Archive for the ‘Office space’ Category
Sunday, August 6th, 2017
Article source: project A01 architects
“Schiebel Elektronische Geräte GmbH” arranged a strategy competition in summer 2005 for a production hall with an integrated office building, which should represent the identity of the international aviation company. Because of a nearby testing area in close proximity of an airfield, the site in Wiener Neustadt was chosen as a ideal location. The design of project A01 architects ZT GmbH won the competition and the architects were commissioned to the design the building, the interior and to conduct the construction process. The work started in fall 2005 and lasted until summer 2006. The completion of the interior was finished in 2007. The building is composed of two parts: The office unit is arranged lengthwise facing the street and the production hall is located next to the airfield. The office area holds the major administrative functions of production, marketing, research and education. The meeting room is attached to a generous deck for visitors, which is used for airshows. The function of the employee‘s area was considered to be important and accordingly arranged with an own terrace accessible from the lunchroom. The production area contains two thousand square meters. The hall holds not only an area for assembly and fabrication work, but also an area for design, development and attendance. The autonomous helicopters are developed and manufactured with the latest production processes. The innovative concept and design of the camcopter was awarded with the „Staatspreis für Design 2005“, the highest Austrian design award, and is distributed all around the world.
Image Courtesy © project A01 architects
- Architects: project A01 architects
- Project: Production facility and office building for Schiebel Elektronische Geräte GmbH
- Location: Wiener Neustadt, Austria
- Client: Schiebel Elektronische Geräte GmbH
- Project management: Leopold Skalsky
- Project management interior design: Mag. Irene Schiebel
- Design team project A01: Arch. D.I. Andreas Schmitzer, Arch. D.I. Maria Planegger, Arch. Sebastian Michalski, Mag. arch Günther Dreger
- Engineering: D.I. J. Gritsch
- Building services: FEMACON Bauconsult GmbH
Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017
Article source: Anacapa Architecture
We designed a dynamic, shared work environment located on Santa Barbara’s famous State Street, right in the heart of the entrepreneurial and non-profit community. We transformed a traditional, mission style building into an innovative, collaborative, impactful space for Santa Barbara’s insatiable start-up culture.
Image Courtesy © Anacapa Architecture
- Architects: Anacapa Architecture
- Project: Impact Hub
- Location: Santa Barbara, California, USA
- Software used: Autocad, Revit
Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017
Article source: QASTIC LAB
The idea of constructing a building within a building is explored by expanding the gap between corridors and offices. Similar to how the coastline connects land and sea, a gap between corridor and office is where Qastic’s design exploration emerged. By exploring and expanding this gap, the design and construction of bridges, double height voids, planters, and collaborative voids brought dynamic double height effect to Aparat’s space. As a result of the transparency created by the voids, conversations between employees on upper and lower floors happen at a greater efficiency during the work hours. The glass walls provide opportunities for all 75 work stations to take advantage of natural light and circulation across the entire 600 Sqm2 two story space.
Image Courtesy © Deed studio
- Architects: QASTIC LAB
- Project: APARAT Headquarters
- Location: Modarres Blvd, Tehran, Iran
- Photography: Deed studio
- Client: Aparat Video Sharing Services
- Design Team: Mahdi Alibakhshian, Reza Zia, Alireza Shakouri, Maryam Laleh, Amirali Alibakhshian, Connor Van Cleave, Ali Sasanian, Soroush Sasanian
- Project Local Design Coordinator & Contractor: Alireza Shakouri Moghadam
Sunday, July 30th, 2017
Article source: MIDE architetti
The intervention involves an existing productive building, located along a busy commercial route of Noventa Padovana, in the eastern rural area of Padua. The late 900’s architectural body in composed of a compact large vaulted volume, in which a third is occupied by a two-storey directional block and two thirds by a double high space hosting the workshop.
Image Courtesy © Alessandra Bello
- Architects: MIDE architetti
- Project: AGOSTINI SHOES manufacturing plant
- Location: Noventa Padova Via Noventana 206 35027 (PD), Italy
- Photography: Alessandra Bello
- Committee: AGOSTINI SHOES
- Construction Company: PAMPAGNIN Costruzioni S.r.l.
- Infixes: PALLADIO
- Paved area: AGGLOTECH
- Surface: 700 m2
- Job assignmen: 03/2015
- Start of construction work: 06/2015
- End of construction work: 05/2017
Sunday, July 23rd, 2017
Article source: Evolution Design AG
With the expansion of the Schaffhausen offices to create the main European hub for Unilever’s Supply Chain Company, Unilever asked Evolution Design to create their new 2‘300 m2 office with an identity that would clearly reflect and represent their core values and visions to employees, clients and visitors alike.
