Archive for the ‘Offices’ Category
Sunday, July 23rd, 2017
Article source: JGMA
Design Studio JGMA Celebrates Pilsen’s Identity with the Creative Office Campus ‘Mural Park’
JGMA to rehab two vacant warehouse buildings in Chicago’s Pilsen community
Chicago, Illinois: Pilsen, in Chicago’s Lower West Side is well-known for its richness in culture and diversity as well as its abundant public art, particularly, lively murals. Chicago common brick façades have become canvases for local artists that frequently embody Mexican heritage and American dreams. To encourage the sustainable development of Pilsen by respecting the resident’s vision for their community, design studio JGMA, Condor Partners and Chicago Development Partners are collaborating with the National Museum of Mexican Art and community groups to create the innovative office campus ‘Mural Park’. Mural Park is designed to be an inclusive organic community accessible to existing local businesses, new economy users and more traditional flex-office users.
Image Courtesy © JGMA
- Architects: JGMA
- Project: Mural Park
- Location: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Saturday, July 22nd, 2017
Article source: v2com
Calgary-based Lemay + Toker, the product of a recent merger between architecture and interior design firm Toker + Associates and Montreal-based integrated services leader Lemay, has worked with community stakeholders and two valued clients to reinvent the historic Hudson Block in downtown Calgary as an inviting, community-oriented space showcasing local artists and the latest in retail design.
ATB Financial, Image Courtesy © Robert Lemermeyer, Lemermeyer Photography Inc.
- Architects: Lemay + Toker
- Project: ATB Financial | Phil & Sebastian Coffee Roasters at Hudson Block
- Location: Calgary, Canada
- Photography: Andy Nichols and Robert Lemermeyer, Lemermeyer Photography Inc.
- Client: ATB Financial | Phil & Sebastian Coffee Roasters
- Real estate developer: Triovest Realty Advisors Inc.
- Project end date: 2016
Friday, July 21st, 2017
Article source: Architects VDARQ
This project proposes the development of a Eurobuilding Hotel Complex, Convention Center, and Office Building.
The volumetry of the set is formed by 3 bodies, a square structure with a central atrium for the hotel. The central body corresponds to the convention center, whose deck is the recreational areas of the hotel, swimming pool and restaurant; And the third building is the tallest building, designed for offices spaces.
Image Courtesy © Architects VDARQ
- Architects: Vivian Dembo Arquitectura
- Project: Eurobuilding Hotel Complex, Convention Center, and Office Building
- Location: Maracay, Venezuela
- Design Team: Vivian Dembo Arquitectura
- Client: Grupo ALCO
- Design Director: Arq. Vivian Dembo
Thursday, July 20th, 2017
Article source: DCA Architects
The design brief called for a corporate office for this renowned Indian fashion brand in order to represent their contemporary design ideology and their core values while crafting a simplistic yet dynamic and flexible work environment.
The challenge was to create a cohesive space and maintain the conventional appeal as defined in the design brief. Inheriting a low building height, and a very odd floor plate that is apparent in the plans, the challenge was also to optimize the spatial arrangement. At DCA, we believe that every challenge has to be converted into an opportunity. Thus, the challenge of a very spread out floor plate has been converted into an opportunity by creating two separate entrances-one for the overall office and the other for the top management. The two wings house the main office and the top management separately, and hence enable ease of access from the two entrances. The intent is to maximize the daylight penetration as well, and hence most rooms barring a couple, get sufficient daylight.
Image Courtesy © DCA Architects
- Architects: DCA Architects
- Project: Jade Blue Office
- Location: Ahmedabad, India
Thursday, July 20th, 2017
Article source: Pichler & Traupmann Architekten
ÖAMTC – the support point
From the service workshops to the heliport all the elements of the programme are laid out along a single vertical axis, i.e. also from the counter to the reception and the event areas to the large atrium of the offices. Logistically compact contents with high degree of efficiency, which is essentially what support points are, are here transformed and applied to the building in a translated form.
