Archive for the ‘Office Building’ Category
Friday, May 5th, 2017
Article source: Inhouse Brand Architects
Infrastructure investment company GAIA commissioned award-winning interior design firm Inhouse Brand Architects to create its new Cape Town office space. Following successful, large-scale projects for notable corporate companies, like Old Mutual, Santam, Sanlam and more, Inhouse was the clear choice based on demonstrated conceptualisation and implementation expertise spanning 15 years in the industry.
Image Courtesy © Inhouse Brand Architects
Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017
Article source: Enrique Browne & Asociados Arquitectos
The rainy city of Concepción, is located in the mouth of the Bío-Bío River, 520 Km south of Santiago. It has aprox. 220.000 inhabitants, but its threshold spans reaches some 630.000 people. The highlights of its economy are the elaboration of steel and the wood industry, both on wide exporting booms. We were asked to design a branch of the ‘Consorcio Nacional de Seguros’, National Insurance Consortium, in a corner site, in front of the only historic and antique church in Concepción, whose façade had been unfortunately reconstructed after an earthquake. Furthermore, it had a front fenced square that impoverished its quality and public character.
Image Courtesy © Enrique Browne & Asociados Arquitectos
- Architects: Enrique Browne & Asociados Arquitectos
- Project: ‘CONSORCIO’ Branch Concepcion
- Location: San Martín Street with Lincoyán Street, Concepción, Chile
- Architect: Enrique Browne
- Associate Architect: Patricio Browne
- Collaborator Architects: Enrique c. Browne, Sebastián Morandé, Davor Mavlovic
- Models: Verónica Celedón
- Builder: Ignacio Hurtado y cia.
Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017
Article source: masilwide
We wanted to express the facade of the building based on the image of the respectable midsize company. The square window, which was an existing window of the officetel, was used as a motif of the exterior of the building as it is. Because it was considered that the detailed elevation design with the restrained elements of the building elevation was more suitable for the fashion company than the building with the flamboyant gesture. Form of the building before the renovation was a common building built in the 90s in Gangnam, which was built in the days when the energy saving designing standard were not clear. The project was planned with a significant challenge that is from the design to improvement of energy performance. First, the glass finished staircase has been inefficient due to the greenhouse effect, which has led to a mass study of architecture from increasing the percentage of the wall of the existing staircase. As a result, facade that was planned stone finished staircase with the minimum fenestra and dignity was finished at the corner intersection with a presence.
Image Courtesy © Inwoo-Yeo
- Architects: Y Group
- Project: JS Corporation’s Company Building
- Location: Gangnam, South Korea
- Photography: Inwoo-Yeo and Jinseok-Yang
Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017
Article source: SPARK
SPARK has completed the design of Gateway One a 71,600-square-metre mixed-use development and transportation hub for China Merchants. Located in Shenzhen South China the 110-metre-high, 27-storey office tower and five retail pavilions are connected by landscaped terraces that combine to create a unique naturally ventilated retail and business destination for the lively Skekou district of the city. The buildings sit over and adjacent to a new transportion hub that includes a bus terminal and the Seaworld subway station.
Image Courtesy © SKPhoto
- Architects: SPARK
- Project: Gateway One Shekou
- Location: Shenzhen, China
- Photography: SKPhoto
- Client: China Merchants
- Project Director: Stephen Pimbley, Wenhui Lim
- Project Associates: Carlo Joson, Peter Morris
- Team: Cynthia Liau, Rafal Kapusta, Lintang Wuriantari, Darmaganda, Mark Mancenido, Olivia Wong, Fabian Ong, Paula Zheng, Arnold Galang, Natasha Hill
- Façade Consultant: Arup
- Local Design Institute: Guangdong Province Design Institute Shenzhen Branch
- Total GFA (sqm): 71,600sqm (Office: 47,200sqm, Retail: 20,400sqm, Bus Terminal: 4000sqm)
Sunday, April 30th, 2017
Article source: THE_SYSTEM LAB
Model House system of Construction Company is a very unique program that only exists in Korea. It is constructed in short period of time to help parceling out and gets demolished after certain period. This is a space program with the shortest life spn.
