Archive for the ‘Pavilion’ Category
Saturday, June 11th, 2016
Article source: Studioninedots
FabCity pavilion designed around a campfire to welcome and encourage storytellers.
This spring, the city of Amsterdam is host to the European Union. On the Marineterrein politicians discuss and decide on Europe’s future, under bright artificial light, with cameras and microphones registering each and every word.
Image Courtesy © Peter Cuypers
- Architects: Studioninedots
- Project: The TrueTalker trigger – pavilion
- Location: FabCity, Java Island, Amsterdam
- Photography: Peter Cuypers
- Commissioner: joint project
- Design team: Studioninedots
- Partners: StoneCycling, SBB Smit’s Bouwbedrijf B.V., IC Netherlands B.V., St. Joris Keramische Industrie, Saint-Gobain Weber Beamix B.V., Amsterdam Academy of Architecture, FabCity
- On show: Until 26 June 2016
Saturday, May 28th, 2016
Article source: LATITUDE
LATITUDE was commissioned by Beijing Financial Street Mall in collaboration with Better Homes And Gardens magazine to design a pavilion capable of holding outdoor spring-themed cultural activities.
Image Courtesy © LATITUDE, Better Homes and Gardens
- Architects: LATITUDE
- Project: Spring Pavilion
- Location: Beijing, China
- Photography: LATITUDE, Better Homes and Gardens
- Client: Beijing Financial Street Mall
- Principal Architect: Manuel N. Zornoza
- Team: Andrea Ramos Rodriguez, Zhang Wen
- Budget: 35,000€
- Year: 2016
Wednesday, May 18th, 2016
Article source: Jantzen studio
The Picnic Pavilion is a functional art structure designed to provide a very special place in which to have a picnic. It is made of sustainable grown painted wood and is approximately 12 feet wide, 12 feet long, and 14 feet tall. Its shape was derived from multiplying and shifting five entryway silhouettes from each of the four entryways, up into vertical canopies. Four separate square platforms surround the floor of the pavilion. A circular table and bench are mounted on top of the center floor, and a disc shaped lamp is hung from the ceiling at the center. The Picnic Pavilion can be installed almost anywhere with a minimal foundation.
Image Courtesy © jantzen studio
Sunday, May 15th, 2016
Article source: La Biennale di Venezia
The Korean Pavilion at the 15th International Architecture Exhibition – La Biennale di Venezia will present The FAR Game: Constraints Sparking Creativity. FAR (Floor Area Ratio) refers to the ratio of a building’s total floor area to the size of the piece of land upon which it is built. The FAR Game, curated by Sung Hong Kim and presented by Arts Council Korea, will explore the challenges and achievements of contemporary Korean architecture, under these regulatory constraints, and will illustrate the struggle of architects in Seoul who strive to improve the residents’ quality of life by utilising space effectively.
Image Courtesy © La Biennale di Venezia
Tuesday, May 10th, 2016
Article source: PLANT Architect Inc.
The new pavilions at East Point Park Bird Sanctuary use architecture as a means of framing one of Toronto’s most beautiful parks, while enhancing the pleasures of birding for visitors of all ages and levels of experience. Folded into angular shapes evocative of flight, sheets of laser-cut weathering steel form the pavilions for this wooded park on the Scarborough Bluffs, high above Lake Ontario. The materials palette, which also includes precast and cast-in-place concrete and galvanized grating, was chosen for durability and minimal environmental impact. The completed Phase One encompasses the Viewing Pavilion, a Bird Blind, and entry signage.
Facing northwest toward the Viewing Pavilion, Image Courtesy © Steven Evans Photography
- Architects: PLANT Architect Inc.
- Project: East Point Park Bird Sanctuary Pavilions
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Photography: Steven Evans Photography
- Software used: Vectorworks
- Client: City of Toronto
- PLANT Architect Inc. Design Team: Mary Tremain, Lauren Barhydt, Jason van der Burg, Lisa Rapoport, Chris Pommer, Jeremy McGregor
- Structural: Blackwell
- Quantity Surveyor: A.W. Hooker Associates Ltd.
- General Contractor: Hawkins Contracting Services Inc.
- Steel Work: Iron Bridge Fabrication Inc.
Friday, May 6th, 2016
Article source: Dellekamp Arquitectos
Dellekamp Arquitectos were finalists in the competition for the FCA, a project organized by the Government of Mexico City.
