Archive for the ‘Offices’ Category
Wednesday, June 13th, 2012
Article source: Architects of Invention Ltd.
The sale office is located on one of the main avenues in the centre of Tbilisi. The surrounding area is mostly for residential use with some office buildings and banks in the area. There are fashion shops and some other trading shops along the facade.
Image Courtesy NAKANIMAMASAKHLISI PHOTO LAB
Wednesday, June 6th, 2012
Article source: SO-IL
New York, New York. SO – IL, a Brooklyn-based design firm, completes new office and studio space for the New York operation of LOGAN, a bicoastal production company. The project is located in a 6,500sf corner loft space on the second floor of a land-marked building in the heart of SoHo. SO – IL’s design builds on Logan’s dynamic working model and attempts to create an environment that supports a strong sense of collaboration and collectivity. A large part of LOGAN’s team consists of mobile consultants that join the team on a per-project basis.
Image Courtesy Naho Kubota
- Architects: SO-IL
- Project: Logan Offices
- Location: New York
- Office Space Area: 6,500 sf
- Status: 2012 AIA NY Honors Award
- Completed: 2012
- Credits: Katsura Construction (general contractor) Situ Studio (worksurface fabrication) Lighting Workshop (lighting consultant)
- Photography: Naho Kubota, Iwan Baan
- Team: Florian Idenburg, Jing Liu, Ilias Papageorgiou (Assoc. Principal – in Charge) as well as Danny Duong and Nicole Passarella.
- Software used: AutoCAD, 3D Max, Rhino, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
Thursday, May 31st, 2012
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
A design for a new office and retail destination that aims to provide a strong visual identity close to Hongqiao Transportation Hub near Shanghai’s city centre and Hongqiao Airport.
Our proposal for the new Linkong SOHO building aims to provide a strong visual and programmatic identity which establishes a unique destination in its own right. Such identity consists of an exclusive programme mix consolidated in three different destinations – thematic “Courtyards” – representing distinct clusters of activities, and an exceptional architecture that moulds such a programme into a landmark. The building’s dynamic, curvilinear form continues through its internal spatial experiences, dramatic courtyards and flowing public spaces.
- Architects: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Project: Sky SOHO
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Design: Zaha Hadid with Patrik Schumacher
- Project Director: Manuela Gatto
- Project Architect: Edgar Payan, Maria Rodero (Phases SD, DD, CD), Yoshi Uchiyama (Construction Administration)
- Project Team: Arturo Revilla, Muriel Boselli, Chao-Chin Wang, Ai Sato, Michael Harris, Dennis Brezina, Claudia Doner, Mei-Ling Lin, Osbert So, Alberto Barba, Carlos Parraga, Pierandrea Angius, Diego Perez Espitia, Kaloyan Erevinov, Laurence Dudeney, Albert Ferrer, Leonid Krykhtin, Mu Ren, Kwanphil Cho, Evgeniya Yatsyuk, Lauren Barclay, Henning Hansen, Ben Kikkawa, Nicholette Chan, Michael Grau, Sarah Thurow, Adrian Krezlik, Chiwai Chan, Gordana Yakimovska, Ed Gaskin, Andrea D’imperio, Kaloyan Erevinov, Samson Lee, Shaowen Deng, Will Chen
Friday, May 25th, 2012
Article source: OFIS Arhitekti
GREEN ATRIUMS AS DIVIDERS OF THE SPACE
The new volume is positioned behind the existing villa with individual cut outs – “green bays” in function of the extended external park coming into the pavilion.
Inside they form divisions between internal spaces and create dynamic, light and calming atmosphere.
- Architects: OFIS Arhitekti
- Project: Crossroad offices
- Location: Leechgase , Graz, Austria
- Type: office, lecture halls
- Client: private
- Site Area: 2160 m2
- Bldg. Area: 971 m2
- Gross Floor Area: 2528 m2
- Gross Floor Ratio: 2,6
Saturday, May 19th, 2012
Article source: Marià Castelló Martínez
Es Pujol de s’Era is a fairly representative fragment of the inland landscape of the island of Formentera. It comprises 33,022 square metres of wheat and barley fields, a small wood of common and Phoenician juniper and rosemary, and dry-stone walls on a practically flat topography.
The intervention seeks refuge among the existing vegetation and a fragment of dry-stone wall. These two conditions draw out the dimensions, the orientation and the height of a construction of austere geometry that bears some relation to the architectural tradition of Formentera.
