Archive for the ‘Offices’ Category
Saturday, January 17th, 2015
Article source: H&P Architects
Located at the heart of Ha Tinh city and on a street with many governmental offices, the Coordination Committee SRDP-IWMC Ha Tinh Office is the headquarter of the SRDP project (IFAD organization) and IWMC project (ODA funded by Belgian government). The total cost is limited and the existing office furniture should be reused as much as possible.
Image Courtesy © Nguyen Tien Thanh
- Architects: H&P Architects
- Project: SRDP-IWMC HA TINH OFFICE
- Location: No. 12 Vo Liem Son str., Ha Tinh city, Ha Tinh province, Vietnam
- Photography: Nguyen Tien Thanh
- Team: Nguyen Minh Duc, Nguyen Hai Hue, Ho Manh Cuong, Nguyen Van Thinh
- Architect In Charge: Doan Thanh Ha & Tran Ngoc Phuong.
- Constractor:HPA Vietnam.,jsc
- Area: 2.133 m2
- Construction area: 551,5m2
- Total floor area: 1307 m2
- Completion date:10/2014
- Cost: 500.000 USD.
Friday, January 16th, 2015
Article source: HAO / Holm Architecture Office
China has in recent years become the second largest producer and consumer of movies. With this as a starting point, the Bolong 3D Movie Museum and Mediatek is imagined as the cornerstone of a new media park in Tianjin.
The building design takes it inspiration from the clouds, emphasizing ideas of creativity and inspiration.
Image Courtesy © HAO / Holm Architecture Office
- Architects: HAO / Holm Architecture Office
- Project: Bolong Movie Museum
- Location: Tianjin, China
- Type: Invited Proposal.
- Size: 74,000 M2 / 80,000 SF.
- Client: Tianjin Urban Panning Bureau.
- Status: Invited Competition, Pending.
- Collaborators: AI.
Thursday, January 15th, 2015
Article source: Banker Wire Mesh
Aggressive revitalization and community development projects have transformed Greenville, S.C. into one of America’s best downtowns, according to Forbes Magazine. A shade structure in its new ONE City Plaza, composed of Banker Wire mesh, embodies the city’s identity and encourages passers-by to enjoy the public space.
Image Courtesy © Banker Wire Mesh
- Architects: 4240 Architects
- Project: ONE City Plaza, Greenville’s pedestrian-only city center
Thursday, January 15th, 2015
Article source: Patalab Architecture
The Gables is the reinterpretation of a former commercial compound comprising a mechanic’s office and garage, tucked away in a private courtyard behind a terrace of period properties in Primrose Hill, North London. Landlocked, the site presented an enormous challenge in the reuse of the original footprint, which has created a wonderful lateral two floor family home.
Main Entrance. Externally the buildings were re-faced with a bronze glazed brick, Image Courtesy © Lyndon Douglas
- Architects: Patalab Architecture
- Project: The Gables
- Location: North-West London, England
- Photography: Lyndon Douglas
- Project Dates: 2012 – 2014
- Structural Engineers: Richard Jackson Engineering Consultants
- Service Engineers: THD Consulting Engineers
- Lighting Designer: Illumination Works
- Main Contractor: EC1 Refurbishments LLP
- Selected Sub-contractors/ suppliers:
- Windows: Bronze Casements by Vale
- Concrete Flooring: Puur Floors Limited
- Sanitary ware: Duravit
- Tiling: Domus
- Sunken seating area: Bill Cleyndert & Company Ltd
- External bricks: Modular Clay products
- Ironmongery: Williams Ironmongery
Tuesday, January 13th, 2015
Article source: Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
The Broadgate Exchange House in London, celebrated for its simple yet ingenious structural system that unifies design and function in the mid-century Modernist tradition, was selected for the 2015 AIA Twenty-five Year Award. Designed by Skidmore, Owings, and Merrill (SOM) and completed in 1990, the Exchange House is a recognizable presence in central London. Its distinctive facades, defined by two parabolic arches against grids of windows, derive from SOM’s strategy to vault 10 stories of offices over the tracks that feed Liverpool Street Station. Far from droll, the grid and arch combine to improve extraordinary public spaces beyond. The arch on the Exchange House’s plaza size appears as an abstracted, amphitheater backdrop. The opposite arch, along narrow Primrose Street, soars upward and down again as you walk along, offering not just visual relief for office workers hustling to Old Spitalfields Market for a quick lunch. It encourages everyone to look up and see the building for what it is: a perfect marriage of form and function.
