Archive for the ‘Office Building’ Category
Tuesday, June 13th, 2017
Article source: GBPA Architects
After winning an invited competition, GBPA Architects was commisioned to design an office building in Monte Grappa street, situated in the heart of Milan fashion district nearby the Central Train Station and other main landmarks. The brief was to totally re-design and refurbish the old Tecnimont Headquarters, an iconic building from the 70s with a very distinctive facade in anodised aluminium and glass, materials chosen to evoque and enlight the Company’s power and technical skills.
Image Courtesy © GBPA Architects
Sunday, June 11th, 2017
Article source: Yoshihiro Kato Atelier Co., Ltd.
The square and pure white building located on a 100 square meter site is called TETOTE NOTE. TETOTE means handshake in Japanese, and it signifies the collaboration among the designers, the clients, and those involved in creating. The first to fifth floors are used as an in-house studio, and the simple arrangement of oblong circular windows in the flat outer surface is impressive. These windows have two ways of opening—vertically and horizontally. Attached just at the surface of the outer wall, these windows give the impression of flatness viewed from the outside, while the thickness of the walls further emphasizes the oblong shape, capturing more random and active shadow and light. In this way the structure has the impression of duality, with a rougher interior, and it represents a stronger relationship through space and minimal detail, without incorporating a great deal of design information. Glass is used for the roofs of the stairway shafts connecting the floors, shedding light on the walls of each floor, and this light changes over time. The steps of the steel staircases are punched through with oblong holes to allow more light to reach all the way to the bottom floor.
Image Courtesy © Nacasa & Partners inc.
Friday, June 9th, 2017
Article source: v2com
John Portman & Associates (JPA) is pleased to announce the grand opening of 615 South College in Uptown Charlotte. A celebration was held on Thursday, May 18 where Charlotte business leaders and commercial real estate professionals joined representatives of John Portman & Associates to commemorate the occasion.
Debut of 615 South College Charlotte, Image Courtesy © John Portman & Associates
Thursday, June 8th, 2017
Article source: D-Werker Architects
Unicity – Carver Korea Lab.: to obtain “Idetity” in urbanscape.
Unicity is the headquarters and research center of Carver Korea, a cosmetic business in South Korea. Carver Korea wants to make a splendid building design to show recent growth of the company.
Image Courtesy © Inwoo Yeo
- Architects: D-Werker Architects (Jieun Lee, Hwon Yoon)
- Project: Unicity
- Location: 459-1, Daeheung-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, Korea
- Photography: Inwoo Yeo
- Client: Sang Rok Lee
- Construction: Gaudikorea Co.
- Structure: Ferroconcrete
- Finishing Materials: Pine Board Exposed Concrete, Exposed Concrete
- Levels: 1 Basement, 5 Fllors
- Total Area: 1,961.91 sqm
- Year: 2017
Tuesday, June 6th, 2017
Article source: ICESA Arquitectos
The fast-growing Employee Solidarity Association of the National Bank of Costa Rica was in need of a new headquarter. They envisioned not only to build their house, but to create a common roof to shelter institutions with shared values and synergies.
The building is located in Llorente de Tibás, a mixed and varied urban fabric that changes dramatically both in landscape and program on every side of the irregular plot. The east facade faces a National Highway, the northern one faces a commercial street and the south side of the plot borders a sprawled residential community. The building accordingly responds differently to every side, situation that is intensified by the bioclimatic parameters that requested the maximum light from the north and south and thermal reductions from the strong east and west lights. This is contrary to the plot geometry that has the shortest side to the north and a reason why the concrete louvers were proposed as a project feature.
Image Courtesy © Sebastián Alfaro Fuscaldo
- Architects: ICESA Arquitectos
- Project: Oficentro Asebanacio
- Location: Tibás, San José, Costa Rica
- Photography: Sebastián Alfaro Fuscaldo
- Client: Asebanacio
- Lead Architects: Sebastián Alfaro Fuscaldo, Cristian Cambronero Herra
- Structural Engineer: Sotela Alfaro Ltda
- Mechanical Engineer: Carlos Cordero
- Electrical Engineer: Marco Vasquez
Friday, June 2nd, 2017
Article source: Studioninedots
Boursorama Banque has moved into its new Parisian head office in Boulogne-Billancourt designed by Studioninedots. In collaboration with Ateliers 115, Studioninedots created a robust and clear building distinguished by its subtle recesses and terraces but foremost by the striking facade that interplays rhythms of bronze-coloured blades.
