Archive for the ‘Photoshop’ Category
Wednesday, December 14th, 2011
Article source: Ström Architects
The site is located in Suffolk two miles inland from Aldeburgh, and lies within the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The site itself forms part of an overall land ownership of 2.5ha surrounded by agricultural land.
- Architect: Ström Architects
- Name of Project: Private House
- Location: Suffolk, UK
- CGI Visulisation: Peter Guthrie Visualisation
- Structural Engineer: Barton Engineers
- Client: Private
- Programme: Currently in Planning
- Construction: May 2012 – March 2013
- Materials: Corten cladding, dark-grey stained timber boarding
- Software used: VectorWorks, Photoshop, SketchUp, 3DS Max with various modeling plug-ins.
Tuesday, December 13th, 2011
Article source: GruppoFonArchitetti
Venice is an organic city, where the sea water goes in for six hours and goes out for six hours from the lagoon, which surrounds the city.. The saltwater is mixed with fresh water of the lagoon, creating a unique ecosystem, where, perhaps, against nature, man has built. In these green water, due to the life of the seabeds, everything is reflected, starting from the sky which provides colour variations throughout the day, seasons and weather conditions.
Image Courtesy Daniele Domenicali
- Architects: GruppoFonArchitetti
- Project: Colors on Water
- Location: Venice, old town centre, Italy
- Customer: EstCapital Group
- Project manager: GruppoFonArchitetti
- Structure project: Venice Plan Engineering
- Software used: ArchiCAD (to design the project) and Photoshop (to put the pieces together)
Tuesday, December 13th, 2011
Article source: Prokofyev Archigroup
Sports introduce a lot of emotions into our life. Strive for competitions and tournaments has been an integral part of the development of our civilization for a long time. This favored development of new and unique facilities, such as Coliseum, arenas and stadiums, each of them having its own style, form and purpose, able to accommodate many thousands of people. Modern types of sport have their own facilities. These are soccer, ice-hockey and Olympic stadiums, tennis courts, swimming pools, etc. Each city has one or several facilities like this. But they are disseminated across different places.
- Architect: Prokofyev Archigroup
- Name of Project: Sports tower
- Location: Bank of the Dnieper River in Ukraine
- Software used: 3DS Max and PhotoShop
Wednesday, December 7th, 2011
Article source: Design Initiatives
Our intention in the ThyssenKrupp Elevator Istanbul Disaster Prevention and Education Centre Competition is to organize a joyful, integral space where man reconciles with nature. In addition to animate forms we have manipulated the movement in order to induce the production of new urban opportunities.
- Architects: Design Initiatives
- Project: Istanbul Disaster Prevention and Education Centre
- Location: Istanbul, Turkey
- Type: culture
- Date: September, 2011
- Status: competition
- Client: ThyssenKrupp Elevator
- Area: 9,450 sq. m.
- Credits: Design Initiatives: Vlado Valkof – architect; Malgorzata Blasik, Minko Marinov, Anne Valkof, – designers; Peter Kochevski, Viki Raytcheva – rendering
- Software used: Maya with V-Ray rendering, Photoshop, AutoCAD
Friday, December 2nd, 2011
Article source: Kariouk Associates
To design a small, very private, four-season cottage
In this small, weekend and vacation retreat, the clients and their daughter seek to take refuge from the world. As such, the home is introverted; but the clients also desired that the house achieve a maximum connection to its beautiful, forested, lake-side site. Last, it is important to note that this home is built as a place the clients will keep for their entire lives and then pass on to their daughter; the clients, a couple each involved in art conservation, sought a home whose design would itself be conceived as a vessel for the conservation of the family memories that will unfold here.
Exterior Ravine (Image Courtesy Photolux Studios)
- Architects: Kariouk Associates
- Project: Hill-Maheux Cottage
- Location: Val-des-Monts, Quebec, Canada
- Project dates: 2006-2010
- General Contracter: Timber Wolf (Donald Thom)
- Structural Engineering: The Paterson Group (Zbig Kisilewicz)
- Curtain Wall Supplier: Verval Ltee (Charles-Armand Turpin)
- Geotechnical Consultant: The Paterson Group (Laird Stewart)
- Photography: Photolux Studios (Christian Lalonde)
- Software used: AutoCAD and PhotoShop
Tuesday, November 29th, 2011
Article source: Synarchitects
Challenged with a highly innovative plant, combining scientific research and modern production of concrete on an international standard, we have been asking ourselves to not only provide all tasks, but to add something special that makes this project shine out the typical factories.
