Archive for the ‘Offices’ Category
Tuesday, April 29th, 2014
Article source: Tushar Desai Associates
The office measures 10,450 Sq.Ft. on the third floor of a six-storey commercial building located in a special economic zone in Mumbai.
CLIENT BRIEF :
- To design five identical floors as a workplace of a six-storey building, with reception on the ground floor and cafeteria in the basement.
- Each of the 5 work floors had to have different character with a theme concept.
- The 3rd floor was taken up first as a lounge office giving us the freedom to develop new innovative design theme for a particular age group of 20-35.
Image Courtesy © Tushar Desai Associates
Thursday, April 24th, 2014
Article source: gmp · Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
The architects von Gerkan, Marg and Partners (gmp) have been successful in winning the competition for three office towers near the southern railway station in Shanghai, and have been commissioned with the design of the project. Vanke Co., Ltd. is one of the largest real estate companies for housing in China and wants to extend its range of activities into the office building sector; for this purpose, the company has selected a site in a desirable up-and-coming business area.
Perspective parkside ©gmp
- Architects: gmp · Architekten von Gerkan, Marg und Partner
- Project: Three office buildings
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Photography: gmp
- Competition: 2014 – 1st prize
- Design: Meinhard von Gerkan with Nikolaus Goetze
- Project management: Wei Wu, Evelyn Pasdzierny, Hinrich Müller
- Team members: Alexander Montero, Jin Zhan, Tanja Gutena, Gudmundur Jonsson, Julia Franzke
- Partner office: Tongji Architecture Design (Group) Co. Ltd
- Client: Vanke Co., Ltd.
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014
Article source: Geodesic Design Co.,Ltd.
Located more than 20 years in Bangkok metropolis, Thailand, Geodesic Design Co.,Ltd. had been looking for a place to be home, where architectural design studio co-exist with green lawn, ray of sunshine and may be, shade of a tree. We found the place 18 kilometers toward north of the heart of Bangkok, in Pakkred, Nonthaburi.
Image Courtesy © Geodesic Design Co.,Ltd. / Pirak Anurakyawachon
- Architects: Geodesic Design Co.,Ltd. (Somboon Sudmaksri, Karp Boonthavi)
- Project: PAKKRED OFFICE
- Location: Nonthaburi, THAILAND
- Photography: Geodesic Design Co.,Ltd. / Pirak Anurakyawachon
- Engineer: Apichart Yutanon, Montri Chindasrisupak, Poj Lekachaiworakul
- Area: 220 sq.m.
- Construction: Technic Steel skeleton, steel deck flooring, modular system and low energy consumption building equipments
- Building Materials: Steel post and beam, steel deck flooring, lightweight brick, concrete covered wire mesh panel with foam core, Low Emissivity Glass, Thermal foam over roof deck
Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014
Article source: TTArchitects
Kawanishi Fam is situated in an industrial estate in close proximity to Kurashiki station. It was originally a warehouse used for roasting coffee, but we renovated it to create an open office space. We used the top floor of the four story warehouse due to the lasting impression of the characteristically shaped ceiling, which takes the same form as the original sloped roofing of the warehouse. This ceiling was the primary motivation for us in deciding to undertake the renovation in its current location.
Image Courtesy © Kei Sugino
- Architects: TTArchitects
- Project: Kawanishi Fam
- Location: Kurashiki, Okayama, Japan
- Photography: Kei Sugino
- Clients: Shintaro Ono / Kurashiki Estate
- General constructors: Kotaro Meguro / Meguro Construction
- Site area: 160.42 sq m
- Building area: 104.41 sq m
- Total floor area: 439.445 sq m
- Structure: steel: 4story
- Principal use: collaborative working space
- Construction period: May,2012
Friday, April 18th, 2014
Article source: SPACE
Juan Carlos Baumgartner was born in Mexico City, in 1972. He attended the School of Architecture at the National Autonomous University of Mexico for his bachelor’s degree. With his thesis, Day Care Center for Alzheimer’s patients, he was the first pupil to graduate with his proposed thesis built and culminated in the regular period of time.
