Archive for the ‘Offices’ Category
Tuesday, June 6th, 2017
Article source: Fran Silvestre Arquitectos
The project consists in the implementation of customer service offices. They are located in a commercial premise in the centre of the city with a complex geometry, full of turns and structural elements that interfere in the understanding of the space.
Image Courtesy © Fran Silvestre Arquitectos
- Architects: Fran Silvestre Arquitectos
- Project: ARV Offices
- Location: Antiguo Reino, Valencia, Spain
- Interior Design: Alfaro Hofmann
- Principal in Charge: Fran Silvestre, Fran Ayala and Vicente Picó
- Collaborating Architects: Maria Masià, Estefanía Soriano, Pablo Camarasa, Sandra Insa, Santiago Dueña, David Sastre, Ricardo Candela, Sevak Asatrián, Álvaro Olivares, Esther Sanchís, Eduardo Sancho, Rubén March, José Manuel Arnao, Gemma Aparici, Giuseppe Felici
- Project Managment: Carlos García, Ángel Fito
- Built Area: 625.86 m2
Sunday, June 4th, 2017
Article source: DL atelier
UP Co-working Space, a previous Tofu factory, is located in the heart of Midtown Beijing, concluding a 500 sqm indoor space and a wide outdoor rooftop. The owner wish to reconstruct it into an incubator, which services for entrepreneurs, freelancers, startups and small businesses.
Image Courtesy © DL atelier
- Architects: DL atelier
- Project: UP Co-working Factory
- Location: China
Sunday, June 4th, 2017
Article source: Veech X Veech
Vienna-based Veech X Veech expands Al Jazeera’s headquarters in Doha, Qatar, by creating a landmark building and two broadcast media environments.
Veech X Veech has recently been honored with this year’s Set of the Year Award at the NAB in Las Vegas, conferred by NewcastStudio, the most important trade platform for the broadcasting industry.
Image Courtesy © Hufton + Crow
- Architects: Veech X Veech
- Project: Al Jazeera Network Studio Building
- Location: Doha, Qatar
- Photography: Hufton + Crow
- Client: Al Jazeera Media Network
- Design Team: Stuart A. Veech, Mascha Veech-Kosmatschof, Thomas Milly, Bernhard Trummer, Miguel Pereira, Mihai Potra
- Building Size: 1650sqm
- Studio Size: 400sqm
Friday, June 2nd, 2017
Article source: Studioninedots
Boursorama Banque has moved into its new Parisian head office in Boulogne-Billancourt designed by Studioninedots. In collaboration with Ateliers 115, Studioninedots created a robust and clear building distinguished by its subtle recesses and terraces but foremost by the striking facade that interplays rhythms of bronze-coloured blades.
Image Courtesy © Peter Cuypers
- Architects: Studioninedots
- Project: Lot YA
- Location: Rue Traversière 44, Boulogne-Billancourt, Paris, France
- Photography: Peter Cuypers
- Client: Kaufman & Broad
- Design team: Albert Herder, Vincent van der Klei, Arie van der Neut, Metin van Zijl
- Project team: Wouter Hermanns, Daniel Aw, Freddy Koelemeijer, Eliano Dias Felicio, Pedro Piernas
- Engineering and project manager: Jean-Marc Saurer
Friday, June 2nd, 2017
Article source: ORANGE architects bv
KCAP Architects&Planners and ORANGE Architects win the first prize in the urban and architectural competition for the most western tip of Vasilievsky Island in St. Petersburg. With its important role in the historical outreach of St. Petersburg towards the West, Vasiliesvky Island will become the most prominent manifestation of the city of St. Petersburg on the Gulf of Finland. With the urban plan, the 15 ha site will become a new part of the city with a diverse mix of urban functions facilitating and interconnecting the surrounding areas. It will become a new face of St. Petersburg as entrance of the city from the water.
Image Courtesy © ORANGE architects bv and KCAP
Friday, June 2nd, 2017
Article source: Olson Kundig
Located on the eighth floor of the Pacific Building, Digital Kitchen’s new headquarters features an outdoor terrace, open seating and reallocated space for private meetings. Anchoring the room is a wood clad box that houses private video editorial suites. Three open banks of seating move away from the office’s former compartmentalized working arrangement. A major focus of the new design was relocating the digital company’s servers. By moving the server room away from the exterior wall, natural light was drawn into the space and allowed for expanded server space.
