Archive for the ‘Offices’ Category
Thursday, April 3rd, 2014
Article source: FIVE AM
At the end of 2012, printing office Drukta and mailing company Formail moved into their new building. Not a new build, but a former textile company’s warehouse, spanning 4.000 sqm. For their office space, both companies were looking for a solution which needed to fit their needs and budget. At the same time, they really wanted the original and creative concept to become a proper eye-catcher, linking the office area with the machines on the workfloor – a task right up the street of interior designers Five AM in Kortrijk (Belgium).
Image Courtesy © Thomas De Bruyne
- Architects: FIVE AM
- Project: Office space design with shipping containers
- Location: Kortrijk, Belgium
- Photography: Thomas De Bruyne
- Software used: Vectorworks and Cinema 4d
- Client: Drukta NV + Formail bvba
- Realisation: August 2012 – November 2012
- Budget: 280000 €
- Surface dimensions: 4000sgm building of which 290 sqm office space,Drukta 150sqm, Formail 75 sgm atelier 65sqm office..
- Materials: Shipping containers (13), plywood, MDF,carpet,TLlighting
Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014
Article source: Marc Prosman Architecten
De Heelmeesters is the new workplace for three Amsterdam care organisations; Blijf Groep, HVO-Querido and de Volksbond. The offices are part of a larger housing project in Watergraafsmeer.
Image Courtesy © Milad Pallesh
- Architects: Marc Prosman Architecten
- Project: De Heelmeesters interior
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Photography: Milad Pallesh
Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014
Article source: ANTHRACITE ARCHITECTURE 2.0
The « Lotus » offices are the result of the collaboration with the Vannes-based agency – Studio 02 . The building is located in a strategic industrial area of Rennes. The client’s request was to use the dark concrete as principal material for the elevations. The architectural response was to create a black monolith with regular openings which contains more dynamic and active white forms.
Image Courtesy © ANTHRACITE ARCHITECTURE 2.0
Tuesday, April 1st, 2014
Article source: 10 DESIGN
On 13th September 2013, Zhongxun Group and 10 DESIGN jointly hosted a press conference in Chongqing to unveil the design for Zhongxun Times, which will be the first within the 800,000 sqm Danzishi CBD(also designed by 10 DESIGN) to be built by spring 2015.
This mixed use office and retail development sits centrally within the CBDis located on the banks of the Yangtze River.
Image Courtesy © 10 DESIGN
- Architects: 10 DESIGN
- Project: Zhongxun Times
- Location: CHONGQING, CHINA
- Client: ZhongXun Group
- Function: Office, Food & Beverage, Retail
- Commencement Date: 2012
- Completion Date: 2015
- Design Company: 10 DESIGN
- Designer: Gordon Affleck, Design Partner
- Arch Design Team: Gordon Affleck, Ross Milne, Brian Fok, Jamie Webb, Ryan Leong, Nigel Height, Frisly Colop Morales, Jason Easter, Lukasz Wawrzenczyk, Colin Aston, Francisco Fajardo, Mike Kwok, Dan Narita, Caterina Choi, Laura RusconiClerici, Kevis Wong
- CGI: Shane Dale, Jon Martin, Miguel Vicente, Yasser Salomon
Sunday, March 30th, 2014
Article source: Foster + Partners
Final building at More London achieves BREEAM ‘Outstanding’ rating.
Foster + Partners has completed the first office building in England to achieve the BREEAM ‘Outstanding’ accreditation. 7 More London Riverside is the final and largest building within the More London masterplan, developed by More London Development, and provides a new 10-storey, sustainable headquarters for Price water house Coopers LLP.
Image Courtesy © Nigel Young_Foster + Partners
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: More London Plot 7
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Photography: Nigel Young_Foster + Partners
- Client: More London Developments
- Area: 535,000 ft2
- Site Area: 80,000 ft2
- Capacity: 4000 Occupants
- Storeys: 11
- Foster + Partners team: Norman Foster, David Nelson, Spencer de Grey, Mike Jelliffe, Rob Hall, David Rosenberg, John McCulley, Brandon Buck, Upesh Dhanji, Francesca Venturoni, Puikie Wu, Alessandro Baccari, Paul Smith, Susanne Bauer
- Structural Engineers: Arup
- Services: Grontmij
- Landscape Architect: Robert Townshend
Thursday, March 27th, 2014
Article source: MVRDV
GAW Capital and MVRDV have started construction on the Cheung Fai building in Hong Kong which transforms a former warehouse into offices for creative companies. The building with a surface of 18.000 m² is situated at Kwun Tong waterfront in Hong Kong’s new designated business area of East Kowloon. The transformation aims to create a luxurious loft style working environment by replacing everything but the primary concrete structure of the building with glass and stainless steel infill, exposing the building’s infrastructure. Completion is scheduled for September 2015.
