Archive for the ‘Mixed use’ Category
Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group has signed a management contract for a new signature hotel and branded residences to be developed in Melbourne, Australia. The project is expected to open in 2023, and is the Group’s first announced property in Australia.
The hotel and residences will be located on Collins Street, in the mixed-use 185-metre tower designed by Zaha Hadid, and will play a part in the ongoing regeneration of the city’s Central Business District. Located in the heart of Melbourne’s financial and legal district, the project is close to the Docklands and the Southbank tourist and entertainment precinct.
Image Courtesy © Visualarch
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Mandarin Oriental hotel and residences
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
- Photography: Visualarch
- ZHA Design: Zaha Hadid and Patrik Schumacher
- ZHA Director: Gianluca Racana
- ZHA Project Directors: Michele Pasca di Magliano and Viviana Muscettola
- ZHA Project Associates: Andres Madrid and Michele Salvi
- ZHA Project Team: Johannes Elias, Pauline Gidoin, Millie Anderson, Michael Sims, Gaganjit Singh, Natasha Gill, Yooyeon Noh, Vincent Yeung, Hee Seung Lee, Nhan Vo, Sam Mcheileh, Luca Ruggeri, Michael Rogers Juan Camilo Mogollon, Effie Kuan, Julia Hyoun Hee Na, Maria Tsironi, Ashwanth Govindaraji, Cyril Manyara, Cristina Capanna, Massimo Napoleoni, Kostantinos Psomas, Megan Burke, Veronica Erspamer, Ahmed Hassan, Marius Cernica
- Local Architect: PLUS Architecture
Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017
Article source: Wutopia Lab
Eight tenths Garden is an art museum dedicated to arts and crafts, which can also be used as a venue for the conference in the idle hours. It has a coffee shop, a library, offices, bed and breakfasts, as well as a restaurant, study rooms and chess rooms. It is a micro cultural complex in all.
Eight tenths garden was originally a sales center. The sales center was one of the two-story buildings on the street’s triangular corner, with a four-story circular hall embedded on the top of it. The entrance is located on the garth of the triangle. The other two sides of the building were the neighborhood committee and shops along the street.
Image Courtesy © CreatAR
- Architects: Wutopia Lab
- Project: Eight tenths Garden
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Photography: CreatAR
- Client: Shi Huijuan
- LDI: Shanghai DuJuan Engineering Design and Consultants Limited
- Interior Design: ShangRuiYuan Building Design Consultants Limited
- Landscape design: Atelier VISION
- Chief architect: Yu Ting
Sunday, July 30th, 2017
Article source: Beijing Institute of Architectural Design, Office of Conference and Exhibition Architecture (BIAD Office 3A7）
Hangzhou International Expo Center is situated on the bank of Qiantang River. Its form is grand and exquisite, and rich in the implication “of Jiangnan”. To this date, it is the biggest, most advanced mega urban complex in China.
Image Courtesy © Lu Xu
- Architects: Beijing Institute of Architectural Design, Office of Conference and Exhibition Architecture (BIAD Office 3A7)
- Project: International Expo Center
- Location: Jingben Avenue, Qianjiang Shijicheng, Xiaoshan District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
- Photography: Lu Xu
- Principle architect: Liu Mingjun
- Client: Hangzhou Olympic and International Expo Center, Xiaoshan Construction and Investment Company Limited
- Structural Engineer: Beijing Institute of Architectural Design, Second Design Office
- MEP Consultant: Beijing Institute of Architectural Design, Second Design Office
- Quantity surveyor: Beijing Institute of Architectural Design, Economics Division
Friday, July 21st, 2017
Article source: Architects VDARQ
This project proposes the development of a Eurobuilding Hotel Complex, Convention Center, and Office Building.
The volumetry of the set is formed by 3 bodies, a square structure with a central atrium for the hotel. The central body corresponds to the convention center, whose deck is the recreational areas of the hotel, swimming pool and restaurant; And the third building is the tallest building, designed for offices spaces.
Image Courtesy © Architects VDARQ
- Architects: Vivian Dembo Arquitectura
- Project: Eurobuilding Hotel Complex, Convention Center, and Office Building
- Location: Maracay, Venezuela
- Design Team: Vivian Dembo Arquitectura
- Client: Grupo ALCO
- Design Director: Arq. Vivian Dembo
Wednesday, July 19th, 2017
Article source: Aedas
Aedas-design Zhuhai Hengqin Headquarters Complex (Phase II) sits in a prime area on the Hengqin Island in Zhuhai, in close proximity to the Lotus Bridge that links to Cotai, Macau. Overlooking some of the largest casino resorts across the river, the development is set to be an integrated cultural tourism-oriented complex with two high-rise Grade-A office towers and a series of retail, banquet, entertainment and leisure venues.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Zhuhai Hengqin Headquarters Complex (Phase II)
- Location: Zhuhai, China
- Client: MCC International Investment Development Co., Ltd.
