Archive for the ‘Offices’ Category
Wednesday, April 11th, 2012
Article source: MARC
A big web-marketing agency moves into a conventional four-story building out of the city center. It promotes a contest among design offices, asking an architecture able to represent and strengthen the identity of its immaterial work, without relying on predictable cyberpunk or – worse – high-tech languages. MARC wins of the contest with this answer: the needed architecture is… restoration. The necessary immateriality is achieved literally, subtracting material from all the thick layers that had hidden what gradually reveals to be a decent building from the beginning of the 20th century.
Image Courtesy Beppe Giardino
- Architects: MARC
- Project: Domino
- Location: Turin, Italy
- Designers: Subhash Mukerjee, Michele Bonino
- Collaborators: Lucia Baima, Mi-Jung Kim, Tommaso Rocca
- Partners for engineering: FRED (structural engineer: Riccardo Sampietro; HVAC engineer: Daniele Forte; accounting and Security: Filippo Rizzo)
- Program: office: 950 sqm
- Schedule: 2009-2010
- Client: Domino s.r.l.
- Photographer: Beppe Giardino
Tuesday, April 10th, 2012
Article source: Zaha Hadid Architects
One of several unique buildings specified as part of masterplan concept for Dubai, The Opus comprises two structures, conceived as a single cube eroded by a free-form void, which appears to ‘hover’ above ground-level. A pixilated reflective façade renders the cube full by day; by night, it ‘dematerializes’ as light floods the void.
- Architect: Zaha Hadid Architects
- Name of Project: Opus Office Tower
- Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Design: Zaha Hadid with Patrik Schumacher
- Client: Omniyat Properties
- Area: 84,345m2
Saturday, April 7th, 2012
Article source: Sergey Tchoban, Sergey Kuznetsov
The office building at the corner of Leninsky prospekt and Udaltsova street, stands out not only by a modestly-elegant appearance but also by the concept that is unique for Moscow. It is one of the first buildings in Moscow conforming to European standards of power efficient planning. Besides the building located in one of the main Moscow highways does not occupies the whole intended for construction area but, on the contrary, gives its considerable part for beautification.
Exterior View (Images Courtesy Yuri Palmin, Aborkin Zakhar and Iliya Ivanov)
- Architects: Sergey Tchoban + Sergey Kuznetsov
- Name of Project: Office building on Leninsky prospekt
- Location: Leninsky prospect, Moscow, Russia
- Chief architects: Sergey Kuznetsov
- Chief project engineer: Makukhina Lyudmila
- Photo credits: Yuri Palmin, Aborkin Zakhar, Iliya Ivanov
Sunday, April 1st, 2012
Article source: Damilano Studio Architects
Oficina Vidre Negre was born as a contemporary sculpture, a symbol of a dynamic and continuous development with the need for strong identification, even in terms of image.
In a context of peripheral node of the motorway, the building is set within a park, planted with native species, in which a sort of town square accompanied to the entrance.
The dynamism of the client is shown in architecture, volume changing, a prism completely covered in black glass faceted and integrated photovoltaic panels.
The structure is split reflected in the wide expanse of water over the stage function, is the reserve of water for fire-fighting system and irrigation of the park.
Night View (Images Courtesy Andrea Martiradonna)
- Architect: Damilano Studio Architects
- Name of Project: Oficina Vidre Negre
- Location: Cuneo, Piemonte, Italy
- Client: PORTA ROSSA S.P.A.
- Project type: Office Building
- Photographer: Andrea Martiradonna
- Software used: Autocad and 3ds Max
Saturday, March 31st, 2012
Article source: LABSCAPE Architecture
The brand new showroom for Belgian lingerie firm “Van De Velde” opened its doors in March 2010 at the high pedestrian traffic intersection between Madison Avenue and 33rd Street, on the first floor of a historic building, in New York.
The typical “Manhattan” open space needed to be divided into four different areas. The entrance, a closed office for one person – that could also be used as a meeting room – two work islands and a showroom area.
Interior View (Images Courtesy Labscape)
- Architect: LABSCAPE Architecture
- Name of Project: Van de Velde Showroom
- Location: Madison Avenue, New York
- Year: 2009 – 2010
- Status: Completed
- Photos: Labscape copyrights
Friday, March 30th, 2012
Article source: EASTERN design office (Anna Nakamura+Taiyo Jinno)
This building is a design room for a Japanese sneaker brand as well as a residential house. The site is in Takarazuka-city of Hyogo Prfecture. It is located in an exclusive residential district that commands an entire view of the Osaka Plain. The architecture is built on the slope of a hill with an elevation of 330 meters. The level difference of the site is 8 meters.
Images Courtesy Koichi Torimura
Thursday, March 22nd, 2012
Article source: Kingsland + Architects
We were given the task to design a single storey building, the ubiquitous factory / warehouse building with front office. A dissection of the program provided us with a simple theme. By nature of its program, the building consists of two independent spaces. The heart and soul of the building is the letter carriers sortation facility, a function likely defined as ‘blue collar’ and not far from functioning and appearing just like that of a “factory”.
Canada Post Corporation
- Architects: Kingsland + Architects
- Project: Canada Post Corporation – Port Credit
- Location: Ontario, Canada
- Architect Design: Colin Kingsland
- Software used: Archicad
Wednesday, March 21st, 2012
Article source: Architects of Invention
Young Georgian practice Architects of Invention has completed its first building in Tbilisi, the stunning Prosecutor’s Office.
The firm submitted a proposal as part of an invited competition for a new build to the north west of the city, just on the outskirts of the city centre and close to the Tbilisi Court building. The building was completed in February 2012. The brief was to create workspace for 60 members of staff, a substantial lobby and car parking. Work began in May 2011 and the building was completed in early 2012.
- Architects: Architects of Invention
- Project: Prosecutor’s Office
- Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
Wednesday, March 21st, 2012
Article source: Somdoon Architects Ltd
Baan San Kraam is the beach town condominiums development where the sales office is built near to the beach for people to see the show units and experience the nature of the sea. The architectural idea is simple and straight forward as this sales office is an entrance of the 2 show units. It is a platform for people to absorb the atmosphere of the sea.
Image Courtesy Wison Tungthunya
- Architects: Somdoon Architects Ltd
- Project: Baan San Kraam Sales Office
- Location: Petchburi, Thailand
- Client: Sansiri PCL
- Project Team: Nattanai Janjarassri, Supachai Khiewngam, Puiphai Khunawat
- Design Inception : June 2011
- Start of Construction : July 2011
- Completion: September 2011
Tuesday, March 20th, 2012
Article source: Perkins+Will’s
Perkins+Will’s Atlanta Office is Highest-Scoring LEED®-Certified New Construction Project to Date in the Northern Hemisphere Office at 1315 Peachtree Garners LEED Platinum with 95 Points; No Points Denied
Today, leading design firm Perkins+Will announced that its Atlanta office at 1315 Peachtree Street earned LEED Platinum with 95 points awarded, the most of any project in the Northern Hemisphere to date under the 2009 version of LEED for New Construction.
Exterior view (Image Courtesy Eduard Hueber)
- Architects: Perkins+Will’s
- Project: Perkins+Will Atlanta Office at 1315 Peachtree
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Photography: Eduard Hueber, Michelle Litvin, Perkins+Will