Image Courtesy © MVRDV
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: Cheung Fai building
- Location: Hong Kong, China
Wednesday, March 26th, 2014
Article source: atelier rzlbd
Yellowtail Office is an intervention project rather than a cosmetic renovation. Situated in Thornhill, Ontario, the small 10’ x 30’ retail space was converted to a chic suite to be used as a mortgage broker office.
Image Courtesy © atelier rzlbd
- Architects: atelier rzlbd
- Project: Yellowtale Office
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Photography: atelier rzlbd
- Project team: Ehsan Zareian, Bahar Joshanpoosh, Lailee Soleimani
- Construction: Doreen Development
- Building Type: Office
- Area: 300 sqft
[10’ x 30’]
- Design: Fall 2013
- Completion: Winter 2014
Tuesday, March 25th, 2014
Article source: Spark Architects
SPARK wins the mixed-use category at the 24th annual Architectural Review MIPIM Future Project Awards 2014, which were conferred on 12 March in Cannes. The Vanke Jiugong project (Beijing) has been recognised for its intricate mixing of retail, leisure, entertainment, and office programmes, and for the strong urban connections and experiences it proposes through its inversion of the shopping mall typology.
Image Courtesy © Spark Architects
- Architects: Spark Architects
- Project: VANKE JIUGONG MIXED-USE DEVELOPMENT
- Location: Beijing, China
- Total GFA (sqm): 127,000sqm
- Project Director: Jan Felix Clostermann
- Team: Eldine Heep, Yang Hefeng, Lukas Maehr, Ben de Lange, Christian Taeubert, Phi Lu,Sua Song, Jimi Cheng, Wu Jianyun, Emer Loraine, Jacky Chang, Sebastian Loaiza
- Client: Vanke
Saturday, March 15th, 2014
Article source: Metropolis
This Office Building Project is located in a 2,255.98 m² terrain. The first and second floor is used as shops.
The main idea was to create an iconic building which uses the lighting as a way to give movement to the building.
The main facade is a black curtain wall with a Led system inside its structure so a vibrant effect could be created.
Image Courtesy © Metropolis
- Architects: Metropolis (Jose Orrego Herrea)
- Project: Building Omega
- Build area: 36,860.13 m²
- Office area: 14,523.93 m²
- Commercial area: 2,013.92 m²
- Cars: 464
Thursday, March 13th, 2014
Article source: SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS
The multidisciplinary team includes Sou Fujimoto Architects, Nicolas Laisné Associés, Manal Rachdi Oxo Architects, engineer André Verdier, environmental engineering agency Franck Boutté Consultants, landscaping team Bassinet Turquin, designer Lumière Studio, and inspection firm Socotec and Casso et Associés. It was picked to design the 10,000 m² mixed-use tower to accommodate a housing programme, restaurant, art gallery, panoramic bar and offices.
Image Courtesy © SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS + NICOLAS LAISNE ASSOCIES + MANAL RACHDI OXO ARCHITECTS
- Architects: SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS
- Project: L’Arbre Blanc (The White Tree)
- Location: Montpellier, France
- Photography: SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS, NICOLAS LAISNE ASSOCIES and MANAL RACHDI OXO ARCHITECTS
- TYPE: Closed competition
- ARCHITECT TEAMS: SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS + NICOLAS LAISNE ASSOCIES + MANAL RACHDI OXO ARCHITECTS
- DEVELOPMENT: PROMEO PATRIMOINE: Gilbert Ganivenq, Cyrill Meynadier, EVOLIS PROMOTION: Francis Lamazère, Alain Gillet
- SURFACE AREA: 10,225 m2
- STATUS: Winner
- STRUCTURAL ENGINEER: ANDRE VERDIER (Montpellier, France)
- DESIGN AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING: FRANK BOUTTÉ CONSULTANTS (Paris, France)
- LANDSCAPING: BASSINET TURQUIN PAYSAGE (Paris, France)
- LIGHTING DESIGNER: ODILE SOUDANT (Paris, France)
- INSPECTIONS: SOCOTEC (Montpellier, France), CASSO & ASSOCIES (Paris, France)
- PERSPECTIVE: RSI studio, Manal Rachdi Oxo architectes. Nicolas Laisné associés.