Image Courtesy © Dellekamp Arquitectos
- Architects: Dellekamp Arquitectos (Derek Dellekamp + Jachen Schleich)
- Project: FCA Pavilion
- Location: Ciudad de Mexico DF, Mexico
- Dellekamp Team: Antoine Vaxelaire, Eduardo Zizumbo, Valentina Sánchez, Carolina Andrade, Alejandra Roca, Javier Ramírez, Diego García, Laura Alonso
Wednesday, May 4th, 2016
Article source: Lake|Flato Architects
The Josey Pavilion is a multi-functional education and meeting center that supports the mission of the Dixon Water Foundation to promote healthy watersheds through sustainable land management. Traditionally livestock has caused more harm than good by overgrazing and not allowing our native prairies to play their important role in habitat and watershed protection, and carbon sequestration. The Josey Pavilion facilitates a deeper understanding of how grazing livestock as well as the built environment can work to do more good than harm.
Image Courtesy © Casey Dunn
- Architects: Lake|Flato Architects
- Project: The Dixon Water Foundation Josey Pavilion
- Location: 4528 County Road 398 Decatur Texas 76234, United States
- Photography: Casey Dunn, Dror Baldinger
- Project Owner: The Dixon Water Foundation
- Project Site Context/Setting: Rural
- Building or Project Gross Floor Area: 5,400 square feet
- Project Completion Date: January, 2014
- Total project cost at time of completion, land excluded: $1,800,000.00
Saturday, April 23rd, 2016
Article source: Davide Coluzzi DAZ architect
CONCEPT. The issue of freedom of expression is a very delicate one. There are still many states where freedom of expression is strictly prohibited and in others it is strongly controlled by authoritarian governments. The chart below explains the worldwide situation of freedom of expression and the oppression of this human right.
Image Courtesy © Davide Coluzzi DAZ architect
- Architects: Davide Coluzzi DAZ architect
- Project: AGORA’. Charlie Hebdo Portable Pavilion. competition
- Location: Paris, France
- Date: 2016
- Competition by Bee Breeders ─ Architecture Competition Organisers.
Thursday, April 21st, 2016
Article source: J. MAYER H. und Partner Architekten
MAYER H. and Partner, Architekten is proud to announce that we have won the competition for the new tram station in Freiburg, Germany. After presenting the project to the citizens of the City of Freiburg in March, completion is scheduled for approximately end 2018.
Image Courtesy © J. MAYER H. und Partner Architekten
- Architects: J. MAYER H. und Partner Architekten
- Project: PAVILLON AM RING
- Location: Platz am Siegesdenkmal / Friedrichring, Freiburg, Germany
- Client: Freiburger Stadtbau GmbH (FSB), Freiburg, Germany
- Partner in Charge: Jürgen Mayer H.
- Project Architect: Sebastian Finckh
- Project Team: Mi Na Bae, Fabrizio Silvano
- Competition Engineers:
- Structural and Building service engineer: Buro Happold, Berlin
- Lighting Concept: lichttransfer, Berlin
- Kitchen Engineer: IB Scherer, Darmstadt
- Building Physics: IB Santer, Duisburg
- Local Architect on site: Jürgen Moser Architekten, Lörrach
- Ground floor area: 250 m²
- Project: 2015-2016
- Completion: end 2018
- Software used: ArchiCad and Rhino
Wednesday, April 6th, 2016
Article source: ARCH.625
625 A Re vel ati on : 4 +5 +6 +7 +8 +9 +10 +11 +12 +13 +14 +15 +16 +17 +18 +19 +20 +21 +22 +23 +24 +25 +26 +27 +28 +29 +30 +31 +32 +33 +34 +35 = 625 5 : 8 = 0 .625 [ golden section ] light: MINIMAL 60 PRODUCT LINE of the company XAL Modern interpretation of the architecture of the 60’s. The pavilion for the reception includes Banquet hall for 20 persons and a separate hall with a kitchen island. MINOTTI stone as a Museum piece surrounded by glass .the monolithic reinforced materials.b. granite slabs, wood panels ash. with a total area of 350 m2 . Banquet hall with fireplace divided mine into 2 areas with a soft and dining room.
Image Courtesy © Ilya egorkin
- Architects: ARCH.625 (Sergey N A S E D K I N)
- Project: Lu x Pa vi liOn
- Photography: Ilya egorkin
- Glazing: SKIFREIM
- Implementation: 2013