Archive for the ‘Park’ Category
Friday, September 8th, 2017
Article source: Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos
There is a clear trend in leading cities worldwide towards urban transformation that is above all the result of social and demographic evolution, reconciling densities and land uses to trigger development.
“Parque Toreo” was designed as a mixed-use complex and as a prime example of this phenomenon of urbanization. The site is located in Naucalpan, State of Mexico, the most developed suburban area with significant commerce to the north of Mexico City. It measures 46,793.57 sqm and includes access to main roads such as: Periférico Norte, Río San Joaquín Avenue and Parque de Chapultepec Avenue.
Image Courtesy © Rafael Gamo
- Architects: Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos
- Project: Parque Toreo
- Location: Naucalpan, Mexico
- Photography: Rafael Gamo
- President: Javier Sordo Madaleno Bringas
- Architecture Leader: Javier Sordo Madaleno de Haro
- Project Leader: Jorge Isaías
- Client: Grupo Danhos
Friday, August 11th, 2017
Article source: Giancarlo Mazzanti
The aim for the project is to establish a project that enables the biggest amount of urban connections and the development of public spaces. To achieve this, there are several proposals such as enabling the roofing of the building as public space, empowering meeting places and developing viewing-points which overlook the city.
Image Courtesy © Sergio Gómez
- Architects: EL EQUIPO MAZZANTI (Andrés Sarmiento, Juan Manuel Gil, Fredy Pantoja, Camilo Mora, Ivan Ucros, Alejandro Piña, Pedro Saa, Gustavo Vásquez)
- Project: Leon de Grief Library Park
- Location: Medellin, Colombia
- Photography: Sergio Gómez
- Area: 6.800 m²
Sunday, July 23rd, 2017
Article source: JGMA
Design Studio JGMA Celebrates Pilsen’s Identity with the Creative Office Campus ‘Mural Park’
JGMA to rehab two vacant warehouse buildings in Chicago’s Pilsen community
Chicago, Illinois: Pilsen, in Chicago’s Lower West Side is well-known for its richness in culture and diversity as well as its abundant public art, particularly, lively murals. Chicago common brick façades have become canvases for local artists that frequently embody Mexican heritage and American dreams. To encourage the sustainable development of Pilsen by respecting the resident’s vision for their community, design studio JGMA, Condor Partners and Chicago Development Partners are collaborating with the National Museum of Mexican Art and community groups to create the innovative office campus ‘Mural Park’. Mural Park is designed to be an inclusive organic community accessible to existing local businesses, new economy users and more traditional flex-office users.
Image Courtesy © JGMA
- Architects: JGMA
- Project: Mural Park
- Location: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Tuesday, July 18th, 2017
Article source: Vincent Callebaut Architectures
SCENERY AND DESIGN PLAN: A PERMEABLE LANDSCAPING LINKING 4 CORES
What does the Han River represent today, and what could be its future?
In this early 21st century, Yeouido Park is an experimental urban space dedicated to sustainable development. The Government wishes to make it a bridgehead for innovation, combining the best of low-tech and high-tech while promoting the rehabilitation of urban ecosystems and biodiversity.
Image Courtesy © Vincent Callebaut Architectures
- Architects: Vincent Callebaut Architectures
- Project: MANTA RAY
- Location: Yeouido Han River Park between the Mapo Bridge and the Wonhyo Bridge, Seoul, South Korea
- Host & Order Institution: Seoul Metropolitan Government
- G.F.A. Spatial Planning: 25 600 m² = 9100 m² Ferry Terminal & Pier Deck + 8500 m² Yeoui Terrace + 8000 m² Cultural Complex
- Status: Masterplan & Concept
Wednesday, July 12th, 2017
Article source: WOWHAUS
The success of Pioneer, the summer cinema at Gorky Park, is triggering a wave of interest from Moscow’s other major parks, as memories of this once hugely popular form of outdoor entertainment revive.