Image Courtesy © Eric Velazquez
- Architects: SPACE (Juan Carlos Baumgartner, Jimena Fernández Navarra )
- Project: Google
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Photography: Eric Velazquez
- DESIGN TEAM: Ramiro Pulido, Ricardo Hernández
- LIGHTING: LUA
- DATE OF COMPLETION: April 2013
- Area ( m²): 650
- Completion year: 2013
Friday, April 18th, 2014
Article source: Carola Vannini Architecture
A Roman ancient market’s storage place has been transformed into a modern work space.
The project’s purpose is to create a strong contrast between the ancient existing structure and the new interior architecture.
The difference between the two functions (storage space during the past centuries and creative space today) has suggested two parallel design approaches: on one hand the intention of preserving the original building’s characteristics and, on the other hand, the need of inserting new and recognizable elements.
Image Courtesy © Carola Vannini Architecture
- Architects: Carola Vannini Architecture
- Project: Office Loft
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Client: private
- Date: 2006
- Surface: 90sm
- Price: 110.000 euros
Wednesday, April 16th, 2014
Article source: dep studio
The project consists of the construction of office space for a young company that operates in the field of renewable energy. The offices are located on the mezzanine level of an industrial warehouse, obtained through the realization of a loft with metal structure. The project seeks to facilitate collaboration between different professionals working in company without compromising privacy and the small moments of leisure.
Image Courtesy © dep studio
Wednesday, April 16th, 2014
Article source: PRACOWNIA ARCHITEKTONICZNA INSOMIA
The main reason for the extraordinary shape of the building was a narrow and triangular plot. Such a dynamic shape ought to be, in our opinion emphasized by a matching dynamic form. The plot is a wedge between two busy streets: Piątkowska st. & Aleje Solidarności st. and a tramway line. Paradoxically, vast number of limitations and prescriptions made the design process much easier. The parallels about the building looking like a vessel are funny on one hand, but quite accurate on the other. The form had to be “sharpen” giving the outcome of marine analogies. JET OFFICE is a shape and form, not a decoration.
Image Courtesy © fotoarchitektura.pl- ANNA GREGORCZYK
- Architects: PRACOWNIA ARCHITEKTONICZNA INSOMIA
- Project: JET OFFICE
- Location: Poznań, Poland
- Photography: AGNIESZKA LIGUZ, fotoarchitektura.pl- ANNA GREGORCZYK
- Investor: MASTERM
- Year: 2012
- Area: 2450m2
- Designers team: Szymon Januszewski, Agnieszka Liguz, Julek Dudniczek, Marta Gasiorek, Marcin Calka.
Tuesday, April 15th, 2014
Article source: Collectief Noord Architecten
Three pavillions and a house give shape to an urban garden in the city centre. Each pavillion is similar to the other, but differ like brothers do. Concrete garden blocks in the facade sustain the expression of a garden folly and remind us of the attempts of Wright and Sullivan to democratize ornament. On top of each pavillion there is a roof pavillion: a garden in a garden in the city.
Image Courtesy © Filip Dujardin
- Architects: Collectief Noord Architecten
- Project: Mixed Use Infill 3 Houses and an Office
- Location: Antwerp, Belgium
- Photography: Filip Dujardin, Liesbet Goetschalckx, Collectief Noord Architecten
- Completion: august 2011
- Design team: Erik Wieërs, Dirk Somers, Sarah Poot, Peter Wils, Christopher Paesbrugghe, Elke Hoendervangers
- Project cost: 1.200.000 excl. VAT
- Structural Engineering: Util Struktuurstudies
- Landscape: Land Landschapsarchitecten
Tuesday, April 15th, 2014
Article source: heneghan peng architects
- Meeting rooms inspired by Airbnb listings around the world channeled into individual pods dotted around the otherwise open plan office. Each pod has windows on two walls to allow for uninterrupted views of the office.
- A dynamic and flexible work environment – including a meeting room, modeled after an Amsterdam apartment, which can be split into two separate spaces.
Image Courtesy © Ed Reeve
- Architects: heneghan peng architects
- Project: Airbnb’s European operations hub
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Photography: Ed Reeve
- Opening: April 4, 2014
- Project Principal: Shih-Fu Peng, Roisin Heneghan
- Size: 2000 sqm