Archive for the ‘Photoshop’ Category
Tuesday, January 16th, 2018
Article source: Gustavo Guimarães Architecture & Urbanism
Mão Esquerda Vintage is the new store from a well-known Portuguese vintage brand which sources high-quality clothes from all over the world.
This new project occupies the intimate 19-square-metre ground floor of an historic old building located in the centre of Porto. The space has been refurbished in a way that combines both the raw, traditional vibe of Porto city and a contemporary minimal aesthetic.
Image Courtesy © Gustavo Guimarães Architecture & Urbanism
Thursday, January 4th, 2018
Article source: Lillo Giglia Architecture
Named after its charmingly christened Moon Alley, the Vicolo Luna neighbourhood is an urban quarter on the edge of Favara’s town.
This project’s target is to toggle on urban and social regeneration dynamics, to the benefit of such complex network of old and new buildings, of public, private and venue spaces: squares, historical streets, alleyways, plazas, courtyards and gardens.
Image Courtesy © Salvatore & Lillo Giglia
- Architects: Lillo Giglia Architecture
- Project: QUID vicololuna
- Location: Sicily, Italy
- Photography: Salvatore & Lillo Giglia
- Software used: ArchiCAD, Autocad and Photoshop
- Clients: Quid
- Collaborators: Giorgio Parrino
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 1.500 mq circa
- Completion lear: 2016
Wednesday, December 27th, 2017
Article source: A Work of Substance
A Work of Substance was tasked to redesign and rebrand The Fleming Hotel, originally opened in 2006. A new take on the architecture, interior, products, and identity transformed The Fleming into a 66-room boutique hotel that is a true reflection of Hong Kong. Occupying a building from the 70s’, the hotel stands in Wan Chai close to Victoria Harbour front. The multilayered design concept draws inspiration from the location and history, leveraging Hong Kong’s maritime heritage and 70s’ industrial era to create a cultural, social and efficient character. One landmark that embodies these three elements is the Star Ferry — having connected people across the harbour for over a century, it is a piece of Hong Kong’s collective memory and identity. The Star Ferry, a unique and elegant icon of Hong Kong’s past and present, became the foundation for every design detail, including the custom designed furniture and lighting. Nostalgia is further evoked by colours and scents: Carmine reds and bottle greens — hues seen on the hull of Hong Kong’s ferries, fishing boats, delivery trucks, and temples —and apothecary-inspired toiletries and custom aroma of sandalwood and amber notes, to deliver an authentic sense of place.
Image Courtesy © Dennis Lo
- Architects: A Work of Substance
- Project: The Fleming Hotel
- Location: 41 Fleming Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
- Photography: Dennis Lo
- Software used: Autocad, SketchUp, Photoshop, 3dS Max, Rhino
- Construction Area: approx. 3382 m²
- Renovation timeline: 1 year
- Completion date: September 2017
Thursday, December 14th, 2017
Article source: v2com
The project is located in the centre Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK a former shipbuilding and manufacturing hub in the North East of England during the Industrial Revolution and is now a centre of business, arts and sciences.
Set within a grand Georgian building within the heart of the city centre, it stands as a corner stone for the cities Grainger market dating back to 1830s and is now a Grade I listed building.
View from Entrance, Image Courtesy © Try Andy
- Architects: Try Andy
- Project: The Novel Bookstore
- Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
- Software used: 3dS Max, Photoshop
Thursday, December 14th, 2017
Article source: v2com
The apartment occupies a top floor of a New York City, high-rise residential building located on the west side of Central Park, with beautiful views facing east over the park.
The idea for this project was born two or more decades ago when architect Yuuki Kitada visited the world’s highest waterfall, Angel Falls, in Canaima, Venezuela. It was an impressive experience that he wanted to express architecturally. Kitada repeated the drama of Angel Falls in the construction and materials in this New York apartment.
Living Room, Image Courtesy © Yuuki Kitada
- Architects: YUUKI KITADA ARCHITECT
- Project: S Residence
- Location: New York, USA
- Photography: Yuuki Kitada
- Software used: Autocad, 3dS Max, Photoshop
- General contractor: Zale Contracting
- Size: 300 sq m/3,200 sq ft
Friday, December 8th, 2017
Article source: Lab32 architecten
The villa is situated close to the waters of the Reeuwijkse Plassen in a dutch village consisting of not much more than a narrow through road lined predominantly by large, free-standing houses standing on ‘islands’ created by the drainage ditches of the former peatland.
