Archive for the ‘Offices’ Category
Tuesday, August 16th, 2016
Article source: agaligo studio
To celebrate the transformation of a private organization to a brand new public company, MK Restaurants Group PCL decided to establish a new Central Kitchen, CK5. MK Restaurants is widely known in Thailand for 27 years for serving high quality, affordable hot pot meals as well as pioneering many innovative movements. It was the first restaurant chain to implement the use of electric pots, handheld ordering devices, induction stoves, self-ordering table tablet technology, robot service staff, and etc. One of MK’s earliest creations that eventually become its brand signature is the red trays, also called the “condo,” that are able to stack up vertically, allowing easier storage, convenience in serving, and extra space on the dining table. Designed by the owner himself since the early days of the business, it proves an inventive substitute for the impractical round plates. The use of the red condos is now common in every hot pot restaurants throughout Thailand, and is often imitated by the competitors.
Image Courtesy © Spaceshift Studio
- Architects: agaligo studio
- Project: MK CK5 Production Office
- Location: Samutprakarn, Thailand
- Photography: Spaceshift Studio
- Landscape Architecture: OpenBox
- Interior Design: Storage Studio
- Lighting Design: Studio Accent
- Graphic Design: Work In Bangkok
- Engineering: EEC-IE, A+ Consultants
- Area: 3,023 Sq.M.
- Year: 2013
Tuesday, August 16th, 2016
Article source: Domaen
The project VIL is an interior build-out in an existing warehouse for the Los Angeles headquarters of the content and production agency Conscious Minds. A main architectural feature is a continuous surface sheet forming an articulated ceiling and simultaneously folding around two conference spaces. The digital surface manipulation follows in part pragmatic stipulations but also creates a divided two-material sheet that appears to artificially tear at the seams to allow glimpses into the otherwise enclosed conference rooms.
Image Courtesy © Paul Vu
- Architects: Domaen
- Project: VIL – Creative Office
- Location: Pasadena, California, USA
- Photography: Paul Vu
- Software used: Rhino3D, Grasshopper, Archicad
- Principal Design: Axel Schmitzberger, Chris Lowe
- Team: Jessica Ungos, Cooper Ballantine, Justin Tingue
- Structural: S&Z Engineering
- Area: 6,000 sqft
- Project year: 2015 (completion oct 22nd 2015 – development construction January – October)
Friday, August 12th, 2016
Article source: align
Mendeley is a fast-growing, global, collaborative research and knowledge-sharing platform with over 3m global users. At the core of the business offer are cloud-based tools, platforms and services, designed to help scholars all over the world discover content, organise their papers and connect with other researchers, with the overall aim of making science more open, social and accessible.
The Mendeley offices are on the third floor of the Alphabeta building, Image Courtesy © Gareth Gardner
- Architects: align
- Project: Mendeley Office
- Location: London, England
- Photography: Gareth Gardner
Tuesday, August 9th, 2016
Article source: Reasoning Instincts Architecture Studio
Set in the dry and arid industrial context next to a busy state highway, the structure is a small and sole workspace of a young CEO at the threshold of his vast industrial estate. The proposed design is an attempt to represent the client’s aspiration to reach out to the world for his business expansion while marking his presence amongst his competitors. Key aspect here was to provide high standards of comfortable work environment to its main user and to his esteemed visitors.
FACADE WITH STONE AND GLASS, Image Courtesy © Krunal Mistry
- Architects: Reasoning Instincts Architecture Studio
- Project: Office @ Threshold
- Location: Chhatral, Gujarat, India
- Photography: Krunal Mistry
- Design Team: Bhairavi Dhoot, Ujjaval Parekh & Krunal Mistry
- Clients: Bhavin Shah, CEO Ambuja Solvex Pvt. Ltd.
- Area: 117 sqm
- Project Year: 2015
Thursday, August 4th, 2016
Article source: Design Forum International
Business Bay is a boutique Eco-Office project designed in a clean contemporary architectural language using bold and playful masses of crisp granite juxtaposed with angular free edged surfaces of glass.
Image Courtesy © Mr. Narendra Sharma
- Architects: Design Forum International
- Project: Business Bay
- Location: A-91, Okhla Phase – Ii, South Delhi, India
- Photography: Mr. Narendra Sharma
- Principal Architect: Goonmeet Singh Chauhan
- Design Team: Girish C. Joshi , Aakash Saini, Vikas Madan
- Name Of Client: Manoj Nagpal
- Name of client’s firm: Nagpal Builders (India) pvt. Ltd.
