Archive for the ‘Offices’ Category
Wednesday, February 1st, 2017
Article source: Salmela Architect
Fast Horse is an award-winning, fast-growing, brand agency in Minneapolis with a unique work environment. As explained in the business case, employees have no assigned desk. “Ponies”, as Fast Horse worker are know, are encouraged not to occupy the same seat two days in a row and are encouraged to extend their “work space” beyond the office to the coffee shop, bar, or home as they choose suitable environment for the work that they are trying to accomplish on that particular day.
south facing façade, Image Courtesy © Salmela Architect
- Architects: Salmela Architect (David Salmela)
- Project: Fast Horse
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Tuesday, January 31st, 2017
Article source: INHOUSE BRAND ARCHITECTS
For a taste of New York in the Mother City, look no further than the fresh, sophisticated new offices of Urban Lime! Inhouse Brand Architects has unveiled a stylish redesign for the Cape Town branch of this international property management company. The commission was the second from Urban Lime; Inhouse previously refurbished the upper floors and common areas throughout the same building and due to the success of this initial project, was the inevitable choice to fulfil the client’s latest aspirations for the first and second floors.
Image Courtesy © INHOUSE BRAND ARCHITECTS
- Architects: INHOUSE BRAND ARCHITECTS
- Project: Urban Lime Offices
- Location: Cape Town, South Africa
- Software used: Autocad, SketchUp, Photoshop
Tuesday, January 31st, 2017
Article source: Aedas
Designed by Aedas, Gmond International Building is a representative regeneration project in the old town in Shenzhen. The project will house the headquarters for Tellus-Gmond, Grade 5A lettable office spaces and a jewellery trading centre. The well-facilitated transport hub nearby brings enormous circulation to the complex and generates excellent development potentials.
Image Courtesy © Aedas
- Architects: Aedas
- Project: Gmond International Building
- Location: Shenzhen, China
- Client: Shenzhen Gmond Investment Holdings
- Director: Andy Wen
- Gross floor area: 59,958 square metres
- Completion year: 2019
Saturday, January 28th, 2017
Article source: Foster + Partners
The construction of a new flagship development, Varso by international real estate developer HB Reavis, comprising three buildings including an office tower designed by Foster + Partners, has commenced with completion scheduled for 2020. It presents a unique new hotspot for businesses, residents and tourists in the heart of Warsaw city centre.
Varso Tower, at 53 stories (310 metres) will be the tallest building in Poland offering generous, flexible modern office spaces. It will also feature an observation deck, which at 230 metres will make it one of the highest in Europe. From here building users, locals and tourists alike will be able to enjoy unique and spectacular views of Warsaw’s skyline and the metropolitan area. There will be also be a restaurant on levels 46 and 47 for visitors. A wide range of facilities and services including shops, restaurants and cafés will occupy the buildings’ ground levels. In addition, vibrant covered internal streets will be open to all throughout the year.
Image Courtesy © Foster + Partners
Saturday, January 28th, 2017
Article source: FGMF
Called for a bid of an architecture project for two floors of BPGM Law Office, we came across with a clear division: One floor – larger, operational –, and another – slightly smaller, for meeting rooms and administrative area.
Once defined the clear division between the functional and social floors, the need to represent the view of BPGM Office to the clients and lawyers fell back on the first one.
Image Courtesy © FGMF
- Architects: FGMF
- Project: BPGM Law Office
- Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Friday, January 27th, 2017
Article source: MANDAWORKS
The team of MANDAWORKS and SCHAUMAN & NORDGREN ARCHITECTS are now officially announced winners of the open international competition organized by the city of Tampere for the Hiedanranta city district in Tampere, Finland. The Jury awarded the proposal, ’Hiedanranta Innovation Bay’ with a shared first prize.