The great attraction of this location lies in the vicinity of water and in the experience of this natural environment through the changing seasons. The villa’s completion represents the fulfilment of a long-held ambition of our clients, for whom a love of water has been an abiding theme of their lives.
Image Courtesy © Rene de Wit
- Architects: Lab32 architecten
- Project: G House
- Location: Reeuwijk, The Netherlands
- Photography: Rene de Wit
- Software used: Autocad, Autodesk, Revit, Photoshop
- Floor area: 650 m2
- Start: 2012
- Finished: 2015
Tuesday, December 5th, 2017
Article source: Joao Diniz Arquitetura
This small pavilion functions as a doorway to the design and architecture exhibition ‘Casa Cor MG 2015’ in Belo Horizonte, where ‘Brazilianity’ was the proposed theme.
‘Mineral Essence’ was the concept adopted where the rusted steel, a material that refers directly to the state of Minas Gerais’ siderurgyc activities, is used how it is provided bt the industry, on metal strips that defined the project the continuos plan conforming the surfaces of the floor, wall and ceiling.
Image Courtesy © Bel Diniz
- Architects: Joao Diniz Arquitetura
- Project: Pamp.Pavilion
- Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- Photography: Bel Diniz
- Software used: Autocad, SketchUp, Photoshop
- Accero Team: Fabio Adriano Pereira da Silva (coord.), Fábio Adriano Santos Silva, Tiago Matos, Alvaro Soares
- Constructed Area: 45,00 m2
Tuesday, November 14th, 2017
Article source: deFORMA Estudio Creativo
The project is focused on the transcription of the culture of the Mezcal, the one from Oaxaca mainly. With the intention of showing textures, colors and feelings, in a contemporary way, this is how the concept of this new place is achieved, a new home for Mezcal.
Image Courtesy © deFORMA Estudio Creativo
- Architects: deFORMA Estudio Creativo
- Project: La Mezcalteca Oaxaca
- Location: Oaxaca, Mexico
- Software used: SketchUp, Photoshop
Friday, November 10th, 2017
Article source: On Office
Tochal is a recreational place in Tehran that had remarkable development plan in recent years, thus the design of Cube Club was offered to us.
In this project we encountered with many challenges such as special design terms, client visions, financial and time constraints and special requirements of construction, after the mentioned items, opportunities and constraints becomes the main influential factors in design process.
Image Courtesy © Hamidreza Khansari and Zahra Behbahani
- Architects: On Office (Roozbeh Ghaemmaghami, Mehrad Habibi, Sahar Zargar, Gilava Roohipour, Zeinab Abedi, Saba Taghizadeh, Saeed Kabiri)
- Project: Cube Club
- Location: Tehran, Iran
- Photography: Hamidreza Khansari and Zahra Behbahani
- Software used: Autocad, 3dS Max, SketchUp, Photoshop
- Client: Sourena Naghikhani
- Civil Engineer: Behrooz Mirmiran
- Construcation Company: ATTP (Plateaux)
- Executive Manager: Mojtaba Tootoonchian
- Area: 1200 m2
- Year: 2017
Friday, November 10th, 2017
Article source: Joao Tiago Aguiar Arquitectos
Born in Lisbon – Portugal, in 1973.
Architecture Degree by Faculdade Arquitectura Universidade Técnica Lisboa in 1996.
Collaboration with van Sambeek & van Veen, Amsterdam, Holland, between years 1997 and 2000 and with Broadway Malyan, Portugal, from 2000 until 2004.
In 2004 establishes the office acarquitectos in partnership. In 2008, proceeds individually under the name João Tiago Aguiar, arquitectos. The office, located in the city centre of Lisbon, is mainly focused in the discipline of Architecture, counting already with a large number of built and ongoing projects.
Image Courtesy © FG + SG – Architecture Photography
- Architects: Joao Tiago Aguiar Arquitectos
- Project: Campo de Ourique IV Apartament
- Location: Lisbon, Portugal
- Photography: FG + SG – Architecture Photography
- Software used: Autocad, Photoshop
- Team: Ruben Mateus, André Silva, João Nery Morais, Rita Lemos, Laura Cettolin, Arianna Camozzi, Maria Sousa Otto, Ricardo Cruz, Renata Vieira
- Total built area (m2): 245m2
- Year of completion: 2016