Archive for the ‘Photoshop’ Category
Sunday, February 18th, 2018
Article source: Kjellgren Kaminsky Architecture
Kjellgren Kaminsky’s renovation and interior design of its own premises on Viktor Rydbergsgatan 14 in Gothenburg combines caution with bold approach. The office is housed in a 1917 listed shipowner’s villa, so all solutions are reversible and in harmony with the beautiful original decor. We have chosen a warm color scheme with soft and genuine materials that match the original wooden walls. From the main entrance you enter the office’s meeting room, a stepped seating area combined with the library. A large open space has been divided into smaller spaces using newly built meeting rooms and shelf walls. The office has been furnished with a large proportion of used and self-manufactured furniture. The work on BREEAM certification of the office is underway, which affects both the interior and the daily work.
Image Courtesy © Kjellgren Kaminsky Architecture
- Architects: Kjellgren Kaminsky Architecture
- Project: Kjellgren Kaminsky Hq
- Location: Göteborg, Sweden
- Photography: Kalle Sanner
- Software used: Autodesk, Autocad, Illustrator, InDesign
Monday, February 5th, 2018
Article source: LDA.iMdA architetti associati
The project aims to recover and integrate an old site, already used as an orphanage, built on a portion of a hilly area next to the old historical centre of San Miniato. The “CASA VERDE” project, so called because of his historically/social value (CASA / home / orphanage – VERDE / Green / built in a forest of holm oaks), is a search to find links:
Image Courtesy © Simone Bossi photographer
- Architects: LDA.iMdA architetti associati
- Project: Casa Verde young women’s care home for mental health problems
- Location: Via Aldo Moro 18, San Miniato, Pisa, Italy
- Photography: Simone Bossi photographer
- Software used: Autodesk, Autocad, Photoshop
- Client: IRCCS Stella Maris Foundation
- Design Team: LDA.iMdA architetti associati (Paolo Posarelli, Gianni Bellucci, Stefania Catastini, Massimiliano Settimelli, Alberto Canzoniero, Elena D’Andrea, Cristina Toni, Matteo Gallerini)
- Land Survey: Andrea Pozzuoli
- Building Structure Design: STUDIO TECNO srl, engineer Andrea Capecchi
- Electrical System Design: engineer Massimiliano Valeri
- Heating System Design: engineer Claudio Magni
- Safety On Site: STUDIO TECNO srl, Lorenzo Paterlini
- Costs: 3 925 787 euro
- Site area (plottage): 3800 sqm
- Building area (covered area): 1060 sqm
- Total floor area (gross area): 2530 sqm
- Completion date: December 2016
Tuesday, January 30th, 2018
Article source: KAZA INTERIOR DESIGN
The Kielce apartment was designed for two women: a mother and a daughter. It was to slip out of rigid stylistic etiquette and not necessarily blindly follow popular trends. Thanks to the imagination and skills of the designers, the interior exuding elegance, femininity and subtle beauty was created.
Image Courtesy © Anna Orłowska & Mateusz Lipiński
- Architects: KAZA INTERIOR DESIGN
- Project: Oasis of Femininity Apartment
- Location: Kielce, Poland
- Photography: Anna Orłowska & Mateusz Lipiński
- Software used: ArchiCAD, Artlantis, Photoshop, Canon EOS 5D mark II
- Square metrage: 90m²
Tuesday, January 16th, 2018
Article source: Gustavo Guimarães Architecture & Urbanism
Mão Esquerda Vintage is the new store from a well-known Portuguese vintage brand which sources high-quality clothes from all over the world.
This new project occupies the intimate 19-square-metre ground floor of an historic old building located in the centre of Porto. The space has been refurbished in a way that combines both the raw, traditional vibe of Porto city and a contemporary minimal aesthetic.
Image Courtesy © Gustavo Guimarães Architecture & Urbanism
Thursday, January 4th, 2018
Article source: Lillo Giglia Architecture
Named after its charmingly christened Moon Alley, the Vicolo Luna neighbourhood is an urban quarter on the edge of Favara’s town.
This project’s target is to toggle on urban and social regeneration dynamics, to the benefit of such complex network of old and new buildings, of public, private and venue spaces: squares, historical streets, alleyways, plazas, courtyards and gardens.
