Archive for the ‘Offices’ Category
Sunday, March 30th, 2014
Article source: Foster + Partners
Final building at More London achieves BREEAM ‘Outstanding’ rating.
Foster + Partners has completed the first office building in England to achieve the BREEAM ‘Outstanding’ accreditation. 7 More London Riverside is the final and largest building within the More London masterplan, developed by More London Development, and provides a new 10-storey, sustainable headquarters for Price water house Coopers LLP.
Image Courtesy © Nigel Young_Foster + Partners
- Architects: Foster + Partners
- Project: More London Plot 7
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Photography: Nigel Young_Foster + Partners
- Client: More London Developments
- Area: 535,000 ft2
- Site Area: 80,000 ft2
- Capacity: 4000 Occupants
- Storeys: 11
- Foster + Partners team: Norman Foster, David Nelson, Spencer de Grey, Mike Jelliffe, Rob Hall, David Rosenberg, John McCulley, Brandon Buck, Upesh Dhanji, Francesca Venturoni, Puikie Wu, Alessandro Baccari, Paul Smith, Susanne Bauer
- Structural Engineers: Arup
- Services: Grontmij
- Landscape Architect: Robert Townshend
Thursday, March 27th, 2014
Article source: MVRDV
GAW Capital and MVRDV have started construction on the Cheung Fai building in Hong Kong which transforms a former warehouse into offices for creative companies. The building with a surface of 18.000 m² is situated at Kwun Tong waterfront in Hong Kong’s new designated business area of East Kowloon. The transformation aims to create a luxurious loft style working environment by replacing everything but the primary concrete structure of the building with glass and stainless steel infill, exposing the building’s infrastructure. Completion is scheduled for September 2015.
Image Courtesy © MVRDV
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: Cheung Fai building
- Location: Hong Kong, China
Wednesday, March 26th, 2014
Article source: atelier rzlbd
Yellowtail Office is an intervention project rather than a cosmetic renovation. Situated in Thornhill, Ontario, the small 10’ x 30’ retail space was converted to a chic suite to be used as a mortgage broker office.
Image Courtesy © atelier rzlbd
- Architects: atelier rzlbd
- Project: Yellowtale Office
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Photography: atelier rzlbd
- Project team: Ehsan Zareian, Bahar Joshanpoosh, Lailee Soleimani
- Construction: Doreen Development
- Building Type: Office
- Area: 300 sqft
[10’ x 30’]
- Design: Fall 2013
- Completion: Winter 2014
Tuesday, March 25th, 2014
Article source: Spark Architects
SPARK wins the mixed-use category at the 24th annual Architectural Review MIPIM Future Project Awards 2014, which were conferred on 12 March in Cannes. The Vanke Jiugong project (Beijing) has been recognised for its intricate mixing of retail, leisure, entertainment, and office programmes, and for the strong urban connections and experiences it proposes through its inversion of the shopping mall typology.
Image Courtesy © Spark Architects
- Architects: Spark Architects
- Project: VANKE JIUGONG MIXED-USE DEVELOPMENT
- Location: Beijing, China
- Total GFA (sqm): 127,000sqm
- Project Director: Jan Felix Clostermann
- Team: Eldine Heep, Yang Hefeng, Lukas Maehr, Ben de Lange, Christian Taeubert, Phi Lu,Sua Song, Jimi Cheng, Wu Jianyun, Emer Loraine, Jacky Chang, Sebastian Loaiza
- Client: Vanke
Saturday, March 15th, 2014
Article source: Metropolis
This Office Building Project is located in a 2,255.98 m² terrain. The first and second floor is used as shops.
The main idea was to create an iconic building which uses the lighting as a way to give movement to the building.
The main facade is a black curtain wall with a Led system inside its structure so a vibrant effect could be created.
