Archive for the ‘Mixed use’ Category
Thursday, July 7th, 2016
Article source: office of mcfarlane biggar architects + designers (omb)
To emphasize its status as a leading organization in the world of telecommunications that is also civically, culturally and environmentally minded, TELUS collaborated with Westbank to transform an entire city block of prime downtown Vancouver realestate into an inspiring workplace and a welcoming destination for the downtown community. The ambitious one-million-squarefoot, $750 million development designed by Henriquez Architects comprises a 24-floor office tower and a 53-floor residential tower, with nine floors dedicated to TELUS’ national headquarters.
Image Courtesy © Andrew Latreille
- Architects: office of mcfarlane biggar architects + designers (omb)
- Project: TELUS Garden
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Photography: Andrew Latreille, Ema Peter
- Project Team: Principal-in-Charge (Michelle Biggar0), Supporting Principal (Steve McFarlane), Project Associate (Tracey MacTavish), Others (Hozumi Nakai, Joshua Lunn)
- Services: Interior Design
- Project Size: 156 000 sq.ft.
- Completion: September 2015
Wednesday, July 6th, 2016
Article source: SHoP Architects
Culminating a six-month design competition, Syracuse University today announced SHoP Architects, a world-renowned architect firm headquartered in New York City, has been selected to conceptualize and design the new National Veterans Resource Complex (NVRC). The NVRC, a first-of-its-kind multi-use facility, is among the most transformative initiatives contained within the University’s Campus Framework, a draft of which was shared with the University community yesterday.
Image Courtesy © SHoP Architects PC
- Architects: SHoP Architects
- Project: NATIONAL VETERANS RESOURCE COMPLEX (NVRC)
- Location: Syracuse, New York, U.S.A
Wednesday, July 6th, 2016
Article source: RKTB Architects, P.C.
This new six-story office building in Manhattan’s historic SoHo Cast Iron District interprets the rhythms and proportions established by surrounding landmark buildings while providing efficient, modern, mixed-use commercial and office space plus a top-floor penthouse within its more than 37,000 allowable square feet.
Image Courtesy © Albert Vecerka of ESTO
- Architects: RKTB Architects, P.C.
- Project: 433 Broadway
- Location: New York, U.S.A
- Photography: Albert Vecerka of ESTO
Saturday, July 2nd, 2016
Article source: RO&AD Architecten
The Ravelijn “Op den Zoom” is a fort-island of the city of Bergen op Zoom in The Netherlands which is made in the beginning of the 18th century by Menno van Coehoorn, a famous fort builder. This is the only “ravelijn” of him still present. The island sits just outside of the former center of the city. At the end of the 19th century the fortress lost its defensive function. Nowadays the island-fort is mainly used for small public and private events.
Image Courtesy © Bastiaan Musscher
- Architects: RO&AD Architecten
- Project: Kiosk on the Ravelijn
- Location: Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
- Photography: Bastiaan Musscher
- Software used: Sketchup and Autocad
- Design team: Ro Koster, Ad Kil, Martin van Overveld
- Commisioner: City Council of Bergen op Zoom
- Structural Engineer: Lüning, Doetinchem, The Netherlands
- Contractor: Heijmans, The Netherlands
- Construction time: 4 months, finished March 2015
Saturday, July 2nd, 2016
Article source: GLR arquitectos / Gilberto L. Rodríguez
“Two monoliths that modify and enrich the landscape; sculptures with life within them. Where living spaces, terraces, and an exclusive commercial area are discovered. All this translated into environments and sensations that lead you to a unique life style, all in the same place.”
Image Courtesy © Jorge Taboada
- Architects: GLR arquitectos / Gilberto L. Rodríguez
- Project: Magma Tower
- Location: Monterrey, Nuevo León, México
- Photography: Jorge Taboada
- Project Team: Enrique Salas, Tomas Güereña, Cecilia Bautista, Gaudy Oyervides, Torsten Trumm, Lorena Sampedro, Cecilia Paredes , David Alatorre, Raúl Torres, Gabriela Gutiérrez, Oscar O´Farrill, Pamela Díaz de León, Federico Peralta, Tonatiuh Aguilar, Alexa Núñez,
- Landscape: Claudia Harari
- Interior Design: Héctor Esrawe, Ana Landa
- Area: 38,450 m2
- Year: 2008-2013
Saturday, July 2nd, 2016
Article source: Architects of Invention
The project implies construction of an upscale lifestyle community comprised of a professionally serviced apartment complex, located on the reclaimed part of the main island of Seychelles – Sailwin. The project includes advanced infrastructure: spa-complex, several restaurants and a club-house with a pool and a private marina. Project site has a direct access to the beach.
