Archive for the ‘Music Hall’ Category
Tuesday, March 19th, 2013
Article source: Walters-Storyk Design Group
Beyond the traditional amenities of fine dining, exotic libations, and live music, the Fenix introduces a template for a new form of creative and social interaction — on site and online. Conceived by Laura van Galen, a visionary Bay Area CEO, the new 150-seat super club has been designed to share live performances by talented indigenous and celebrated world-renowned artists with a local, national and eventually international audience on location and over the web at www.livestream.com/fenixlive.
Image Courtesy © John Merkl
- Acoustical consultants: WSDG
- Project: FENIX – MARIN COUNTY’S NEW MECA OF DREAMS AND STREAMS
- Location: San Rafael, California, USA
- Photography: John Merkl
Thursday, January 3rd, 2013
Article source: archi5
Located in Pontault Combault, a medium sized town about 30 km from Paris, this cultural project is a mix of several programs.
– A theatre / auditorium
– A mediatheque
– Music studios
– Exhibition rooms and areas
Image Courtesy Thomas Jorion
- Architects: archi5 with B. Huidobro.
- Project name: Cultural Centre
- Location: Pontault Combault, France
- Architecture and urbanism agency: archi5prod
- Photographer: Thomas Jorion
- Client: City of Pontault Combault.
- Programme: Construction of a cultural centre comprising a 350 seats theater/auditorium. Mediatheque. Practice rooms.
- Surface: 3 140 m²
- Cost: 3 804 594 € Excl tax.
- Time-Table: competition 2005 – Completion 2008
Tuesday, December 18th, 2012
Article source: WSDG
Berklee College of Music, the world’s premier learning lab for contemporary music, and Walters-Storyk Design Group, renowned for their work on studios for Jimi Hendrix, Alicia Keys, and Bruce Springsteen, today announced the completion of a cutting edge recording/teaching complex at Berklee’s Valencia campus. Berklee’s new state-of-the-art campus is located at the Palau de les Arts Reina Sofia in Valencia, Spain. The studio facility is the final element of Berklee’s first international campus, which recently launched its master’s programs.
Berklee Valencia Studio K Live Room : Image Courtesy Mercedes Herrán
- Project: Berklee Opens World-Class Recording/Teaching Studio Complex
- Location: Valencia, Spain
- Photos by: Mercedes Herrán
- Software used:
- Revit – for acoustic accommodation details
- AutoCAD – for power and conduit infrastructure drawings
- Insul – for boundary isolation calculations
- Proprietary WSDG RT60 Calculator – for internal room acoustic calculations
- B&K 2250 sound level meter – for initial site acoustic measurements
Saturday, November 24th, 2012
Article source: Moritz Gruppe/LAVA
An old cabaret theatre from the roaring ’20s has been uncovered in the heart of Berlin.
The semi-derelict music hall theatre, built in 1905 on Gartenstraße in Berlin Mitte, has been buried in 30 tonnes of rubble since 1934 when it closed, perhaps as part of a crackdown on the cabaret scene by the Nazi regime.
Image Courtesy Moritz Gruppe GmbH/Ronny Goyn
- Architects: LAVA visualisations
- Project: Abandoned 1920s cabaret theatre discovered in Berlin
- Location: Berlin, Germany
Tuesday, November 6th, 2012
Article source: Soa & Holdup
‘NESTED IN THE REMAINS OF NIEL’S BARRACKS, THE FERME DARWIN IS A PILOT PROJECT WHICH ACCOMMODATES MULTIPLE FUNCTIONS, RIGHT IN BETWEEN NATURE AND CULTURE.’
Image Courtesy Soa & Holdup
- Architects: Soa & Holdup
- Project: Ferme Darwin
- Location: Bordeaux, france
- Typology: Vertical farm, music stage & educational gallery
- Floor area: 2,800sqm
- Status: Ongoing
- Budget: 1,620,000€
- Condition: Private Commission
- Client: Darwin Ecosysteme
- Technology: Courtirey
Saturday, October 20th, 2012
Article source: Broissin Architects
Inspired in the movement of a conductor´s baton, the building design is composed of five concrete roofs moving up and down in harmony to give shape, space and light to the project. Each roof represents a staff´s line, always straight, constant and parallel.
We are looking forward to create a project that lives for the site trees as these will live as a part of it. We cannot think about a dark and traditional concert hall when the project is being developed in a forest area with huge and old trees.
Main Facade (2) : Image Courtesy Paúl Rivera
- Architects: Broissin Architects
- Project: Roberto Cantoral Music Hall
- Location: Coyoacán, Mexico
- Photographs: Paúl Rivera, Alejandro Rocha
- Owner: Sociedad de Autores y Compositores de México, Armando Manzanero Canché, Roberto Cantoral Zucchi
- Opening: June 2012
- Partner in Charge: Gerardo Broissin
- Project Manager: David Suárez
- Project Architects: Mauricio Cristóbal, Rodrigo Jiménez, Alejandro Rocha
- Team: Enrique Guillén, Adrián Téllez, Gabriela Maldonado, Rubén Zepeda, Luis Muñoz, Erik Guzmán, José Luis Durán, Sara Villanueva, Elizabeth Salinas, Juan Manuel Vargas, Pamela Moreno, Alejandro Castro