Image Courtesy © Metropolis
- Architects: Metropolis (Jose Orrego Herrea)
- Project: Building Omega
- Build area: 36,860.13 m²
- Office area: 14,523.93 m²
- Commercial area: 2,013.92 m²
- Cars: 464
Thursday, March 13th, 2014
Article source: SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS
The multidisciplinary team includes Sou Fujimoto Architects, Nicolas Laisné Associés, Manal Rachdi Oxo Architects, engineer André Verdier, environmental engineering agency Franck Boutté Consultants, landscaping team Bassinet Turquin, designer Lumière Studio, and inspection firm Socotec and Casso et Associés. It was picked to design the 10,000 m² mixed-use tower to accommodate a housing programme, restaurant, art gallery, panoramic bar and offices.
Image Courtesy © SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS + NICOLAS LAISNE ASSOCIES + MANAL RACHDI OXO ARCHITECTS
- Architects: SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS
- Project: L’Arbre Blanc (The White Tree)
- Location: Montpellier, France
- Photography: SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS, NICOLAS LAISNE ASSOCIES and MANAL RACHDI OXO ARCHITECTS
- TYPE: Closed competition
- ARCHITECT TEAMS: SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS + NICOLAS LAISNE ASSOCIES + MANAL RACHDI OXO ARCHITECTS
- DEVELOPMENT: PROMEO PATRIMOINE: Gilbert Ganivenq, Cyrill Meynadier, EVOLIS PROMOTION: Francis Lamazère, Alain Gillet
- SURFACE AREA: 10,225 m2
- STATUS: Winner
- STRUCTURAL ENGINEER: ANDRE VERDIER (Montpellier, France)
- DESIGN AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING: FRANK BOUTTÉ CONSULTANTS (Paris, France)
- LANDSCAPING: BASSINET TURQUIN PAYSAGE (Paris, France)
- LIGHTING DESIGNER: ODILE SOUDANT (Paris, France)
- INSPECTIONS: SOCOTEC (Montpellier, France), CASSO & ASSOCIES (Paris, France)
- PERSPECTIVE: RSI studio, Manal Rachdi Oxo architectes. Nicolas Laisné associés.
Wednesday, March 12th, 2014
Article source: CHIRAG N MULANI
Architecture for architects..Feel the nature & views from inside..Working places are seperately defined to downward level,so that places are undisturbed..Chief architect’s Office puts at high level which has awesome river view because architect has lot’s of work so his office should be refreshing and enjoyable at every moment..
Image Courtesy © CHIRAG N MULANI
- Architects: CHIRAG N MULANI (AR.CHIRAG MULANI)
- Project: Architect’s Office at Riverside
Sunday, March 9th, 2014
Article source: MANASC ISAAC ARCHITECTS
Eastgate Offices for Environment Canada (Eastgate) is an award-winning building that doubles as a healthy and sustainable office space and a 24/7, mission critical facility for Environment Canada.
Environment Canada’s important weather forecasting work made for a complex programme for the design team to navigate. Due to this programme, Eastgate required a great deal of electronics and equipment, as well as several mechanical redundancies, but make no mistake, the building is ultra sustainable. In fact, the federal government’s Public Works mandated that the building meets LEED® Gold standards!.
Image Courtesy © MANASC ISAAC ARCHITECTS
Thursday, March 6th, 2014
Article source: Terry & Terry Architecture
This project houses a growing graphic/product design office within an existing brick building located in the Jackson square historic district. The design requires the removal of all the existing interior structure while leaving the existing perimeter brick structure and original front facade intact.
Image Courtesy © Terry & Terry Architecture
Wednesday, March 5th, 2014
Article source: ROSSETTI
Nothing about these offices looks like your father’s bank. That was the intent when Quicken Loans purchased the Chase Tower, also known as the Qube, located in Detroit’s urban core. The historic 1960s building houses the firm’s young and growing workforce.
Image Courtesy © ROSSETTI
- Architects: ROSSETTI (Ian Shapiro)
- Project: Quicken Loans Qzine