Image Courtesy © Peter Wurmli
- Architects: Evolution Design AG
- Project: UNILEVER – Agile Working Hub
- Location: Spitalstrasse 27 8200 Schaffhausen, Switzerland
- Photography: Peter Wurmli
- Floor Area: 2’350 m2
- Completion: June 2011
Sunday, July 23rd, 2017
Article source: JGMA
Design Studio JGMA Celebrates Pilsen’s Identity with the Creative Office Campus ‘Mural Park’
JGMA to rehab two vacant warehouse buildings in Chicago’s Pilsen community
Chicago, Illinois: Pilsen, in Chicago’s Lower West Side is well-known for its richness in culture and diversity as well as its abundant public art, particularly, lively murals. Chicago common brick façades have become canvases for local artists that frequently embody Mexican heritage and American dreams. To encourage the sustainable development of Pilsen by respecting the resident’s vision for their community, design studio JGMA, Condor Partners and Chicago Development Partners are collaborating with the National Museum of Mexican Art and community groups to create the innovative office campus ‘Mural Park’. Mural Park is designed to be an inclusive organic community accessible to existing local businesses, new economy users and more traditional flex-office users.
Image Courtesy © JGMA
- Architects: JGMA
- Project: Mural Park
- Location: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Friday, July 21st, 2017
Article source: Architects VDARQ
This project proposes the development of a Eurobuilding Hotel Complex, Convention Center, and Office Building.
The volumetry of the set is formed by 3 bodies, a square structure with a central atrium for the hotel. The central body corresponds to the convention center, whose deck is the recreational areas of the hotel, swimming pool and restaurant; And the third building is the tallest building, designed for offices spaces.
Image Courtesy © Architects VDARQ
- Architects: Vivian Dembo Arquitectura
- Project: Eurobuilding Hotel Complex, Convention Center, and Office Building
- Location: Maracay, Venezuela
- Design Team: Vivian Dembo Arquitectura
- Client: Grupo ALCO
- Design Director: Arq. Vivian Dembo
Thursday, July 20th, 2017
Article source: DCA Architects
The design brief called for a corporate office for this renowned Indian fashion brand in order to represent their contemporary design ideology and their core values while crafting a simplistic yet dynamic and flexible work environment.
The challenge was to create a cohesive space and maintain the conventional appeal as defined in the design brief. Inheriting a low building height, and a very odd floor plate that is apparent in the plans, the challenge was also to optimize the spatial arrangement. At DCA, we believe that every challenge has to be converted into an opportunity. Thus, the challenge of a very spread out floor plate has been converted into an opportunity by creating two separate entrances-one for the overall office and the other for the top management. The two wings house the main office and the top management separately, and hence enable ease of access from the two entrances. The intent is to maximize the daylight penetration as well, and hence most rooms barring a couple, get sufficient daylight.
Image Courtesy © DCA Architects
- Architects: DCA Architects
- Project: Jade Blue Office
- Location: Ahmedabad, India
Thursday, July 20th, 2017
Article source: Pichler & Traupmann Architekten
ÖAMTC – the support point
From the service workshops to the heliport all the elements of the programme are laid out along a single vertical axis, i.e. also from the counter to the reception and the event areas to the large atrium of the offices. Logistically compact contents with high degree of efficiency, which is essentially what support points are, are here transformed and applied to the building in a translated form.
Image Courtesy © Toni Rappersberger
- Architects: Pichler & Traupmann Architekten
- Project: ÖAMTC Headquarters
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Photography: Roland Halbe and Toni Rappersberger
- Client: OEAMTC Headquarters, Vienna 1
- Project team: Johanna Maria Priebe (project leader), Barbara Aull, Christoph Degendorfer, Andrea Ehrenreich, Mohammad Ekhlasi, Peter Grandits, Alexander Grass, Clemens Hasler, Barbara Jarmaczki, Joachim Kess, Bartosz Lewandowski, Till Martin, Daniel Moral Trigueros
- Structural design / project coordination: FCP – Fritsch, Chiari & Partner ZT GmbH, Vienna
- Structural fire protection: Norbert Rabl ZT GmbH, Graz
- Building services / electrical planning: DIE HAUSTECHNIKER Technisches Büro GmbH, Jennersdorf
- Building physics / facade: Dr. Pfeiler GmbH, Graz
Wednesday, July 19th, 2017
Article source: Aedas
Aedas-design Zhuhai Hengqin Headquarters Complex (Phase II) sits in a prime area on the Hengqin Island in Zhuhai, in close proximity to the Lotus Bridge that links to Cotai, Macau. Overlooking some of the largest casino resorts across the river, the development is set to be an integrated cultural tourism-oriented complex with two high-rise Grade-A office towers and a series of retail, banquet, entertainment and leisure venues.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Zhuhai Hengqin Headquarters Complex (Phase II)
- Location: Zhuhai, China
- Client: MCC International Investment Development Co., Ltd.
- Directors: Andy Wen and Keith Griffiths
- Gross Floor Area: 486,257 sq m
- Completion Year: 2019