Archive for the ‘Photoshop’ Category
Thursday, November 7th, 2013
Article source: CTRLZAK Art & Design Studio
iMUSEUM is an a new concept store located in the island of Mykonos which brings together historical replicas from various Greek archaeological museums. Milan based CTRLZAK studio is responsible for the entire design concept, which can be broken down to three main axes: stratification, excavation sites and museological representation.
Image Courtesy © Louisa Nikolaidou
- Architects: CTRLZAK Art & Design Studio
- Project: iMUSEUM
- Location: Mykonos, Greece
- Photography: Louisa Nikolaidou
- Interior, furniture & lighting design: CTRLZAK Art & Design Studio
- Graphic design and brand identity: Sereal Designers
- Construction and project supervision: A&M architects
- Consulting archaeologist: Sofia Bitsa
- Software used: Photoshop, Illustrator, Autocad & Rhino
Saturday, November 2nd, 2013
Article source: Mell Lawrence Architects
Commissioned by the Dallas Parks Department, this new shade structure bridges the gap between two groups of trees at a natural gathering place in the park. The composition of steel components abstract and mimic the surrounding trees to produce similar dappled shade.
Image Courtesy © Mell Lawrence Architects
- Architects: Mell Lawrence Architects
- Project: Cotillion Pavilion
- Location: Dallas, Texas, U.S.A
- Photography: Mell Lawrence Architects
- Office Project Team: Mell Lawrence, AIA, Elizabeth Baird
- Structural Design: Architectural Engineers Collaborative, Chuck Naeve, Rik Haden
- Contractor: RoeschCo Construction
- Landscape: Kimley Horn and Associates, Inc.
- Software used: Vectorworks, sketchup, Kerkythea, photoshop
Wednesday, October 30th, 2013
Article source: Architectus
The Queen Elizabeth II Courts of Law have opened to much acclaim. The building is a radical departure from traditional court design. It exhibits a high degree of transparency and lightness appropriate to the expression of contemporary justice and to its sub-tropical locale.
Image Courtesy © Architectus
- Architects: Architectus
- Project: Queen Elizabeth II Courts of Law
- Location: Brisbane, Australia
- Client: Department of Public Works, Queensland Government
- Approx. Value: $570m
- Floor Area: 64 000m2
- Completion: 2012
- Software used: REVIT, Autocad, Adobe Photoshop and Indesign
- 2013 AIA State Award
- Public Buildings Category
Friday, October 25th, 2013
Article source: 3GATTI ARCHITECTURE STUDIO
When I moved to from Rome to Shanghai I noticed many environmental differences. One was the fact that when I looked out the window here, it didn’t give me the same good feeling like it usually did in Rome. It was probably a combination of the grey buildings, the immortal grey sky and the fact you couldn’t open the window due to the outside air pollution.
Image Courtesy © 3GATTI ARCHITECTURE STUDIO
- Architects: 3GATTI ARCHITECTURE STUDIO
- Project: BUBBLE BUILDING
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Chief architect: Francesco Gatti
- Project manager: Dawa Pratten
- Collaborators: Essen Cai, Bogdan Chipara, Joanne Clark
- Client: YueGuang Investments (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
- Programme: offices, lobby, cafes, restaurants
- Total area: 8850 m²
- Design period: June 2013
- Materials: Reinforced concrete, steel, glass, antibacterial technical nylon
- Software used: Rhino, 3dsmax & Photoshop
Saturday, October 19th, 2013
Article source: EDSA
The richly textured landscape combined with the presence of a strong history and architectural language provides the inspiration for the planning and design of Luštica Bay Resort. With its dramatic setting, Luštica Bay Resort offers a variety of residential and hotel offerings.
Image Courtesy © EDSA
- Architects: EDSA
- Project: Lustica Bay Resort
- Location: Radovici, Montenegro
- Client: Lustica Development A.D.
- Scope: Master Planning and Detailed Design Services
- Scale: 440 Hectares.
- Software used: Sketch-up, Adobe Creative Suite programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign as well as AutoCAD Maps, Civil 3D, and Mcolor
Friday, October 18th, 2013
Article source: Sergio Mannino Studio
We are pleased to announce the opening of a new authentic Italian pizzeria, Susanna, located in the heart of Greenwich Village on Bleecker Street. Susanna was born from the dream of 3 Italian brothers who came to New York City to start a new life and who wanted to offer authentic Italian style thin crust pizza.
