Article source: Broissin Architects
Inspired in the movement of a conductor´s baton, the building design is composed of five concrete roofs moving up and down in harmony to give shape, space and light to the project. Each roof represents a staff´s line, always straight, constant and parallel.
We are looking forward to create a project that lives for the site trees as these will live as a part of it. We cannot think about a dark and traditional concert hall when the project is being developed in a forest area with huge and old trees.
Main Facade (2) : Image Courtesy Paúl Rivera
- Architects: Broissin Architects
- Project: Roberto Cantoral Music Hall
- Location: Coyoacán, Mexico
- Photographs: Paúl Rivera, Alejandro Rocha
- Owner: Sociedad de Autores y Compositores de México, Armando Manzanero Canché, Roberto Cantoral Zucchi
- Opening: June 2012
- Partner in Charge: Gerardo Broissin
- Project Manager: David Suárez
- Project Architects: Mauricio Cristóbal, Rodrigo Jiménez, Alejandro Rocha
- Team: Enrique Guillén, Adrián Téllez, Gabriela Maldonado, Rubén Zepeda, Luis Muñoz, Erik Guzmán, José Luis Durán, Sara Villanueva, Elizabeth Salinas, Juan Manuel Vargas, Pamela Moreno, Alejandro Castro