- Directors: Andy Wen and Keith Griffiths
- Gross Floor Area: 486,257 sq m
- Completion Year: 2019
Tuesday, July 18th, 2017
Article source: Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos
In response to the current demand for quality spaces in a context of continual urban growth, Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos designed the Artz Pedregal, a mixed-use complex that promises to be a new icon in the heart of southern Mexico City. This project is located within a fully urbanized landscape on a 50,000 m2 site that is adjacent to major roads.
Park and Gallery view, Image Courtesy © Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos, render by Lighthouse 3D
- Architects: Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos
- Project: ARTZ PEDREGAL
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Photography: Lighthouse 3D
- President: Javier Sordo Madaleno Bringas
- Architecture Leader: Javier Sordo Madaleno de Haro
- Project Leader: Andrés Cajiga
- Project Manager: Luis Hernández
- Design Team: Fernanda Roldán, Thelma Ruelas, Armando Ledesma, Marco Manríquez
Tuesday, July 18th, 2017
Article source: Foster + Partners
Foster + Partners has been appointed to design a new office tower as part of an urban precinct that is set to reinvigorate part of Sydney’s iconic Circular Quay. Located between George and Pitt streets – a stone’s throw away from the city’s famous harbour – the scheme is characterised by a network of pedestrian laneways that criss-cross the site at different levels. The laneways will be lined with shops, cafes and bars, celebrating Sydney as a unique destination.
Image Courtesy © Foster + Partners
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: Circular Quay Tower
- Location: Circular Quay, Sydney, Australia
Tuesday, July 18th, 2017
Article source: Vincent Callebaut Architectures
SCENERY AND DESIGN PLAN: A PERMEABLE LANDSCAPING LINKING 4 CORES
What does the Han River represent today, and what could be its future?
In this early 21st century, Yeouido Park is an experimental urban space dedicated to sustainable development. The Government wishes to make it a bridgehead for innovation, combining the best of low-tech and high-tech while promoting the rehabilitation of urban ecosystems and biodiversity.
Image Courtesy © Vincent Callebaut Architectures
- Architects: Vincent Callebaut Architectures
- Project: MANTA RAY
- Location: Yeouido Han River Park between the Mapo Bridge and the Wonhyo Bridge, Seoul, South Korea
- Host & Order Institution: Seoul Metropolitan Government
- G.F.A. Spatial Planning: 25 600 m² = 9100 m² Ferry Terminal & Pier Deck + 8500 m² Yeoui Terrace + 8000 m² Cultural Complex
- Status: Masterplan & Concept
Sunday, July 16th, 2017
Article source: The Architectural Design and Research Institute of Harbin Institute of Technology
Zhengzhou Grand Theater, being the east part of city axis, is located in Zhengzhou Culture District as the best palace of performing arts in the Central Plains, will highlight the art of movement, and manifest the axis status of Zhengzhou in the Chinese culture with an architectural image unique to the Central Plains.
The architectural design concept of this project is: Yellow River Raving, A Dragon Wakes Up in Central China.
Image Courtesy © The Architectural Design and Research Institute of Harbin Institute of Technology
- Architects: The Architectural Design and Research Institute of Harbin Institute of Technology
- Project: Zhengzhou Grand Theater
- Location: Zhengzhou Culture District, Zhengzhou City, Henan Province, China
- Principle architect: Hongyuan Mei
- Scale: Around124, 000m²
- Total land area: 36219m²
- Total construction area: 96,941m²
- Volume rate: 1.48
- Design period: June 2015 to February 2017
- Completion: End of 2019
- Project status: Under construction
Thursday, July 6th, 2017
Article source: BNIM Architects
BNIM led the initial Campus Master Plan and Conceptual Design process, which was complet-ed in April 2012, for the Pacific Center Campus Development. In August of that year, BNIM was again selected to lead the design of a two-building campus expansion. The two buildings add 410,000 square feet of office, dry laboratory, catering/café, health center, fitness center, lecture hall, multi-purpose learning and conference space to the campus. Both buildings have received LEED gold certification.
Image Courtesy © BNIM Architects
- Architects: BNIM Architects
- Project: Pacific Center Campus Development
- Location: San Diego, California, USA
- Software used: Revit