The company XinAo is multitalented enterprise providing all kind of goods and services. A lot of their goals are satisfying families and supporting them in the daily tasks we all encounter. We took this as a perfect link to the subject concrete, providing us with the necessarities of our infrastructure. This ranges from bridges to houses to simple furniture. We took this liason of common goals to give the whole project a simple and for everyone coherent face, a ordinary house.
- Architect: Synarchitects
- Name of Project: XinAo Concrete Research Plant
- Location: Beijing, China
- Structural engineers: Synarchitects
- Client: Xin Ao
- Design team: Zou Yingxi, Gao Yang, Florian Baumgartner
- Credits: Synarchitects
- Software used: primarly Rhino and Sketchup initially; later on 3DS and the Adobe products for the finish.
Tuesday, November 29th, 2011
Article source: PUSHAK
Rich nature meets rich urbanity of Oslo’s new social hub.
When this new harbour area is fully developed the opening to the fjord will appear relatively narrow. PUSHAK proposes a new road north-south that turns and opens to the fjord. Three courts open towards – and frame – the view to the islands. The three water basins serve as a physical separation between the busy public spaces outside the courts, and the courtyard which only belongs to the residences. At the same time a tension is maintained between public and private: a glimpse into the lush dwelling yard, a look out on the city’s pulse. A number of pavilions add to the filtering between public and private, as well as creating a sunny wall to sit against for enjoying a cold drink on summer days.
Aerial View by MIR
- Architects: PUSHAK
- Project: Competition Entry for Bispevika Development
- Location: Bispevika, Oslo, Norway
- Software used: Autocad, SketchUp, Rhino, Photoshop and InDesign
Friday, November 25th, 2011
Article source: Hideki YOSHIMATSU+archipro architects
Glass Bridge as Haizuka Earthworks Projects, 1997~2007
This project is located at Haizuka dam construction area and as one of Haizuka Earthworks Projects*. We are commissioned from Mirasaka town, Hiroshima prefecture, Japan to design guardrail and pavement for the newly large bridge over the dam lake in collaboration with local people. As a result, we put over 190 sheets of glass panel(300×1800mm) to the outside of guardrail. Furthermore, collaborating with Japanese artist, Hiroshi Fuji, we design the glass panel as an Encyclopedia of living things in haizuka dam area. Therefore, “Glass bridge” is a project as landscape design, as a small museum, as a communication art, and as an architecture.
Images Courtesy Hiroshi Date
- Architect: Hideki YOSHIMATSU+archipro architects
- Name of Project: Glass Bridge / Life of Haizuka
- Location: Mirasaka, Miyoshi, Hiroshima, Japan
- Client: Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism
- Photo credit: Hiroshi Date, ABBKBB and archipro architects
- Software used: Vectorworks, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, formZ
Thursday, November 24th, 2011
Article source: Firma d.o.o.
Our proposal was directly influenced by the characteristics of the immediate surroundings of the plot. Through detailed site analysis, we concluded that the most important aspects of context are the landscape and the extreme impact of the rural environment. Therefore, the proposed residence for the elderly, apart from fulfilling all functional prerequisites, must be consistent with those surrounding features.
Nursing & Retiree Home
- Architects: Firma d.o.o.
- Project: Nursing & Retiree
- Location: Alava, Spain
- Software used: AutoCAD, 3dS Max and Adobe Photoshop
Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011
Article source: MA2
The design of the Two Towers in its inception is a series of manipulated manifolds that construct a dual vertical lattice with angled surfaces. The towers radiate vertically deriving from a multisided body, diamond shaped, molded, intended for diversity, complexity, and robustness in form. Elongated diamond bodies functions as a poly-operational structure that addresses flows of energy, circulation, dynamic composites, both aesthetically and material make up.
- Architect: MA2 – Michael Arellanes II
- Name of Project: Two Towers – Matrix Vertices
- Location: Shenzhen, China
- Software used: Maya for the 3D modeling, 3D Studio Max and photo shop for the renderings, AutoCAD for the drawings.