Archive for the ‘Offices’ Category
Wednesday, July 11th, 2012
Article source: YERce Architecture
Looking at the design and realization process of the project one can notice that the challenge was to build up the perception of a firm through the ‘atmosphere’ it has and the ‘activities’ it hosts; instead of adopting a design approach which focused only on product display and aimed for a space with only showroom function.
Space (Image Courtesy Emin Emrah YERCE)
- Architects: YERce Architecture
- Project: OrfiSera
- Location: Izmir, Turkey
- Client: Orfis Orçelik Office Furniture
- Project year: 2011
- Architect: YERce Architecture, Nail Egemen YERCE
- Lighting design: YERce Architecture, Nail Egemen YERCE
- Electrical engineer: Orfis Orçelik Office Furniture
- Mechanical engineer: Orfis Orçelik Office Furniture
- Construction: Nano Buildings, Hilmi Aydın NİĞDELİ
- Landscape design: Nesil Landscape, Hakan ERDOĞAN
- Photographer: Emin Emrah YERCE
Saturday, July 7th, 2012
Article source: Lorcan O’Herlihy Architects
As part of an on-going collaboration with Skid Row Housing Trust (SRHT), a non-profit organization that provides permanent supportive housing for the homeless population of Los Angeles, LOHA was asked to design a 4,100 sf Tenant Improvement to house their management offices including training and event headquarters. Taking advantage of the heaviness of the existing ‘forest of columns’ present in the space, LOHA deployed a series of trees that concealed the existing structure while providing the framework for a custom lighting installation. The space serves as an urban oasis within the otherwise chaotic nature of its surroundings within the Skid Row district of Los Angeles both for the patrons served and the managing staff.
Image Courtesy Lawrence Anderson
Friday, July 6th, 2012
Article source: Graux & Baeyens Architecten
Office Solvas is a newly constructed office building in the center of Zomergem, Belgium, in the immediate vicinity of the church and adjacent square. Within this specific context the design challenge was to integrate a three-story building (with two office-floors and one level for apartments) on a lot between two buildings with a completely different typology. The left building is one story high with a flat roof, the right one has two floors and a pitched roof.
Image Courtesy Luc Roymans
- Architects: Graux & Baeyens Architecten
- Project: Office Solvas
- Location: Kerkstraat1 . 9930 Zomergem . Belgium
- Design: 2008
- Construction: 2010-2012
- Plot: 1510m²
- Built area: 1238m²
- Photography: Luc Roymans
- Materials: Concrete façade: Prefab, Afrormosia lamellae, Aluminium Windows
Thursday, June 28th, 2012
Article source: AM Arquitectura
Project CPT Office Architects Rodrigo Araya Manzanares Collaborator Gerardo Beyer, Fernando Sánchez Construction Jaime Jiménez y Cia Ltda. Location Italia Street, Puerto Montt, Chile Area Surface 1350m2 Year 2010-2011 Building Materials Galvanized steel, wood, cristal. Software Used Archicad
- Architects: AM Arquitectura
- Project: CPT Office
- Location: Puerto Montt, Chile
- Project Architect: Rodrigo Araya Manzanares
Wednesday, June 27th, 2012
Article source: Ruca – Rui De Carvalho Architect
The concept of this office is based on the idea of project a space that is directly identified with the company field, so that any visitor immediately realizes that.
Since this is a construction company, all space born from the idea of a built city, which arises from the extrusion of prisms, creating different divisions throughout the space as well the necessary furniture.
- Architects: Ruca – Rui De Carvalho Architect
- Project: Hefei Media Office
- Location: Hefei-Anhui, China
- Client: Anonymous
- Area Surface: 700 m2
- Year: 2012
- Type: Office
- Design: Ruca
- Project Architect: Ruca
- Co-Authors: Arqsize
- Rendering Collaborators: Hélder Freitas
- Building Materials: white lacquered wood, polycarbonate, screens, led, optical fiber
- Software Used: Archicad, Artlantis (rendering) and Photoshop (post production)
Wednesday, June 13th, 2012
Article source: Architects of Invention Ltd.
The sale office is located on one of the main avenues in the centre of Tbilisi. The surrounding area is mostly for residential use with some office buildings and banks in the area. There are fashion shops and some other trading shops along the facade.
