Archive for the ‘Offices’ Category
Saturday, January 18th, 2014
Article source: Krill Architecture & Christian Müller Architects
Het Buro/De Bovenkamer is a project specially developed and designed for young people. In the Bovenkamer 24 studio’s are realised, twelve of which for former drop-outs, getting a few hours of professional guidance a week, while the other studio’s are for young professionals, acting as role models. With 475m2 office space the Buro offers the possibility for easy start-up of small enterprises. The glazed corner will serve as a coffee corner, a meeting place for the youth, entrepreneurs from the Buro and people from the neighbourhood.
Image Courtesy © Jeroen Musch
- Architects: Krill Architecture & Christian Müller Architects
- Project: Het Buro-De Bovenkamer
- Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Photography: Jeroen Musch
- Software used: Vector Works, Open Office Excell and Creative Suite.
- Contributors: Arnold de Bruin, Barbara Costatino, Raimonda Cibayte, PaulPeter Kuper, Magdalena Merchan, Jiri Serek, Elena Vicente
- Programmatic concept: Het Observatorium, Greetje Hoitink en/and Krill architecture, met/with Hans Venhuizen, Michaela Stegerwald Architectuur, John van de Wetering Advies,
- Design – Completion: 2010 – 2012
- Client: Woonbron Ontwikkelbedrijf Rotterdam, Woonbron Delfshaven, Rotterdam
- Directievoering: Joop van Eisden, Woonbron Ontwikkelbedrijf ism Harmen van de Wal en Christian Müller
- Contractor: Van Wijnen, Stolwijk
- Structural engineer: Adviesbureau Van Dijke BV, Alphen aan de Rijn
- Installation engineer: Boonstoppel Engineering bv., Alblasserdam
- Landscape architect: OR Else, Mark van der Bij, Amsterdam
- Building costs: € 1.280.000 (inc. installations/building services)
- Building costs per m2: € 924,00 (inc. installations/building services)
- Gross floor area: 1385 m2
- Lettable floor area: 1050 m2
Friday, January 3rd, 2014
Article source: Ehrlich Architects
This new city-owned, LEED Gold certified office building, is located at the intersection of the city’s industrial area and a burgeoning media office district. The four-story structure measures approximately 232’ x 95’, and consists of 73,000 gross square feet of program. The building will serve the City of Beverly Hills as well as the public and includes the City’s cable TV facilities and open office and retail space for lease.
The project is located within biking distance of two residential areas, Image Courtesy © RMA Photography
- Architects: Ehrlich Architects
- Project: 331 Foothill Road Office & Retail
- Location: Beverly Hills, California
- Photography: RMA Photography
- Software used: 2009 Revit and 2009 AutoCad.
Sunday, December 22nd, 2013
Article source: OMA
De Rotterdam is conceived as a vertical city: three interconnected mixed-use towers accommodating offices, apartments, a hotel, conference facilities, shops, restaurants, and cafes. The project began in 1997. Construction started at the end of 2009, with completion in 2013.
Image Courtesy © Michel van de Kar
- Architects: OMA
- Project: A mixed-use vertical city
- Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Photography: Michel van de Kar, Charlie Koolhaas, Ossip van Duivenbode, Philippe Ruault, OMA
- Status: Commission 1997, groundbreaking December 2009, completion November 2013
- Clients: De Rotterdam CV, The Hague (Joint venture MAB, The Hague, OVG, Rotterdam)
- Site: Former harbor waterfront between KPN tower and Cruise Terminal at Kop van Zuid
- Program: Total 162,000m2: offices 72,000m2; 240 apartments 34,5000m2; hotel (278 rooms), congress, restaurant 19,000m2; retail, F&B 1,000m2; leisure 4,500m2; parking (approx. 650 vehicles) 31,000m2
- Partners in charge: Rem Koolhaas, Reinier de Graaf, Ellen van Loon
- Associate in charge: Kees van Casteren Team 1997–2001 (50% SD): Christina Beaumont, Stefan Bendiks, Frans Blok, Robert Cheoff, Bert Karel Deuten, Sharon Goren, Juan Guardetti, Jens Holm, Alex de Jong, Adam Kurdahl, Carolien Ligtenberg, Anna Little, Nuno Rosado, Saskia Simon, Johan de Wachter, Barbara Wolff.
- Team 2007–08 (50% SD – building permit): Chantal Aquilina, Eva Dietrich, Anita Ernödi, Markus Frank, Jonah Gamblin, Clarisa Garcia-Fresco, Alex de Jong, Michel van de Kar, Christoph Michael, Elida Mosquera, Mauro Parravicini, Ippolito Pestellini Laparelli, Raphael Pulido, Louise Sullivan, Olaf Turck, Manuel Villanueva, with: Chun Chiu, Duncan Flemington, Evangelos Kotsioris, Sören Martinussen, Nobuki Ogasahara, Theo Petrides, Benoit Schelstraete, Ian Schopa, Kyo Stockhaus, Joao Viera Costa, Luca Vigliero, Jussi Vuori, Jean-Paul Willemse.
- Team 2009–13 (construction phase, interiors): Michel van de Kar (associate), Marlies Boterman, Christoph Michael, with: Katrien van Dijk, Nathalie Gozdziak, Sai Shu, Saskia Simon, Tomas Dirrix, Erik de Haan, Jue Qiu, Pal Trodahl.