Image Courtesy © Sergio Mannino Studio
- Architects: Sergio Mannino Studio
- Project: Pizzeria Susanna
- Location: New York
- Software used: 3dsmax, AutoCad, illustrator and photoshop
Tuesday, October 15th, 2013
Article source: Mateo Arquitectura
In one corner of this great space, we lay out the main entrance to the tower block.
At the corner of the floor plan there is a triangle. The space is black but full of life, veined with colour.
One side of the triangle marks the border, the point of control. Another, annexed to it, offers an unusual view, slightly raised above the rest.
Image Courtesy © Adrià Goula
- Architects: Mateo Arquitectura
- Project: Unification of the entrances to the Banc Sabadell tower block
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Adrià Goula
- Author: Josep Lluís Mateo
- Client: Banc Sabadell Atlántico
- Design date: 2010
- Construction date: 2012-2013
- Surface area: 100 m2
- Structures: BOMA, Agustí Obiol
- Installations: Grupo JG
- Technical architect: Ignacio Herrera
- Software used: Autocad, 3D studio and Photoshop
Wednesday, October 9th, 2013
Article source: s.c. BLIPSZ s.r.l
The land dominates the context defining factors: the orientation of the houses, favorable for every day life is obviously towards South, yet the slope which offers the view of the town in the valley and the faraway mountains descends to the North. The project assumes this contradiction and organizes the living space around the South-West facing terrace up the slope; the terrace is partially shaded from East and West and its position is vaguely reminiscent of the traditional household, organized around the yard.
Image Courtesy © Bence MAKKAI
- Architects: s.c. BLIPSZ s.r.l
- Project: Hajdo house
- Location: Odorheiu Secuiesc, Romania
- Photography: Ákos KÚN, Bence MAKKAI, István BENEDEK, Arnold MACALIK
- Architecture, general planning: BLIPSZ + Atelier F.K.M., Cluj-Napoca / Kolozsvár / Klausenburg, Transylvania, RO
- Authors: István BENEDEK, Arnold MACALIK,
- Team: István PÁSZTOR
- Structure: s.c. Lamina s.r.l. (Jácint VIRÁG), Cluj-Napoca / Kolozsvár / Klausenburg, Transylvania, RO
- Installations: s.c. Profinstal s.r.l. (Vlad ANASTASIU), Cluj-Napoca, Transylvania, RO
- Execution: s.c. Octogon Invest s.r.l.
- Design, execution: 2008-2011
- Built area: 175 sqm
- Gross built area: 245 sqm
- Funding: private
- Budget: aprox. 150000EUR
- Software used: AutoCAD LT, SketchUP with Vray plug-in, Photoshop
Friday, October 4th, 2013
Article source: ON-A
In Taipei City, in an area in urban transformation and making facade to Tamsui’s river, we propose a 39-storey tower.
Its facade, a big structural mesh allows a large glass surface, so that all the rooms are connected with outside. On the perimeter of each floor projecting a green strip that helps user to distance the built boundary, thus providing a greater sense of security.
Image Courtesy © ON-A
- Architects: ON-A: “ in collaboration with SUMTECT”
- Project: LUXURY TOWER
- Location: TAIPEI, Taiwan
- Software used: Autocad, Rhinoceros, 3D StudioMax and Photoshop
Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
Article source: STUDIO3877
Studio3877 recently completed Matchbox 14th Street, a local bistro in the U Street neighborhood of Washington, DC. As the newest restaurant to join the Matchbox brand, the 8,500squarefoot historical space features three levels of dining, sustainable materials, an expansive custom bar, and platform seating. The space is a juxtaposition of old and new where the old structure meets some new interior elements.
Image Courtesy © Ronald Ngiam
- Architects: STUDIO3877
- Project: Matchbox 14th Street
- Location: Washington, DC , U.S.A
- Photography: Ronald Ngiam, Scott Suchman
- Interior Design and Architecture Firm: Studio3877, a DCbased multidisciplinary design and architecture studio
- Principals: David Tracz, AIA, LEED AP, BD+C, NCARB and David ShoveBrown, AIA, NCARB
- Owner: Matchbox Food Group
- Square Footage: 8,500 square feet
- Construction Start Date: May 2012
- Construction End Date: November 2012
- Opening: December 2012
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup and Photoshop