Archive for the ‘Office Building’ Category
Sunday, April 30th, 2017
Article source: THE_SYSTEM LAB
Model House system of Construction Company is a very unique program that only exists in Korea. It is constructed in short period of time to help parceling out and gets demolished after certain period. This is a space program with the shortest life spn.
Image Courtesy © THE_SYSTEM LAB
- Architects: THE_SYSTEM LAB (Chanjoong Kim, Taek Hong)
- Project: Raemian Gallery
- Location: Suwon-si, South Korea
- Site Area: 1719.7㎡
- Building area: 1167.75㎡
- Gross floor Area: 2112.90㎡
- Building scope: 2F
Sunday, April 30th, 2017
Article source: PROYECTO ESTRATEGIA LTDA
In an area of consisting of 3 lots and located on Avenida 127, one of the main avenues in the north of Bogotá, this project was implemented in private offices with a total constructed area of 8,100 m2.
Image Courtesy © PROYECTO ESTRATEGIA LTDA
- Architects: PROYECTO ESTRATEGIA LTDA
- Project: Galeon Business Center
- Location: Bogotá, Colombia
Thursday, April 27th, 2017
Article source: Blooey / Remko Verhaagen
VanBerlo has set up their second office in the former Ypenburg air base. This building with a rich history underwent a massive renovation, and VanBerlo set out to find the perfect way to mix the building’s historic style with an iconic and contemporary interior. The result is a stylish and minimalistic atmosphere, surrounded by honest materials such as concrete, plywood and felt.
The building was designed by famous Dutch architects Jan Brinkman and Leendert van der Vlugt. Built in the 1930s, Ypenburg airport was clearly ahead of its time. A minimalistic example of Modern Architecture, a style that zeroed in on light, air and space.
Image Courtesy © Tycho Merijn
- Architects: Blooey / Remko Verhaagen
- Project: VanBerlo Ypenburg
- Location: The Netherlands
- Photography: Tycho Merijn
- Software used: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Solidworks 3D CAD
- Client: VanBerlo
- Design: Remko Verhaagen and Ad van Berlo (in collaboration with the VanBerlo design team)
- Realization: Eric Biermann / Steef Joosten / Derk-Jan Zeelenberg / Buro Spoormaker
Thursday, April 27th, 2017
Article source: gmp · Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
With a height of 411 meters, the building comes under the high-rise building category of the “super-high skyscrapers” of the CTBUH, the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. This means that the architects von Gerkan, Marg and Partners are putting up their highest building ever on the third plot. Design activities for the first two building plots (A and B) had already started after the gmp master plan obtained first prize in the competition at the beginning of last year. Now the client has also given the go-ahead for the third building plot (C). The site lies to the south-west of the inner city next to the trade exhibition grounds, and is the key project for linking two urban axes of the Hexi New Town development.
View from Northwest to plot A, Image Courtesy © Atchain
- Architects: gmp · Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
- Project: Nanjing Financial City II (Third plot)
- Location: Nanjing, China
- Photography: Atchain
- Client: Nanjing Financial City Construction Development Stock Limited Company
- Design: Meinhard von Gerkan and Nikolaus Goetze with Marc Ziemons
- Project management, competition: Jan Blasko
Tuesday, April 25th, 2017
Article source: Buratti Architetti
The project for the new headquarters of Atieva, a Silicon Valley based company involved in research and production of electric cars, has two main parts: the interior renovation of an existing office building and the new outdoor entrance.
The project for the new headquarters is about the new layout of the interior spaces, especially on the public areas such as the entrance, the lounge spaces, meeting and conference rooms and so on. These are the most representative space in the building, that will involve both employees, clients, suppliers and everyone who will be invited at the company.
