Article source: Aptum Architecture
MI’RAJ is one of two parts of the night ascension journey that the Islamic prophet Muhammad took in one night. It has been described as both a physical and spiritual journey. The proposal, MI’RAJ, is about a journey of ascension to prayer and the spatial experience that evolves. As the ascension to prayer begins, a sequence of events unfolds.
- Architects: Aptum Architecture
- Project: Mi’Raj Pristina Central Mosque
- Location: Prishtina, Kosovo
- Credits: APTUM ,Roger Hubeli and Julie Larsen (principals)
- Collaborators : Sinead C Mac Namara (structural engineer), Wes Chiang, Danny Duong, Andres Jaime, Andrew Paul, Bryan Scheib
- Year: 2013