Archive for the ‘Mixed use’ Category
Wednesday, December 3rd, 2014
Article source: SCAPE
The building, measuring 3,800m2, designed by the architectural studio SCAPE, is located at the southern end of ZAC (urban development zone) at Porte des Lilas, and has among its main objectives that of transforming the relationship between the city of Paris within the Boulevard Périphérique and the districts on the outside.
Image Courtesy © Francesco Mattuzzi
- Architects: SCAPE
- Project: Multi-purpose building
- Location: Rue Paul-Meurice, ZAC des Lilas, Paris (France)
- Photography: Francesco Mattuzzi
- Client: Ville de Paris, Direction du Patrimoine et de l’Architecture
- Energy performance: Plan Climat Ville de Paris (50kwh/m2)
- Project Data:
- Gross area: 3,800m2
- Gross floor surface: 3,186m2
Saturday, November 29th, 2014
Article source: intile&rogers arquitectura
From the architect. Quintana 4598, at the corner of Calle Arias, is a building of 12 functional units. The structure is modular, easily implemented and flexible. There are three apartments per floor in which the bathroom, kitchen, storage, closet and bedroom space are organized in a “furniture” format, as a piece attached sideways to the larger space. The specific programs take advantage of the 3m height and are condensed by a superposition in this structure. This operation provides a large volume of air to the dynamic area of the house.
Image Courtesy © Federico Cairoli
- Architects: intile&rogers arquitectura
- Project: Quintana 4598
- Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Photography: Federico Cairoli
- Structures: Ing. Ariel Fridman
- Building Services: Ing. Julio Blanco
- Wulcon Energy: Ing. Orlando Giampaoli, Tec. Adolfo Fraccalvieri
Wednesday, November 26th, 2014
Article source: 10 Design
China Celebrated the Opening of Its World Class Central Business District in Shizimen, Zhuhai
On 30thOctober 2014, the Zhuhai Municipal Government officiated the grand opening of the new Zhuhai International Convention and Exhibition Centre, being the first phase of the Shizimen Central Business District in China. Together with the Mayor of Zhuhai, the Chairman of Huafa, the Project’s Chief Designer – Gordon Affleck, and Project Director – Miriam Auyeung attended. The development is strategically located along the Zhuhai waterfront, maximising close proximity to Guangdong, Hong Kong, and Macau, catalysing economic development of the wider Hengqin Region.
Image Courtesy © KerunIp
- Architects: 10 Design
- Project: SHIZIMEN CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT
- Location: Zhuhai, China
- Photography: KerunIp
- Architectural Design Team: Gordon Affleck – Chief Design Architect, Miriam Auyeung – Project Director, Vincent Fung – Senior Associate, Jamie Webb – Associate Designer, Colin Ashton – Architectural Designer, Jason Easter -Architectural Designer
- Client: State-owned Enterprise Huafa Group and its wholly-owned subsidiary Zhuhai Shizimen Central Business District Development Holdings
- Overall Development Programme:
- Total Site: 269,600 sqm
- Total GFA: 640,000 sqm
- Iconic Tower Height: 320 m
- Phase 1 Development Programme:
- Phase 1 Total GFA: 362,000 sqm
- Convention & Exhibition Facilities: 95,800 sqm
- Hotels & Serviced Apartment: 156,000 sqm
- St. Regis Hotel: 250 rooms
- Sheraton Hotel: 548 rooms
- Serviced Apartment: 450 units
- Office: 86,500 sqm
- Retail and F&B: 23,600 sqm
Friday, November 21st, 2014
Article source: Rocco Design Architects Limited
The design targets to create an urban community with a distinct architectural setting, which can enrich the cityscape as well as offer a most dynamic working environment. Three towers of different heights are positioned in each lot, with the volumetric forms effectively defining the city edge and establishing a lasting impression for the whole development.
Image Courtesy © Rocco Design Architects Limited
- Architects: Rocco Design Architects Limited
- Project: Office Development
- Location: Shekou, Shenzhen, China
- Client: China Merchants Shekou Industrial Zone Co., Ltd
- Project Team: Rocco Yim, William Tam, Yip Kit Man, Pun Hiu Ting
- Total G.F.A: 80,000 sq. m
- Site Area: 27,777sq. m
- Designed Year: 2014
Wednesday, November 12th, 2014
Article source: Girimun Architects
This mixed-use development in Greater Noida Extension will act as a commercial hub for the developing region. Five levels of retail and a green terraced roof form a shopping and entertainment platform directly connected to 45,000 sqm of office space distributed in two towers. The towers are strategically positioned to enclose, shade and shelter a beautiful semi-sunken out-door event space that opens up towards the residential vicinity.
Image Courtesy © Girimun Architects
- Architects: Girimun Architects
- Project: Regal Emporia
- Location: Great Noida, India
- Size: 50,000 m2
- Client: Investor Clinic
- Architect Team: Mauro Resnitzky
- Opening: 2015
Thursday, November 6th, 2014
Article source: HWKN and Handel Architects
The team from HWKN yesterday joined Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop, owners The KRE Group and National Real Estate Advisors and other local dignitaries to celebrate the groundbreaking of Journal Squared, HWKN and Handel Architects’ highly-anticipated three-tower, mixed-use development adjacent to the Journal Square PATH Station that is expected to fuel the revitalization of the massive transportation hub and serve as the centerpiece of a resurgent urban neighborhood.