Image Courtesy © Buratti Architetti
- Architects: Buratti Architetti
- Project: ATIEVA headquarters
- Location: Menlo Park, San Francisco California, USA
- Software used: Autocad LT, 3D Studio Max and Photoshop
Friday, April 21st, 2017
Article source: SLLA Architects
The community centre Máj is located in the biggest 1980s mass-housing settlement in České Budějovice, an ethnically and socially mixed neighbourhood. In the Czech Republic, one third of the population lives in prefab panel settlements built during the socialism era; after 1989 (the fall of the Soviet bloc), there has been a lack of activities solving problems in these areas. The Máj settlement has an increased concentration of the Roma population, who were evicted into the settlement during the 80s and 90s; the district has been the site of tension and several riots.
Image Courtesy © SLLA Architects
- Architects: SLLA Architects
- Project: Community Centre Máj
- Location: České Budějovice, Czech Republic
- Client: City of České Budějovice, Czech Republic
- Total budget: 2.115.000 €
- Total floor area: 1.939 m2
- Total floor area exterior: 1.060 m2
- Volume: 13.786 m3
- Project based on: Open project competition, 2010
Thursday, April 20th, 2017
Article source: VVKH Architecten
Achmea’s office building marks the entrance to Leiden town centre. Five grand natural stone stairwells and a colourful façade shape the face directed towards this country’s busiest railway line. The road runs under the building on the town side. Here, the twelve tree columns shape a unique avenue leading towards Leiden city centre. The buildings’ use of colour refers to the painting ’rhythm of a Russian dance´ of the artist Theo van Doesburg. In 1917 he founded the Dutch famous artistic movement ’The Stijl’ in this town.
Image Courtesy © Thea van den Heuvel-Fotografie
- Architects: VVKH Architecten
- Project: Office building for Dutch financial services group ACHMEA Leiden
- Location: Leiden, the Netherlands
- Photography: Thea van den Heuvel-Fotografie
- Client: Leiden city council, Eurocommerce BV
- Contractor: Visser & Smit bouw bv, Papendrecht, the Netherlands
- Area: Office Facilities 32,500 m2, Car Park 10,000 m2 (more…)
Wednesday, April 19th, 2017
Article source: Shishang Architecture
ZANADU is a 4 years old e-commerce startup-company in the premium travel space in China. They provide a suite of travel products to affluent Chinese travelers. Signature journeys, international luxury vacations, high-end cruises, domestic short vacations, private villas and a large selection of the world’s best boutique and luxury hotels.
Image Courtesy © Sui Sicong
- Architects: Shishang Architecture
- Project: ZANADU Travel Experience Space
- Location: Shanghai Village, Shanghai, China
- Photography: Sui Sicong
- Area: 600㎡
Tuesday, April 18th, 2017
Article source: J. MAYER H. Architects
The building site is situated at the intersection between Hamburg’s lively downtown and its urban landscape that is rich in water and mature trees. It is at the transition from city to nature, and the gateway building to the bustling metropolitan core.
The horizontal striped facade with its floating “eyes” celebrates the view onto this unique context. A public park in front of the building continues the design strategy of the facade into the landscape. The “eyes” in the facade and the platforms in the park enable the places to meet and contemplate.
Image Courtesy © Schraubverschluss
- Architects: J. MAYER H. Architects
- Project: ADA1, “An der Alster 1”
- Location: Hamburg, Germany
- Photography: Schraubverschluss
- Sturctural Engineers: Lydia Thiesemann, CBP
- Building Services: Energiehaus, Sineplan
- Building area: 970 m2
- Completion: August 2007 (more…)
Friday, April 14th, 2017
Article source: Fougeron Architecture
For its new headquarters, The Kapor Center commissioned a design competition to transform an existing 1920s-era office building in downtown Oakland into innovative workspace. The Kapor Center for Social Impact works to improve access to opportunity, participation and influence in the United States for historically underrepresented communities through investments in information technology and partnerships with nonprofits. The new headquarters had to be an architectural manifestation of the Kapor Center’s core values: connectivity, openness, and democracy.
Image Courtesy © Fougeron Architecture
- Architects: Fougeron Architecture
- Project: Kapor
- Location: Oakland, CA
- Size: 45,000 sf.
- Date of Completion: May 2016