Image Courtesy © Olson Kundig
- Architects: Olson Kundig
- Project: Digital Kitchen Headquarters
- Location: Seattle, Washington, USA
Thursday, June 1st, 2017
Article source: De Gouden Liniaal Architecten
Negenoord is a former gravel extraction area (about 150ha), which is now transformed to a nature reserve called Maasvalley Riverpark, 2500 hectares in size and located on both sides of the Belgium-Netherlands border which is formed by the Maas river. The redevelopment also gives more space for the river creating a flooding area.
Image Courtesy © Filip Dujardin
- Architects: De Gouden Liniaal Architecten
- Project: Observation Tower
- Location: Negenoord, Belgium
- Photography: Filip Dujardin
- Software used: SketchUp, Autocad
Wednesday, May 31st, 2017
Article source: Campos Costa Arquitetos
Located in the municipality of Castro Verde in Alentejo, IN CASTRO – IDEIAS AND BUSINESS CENTER has been a great propellant for local entrepreneurs’ success since its inauguration in 2015. The site is positioned within two fronts, Rua Manuel Assunção Mestre and Rua da Olivença, at the extremity of a block which once represented an agricultural warehouses’ neighbourhood.
This intervention is based on two aspects: on the one hand, the rehabilitation of the existing warehouse and, on the other hand, a new complementary extension building.
Image Courtesy © Gonçalo Pacheco
- Architects: Campos Costa Arquitetos
- Project: In Castro – Ideias and Business Centre
- Location: Castro Verde, Portugal
- Photography: Gonçalo Pacheco and Walter Vinagre
- Team: Pedro Campos Costa, Stefanno Tornieri, Nuno Pereira, Duarte Santo, Daniela Figueiredo
- Client: Castro Verde Municipality
Sunday, May 28th, 2017
Article source: Goettsch Partners, Inc.
Chicago-based developer Riverside Investment & Development celebrated the debut of the 150 North Riverside office tower, which opened for business in February, with an official ribbon-cutting ceremony today. Comprising 1.25 million rentable square feet, the building is located in Chicago’s West Loop on one of the most prominent sites in the city, bounded by Randolph and Lake streets at the confluence of the north, south and main branches of the Chicago River. Designed by architecture firm Goettsch Partners (GP), the tower features a very narrow structure at its base in order to fit between seven active Amtrak rail lines to the west and the river to the east. The building’s compact footprint opens up to highly efficient, column-free office floors above and allows for the majority of the two-acre site (more than 75%) to be developed as a landscaped public park, riverside amphitheater and riverwalk.
Image Courtesy © Nick Ulivieri
- Architects: Goettsch Partners, Inc.
- Project: 150 North Riverside Office Tower
- Location: Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Photography: Nick Ulivieri
Thursday, May 25th, 2017
Article source: STEINMETZDEMEYER architects and urban planners
Next to the elementary school in the Pfaffenthal neighborhood, rue Vauban, the “Centre du Mouvement Écologique” (Ecological Center), known as the “MECO”, was in dilapidated structures, worth of no interest, neither as built heritage, nor as architectural component of urban fabric.
That old structure, having serious problems with stability, moisture and useful surface capacity, has been replaced by a new construction, exemplary for its answers to concerns and questions raised by sustainable development.
Image Courtesy © Catherine Thiry
- Architects: STEINMETZDEMEYER architects and urban planners
- Project: Administrative building for OEKO-Center
- Location: Pfaffenthal, Luxembourg
- Photography: Catherine Thiry
- Software used: Autocad
- Client: CITY OF LUXEMBOURG
- Civil engineer: T6-Ney & Partners s.à.r.l.
- Technical engineer: Jean Schmit Engineering s.à.r.l.
- Landscape architect: Areal Landscape architects
- Coordinator-pilot: HBH S.A.
- Coordination security-health: Fernand Greisen