Image Courtesy © Architects of Invention
- Architects: Architects of Invention
- Project: Coral Holiday Apartments
- Location: Mahe Island, Sailwin, Seychelles
- Software used: Sketchup, Rhino, Autocad
- Landscape consultant: HED
- Team: Dominykas Daunys, Nikoloz Japaridze, Anton Khmelnitskiy, Ivane Ksnelashvili, Davit Tsanava
- Budget: $10 mil
- Size: 15000 m²
Wednesday, June 29th, 2016
Article source: ON-A
Located in a strategic point in the city of Riyadh, close to the business district and the city center, this large hotel complex of 610 meters, is a skyscraper that includes the spa and health services, sky bar-restaurant, executive club, business center, apartments and conference center. Also includes within its program three interstitial floors with gardens that work as windbreaks at strategic points, thanks to the same aerodynamic shape. Within the conceptual design, there are mechanisms of renewable energy located in the façade and following a modular panel system, designed parametrically. Each panel incorporates turbines that geometrically varies the diameter of the opening in order to enhance the natural ventilation cooling system, that works at the same time with the rainwater collection. The podium structure houses the hotel amenities and conference facilities and links the building to its surroundings at the pedestrian level. Also the podium incorporates a multipurpose hall, restaurants and extensive outdoor gardens surrounding the project located in the middle of a water mirror.
Image Courtesy © ON-A
- Architects: ON-A
- Project: THE BLADE
- Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Creative director: Jordi Fernández, Eduardo Gutiérrez
- Executive director: Eduardo Gutiérrez
- Team: Luka Kreze, Marc Canut, Nicolás Millán and Georgina Morales
- Area: 320.000 m2
- Project: 2016
Tuesday, June 28th, 2016
Article source: Atelier Kempe Thill
Atelier Kempe Thill has recently won the European competition for the transformation and extension of the new arts campus of the Karel de Grote Hogeschool in Antwerp. The new university building in the Van Schoonbekestraat will provide space for 600 students and staff for three academic masters courses in visual arts (graphic design, jewelery design – goldsmith, and art ) and a professional bachelor education in photography. The opening of the new building is scheduled for September 2018 . The existing sister school of the 50s will be transformed according to the needs of the new arts campus and partially demolished. On the east side of the complex a new flexible studio house is realized. In this building there is space for large studios, modern workshops and an exhibition hall of the college.
Image Courtesy © Atelier Kempe Thill
- Architects: Atelier Kempe Thill
- Project: School of Arts KDG
- Location: Van Schoonbekestraat 143, Antwerp, Belgium
- Client: Karel de Grote Hogeschool Antwerp / Belgium
- Status: 1th prize competition 2016
Friday, June 24th, 2016
Article source: Atelier Alter
This rehabilitation project converts a storage space into a stone archive: to showcase the diversities of stone craft and to create a space for architects to contemplate their designs with stone.
As the most primitive construction material, stone comes with dignity and authenticity. However, as construction becomes more and more visually dominated, stones are crafted to be light and polished. The spirit within stones seems to be lost, as stones are gradually substituted by other superficial materials. This project attempts to propose a critic for modern construction.
facade night, Image Courtesy © Atelier Alter
- Architects: Atelier Alter
- Project: Yingliang Stone Archive
- Location: Beijing city Chaoyang District Beiyuan North Qu Winery International Art District F1-1001, China
- Software used: Rhino
- Client: Beijing Tian Cheng Ying Liang Stone Co., Ltd.
- Principals in Charge: Xiaojun Bu Yingfan Zhang
- Design Team: Kai Qin, Zhenwei Li, Dehu Du, Tongwei Liu
- Civil/Structure/MEP Engineer: Jie Jin, Zhe Li, Wei Li, Ming Cheng
- Landscape Architect: Xiaojun Bu, Dehu Du
- General Contractor: An Hui Wan Cong Construction Services Co.,Ltd., Beijing Jingcheng Yongshun Science and Technology Development Co., Ltd.
- Cost: $427,560
- Area: 472 m2
- Year: 2016
Thursday, June 9th, 2016
Article source: pRchitect communications consultancy
Urban renewal is an act which has to be carefully planned noting its reflections to the city, and, comes up as a process which has to be managed with balance while putting a road map where all the shareholders (people, planners, architects, engineers, contractors, etc.) of the city work together.
Image Courtesy © MuuM
- Architects: MuuM
- Project: Canakkale Municipality Urban Renewal Project
- Location: Çanakkale, Turkey
- Software used: SketchUp and 3DsMax
- Architectural and Urban Design Team: Murat Aksu, Umut İyigün, David Rato, Sibel Kurugül, Ceren Bek, Mert Yıldırım, Mustafa Yıldız, Hüseyin Çiğdem, Çağlan Çelebi, Selen Karaseyfioğlu
- Landscape Design Team: Mehmet Ali Yüzer, Onur Yüzer
- Client: Çanakkale Municipality
- Phase: Competition Entry, Mention
- Site Area: 83.440 sqm
- Built Area: 320.000 sqm
- Project Date: 09.2014