Image Courtesy © Salvatore & Lillo Giglia
- Architects: Lillo Giglia Architecture
- Project: QUID vicololuna
- Location: Sicily, Italy
- Photography: Salvatore & Lillo Giglia
- Software used: ArchiCAD, Autocad and Photoshop
- Clients: Quid
- Collaborators: Giorgio Parrino
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 1.500 mq circa
- Completion lear: 2016
Wednesday, December 27th, 2017
Article source: A Work of Substance
A Work of Substance was tasked to redesign and rebrand The Fleming Hotel, originally opened in 2006. A new take on the architecture, interior, products, and identity transformed The Fleming into a 66-room boutique hotel that is a true reflection of Hong Kong. Occupying a building from the 70s’, the hotel stands in Wan Chai close to Victoria Harbour front. The multilayered design concept draws inspiration from the location and history, leveraging Hong Kong’s maritime heritage and 70s’ industrial era to create a cultural, social and efficient character. One landmark that embodies these three elements is the Star Ferry — having connected people across the harbour for over a century, it is a piece of Hong Kong’s collective memory and identity. The Star Ferry, a unique and elegant icon of Hong Kong’s past and present, became the foundation for every design detail, including the custom designed furniture and lighting. Nostalgia is further evoked by colours and scents: Carmine reds and bottle greens — hues seen on the hull of Hong Kong’s ferries, fishing boats, delivery trucks, and temples —and apothecary-inspired toiletries and custom aroma of sandalwood and amber notes, to deliver an authentic sense of place.
Image Courtesy © Dennis Lo
- Architects: A Work of Substance
- Project: The Fleming Hotel
- Location: 41 Fleming Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
- Photography: Dennis Lo
- Software used: Autocad, SketchUp, Photoshop, 3dS Max, Rhino
- Construction Area: approx. 3382 m²
- Renovation timeline: 1 year
- Completion date: September 2017
Thursday, December 14th, 2017
Article source: v2com
The project is located in the centre Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK a former shipbuilding and manufacturing hub in the North East of England during the Industrial Revolution and is now a centre of business, arts and sciences.
Set within a grand Georgian building within the heart of the city centre, it stands as a corner stone for the cities Grainger market dating back to 1830s and is now a Grade I listed building.
View from Entrance, Image Courtesy © Try Andy
- Architects: Try Andy
- Project: The Novel Bookstore
- Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
- Software used: 3dS Max, Photoshop
Thursday, December 14th, 2017
Article source: v2com
The apartment occupies a top floor of a New York City, high-rise residential building located on the west side of Central Park, with beautiful views facing east over the park.
The idea for this project was born two or more decades ago when architect Yuuki Kitada visited the world’s highest waterfall, Angel Falls, in Canaima, Venezuela. It was an impressive experience that he wanted to express architecturally. Kitada repeated the drama of Angel Falls in the construction and materials in this New York apartment.
Living Room, Image Courtesy © Yuuki Kitada
- Architects: YUUKI KITADA ARCHITECT
- Project: S Residence
- Location: New York, USA
- Photography: Yuuki Kitada
- Software used: Autocad, 3dS Max, Photoshop
- General contractor: Zale Contracting
- Size: 300 sq m/3,200 sq ft
Friday, December 8th, 2017
Article source: Lab32 architecten
The villa is situated close to the waters of the Reeuwijkse Plassen in a dutch village consisting of not much more than a narrow through road lined predominantly by large, free-standing houses standing on ‘islands’ created by the drainage ditches of the former peatland.
The great attraction of this location lies in the vicinity of water and in the experience of this natural environment through the changing seasons. The villa’s completion represents the fulfilment of a long-held ambition of our clients, for whom a love of water has been an abiding theme of their lives.
Image Courtesy © Rene de Wit
- Architects: Lab32 architecten
- Project: G House
- Location: Reeuwijk, The Netherlands
- Photography: Rene de Wit
- Software used: Autocad, Autodesk, Revit, Photoshop
- Floor area: 650 m2
- Start: 2012
- Finished: 2015
Tuesday, December 5th, 2017
Article source: Joao Diniz Arquitetura
This small pavilion functions as a doorway to the design and architecture exhibition ‘Casa Cor MG 2015’ in Belo Horizonte, where ‘Brazilianity’ was the proposed theme.
‘Mineral Essence’ was the concept adopted where the rusted steel, a material that refers directly to the state of Minas Gerais’ siderurgyc activities, is used how it is provided bt the industry, on metal strips that defined the project the continuos plan conforming the surfaces of the floor, wall and ceiling.
Image Courtesy © Bel Diniz
- Architects: Joao Diniz Arquitetura
- Project: Pamp.Pavilion
- Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- Photography: Bel Diniz
- Software used: Autocad, SketchUp, Photoshop
- Accero Team: Fabio Adriano Pereira da Silva (coord.), Fábio Adriano Santos Silva, Tiago Matos, Alvaro Soares
- Constructed Area: 45,00 m2