Image Courtesy © Toni Rappersberger
- Architects: Pichler & Traupmann Architekten
- Project: ÖAMTC Headquarters
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Photography: Roland Halbe and Toni Rappersberger
- Client: OEAMTC Headquarters, Vienna 1
- Project team: Johanna Maria Priebe (project leader), Barbara Aull, Christoph Degendorfer, Andrea Ehrenreich, Mohammad Ekhlasi, Peter Grandits, Alexander Grass, Clemens Hasler, Barbara Jarmaczki, Joachim Kess, Bartosz Lewandowski, Till Martin, Daniel Moral Trigueros
- Structural design / project coordination: FCP – Fritsch, Chiari & Partner ZT GmbH, Vienna
- Structural fire protection: Norbert Rabl ZT GmbH, Graz
- Building services / electrical planning: DIE HAUSTECHNIKER Technisches Büro GmbH, Jennersdorf
- Building physics / facade: Dr. Pfeiler GmbH, Graz
Wednesday, July 19th, 2017
Article source: Aedas
Aedas-design Zhuhai Hengqin Headquarters Complex (Phase II) sits in a prime area on the Hengqin Island in Zhuhai, in close proximity to the Lotus Bridge that links to Cotai, Macau. Overlooking some of the largest casino resorts across the river, the development is set to be an integrated cultural tourism-oriented complex with two high-rise Grade-A office towers and a series of retail, banquet, entertainment and leisure venues.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Zhuhai Hengqin Headquarters Complex (Phase II)
- Location: Zhuhai, China
- Client: MCC International Investment Development Co., Ltd.
- Directors: Andy Wen and Keith Griffiths
- Gross Floor Area: 486,257 sq m
- Completion Year: 2019
Tuesday, July 18th, 2017
Article source: Carpenter | Lowings Architecture & Design
Carpenter | Lowings Architecture & Design has finished the installation of its design for a 40-metrehigh integrated artwork across ten storeys of 8 Finsbury Circus, a new office development in the City of London which was formally opened this month.
A partial view of Folded Light from the seventh floor with sunlight reflected into the space, Image Courtesy © Timothy Soar
- Architects: Carpenter | Lowings Architecture & Design
- Project: Folded light
- Location: 8 Finsbury Circus, London, UK
- Photography: Timothy Soar
- Client: Stanhope (on behalf of Mitsubishi Estate, London)
- Building Architect: Wilkinson Eyre Architects
- Fabrication & Installation: Tuchschmid Constructa AG (with PAD Contracts Ltd)
- Project Management: Lendlease
- Completed: October 2016
Tuesday, July 18th, 2017
Article source: Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos
In response to the current demand for quality spaces in a context of continual urban growth, Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos designed the Artz Pedregal, a mixed-use complex that promises to be a new icon in the heart of southern Mexico City. This project is located within a fully urbanized landscape on a 50,000 m2 site that is adjacent to major roads.
Park and Gallery view, Image Courtesy © Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos, render by Lighthouse 3D
- Architects: Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos
- Project: ARTZ PEDREGAL
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Photography: Lighthouse 3D
- President: Javier Sordo Madaleno Bringas
- Architecture Leader: Javier Sordo Madaleno de Haro
- Project Leader: Andrés Cajiga
- Project Manager: Luis Hernández
- Design Team: Fernanda Roldán, Thelma Ruelas, Armando Ledesma, Marco Manríquez
Tuesday, July 18th, 2017
Article source: Foster + Partners
Foster + Partners has been appointed to design a new office tower as part of an urban precinct that is set to reinvigorate part of Sydney’s iconic Circular Quay. Located between George and Pitt streets – a stone’s throw away from the city’s famous harbour – the scheme is characterised by a network of pedestrian laneways that criss-cross the site at different levels. The laneways will be lined with shops, cafes and bars, celebrating Sydney as a unique destination.
Image Courtesy © Foster + Partners
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: Circular Quay Tower
- Location: Circular Quay, Sydney, Australia
Sunday, July 16th, 2017
Article source: laisné roussel
A CONTEMPORARY AND ACTIVE CAMPUS
The Nanterre Arboretum, built for BNP Paribas Real Estate and Woodeum, designed by the François Leclercq and laisné roussel architecture firms, provides a new way of working and conducting business. Firmly focused on environmental quality and integration of new ways of working, the Arboretum will be the largest project ever built from solid wood, worldwide. Construction for this project is set to start in 2018, with the objective of transforming an industrial wasteland into a 136,000 m² campus set in 9 hectares of parkland next to the Seine. The project as a whole is also the largest services sector project under development in Île-de-France.
Image Courtesy © laisné roussel
- Architects: laisné roussel
- Project: La Défense District
- Location: Nanterre, France
- Contractor: Woodeum, BNP Paribas Immobilier
- Project Manager: Paul Laigle, Vânia Leandro
- Project team: Leticia Martinez Velasco, Hugo Chevassus, Elisa Vernazza, Guillaume Baillard, Alejandro Sahuquillo, Cécile Villerio, Alexandre Lezé, Delphine Baldé, Jérôme Couatarmanach
- BET: Terrell (structure), Barbanel (Fluids)
- Landscaper: BASE
- Perspective: Virgin Lemon, Weiss images, Morph, Vincent Vacker
- Area: 136,000 m²
- Status: Building permit application sent