Image Courtesy © Peter Cuypers
- Architects: Studioninedots
- Project: Lot YA
- Location: Rue Traversière 44, Boulogne-Billancourt, Paris, France
- Photography: Peter Cuypers
- Client: Kaufman & Broad
- Design team: Albert Herder, Vincent van der Klei, Arie van der Neut, Metin van Zijl
- Project team: Wouter Hermanns, Daniel Aw, Freddy Koelemeijer, Eliano Dias Felicio, Pedro Piernas
- Engineering and project manager: Jean-Marc Saurer
Friday, June 2nd, 2017
Article source: ORANGE architects bv
KCAP Architects&Planners and ORANGE Architects win the first prize in the urban and architectural competition for the most western tip of Vasilievsky Island in St. Petersburg. With its important role in the historical outreach of St. Petersburg towards the West, Vasiliesvky Island will become the most prominent manifestation of the city of St. Petersburg on the Gulf of Finland. With the urban plan, the 15 ha site will become a new part of the city with a diverse mix of urban functions facilitating and interconnecting the surrounding areas. It will become a new face of St. Petersburg as entrance of the city from the water.
Image Courtesy © ORANGE architects bv and KCAP
Thursday, May 25th, 2017
Article source: STEINMETZDEMEYER architects and urban planners
Next to the elementary school in the Pfaffenthal neighborhood, rue Vauban, the “Centre du Mouvement Écologique” (Ecological Center), known as the “MECO”, was in dilapidated structures, worth of no interest, neither as built heritage, nor as architectural component of urban fabric.
That old structure, having serious problems with stability, moisture and useful surface capacity, has been replaced by a new construction, exemplary for its answers to concerns and questions raised by sustainable development.
Image Courtesy © Catherine Thiry
- Architects: STEINMETZDEMEYER architects and urban planners
- Project: Administrative building for OEKO-Center
- Location: Pfaffenthal, Luxembourg
- Photography: Catherine Thiry
- Software used: Autocad
- Client: CITY OF LUXEMBOURG
- Civil engineer: T6-Ney & Partners s.à.r.l.
- Technical engineer: Jean Schmit Engineering s.à.r.l.
- Landscape architect: Areal Landscape architects
- Coordinator-pilot: HBH S.A.
- Coordination security-health: Fernand Greisen
Thursday, May 25th, 2017
Article source: Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos
This mixed-use project for offices and a hotel is located in the heart of the city of Guadalajara. Its formal, emphatic, and unified volumetrics express its iconic nature.
The formal concept arises from the mixed-use character it will acquire, consisting of four stacked geometric volumes. Two of these are slightly offset, and exactly aligned on the rear face. These gestures of displacement are designed to interrupt the robustness of the building and express an elegant sense of movement. The lowest volume houses the hotel, and the three volumes above it are allocated to office use by three different corporations, each occupying one volume in its entirety.
Image Courtesy © Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos, photo by Rafael Gamo
- Architects: Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos
- Project: Américas 1500
- Location: Guadalajara, Mexico
- Photography: Rafael Gamo
- President: Javier Sordo Madaleno
- Architecture Leader: Javier Sordo Madaleno de Haro
- Project Leader: Boris Pena
- Project Manager: Andrés Harfuch
- Production Manager: Cándido Hernández
- Design Team: Juan Marin de la Plaza, Miguel Baranda, Abraham Gracía, Luis A. Cabello
Wednesday, May 24th, 2017
Article source: MasilWIDE
What shape of life can an architect suggest to people in a new town in which apartment complexes will be built? The location is the community living area in Gimpo Newtown. The building will be used for a neighbor hospital and other businesses, and we had an expectation that this building would be an open-space in such dense region.
Image Courtesy © kyung Roh
- Architects: Wise Architecture
- Project: Kimsclinic
- Location: 139-33, Gimpohangang 11-ro, Gimpo-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
- Photography: kyung Roh
- Structure: R.C
- Finishing: Staining exposed concrete
- Building scope: B1F / 7F
- Site Area: 605§³
- Building area: 317.25§³
- Gross floor Area: 2,581.16§³
- Height: 30.80m