- Site Area (sq ft & sq m): 2420 SQ YARDS
- Start Date: March 2010
- Completion Date: 03-10-2013
Tuesday, August 2nd, 2016
Article source: Setter Architects Ltd
CA Technologies has recently launched their new development center, spread over 2 floors in Herzliya, Israel.
CA’s guidelines for the design team were to create a young and dynamic environment; as a result the design team came up with an idea for a new kind of work space that incorporated all of the above as well as being inspirational and unique.
Image Courtesy © Itay Sikolski
- Architects: Setter Architects Ltd
- Project: New Development center
- Location: Herzliya, Israel
- Photography: Itay Sikolski
- Project Designer: Bella Ventura
- Design Team: Katya Michkovsky
- Project Manager: Margolin Bros. Engineering & Consulting Ltd.
- Contractor: Terra Engineering & Construction Ltd.
- Size: 2,800 sqm.
- Year: 2016
Saturday, July 30th, 2016
Article source: Blitz Architecture + Interiors
Audentes Therapeutics is a biotechnology company that is pioneering the development and commercialization of gene therapy treatments for people with serious and rare diseases. They take pride in strong, global relationships with the patient, research, medical, and business communities with whom they work to improve the lives of patients.
To accommodate their growing team, Audentes hired Blitz to design 22,000 square feet of office space over two floors in a multi-floor, class-A office building in San Francisco, California. The new office includes both open office and private office workstations; a collaborative all hands space; conference center; and collaborative work cafe. The office also offers stunning views of several San Francisco landmarks including Coit Tower and the Transamerica Pyramid.
Image Courtesy © Jasper Sanidad
- Architects: Blitz Architecture + Interiors
- Project: Audentes Therapeutics Office
- Location: 600 California Street, 16th and 17th Floors, San Francisco, CA
- Photography: Jasper Sanidad
- Software used: REVIT
- Seth Hanley: Principal-in-Charge
- Abby Lubniewski: Project Designer
- Abby Berube: Furniture Specialist
- Kimberley O’Dowd: Construction Administration
- John Hunter: Specifications
- Size: 22,000 SF
- Completion: April 2016
Sunday, July 24th, 2016
Article source: MVRDV
MVRDV has moved into the MVRDV House, their new offices in central Rotterdam, marking a new chapter for the expanding architectural practice. The new location, in the iconic post-war monument Het Industriegebouw, is situated in the heart of Rotterdam’s city centre and is moments away from the firm’s Markthal. The new office houses MVRDV’s now 140 Rotterdam-based staff members and offer new facilities which represent their DNA and social focus.
Image Courtesy © Ossip van Duivenbode
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: MVRDV House
- Location: Achterklooster 7, 3011 RA Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Photography: Ossip van Duivenbode
Sunday, July 24th, 2016
Article source: PAT. architetti associati
The office is located at the piano nobile of a XIX century building on Piazza Solferino, one of Torino’s main squares.
Formerly occupied by an insurance firm, the space has grand rooms still adorned by the original old wooden floors and decorated vaults.
Image Courtesy © Tommaso Buzzi
- Architects: PAT. architetti associati
- Project: Studio CHP
- Location: Torino, Italy
- Photography: Tommaso Buzzi
- Renderings: Arch. Nicolò Radicioni
- General Contractor: Edil Di Maggio s.n.c. & C
- Area: 250 m2
- Year: 2015-2016
Friday, July 22nd, 2016
Article source: v2com
Right at Paris’ doorstep, the Evergreen Campus hosts the Crédit Agricole’s head office. Multiple corporate entities share this space. The entire campus revolves around a central park that acts as its green lung.
The conception of Eole – a 67 000 m² building made in four years – preserves and upholds the site’s environmental vocation: buildings operate in accordance with the HQE norms (high environmental quality), new structures were built according to the BBC norms (low consumption buildings), soft energies usage (geothermic, solar and rain water is reused), 4 hectares of green spaces valorized.
Image Courtesy © LK Photographe
- Architects: Arte Charpentier Architectes
- Project: Eole on the Evergreen campus
- Location: Montrouge, France
- Photography: LK Photographe, Augusto Da Silva, Bouygues Bâtiment
- Project manager / promoter: Crédit Agricole
- Landscaper: Groupement Takano Landscape
- Planning: Atelier Kaba (eastern garden and interior street)
- ASC: Setec Bâtiment
- Electrical Engineering: Square
- Structure: Terrell International
- Facades: CEEF
- Acoustics: Lamoureux acoustique
- Economist: AE75
- Contract management: Groupement SETEC Bâtiment (mandated) and Builders & Partners
- Surface: 67 000 m2 floor area
- Delivery date: 2015