Image Courtesy © Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- Architects: Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- Project: Broadgate Exchange House
- Location: London, England
- Owner: Broadgate Estates/The British Land Company PLC
- Acoustics: Cerami & Associates
- Cost Estimating: Mott Green and Wall
- Engineer – MEP: Jaros, Baum & Bolles
- Fire and Life Safety: Firepro, Inc.; Ove Arup
- Landscape: Hanna Olin
- Lighting: Fisher Marantz
- Transportation: Halcrow Fox and Associates
- Window Washing: Lerch, Bates & Associates Inc.
Friday, January 9th, 2015
Article source: Zeller & Moye
‘Archivo’ is a new space for Mexico City offering an exciting mixture of manifold programs, that aims to further enrich the cultural and social life of the metropolis.
Located in the heart of Mexico City, the new cultural hub is comprised of spaces for temporary exhibitions and a permanent collection of design pieces as well as room for educational and communal activities, social events and commercial use. ‘Archivo’ will attract both locals and first-time visitors, and will thus bring new life and regenerative energy into an undiscovered part of central Mexico City.
Image Courtesy © Zeller & Moye
- Architects: Zeller & Moye
- Project: ARCHIVO tower project
- Location: Mexico City
- Team: Christoph Zeller, Ingrid Moye, Directors / Omar G. Muñoz, Marielle Rivero
- COLLABORATORS: FR-EE: Fernando Romero, Director
- STATUS: In development
- SIZE (m2 and ft2): 3,000 m2 / 32,300 ft2
- DATE: 2013 – 2016
- COST: USD$ 4,000,000
Thursday, January 8th, 2015
Article source: DIALOG
The Combined Office/Control Tower project was an integral part of the Edmonton International Airport’s expansion 2012 program, responding to increasing ridership and the pressure it had placed on the existing infrastructure and buildings. As Canada’s fastest growing major airport, the expansion ensures that the airport keeps pace with the Alberta Capital Region’s economic development.
Image Courtesy © Tom Arban
- Architects: DIALOG
- Project: Edmonton Airport Combined Offices and Control Tower
- Location: Alberta, Canada
- Photography: Tom Arban
- Software used: Rhino and Revit
- Principal-in-Charge: Tom Sutherland
- Project Architect: Stephen Boyd
- Project Engineer: Jim Montgomery, Tim McGinn, Ed Pon
- Client: Edmonton Airports
Tuesday, January 6th, 2015
Article source: MVSA Architects
Level is located adjacent to Leiden Central Station. Level is a building that houses a variety of organizations including the new ROC Leiden (regional training centre), a commercial hotel and a care hotel, and a fitness club and wellness centre with a swimming pool.
Image Courtesy © Michel Kievits
- Architects: MVSA Architects
- Project: Level
- Location: Bargelaan 180, Leiden, The Netherlands
- Photography: Ronald Tilleman, Michel Kievits
- Design: 2003 – 2007
- Clients: GREEN Real Estate, ROC (Regionaal Opleidingen Centrum) Leiden
- Lead architects: Roberto Meyer, Sylvia Wirtz
- Builder: Visser en Smit Bouw in cooperation with Boele & van Eesteren
- Engineering building physics, fire safety and acoustics: DGMR
- MEP engineering: Techniplan adviseurs
- Strukton Engineering: ABT, Aveco de Bondt
- Start: December 2009;
- Delivery carcass work: March 2013
- Delivery interior: July 2013
- Opening: September 2013
Friday, January 2nd, 2015
Article source: OGAWASEKKEI
This project is to create a gallery and office-living space for a landscape architect by renovating a rental property of two-story wooden building located at a short distance from central part of Gifu city by Nagara River. Since this is a rental property, the renovation is focused on finishing of wall, floor, and ceiling rather than changing plan or section plans to create a space. The first floor will be the gallery and the second floor will be the office-living space.
Image Courtesy © Masato Kawano (Nacasa&Partners)
- Architects: OGAWASEKKEI
- Project: Enzo. Gallery and Office
- Location: Gifu city , GIfu , Japan
- Photography: Masato Kawano (Nacasa&Partners)
- year: 2014
- Area: 66.9sqm
Tuesday, December 23rd, 2014
Article source: Haptic Architects
Arkwright is a European consultancy that specialize in strategic advice. A new office space has been created for 40-50 employees, including work spaces, reception and back office, kitchen canteen, meeting rooms, breakout space and a “James Bond” room. The office is located in the prime harbor front location of Aker Brygge in Oslo, Norway, in an old converted warehouse building with a large arched window as its centerpiece.
Image Courtesy © Haptic Architects
- Architects: Haptic Architects
- Project: Arkwright
- Location: Aker Brygge, Oslo, Norway
- Software used: Archicad and Rhino
- Client: Arkwright/NPRO
- Team: Nikki Butenschøn, Anthony Williams
- Typology: Office Fitout
- Year of Construction: 2013-2014