Image Courtesy NAKANIMAMASAKHLISI PHOTO LAB
Wednesday, June 6th, 2012
Article source: SO-IL
New York, New York. SO – IL, a Brooklyn-based design firm, completes new office and studio space for the New York operation of LOGAN, a bicoastal production company. The project is located in a 6,500sf corner loft space on the second floor of a land-marked building in the heart of SoHo. SO – IL’s design builds on Logan’s dynamic working model and attempts to create an environment that supports a strong sense of collaboration and collectivity. A large part of LOGAN’s team consists of mobile consultants that join the team on a per-project basis.
Image Courtesy Naho Kubota
- Architects: SO-IL
- Project: Logan Offices
- Location: New York
- Office Space Area: 6,500 sf
- Status: 2012 AIA NY Honors Award
- Completed: 2012
- Credits: Katsura Construction (general contractor) Situ Studio (worksurface fabrication) Lighting Workshop (lighting consultant)
- Photography: Naho Kubota, Iwan Baan
- Team: Florian Idenburg, Jing Liu, Ilias Papageorgiou (Assoc. Principal – in Charge) as well as Danny Duong and Nicole Passarella.
- Software used: AutoCAD, 3D Max, Rhino, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
Thursday, May 31st, 2012
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
A design for a new office and retail destination that aims to provide a strong visual identity close to Hongqiao Transportation Hub near Shanghai’s city centre and Hongqiao Airport.
Our proposal for the new Linkong SOHO building aims to provide a strong visual and programmatic identity which establishes a unique destination in its own right. Such identity consists of an exclusive programme mix consolidated in three different destinations – thematic “Courtyards” – representing distinct clusters of activities, and an exceptional architecture that moulds such a programme into a landmark. The building’s dynamic, curvilinear form continues through its internal spatial experiences, dramatic courtyards and flowing public spaces.
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Sky SOHO
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Design: Zaha Hadid with Patrik Schumacher
- Project Director: Manuela Gatto
- Project Architect: Edgar Payan, Maria Rodero (Phases SD, DD, CD), Yoshi Uchiyama (Construction Administration)
- Project Team: Arturo Revilla, Muriel Boselli, Chao-Chin Wang, Ai Sato, Michael Harris, Dennis Brezina, Claudia Doner, Mei-Ling Lin, Osbert So, Alberto Barba, Carlos Parraga, Pierandrea Angius, Diego Perez Espitia, Kaloyan Erevinov, Laurence Dudeney, Albert Ferrer, Leonid Krykhtin, Mu Ren, Kwanphil Cho, Evgeniya Yatsyuk, Lauren Barclay, Henning Hansen, Ben Kikkawa, Nicholette Chan, Michael Grau, Sarah Thurow, Adrian Krezlik, Chiwai Chan, Gordana Yakimovska, Ed Gaskin, Andrea D’imperio, Kaloyan Erevinov, Samson Lee, Shaowen Deng, Will Chen
Friday, May 25th, 2012
Article source: OFIS Arhitekti
GREEN ATRIUMS AS DIVIDERS OF THE SPACE
The new volume is positioned behind the existing villa with individual cut outs – “green bays” in function of the extended external park coming into the pavilion.
Inside they form divisions between internal spaces and create dynamic, light and calming atmosphere.
- Architects: OFIS Arhitekti
- Project: Crossroad offices
- Location: Leechgase , Graz, Austria
- Type: office, lecture halls
- Client: private
- Site Area: 2160 m2
- Bldg. Area: 971 m2
- Gross Floor Area: 2528 m2
- Gross Floor Ratio: 2,6
Saturday, May 19th, 2012
Article source: Marià Castelló Martínez
Es Pujol de s’Era is a fairly representative fragment of the inland landscape of the island of Formentera. It comprises 33,022 square metres of wheat and barley fields, a small wood of common and Phoenician juniper and rosemary, and dry-stone walls on a practically flat topography.
The intervention seeks refuge among the existing vegetation and a fragment of dry-stone wall. These two conditions draw out the dimensions, the orientation and the height of a construction of austere geometry that bears some relation to the architectural tradition of Formentera.
North Facade With Wood Panels Open
- Architects: Marià Castelló Martínez
- Project: Home-Office
- Location: Camí Vell de la Mola km. 2,3. Formentera, Spain
- Promoter: Marià Castelló Martínez
- Building engineer: Agustí Yern Ribas + Albert Yern Ribas
- Structure: Albert Yern Ribas, José Antonio Molina, Salvador Soteras y Agustí Yern