Archive for the ‘Offices’ Category
Friday, May 25th, 2012
Article source: OFIS Arhitekti
GREEN ATRIUMS AS DIVIDERS OF THE SPACE
The new volume is positioned behind the existing villa with individual cut outs – “green bays” in function of the extended external park coming into the pavilion.
Inside they form divisions between internal spaces and create dynamic, light and calming atmosphere.
- Architects: OFIS Arhitekti
- Project: Crossroad offices
- Location: Leechgase , Graz, Austria
- Type: office, lecture halls
- Client: private
- Site Area: 2160 m2
- Bldg. Area: 971 m2
- Gross Floor Area: 2528 m2
- Gross Floor Ratio: 2,6
Saturday, May 19th, 2012
Article source: Marià Castelló Martínez
Es Pujol de s’Era is a fairly representative fragment of the inland landscape of the island of Formentera. It comprises 33,022 square metres of wheat and barley fields, a small wood of common and Phoenician juniper and rosemary, and dry-stone walls on a practically flat topography.
The intervention seeks refuge among the existing vegetation and a fragment of dry-stone wall. These two conditions draw out the dimensions, the orientation and the height of a construction of austere geometry that bears some relation to the architectural tradition of Formentera.
North Facade With Wood Panels Open
- Architects: Marià Castelló Martínez
- Project: Home-Office
- Location: Camí Vell de la Mola km. 2,3. Formentera, Spain
- Promoter: Marià Castelló Martínez
- Building engineer: Agustí Yern Ribas + Albert Yern Ribas
- Structure: Albert Yern Ribas, José Antonio Molina, Salvador Soteras y Agustí Yern
Thursday, May 17th, 2012
Article source: Kamat & Rozario Architecture
The Design took inspiration from the firm’s name – WHITE CANVAS is an independent advertising agency. A blank white canvas takes on the personality of the artist.. We drew an analogy to Absolut Vodka’s “Absolut Blank” Campaign” where artists were invited to express themselves on a blank canvas in the shape of the iconic Absolut bottle. The clean white canvas takes on different Avatars depending on the artists’ imagination.
White Canvas & 22 feet office
Thursday, May 10th, 2012
Article source: Sabbagh Arquitectos
The office was founded in 1986, by Architect Juan Sabbagh P. and Designer Mariana Sabbagh P., both graduated at Universidad de Chile. In 2000 Architect Juan Pedro Sabbagh B., graduated at Universidad Católica and in 2003 Architect Felipe Sabbagh B. of the Universidad de Chile joined the team In 2002 Juan Sabbagh P. receives the National prize of Architecture, He is also a professor in the Universidad de Chile Architecture Faculty Since 1994 to 2008. Between 2004 and 2006, he was President of the School of Architects of Chile.
Image Courtesy Francisca Polanco
- Architects: Sabbagh Arquitectos
- Project: Duoc Maipú
- Location: AV. Esquina Blanca 506, Maipú, Santiago, Chile
- Client: Fundación DUOC-UC
- Architects / Designers: Juan Sabbagh P.- Mariana Sabbagh P.- Juan Pedro Sabbagh B.-Felipe Sabbagh B.-Marcial Olivares
- Project manager: Juan Sabbagh P – Juan Pedro Sabbagh
- Design team: Sabbagh Arquitectos
- Collaborators:Jorge Ramirez
- Engineers: Gatica y Jiménez
- Software used: AutoCAD
Saturday, May 5th, 2012
Article source: Studio Daniel Libeskind
Completed in 2005, the office façade of the new Hyundai Development Company headquarters was designed to integrate the headquarters with the public plaza, the below-grade spaces and any future development on the site. A 62 meter ring dominates the main facade together with a complementary vector that explores the depth of the facade as a space that will be locally accessible through volume and plane projections.
Images Courtesy Kim yong kwan
- Architect: Studio Daniel Libeskind
- Name of Project: Tangent Facade Design for The Hyundai Development Company
- Location: Seoul, South Korea
- Building size: 1,412,000 sq.ft (Facade Area), 15 Floors, 226 Feet ( Height)
- Structure: Glass curtain wall cladding with aluminium on existing concrete building
- Client: Hyundai Development Corporation
Thursday, May 3rd, 2012
Article source: Klingmann Architects + Brand Consultants
KABC’s vision for the development of the innovative office and research center in the Hai Chuang Yuan Community reflects the goals of the new high technology research campus, which promotes a new paradigm for research and development campuses in the region. Sustainability is at the core of the architectural expression, encompassing environmental, social, economic and cultural sustainability by fostering community and promoting new techniques and technologies. As one approaches the innovative office and research center in the Hai Chuang Yuan Community , the buildings immediately captivate the passerby with their iconic presence. Freestanding on the site, they read as transparent, geometrical, glazed forms floating as visually light, crystalline structures above the landscape.