A summer cinema opened in Fili Park (one of the city’s biggest public parks, stretching over 200 hectares along the Moscow River) in spring 2014. Uniquely, its design is fit for use in other places: the cinema has a ‘kit’ design that can be adapted to the needs of any particular park.
Image Courtesy © Ilya Ivanov
- Architects: WOWHAUS (Olga Rokal)
- Project: Summer cinema at Fili Park
- Location: Bolshaya Filyovskaya, 22, Moscow, Russia
- Photography: Ilya Ivanov
- Workshop leaders: Dmitry Likin, Oleg Shapiro
Sunday, July 9th, 2017
Article source: Kate Gould Gardens
City Living is a contemporary garden on several levels imagined in a typical urban apartment block. While these dwellings are often cold and slightly forbidding in appearance they could easily be transformed with the addition of attractive green outdoor spaces for residents use with comfortable and sheltered seating areas surrounded by appealing planting and tranquil water features.
Image Courtesy © Kate Gould Gardens
- Architects: Kate Gould Gardens
- Project: City Living Chelsea 2017 – Gold medal and Best in Fresh gardens in London
- Location: Chelsea, London
Tuesday, May 9th, 2017
Article source: CAZA
The Ningbo Haishu Waterfront district is an island, surrounded by water on all four sides, offering a unique topographical setting in which to reimagine urban life in 21stcentury China. Contemporary Chinese cities have entered a new era of 21st-century urbanism. Old strategies for developing new districts no longer work: cities cannot rely on instant buildings, and iconic projects no longer beget their own economies.
MAIN IMAGE, AERIAL VIEW NIGHT, Image Courtesy © CAZA
- Architects: CAZA
- Project: The Ningbo Haishu Waterfront
- Location: Ningbo, China
Sunday, April 16th, 2017
Article source: Mecanoo architecten
Keukenhof finally has a proper main entrance. Mecanoo designed an elegant gatehouse to welcome the large flows of, mainly international, visitors to the world famous gardens. A striking timber roof leans on two volumes, forming an impressive gateway to the park. The stepped roof structure of interwoven isosceles triangles provides shelter, whilst creating an ever-changing play of light and shadow.
Image Courtesy © Mecanoo architecten
Tuesday, April 4th, 2017
Article source: CCL Architects & Planners
Qingwan district is located at Penghu’s Fongguei Peninsula. Surrounded by sea, it is abundant in marine resources and natural wonders. The basaltic landscape, diverse vegetation, and forts remained from the military days make Qingwan the perfect place for tourism development.
Image Courtesy © LIN FU MING
- Architects: CCL Architects & Planners
- Project: Penghu Qingwan Cactus Park
- Location: Peng Hu, Qingtian Xian, Lishui Shi, Zhejiang Sheng, Taiwan
- Photography: LIN FU MING
- Software used: Autocad, SketchUp
- Design teams: CCL Architects & Planners + Co-Forest Environment Design Association
- Contributors: LIN CHI CHIN、CHANG CHIEN LUNG CHIN、JIANG CHANG LIN、CHANG TSUNG JUI、KUNG CHENG TA、SHIH YU SHIN
- Client: Penghu County Government
- Area: 1,716㎡
- Max. Height: 9.5 m
- Completion date: August 2015
Tuesday, April 4th, 2017
Article source:GARDERA-D Architectur
The project AZALA, delivered in June 2015 in association with the architecture agency Philippe Pastre, takes place on a site of 1900 m2 in Biarritz, France.
With 1900 m2, and encircled by roads, the site adopts a very particular form of a drop of water, in result of the urban layout surrounding it. Located on the edge of an intercommunal highway, strategically positioned at a crossroads, it constitutes a true entrance of the city, leading to the future Joint Development Area of Kleber in Biarritz.
The project brings all together, in a semi-buried 52-seat car park, several entities with a tertiary vocation:
Image Courtesy © Mathieu Choiselat