- Interiors hotel (2013): Saskia Simon, Marina Cogliani, Clive Hennessey, Yasuhito Hirose, Arminas Sadzevicius.
Thursday, December 19th, 2013
Article source: Rossetti Architects
Clear, effervescent + in-line with a risk-taking, entrepreneurial spirit was the client vision that inspired this eye-popping, yet sophisticated environment for the Rock Companies Executive Suite. ROSSETTI translated the “live, work, play” lifestyle into offices that are executive, yet don’t take themselves too seriously. This office interior ignited a downtown city’s resurgence, bringing life and energy into the once tired and gray city. The vibrant offices mimic the owner’s vision for the city; high-energy and elegant. Dominate design inspirations include spaces that are clear, effervescent, and executed in eye-popping color and playful design elements.
Exterior of Detroit’s Compuware Building located in Downtown Detroit, Michigan. ROSSETTI was part of the original architecture team that designed the building in 2000 (completed 2003), Image Courtesy © Rossetti Architects
- Architects: Rossetti Architects
- Project: HIGHRISE OFFICE BUILDING
- Software used: Illustrator, AutoCad and Revit
Sunday, December 15th, 2013
Article source: AIM Architecture
An all glass and mirror inner cladding exposes the infrastructure of SOHO’s new office building in Shanghai. The glass creates manifold reflections of the sales models and meeting rooms, while leaving the original height and structure in view. This creates a ‘double reality’ that merges with the stunning views of downtown Shanghai.
Image Courtesy © Jerry Yin
- Architects: AIM Architecture
- Project: Glass office SOHO
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Photography: Jerry Yin
- Date of realization: September 2013.
- Design team: Wendy Saunders, Vincent de Graaf, German Roig, Carter Chen and Jiao Yan.
- Client: SOHO China
- The project is designed and produced in Shanghai, where AIM Architecture operates since: 2005.
- Software used: AUTOCAD and 3DMAX
Friday, December 13th, 2013
Article source: Diederendirrix Architects
In a central location in Eindhoven, diederendirrix realised a striking office block in an existing but otherwise unremarkable industrial terrain. The massive block, Le Havre, stands rock-solid and independent in its setting. The concept for the building is clear and simple.The office units are placed around a central hall so that the opportunity of meeting co-workers is maximized. At ground level the building is enclosed by a patio which creates a direct and optimal relationship between the interior and the exterior.
Image Courtesy © Diederendirrix Architects
Tuesday, December 10th, 2013
Article source: MARIO GOMEZ arquitectos
Proficol is a leader in the development and advocacy for crop protection, an essential part of the food chain. Their efforts relate and promote public health, sustainable forestry and other responsible industries. The 1,200 square foot offices have an open, industrial feel with minimal partitions, transparent meeting rooms, and exposed structural and mechanical elements.
Image Courtesy © MARIO GOMEZ arquitectos
- Architects: MARIO GOMEZ arquitectos
- Project: PROFICOL OFFICE
- Location: MIRAFLORES, LIMA, PERU
- Software used: AutoCAD and ArchiCAD.
Tuesday, December 10th, 2013
Article source: Foster + Partners
Bund Finance Centre (BFC) is a prominent new mixed-use destination in Shanghai designed jointly by Foster + Partners and Heatherwick Studio. The 420,000-square-metre development of eight buildings includes two 180-metre landmark towers, and combines premium ‘grade A’ offices with a boutique hotel, an arts and cultural centre and a wide variety of luxury retail spaces, all arranged around a generous landscaped public plaza.
Image Courtesy © Foster + Partners
Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013
Article source: EDGE
The Mako Group (named after the Mako shark) is a forward-thinking and highly-independent global financial group, made up of five individual businesses, each of which specialises in a different aspect of sales, trading and investment management activities. EDGE was commissioned to create a new working environment for the Group that would express the company’s particular ethos, approach, values and aspirations; future-proof it in terms of additional growth; instil employee pride and provide a sense of unity for its ‘family of personalities’.
Image Courtesy © Gareth Gardner
- Architects: EDGE
- Project: New Offices for Mako Group
- Location: London, England
- Photography: Gareth Gardner
- Cost Consultant: Bigham Anderson Partnership
- Project Manager: Jones Lang LaSalle
- Services Engineer: ChapmanBDSP
- CDM Consultant: Appleyards
- Main Contractor: Collins Construction
Tuesday, December 3rd, 2013
Article source: ISRAEL ALBA
A newly-created industrial zone in a peripheral area with no identity, references or language; major road links which cross, divide and model the contemporary landscape; a narrow, long plot between partition walls. Only the distant views on this landscape offer any interesting prospect of a relationship with the outside.
Image Courtesy © Eduardo Sánchez
- Architects: ISRAEL ALBA
- Project: OFFICES AND INDUSTRIAL WAREHOUSE
- Location: MADRID, Spain
- Photography: Eduardo Sánchez
- Project team: Jorge Valseca, Juan García (student of architecture)
- Area: 1.714 m²
- Client: VALORIZA, S.A.
- Construction engineer: José María Hernández
- Engineering consulting: Oscar García
- Builidng services consulting: JG Ingenieros (Emilio González)
- Construction company: VALORIZA, S.A.
- Software Used: AutoCAD