Archive for the ‘Offices’ Category
Tuesday, February 19th, 2013
Article source: Barcode Architects
BARCODE Architects completes the first redevelopment phase of CZ insurance headquarters. CZ approached BARCODE Architects with the question to drastically transform the interior of their headquarters in Tilburg so that new ways of working with more opportunities for communication and knowledge sharing could emerge.
Image Courtesy Barcode Architects
- Architects: Barcode Architects and Habiter Autrement
- Project: CZ Insurance Headquarters
- Location: Tilburg, Netherlands
- Stage: Realised
- Client: CZ
- Area: 2000m2
Saturday, February 16th, 2013
Article source: BAKOKO Architects
Designing he Tokyo office of multinational recruitment specialists CDS was an opportunity to renew and maximize the value of their existing two-story premises. After appraising a full range of space use options, BAKOKO transformed the second floor into an efficient and modern workplace with a sleek and attractive facility for meetings and interviews below. The project was phased across the various floors of the building to mitigate disruption to the company’s day-to-day operations.
Image Courtesy BAKOKO Architects
- Architects: BAKOKO Architects
- Project: CDS Offices
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Software used: Sketchup and Draftsite
Thursday, February 14th, 2013
Article source: Michael Arellanes II
The tower and exhibition hall is a proposal for Hong Kong’s Kai Tak development, an airport landing strip that will be reclaimed into the city as a new cultural, business, and residential district. The tower is an expressionof fluid movement that manifests into a series of folds, creases, and a bifurcation of massing creating a dual tower.
Image Courtesy Michael Arellanes II
- Architects: Michael Arellanes II
- Project: Office Tower and Exhibition Center for Hong Kong
- Location: Kai Tak, Hong Kong
- Software used: 3D Modeling and rendering: Maya 2013. Alternative Renderings: 3D Studio MAX, Photoshop: Image adjustment, Illustrator: Importing Drawings for PDF. AutoCAD: Drawings
Thursday, February 14th, 2013
Article source: Taller 9s Arquitectes
An obsolete ‘corner’ of Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter is recycled, to transform an existing disused building into a public building that profit from the potential of the site to generate urbanity.
Liberating the Gothic bell tower.
With the demolition of part of the existing building it is retrieved the Gothic bell tower of the church of Santa Maria del Pi, freeing it from the current tensions and creating a patio at its feet, future access to the interior of the urban block.
Image Courtesy © Adrià Goula Sardà
- Architects: Taller 9s Arquitectes
- Project: Toy Library and Offices in existing building
- Location: Barcelona (Catalonia, Spain)
- Photography: Adrià Goula Sardà
- Completion date: 2010
- Designers: Taller 9s Arquitectes (Oriol Cusidó & Irene Marzo, architects)
- Size: 1.055 m2
Wednesday, February 13th, 2013
Article source: Architekt Daniel Fügenschuh ZT GmbH
A work live studio was first set up as an architect’s office for himself in 2005 when Daniel Fügenschuh converted a townhouse from 1914 in Innsbruck. Over the years the office space became too small and he decided to expand his office by placing a new built office in the underground of the townhouses’ garden. After completion the garden was laid on top again.
Image Courtesy © Christian Flatscher
- Architects: Architekt Daniel Fügenschuh ZT GmbH
- Project: Office Under the Garden
- Location: Innsbruck, Austria
- Photography: Christian Flatscher
- Architect: Daniel Fügenschuh
- Mechanical engineer: Drexel + Weiss
- Structural engineer: Alfred Brunnsteiner
- Light planner: Ferdinand Höllrigl
- Completed: 2008
- floor space: 305 m²
- Software used: AutoCAD
Thursday, February 7th, 2013
Article source: Cor & Asociados
The Confederation of Employers of Albacete (FEDA) is a nonprofit organization representing and supporting the business network in the Region. Due to the evolution of its activities and growth of services, the organization raised the idea of bringing together in a sole building all the installations that were scattered throughout the city of Albacete. This idea was the seed of this project.
Image Courtesy © David Frutos
- Architects: Cor & Asociados
- Project: FEDA Headquarters: Confederation of Employers
- Location: Albacete, Spain
- Photography: David Frutos
- Photo Construction: Luisa Martí
- Client: Confederación de Empresarios de Albacete Feda
- Status: Completed
- Colaborators: Mar Melgarejo Torralba and Ayara Mendo Pérez (Conceptual design); Rubén Perea Ibáñez, Oscar Carpio Rodríguez and Juan M. Sánchez Guitiérrez (Constraction’s project phase); José Verdú Montesionos (Building Eng.); Soledad Rodríguez Capuano (Model); José M. Noguera Pardo (3D views)
- Use: Office, conferences, meeting, education.