View of Office & Lab Complex at Night
- Architect: Klingmann Architects + Brand Consultants
- Name of project: Office/Lab Complex B
- Location: Hangzhou, China
- Site area: 50,522 m2
- Project Scope: Schematic Design, Landscape Design
- Project Type: Commercial Office Space
- Client: Zhejiang Energy Company
- Team: Anna Klingmann, Dongcheol Yang, Eva Poulopoulou, Sarina Heres, Perry Wold, Dominique Dassum, Andrew Brooks, Atul Kumar Jain, Pinglie Huang, Xiaomeng Fu
- Software used: 3dS Max, AutoCAD
Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012
Article source: MINIMAL
Moving from Tribeca to Chelsea: MINIMAL Design for the New Grimshaw Architects Office
Moved in the mid of 2011 from Tribeca to Chelsea, Grimshaw Architects office is now located in a typical industrial building facing the Hudson River and surrounded by the bohemian streets of this blooming neighborhood. The lobby, accessible through a farmer-style stalls corridor is designed by MINIMAL with careful attention to integrate a contemporary look to the industrial surrounding. The lobby allows access to the main floor where a kitchen by MINIMAL welcomes not only employees and professionals but also the light that filtering through the tall windows makes the kitchen a real gathering area.
- Designer: Stefano Venier for MINIMAL
- Name of Project: New office of Grimshaw Architects in NY
- Location: New York
- Client: Grimshaw Architects office
- City: New York
- Models used: Glam (wall side main kitchen and lobby) – Verve (island)
- Year: 2011
- Project: Kitchen and reception desk at the lobby, Kitchen on the main floor
Tuesday, May 1st, 2012
Article source: Henning Larsen Architects
Henning Larsen Architects and a team consisting of Signal Architects and SLA Landscape Architects have won the competition for Nordea’s new office building of 40,000 m2 in Ørestad North, Copenhagen, next to the premises of the Danish Broadcasting Corporation and the Concert Hall – Koncerthuset. The building will comprise Scandinavia’s largest trading floor of 5,500 m2 with a view of the green area of Amager Fælled.
Tuesday, April 24th, 2012
Article source: cheungvogl
Nunnmps – Brief Description
Nunnmps, Chicago is an information technology system development, security and service office. The site is located in South Chicago, bordering Lake Michigan.
The project consists of a 50,000 square meter design and research studio in addition to surrounding public open space and natural landscape. One third of the building encompasses the design and research studios and support areas. Since the studio projects are of a strategic nature and highly confidential, the building is lifted above ground, high above the crowns of trees, floating like clouds, overlooking the distant skyline. The remaining two thirds of the office space exist within its subterrain. It accommodates a reception area and a large open administration office with mushroom-like cores penetrating the ground to connect both parts of the Nunnmps.
Image Courtesy cheungvogl
- Architects: cheungvogl
- Project Name: Nunnmps
- Location: Chicago, Illinois, US
- District: South Chicago
- Use: Office
- Site Area: 50,000 ㎡
- Bldg. Area: 16,000 ㎡ (more…)
Tuesday, April 24th, 2012
Article source: BCQ Arquitectes
Planning of the complex
The building negotiates its orientation with the urban fabric. The original planning proposal adapts to the reality of the existing urban setting. The ground floor and the basement floor are located within the boundaries of the site; upper floors, however, move and align with the street l’Om. This change frees the space in the south side of the square and creates a wider space.
Although the building divides the empty space of the urban fabric into two, the treatment of each space is the same, and the ground floor of the building is understood as an element of continuity of the surroundings. It is essential that there is transparency in the access area which is overlooking the square.
Access Facade (© Pegenaute)
- Architect: BCQ Arquitectes
- Name of Project: Social security administration office building in old city Barcelona
- Location: Carrer Arc del Teatre 63, Barcelona, Spain
- Team: David Baena, Toni Casamor, Maria Taltavull, Manel Peribáñez
- Client: Foment de Ciutat Vella. Ayuntamiento de Barcelona (Foment de Ciutat Vella. Barcelona City Council); Tesorería General de la Seguridad Social. Ministerio de Empleo y Seguridad Social (General Treasury of Social Security, Ministry of Employment and Social Security)
- Contractor: FCC Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas SA