Image Courtesy © THE_SYSTEM LAB
- Architects: THE_SYSTEM LAB (Chanjoong Kim, Taek Hong)
- Project: Raemian Gallery
- Location: Suwon-si, South Korea
- Site Area: 1719.7㎡
- Building area: 1167.75㎡
- Gross floor Area: 2112.90㎡
- Building scope: 2F
Sunday, April 30th, 2017
Article source: PROYECTO ESTRATEGIA LTDA
In an area of consisting of 3 lots and located on Avenida 127, one of the main avenues in the north of Bogotá, this project was implemented in private offices with a total constructed area of 8,100 m2.
Image Courtesy © PROYECTO ESTRATEGIA LTDA
- Architects: PROYECTO ESTRATEGIA LTDA
- Project: Galeon Business Center
- Location: Bogotá, Colombia
Thursday, April 27th, 2017
Article source: Blooey / Remko Verhaagen
VanBerlo has set up their second office in the former Ypenburg air base. This building with a rich history underwent a massive renovation, and VanBerlo set out to find the perfect way to mix the building’s historic style with an iconic and contemporary interior. The result is a stylish and minimalistic atmosphere, surrounded by honest materials such as concrete, plywood and felt.
The building was designed by famous Dutch architects Jan Brinkman and Leendert van der Vlugt. Built in the 1930s, Ypenburg airport was clearly ahead of its time. A minimalistic example of Modern Architecture, a style that zeroed in on light, air and space.
Image Courtesy © Tycho Merijn
- Architects: Blooey / Remko Verhaagen
- Project: VanBerlo Ypenburg
- Location: The Netherlands
- Photography: Tycho Merijn
- Software used: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Solidworks 3D CAD
- Client: VanBerlo
- Design: Remko Verhaagen and Ad van Berlo (in collaboration with the VanBerlo design team)
- Realization: Eric Biermann / Steef Joosten / Derk-Jan Zeelenberg / Buro Spoormaker
Thursday, April 27th, 2017
Article source: gmp · Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
With a height of 411 meters, the building comes under the high-rise building category of the “super-high skyscrapers” of the CTBUH, the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. This means that the architects von Gerkan, Marg and Partners are putting up their highest building ever on the third plot. Design activities for the first two building plots (A and B) had already started after the gmp master plan obtained first prize in the competition at the beginning of last year. Now the client has also given the go-ahead for the third building plot (C). The site lies to the south-west of the inner city next to the trade exhibition grounds, and is the key project for linking two urban axes of the Hexi New Town development.
View from Northwest to plot A, Image Courtesy © Atchain
- Architects: gmp · Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
- Project: Nanjing Financial City II (Third plot)
- Location: Nanjing, China
- Photography: Atchain
- Client: Nanjing Financial City Construction Development Stock Limited Company
- Design: Meinhard von Gerkan and Nikolaus Goetze with Marc Ziemons
- Project management, competition: Jan Blasko
Tuesday, April 25th, 2017
Article source: Buratti Architetti
The project for the new headquarters of Atieva, a Silicon Valley based company involved in research and production of electric cars, has two main parts: the interior renovation of an existing office building and the new outdoor entrance.
The project for the new headquarters is about the new layout of the interior spaces, especially on the public areas such as the entrance, the lounge spaces, meeting and conference rooms and so on. These are the most representative space in the building, that will involve both employees, clients, suppliers and everyone who will be invited at the company.
Image Courtesy © Buratti Architetti
- Architects: Buratti Architetti
- Project: ATIEVA headquarters
- Location: Menlo Park, San Francisco California, USA
- Software used: Autocad LT, 3D Studio Max and Photoshop
Friday, April 21st, 2017
Article source: SLLA Architects
The community centre Máj is located in the biggest 1980s mass-housing settlement in České Budějovice, an ethnically and socially mixed neighbourhood. In the Czech Republic, one third of the population lives in prefab panel settlements built during the socialism era; after 1989 (the fall of the Soviet bloc), there has been a lack of activities solving problems in these areas. The Máj settlement has an increased concentration of the Roma population, who were evicted into the settlement during the 80s and 90s; the district has been the site of tension and several riots.
Image Courtesy © SLLA Architects
- Architects: SLLA Architects
- Project: Community Centre Máj
- Location: České Budějovice, Czech Republic
- Client: City of České Budějovice, Czech Republic
- Total budget: 2.115.000 €
- Total floor area: 1.939 m2
- Total floor area exterior: 1.060 m2
- Volume: 13.786 m3
- Project based on: Open project competition, 2010