North Facade With Wood Panels Open
- Architects: Marià Castelló Martínez
- Project: Home-Office
- Location: Camí Vell de la Mola km. 2,3. Formentera, Spain
- Promoter: Marià Castelló Martínez
- Building engineer: Agustí Yern Ribas + Albert Yern Ribas
- Structure: Albert Yern Ribas, José Antonio Molina, Salvador Soteras y Agustí Yern
Thursday, May 17th, 2012
Article source: Kamat & Rozario Architecture
The Design took inspiration from the firm’s name – WHITE CANVAS is an independent advertising agency. A blank white canvas takes on the personality of the artist.. We drew an analogy to Absolut Vodka’s “Absolut Blank” Campaign” where artists were invited to express themselves on a blank canvas in the shape of the iconic Absolut bottle. The clean white canvas takes on different Avatars depending on the artists’ imagination.
White Canvas & 22 feet office
Thursday, May 10th, 2012
Article source: Sabbagh Arquitectos
The office was founded in 1986, by Architect Juan Sabbagh P. and Designer Mariana Sabbagh P., both graduated at Universidad de Chile. In 2000 Architect Juan Pedro Sabbagh B., graduated at Universidad Católica and in 2003 Architect Felipe Sabbagh B. of the Universidad de Chile joined the team In 2002 Juan Sabbagh P. receives the National prize of Architecture, He is also a professor in the Universidad de Chile Architecture Faculty Since 1994 to 2008. Between 2004 and 2006, he was President of the School of Architects of Chile.
Image Courtesy Francisca Polanco
- Architects: Sabbagh Arquitectos
- Project: Duoc Maipú
- Location: AV. Esquina Blanca 506, Maipú, Santiago, Chile
- Client: Fundación DUOC-UC
- Architects / Designers: Juan Sabbagh P.- Mariana Sabbagh P.- Juan Pedro Sabbagh B.-Felipe Sabbagh B.-Marcial Olivares
- Project manager: Juan Sabbagh P – Juan Pedro Sabbagh
- Design team: Sabbagh Arquitectos
- Collaborators:Jorge Ramirez
- Engineers: Gatica y Jiménez
- Software used: AutoCAD
Saturday, May 5th, 2012
Article source: Studio Daniel Libeskind
Completed in 2005, the office façade of the new Hyundai Development Company headquarters was designed to integrate the headquarters with the public plaza, the below-grade spaces and any future development on the site. A 62 meter ring dominates the main facade together with a complementary vector that explores the depth of the facade as a space that will be locally accessible through volume and plane projections.
Images Courtesy Kim yong kwan
- Architect: Studio Daniel Libeskind
- Name of Project: Tangent Facade Design for The Hyundai Development Company
- Location: Seoul, South Korea
- Building size: 1,412,000 sq.ft (Facade Area), 15 Floors, 226 Feet ( Height)
- Structure: Glass curtain wall cladding with aluminium on existing concrete building
- Client: Hyundai Development Corporation
Thursday, May 3rd, 2012
Article source: Klingmann Architects + Brand Consultants
KABC’s vision for the development of the innovative office and research center in the Hai Chuang Yuan Community reflects the goals of the new high technology research campus, which promotes a new paradigm for research and development campuses in the region. Sustainability is at the core of the architectural expression, encompassing environmental, social, economic and cultural sustainability by fostering community and promoting new techniques and technologies. As one approaches the innovative office and research center in the Hai Chuang Yuan Community , the buildings immediately captivate the passerby with their iconic presence. Freestanding on the site, they read as transparent, geometrical, glazed forms floating as visually light, crystalline structures above the landscape.
View of Office & Lab Complex at Night
- Architect: Klingmann Architects + Brand Consultants
- Name of project: Office/Lab Complex B
- Location: Hangzhou, China
- Site area: 50,522 m2
- Project Scope: Schematic Design, Landscape Design
- Project Type: Commercial Office Space
- Client: Zhejiang Energy Company
- Team: Anna Klingmann, Dongcheol Yang, Eva Poulopoulou, Sarina Heres, Perry Wold, Dominique Dassum, Andrew Brooks, Atul Kumar Jain, Pinglie Huang, Xiaomeng Fu
- Software used: 3dS Max, AutoCAD
Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012
Article source: MINIMAL
Moving from Tribeca to Chelsea: MINIMAL Design for the New Grimshaw Architects Office
Moved in the mid of 2011 from Tribeca to Chelsea, Grimshaw Architects office is now located in a typical industrial building facing the Hudson River and surrounded by the bohemian streets of this blooming neighborhood. The lobby, accessible through a farmer-style stalls corridor is designed by MINIMAL with careful attention to integrate a contemporary look to the industrial surrounding. The lobby allows access to the main floor where a kitchen by MINIMAL welcomes not only employees and professionals but also the light that filtering through the tall windows makes the kitchen a real gathering area.
- Designer: Stefano Venier for MINIMAL
- Name of Project: New office of Grimshaw Architects in NY
- Location: New York
- Client: Grimshaw Architects office
- City: New York
- Models used: Glam (wall side main kitchen and lobby) – Verve (island)
- Year: 2011
- Project: Kitchen and reception desk at the lobby, Kitchen on the main floor