- Site: Albacete, España. 39º 00’ 25.49” N 1º 51’ 32.22” W
- Area: 4.375 m2
- Cost: 3.149.842 € (excluding V.A.T.)
Thursday, February 7th, 2013
Article source: CUAC Arquitectura
The difficulty of defining a physical stable environment before the devastating dynamics of the managerial expansion of ARENA MEDIA company led us to turning the architecture into a phenomenon, providing it with the aptitude to appear, to transform and to be eliminated. The Agencia de Medios Arena Media Communications in Madrid decided to carry out the reform of its offices with an objective double: to maximize the space to shelter a major number of employees and to establish a new commercial image towards the clients and mass media.
Image Courtesy © Javier Callejas
- Architects: CUAC Arquitectura
- Project: Arena Office
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Photography: Javier Callejas
- Architects: CUAC arquitectura (Javier Castellano Pulido/Tomás García Píriz)
- Collaborators: Francisco Puga Ortiz
- Constructor: Aguirre Obras y Construcciones S.L.
- Promotor: Arena Media Communications España S.A.
- Installations:Juan M. Fernández
- Materials: Matacrilato/ Metal/ Plastic Translucent Membrane/ Glass/ Wood /(laque/ White Oiled)
Thursday, February 7th, 2013
Article source: RTA-Office
The 200.000 square meters complex aims to create a new and contemporary urban space. We have distributed the volumes on the parcel in order to get at the same time both an open public space and an intimate one. The many passages through the project offer walk paths for resident and visitors. The mixed-use project occupies an entire block of the city of Qingdao.
Image Courtesy RTA-Office
- Architects: RTA-Office
- Project: Nanjing Road Mixed Use Area
- Location: Qingdao, China
- Plot area: 26.810 m2
- Total construction area: 210.700 m2
- Project: 2012
- Completion Date: in progress
- Landscape Design: Santiago Parramón, RTA-Office in collaboration with Tengyuan Design Institute Co. (Qingdao)
- Architecture Design: Santiago Parramón, RTA-Office in collaboration with Tengyuan Design Institute Co. (Qingdao)
- Interior Design: Santiago Parramón, RTA-Office in collaboration with Tengyuan Design Institute Co. (Qingdao)
- Client: Zhong Lian
Wednesday, February 6th, 2013
Article source: DCB International developer & Soho Architecture
Atrium Gerland is located on the south side of Lyon, not far from the Rhone river. The neighborhood is an old industrial site in full change. New office buildings and housing projects are giving a whole new aspect of this part of the city. The land site is located at a crossroad, not far from a subway station and bus stops. The building is entirely occupied by one user : the régional unemployment office (Pole Emploi).
Image Courtesy © Pierre Le Chatelier
- Architects: DCB International developer & Soho Architecture
- Project: Atrium Gerland
- Location: Lyon, France
Sunday, January 27th, 2013
Article source: NL Architects
Qube is a commission for an office building in Amsterdam. Qube is part of a development called IJpunt by G&S Vastgoed. IJpunt will consist of four blocks designed by Claus en Kaan, Dedato, MVSA and NL A.
The site is truly unique: the most western corner of the Minervahaven, overlooking the Mercuriushaven and the river IJ. Well connected to both the city center as the rest of the world, both by car, public transport and bike.
Image Courtesy NL Architects
- Architects: NL Architects
- Project: Qube
- Location: IJpunt, Minervahaven, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Nl Architects: Pieter Bannenberg, Walter Van Dijk, Kamiel Klaasse
- Team: Arne Van Wees With: Giulia Pastore, Gen Yamamoto, Gert Jan Machiels
- Qube: Office Building, Ijpunt,Minervahaven, Amsterdam 2012 – 201?
- Client: G&S Vastgoed
- Size: Gross Floor Area 6560m², Net Floor Area 5940m², Plot 2430m²
- Structural Engineers: Van Der Vorm
- Installations: Wichers & Dreef
- Software used: Autocad, Rhino 3D, 3dS Max, Adobe Illustrator