Image Courtesy © HWKN and Handel Architects
- Architects: HWKN and Handel Architects
- Project: Journal Squared
- Location: Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Size: 2,300,000 sq. ft. in 3 phases. Phase 1 currently under construction, containing 540 units.
- Client: Kushner Real Estate Group, National Real Estate Advisors
- Consultants: WSP Cantor Seinuk Inc. (structure), Barone Engineering Associates (MEP), Melillo + Bauer Associates, Inc. (landscape architect), Christopher Stevens LLC (Interiors), Bruce Mau Design (Identity), Bliss Fasman Inc. (Lighting Consultant), Van Deusen & Associates (Elevator Consultant), Israel Berger & Associates (Building Envelope Consultant), Dresdner Robin (Civil Engineers), Dolan and Dean Consulting Engineers, LLC (Traffic Consultant
Wednesday, November 5th, 2014
Article source: Vincent Callebaut Architectures
“It is time for Cairo to witness the creation of an iconic sustainable building that would express the future of the city Victorious , after decades of urban degradation and also after the recent flip page of unrest – it represents the demand to look into the peak guidance into the future which developers would seek to track.»Abraj Misr
Our Client «Abraj Misr»is developing a new site in a very strategic location in Cairo, on al Nozha Street in Nasr City (vital street). The site is neighbored with large
projects, either already
constructed (e.g. City Stars) or
under Construction (e.g. Delta
Development Project on Al Nasr
Road), or potential projects (e.g. Al Tayyar Land on Al Nasr Road). The site enjoys strong connections to Cairo Airport and main Cairo Arteriessuch as Al Nasr Road (Auto Strad) and Al Orouba Road.
Image Courtesy © Vincent Callebaut Architectures
- Architects: Vincent Callebaut Architectures
- Project: THE GATE RESIDENCE
- Location: Heliopolis District, Cairo,Egypt
- CLIENT: Abraj Misr, Urban Development
- PROGRAM: 1000 Appartments, Offices and Shopping Mall
- SURFACE AREA: 450 000 M²
- BUDGET : EGP 4,5 bn.
- START OF THE CONSTRUCTION : March 2015
- DELIVERY: 2019
- CURRENT PHASE: Schematic Design / Building Permit
- GREEN CERTIFICATION: LEED Gold Plus
- LOCAL ARCHITECT: K&A Design, Injaz Development
- VCA’S TEAM: Agnès Martin, Jiaoyang Huang, Fabrice Zaini, MaguyDelrieu, Vincent Callebaut
Wednesday, November 5th, 2014
Article source: Hamonic + Masson & Associés
The programme of this competition, won in 2008 by Hamonic + Masson & Associés architects, was to reconstruct the Marne departmental archives annexe, situated in the French city of Reims. The new construction is located opposite the old building, and the project was completed and delivered by Hamonic + Masson & Associés in 2014. The aim was to turn the building in to a modern history research hub and a regional information centre, whilst expanding the linear archival storage space from 7km to 18km.
Image Courtesy © Sergio Grazia
- Architects: Hamonic + Masson & Associés
- Project: Reconstruction of departmental archives
- Location: 129, avenue de l’Yser, Reims, France
- Photography: Sergio Grazia
- Software used: Vectorworks, Nemetschek
- Client: Conseil Général de la Marne.
- Structural engineer: SIBAT
- Cost: 6,6 M€ excluding tax.
- Surface: 5 145 m2
Wednesday, October 29th, 2014
Article source: mikelić vreš arhitekti d.o.o.
The “Histria Aromatica” homestead is the center of a unique agricultural – tourist complex planted with indigenous, medicinal, aromatic plants and herbs.The complex is located on a formerly neglected hill in the municipality Pizanovac Bale in Istria. At its highest point lies a unique micro location which offers uninterrupted panoramic views of the Istrian coast, from historic town of Rovinj to the National park of the Brijuni archipelago.
Image Courtesy © Ivan Dorotić
- Architects: mikelić vreš arhitekti d.o.o.
- Project: Histria Aromatica Homestead
- Location: Bale, Croatia
- Photography: Ivan Dorotić
- CLIENT: Bioaromatica d.o.o.
- ARCHITECTS TEAM: Marin Mikelić, Hrvoje Vidović,Tomislav Vreš
- SITE AREA: 100.000 m²
- BUILDING AREA: 780 m²
- TOTAL FLOOR AREA: 972 m²
- STORIES: Basement + ground floor + 1st floor
- STRUCTURE: Concrete
- FINISH: Natural stone
- COMPLETED DATE: 2014.
- DESIGN PARTICIPATION: Sara Pavlov, Silvija Pranjić, Stjepan Birač (Architecture), Mateo Biluš (Details, Building Physics), Mario Todorić, Toding (Structural Engineering), Srećko Zubak, Shema ZS (Electrical Engineering), Marinko Zečević, Citara (HVAC), Goran Vučković (Plumbing Engineering), Davor Belužić, Hobby bazeni (Fountain Engineering), Željko Mužević, Flamit (Fire Protection)
Friday, October 24th, 2014
Article source: Grant Associates
Grant Associates, the international landscape architecture practice, has unveiled details of its new landscape and public realm design for Capitol Singapore, a prestigious $1.1 billion mixed-use redevelopment of a key heritage site in the city’s downtown civic district. The first phase of the integrated development is due to open end 2014.
Image Courtesy © Grant Associates
- Architects: Grant Associates
- Project: Grant Associates unveils landscape designs for Capitol Singapore
- Location: Capitol Singapore