The Innovation Spine and its public life. Mandaworks and Schauman & Nordgren Architects, Image Courtesy © Mandaworks + Schauman & Nordgren Architects
- Architects: Mandaworks + Schauman & Nordgren Architects
- Project: Hiedanranta Innovation bay
- Location: Tampere, Finland
- Client: City of Tampere
- Collaborators: Traffic consultant Jouni Lehtomaa
- Assignment: Urban Design and City Planning
- Size: 1.500.000 m2 bilt area, 246 Hectares land-area
Wednesday, January 25th, 2017
Article source: TPG Architecture
After a successful teaming for the design of their Boston headquarters, MullenLowe engaged TPG Architecture to design its new office in Winston-Salem, NC: a 37,500 square foot space in the city’s newly developed Wake Forest Innovation Quarter. The office design was an opportunity to create a strong communications touchpoint expressing MullenLowe’s identity as a “challenger” in the advertising industry, a scrappy do-everything ad firm with a global reach.
Finishes and furniture were inspired by the raw space; the free form boxes are clad in plywood and dark-gray painted sheetrock, while the chair colors were sampled from the peeling paint on the concrete walls, Image Courtesy © Eric Laignel
- Architects: TPG Architecture
- Project: MullenLowe
- Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Photography: Eric Laignel
Tuesday, January 24th, 2017
Article source: PLH Arkitekter
The Most Eco-Friendly Building in Vilnius to improve Quality of Life
The K29 business center is a major, new landmark in Vilnius that was to improve quality of life for 1250 workers in a healthy working environment – setting the standards for a healthy and attractive workplace in Lithuania. K29 is built from all natural and mostly local, eco-friendly materials making it the most eco-friendly building in Lithuania to date. The building is situated on Konstitucijos Prospektas (Constitution Avenue) and has created a new destination in Vilnius with a strong iconic expression in the skyline.
Image Courtesy © PLH Arkitekter
- Architects: PLH Arkitekter
- Project: K29
- Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
- Client/Owner: Domas Kacinskas
- Area: 7250 sqm
- Gross Floor Area: 15.627 sqm (above ground) + 12.036 sqm (underground car and secure bicycle parking) + 35 meter + 8 floors
Tuesday, January 24th, 2017
Article source: v2com
Fraser Brown MacKenna Architects are delighted to have been recognized by the Leading European Architecture Forum (LEAF) for their development at Pembury Circus, which has been awarded the title “Best Mixed Use Development” at the LEAF Awards 2016, alongside other high profile finalists.
FBM Architects – Pembury Circus, Hackney, London, Image Courtesy © Tim Crocker
- Architects: Fraser Brown MacKenna Architects
- Project: Pembury Circus
- Location: Hackney, London, UK
- Photography: Tim Crocker
- Software used: Autocad, SketchUp, plus Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
Sunday, January 22nd, 2017
Article source: RUR Architecture, DPC
O-14, a 22-story tall commercial tower perched on a two-story podium, officially opened in 2011, and comprises over 300,000 square feet of office space for the Dubai Business Bay. O-14 is located along the extension of Dubai Creek, occupying a prominent location on the waterfront esplanade. With O-14, the office tower typology has been turned inside out – structure and skin have flipped to offer a new economy of tectonics and of space.
Image Courtesy © Imre Solt
- Architects: RUR Architecture, DPC
- Project: O-14 Tower
- Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Photography: Imre Solt and Nelson Garrido
- Client: Creekside Development Corporation, Dubai, UAE
- General Contractor: Dubai Contracting Company (DCC), Dubai, UAE
- Principals: Jesse Reiser + Nanako Umemoto
- Design Team: Mitsuhisa Matsunaga, Michael Overby, Jason Scroggin, Cooper Mack, Kutan Ayata, Roland Snooks
- Structural Engineer: Ysrael A. Seinuk , PC, New York, NY
- Architect of Record: Erga Progress, Dubai, UAE
- Window Wall Consultant: R.A.Heintges & Associates, New York, NY
- Lighting Concept Design: L’Observatoire International, New York, NY
- Structure: Perforated Concrete Exoskeleton
- Site Area: 34,392 sqf (3,195 sqm)
- Building Area (w/ basement parking): 300,000 sqf (27,870 sqm)