Archive for the ‘Photoshop’ Category
Tuesday, March 6th, 2012
Article source: Robert M. Cain
The FIRST modernist LEED Platinum residence in the Southeastern United States
The RainShine house is a two-story, 2800-square foot, three-bedroom, 3½-bath home located in Decatur, Georgia on a 1/3-acre infill lot. Homes in the surrounding single-family neighborhood are of mixed vintage and style ranging from the late 1920’s to present, Tudor cottage to post war saltbox to ranch. Located 1 ½ blocks from downtown Decatur, RainShine is in a very walkable neighborhood convenient to shopping, great restaurants, excellent transit options, many other community resources and a remarkable diversity of cultural opportunities.
- Architect: Robert M. Cain, Architect, AIA, LEED AP
- Name of Project: The RainShine House
- Location: Decatur, Georgia
- Owners: Chuck and Mary Bosserman
- Civil Engineer: Alexander Engineering, PC
- Contractor: Pinnacle Custom Builders, Inc.
- Software used: Archicad as the base CAD software. The perspectives were generated using Archicad’s Lightworks with the backgrounds added in Photoshop.
Sunday, March 4th, 2012
Article source: LETH & GORI
LETH & GORI’s competition entry for a Pilgrim Centre in Røldal creates a new building in close connection with the 13th century church. The Pilgrim Centre is a hub for experiencing Røldal’s unique history, nature and architecture. The Centre accommodates for pilgrims as well as spaces for the priest and church administration. The project encompasses semi covered urban spaces for events and activities connected to the Church and Pilgrim Centre.
- Architects: LETH & GORI
- Name of Project: Røldal Pilgrim Centre
- Location: Røldal, Norway
- Team: Karsten Gori, Uffe Leth, Annelie Asam, Arnaud Grenie and Sebastian Andersen
- Status: Competition entry
- Programme: Pilgrim Centre, exhibition, café, administration and plaza
- Floor area: 1.200m2
- Year: 2011
- Software used: We use AutoCAD LT for drawings, Rhino for 3D-modeling, Photoshop for renderings. And most importantly: Real [living] people for making scale models in cardboard and birch veneer.
Saturday, February 25th, 2012
Article source: gutiérrez-delafuente arquitectos
The Multipurpose Centre of the Valle de Salazar is an initiative of the Government of Navarra, framed within the Strategic Development Plan of the Pyrenees. It was designed to give the Valle a joint center for business and public facilities to centralize services to businesses and the community.
The functional aim is to host development infrastructure for the Valle de Salazar, including informational, social and administrative programs, as well as, the productive and commercial spaces that could reactivate the economic tissue in the region.
Exterior View (Images Courtesy Fernando Alda)
- Architect: gutiérrez-delafuente arquitectos – Natalia Gutiérrez Sánchez y Julio de la Fuente Martínez
- Name of project: Multipurpose Centre Valle de Salazar
- Location: Bussiness Park, Iciz (Gallués), Navarra, Spain
- Project and construction: 2010-2011
- Client: Navarra de Suelo Residencial, S.A. Gobierno de Navarra
- Photographs: Fernando Alda
- Software used: Autocad 2010 and Photoshop
Tuesday, February 21st, 2012
Article source: Fabio Capanni Workshop
The extension of the primary and secondary school in San Piero a Sieve is located very close to the city of Florence.
The building consists of 630 square meters of new surfaces that will host the laboratories, the dean’s office, the offices for the scholastic staff, and an auditorium that works as an all-purpose space. Rooms and the gym will still be in the old buildings, built during the Sixties, and the new construction had also to connect to them.
Image Courtesy Christian Richters, Fabio Capanni
- Architects: Fabio Capanni Workshop
- Project: Extension of primary-secondary school Stefanacci
- Location: Via Trifilò 2, San Piero a Sieve (Firenze)
- Project and supervision of works: Fabio Capanni, Claudio Marrocchi
- Collaborators: Daniele Buzzegoli, Stefano Servi
- Structures : Riccardo Papi
- Systems: Claudio Magni
- Customer: Municipality of San Piero a Sieve
- Builder: Edil F Due, Sacafati (SA)
- Chronology: 2004-2006: project, 2006-2008: realization
- Dimensional data: 1.300 mq lot surface, 630 mq building surface, 2.600 mc building volume
- Photography: Christian Richters, © Fabio Capanni
- Software used: AutoCAD, Rhinoceros, Maxwell, Photoshop, Primus, Microsoft Office
Saturday, February 18th, 2012
Article source: SMV Architects
The mountains, canyons, powerful rivers, waterfalls and lakes surrounded by rough rocks have turned into the cradle of the Armenian nation. Armenia, being the first to adopt Christianity as a state religion in 301 has taken its faith through centuries of adversities and temptations to our days. Armenia is a country that thanks to its literary works and masterpieces of art has enriched the world culture.
- Architects: SMV Architects
- Project: Hotel Armenia in Sochi for Winter Olimpic Games 2014
- Location: Armenia
- Project Team: Sargis Sardaryan, Ruzanna Mamyan, Ani Veranyan
- Software used: ArchiCAD, 3DMax, Adobe Photoshop
Saturday, February 11th, 2012
Article source: maxwan architects+urbanists
Magdeburg, founded upon the Elbe River, has a history of scientific innovation. The scheme takes the existing bland, but quite functional campus and adds a series of gathering spaces. These linked spaces continue eastward to form the framework for the future development of a tech center, while also connecting to the historic harbor and the riverfront. This forms a car free spine that brings together diverse users to mingle in a series of mixed use spaces. Additionally, new pathways complete a previously broken link in the green network of the city. The signature element along the spine is a covered public forum that resides adjacent to the pedestrian underpass and is topped by a cinema and conference center.
- Architect: maxwan architects+urbanists
- Name of Project: Magdeburg
- Location: Magdeburg, Germany
- Program: Commercial
- Client: City of Magdeburg
- Software used: Photoshop, Illustrator, 3DMax, Autocad.
Wednesday, February 8th, 2012
Article source: Casanova + Hernandez Architects
Ginkgo project combines art, technology and architecture to integrate a housing complex in the nature of the existing park located in front.
CONTEXT AND PROGRAM
The project is located near the natural park of Veluwe in the Netherlands with views over an old church and the central park of the small town.
The urban structure of Beekbergen, much like most small towns in the Netherlands, is composed mainly of large single family houses that are not affordable for young people or suitable for older people with mobility problems.
Image Courtesy Christian Richters
- Architects: Casanova + Hernandez Architects
- Project: Gingko Project
- Location: Beekbergen, The Netherlands
- PROGRAMME: 26 DWELLINGS: 18 APARTMENTS, 8 ROW HOUSING
- SURFACE: 4.100 M2
- DATE: 2007-
- MAIN ARCHITECTS: HELENA CASANOVA, JESUS HERNANDEZ
- MODELS: CASANOVA + HERNANDEZ ARCHITECTS
- COLLAGES AND DRAWINGS: CASANOVA + HERNANDEZ ARCHITECTS
- PHOTOGRAPHY: Christian Richters, John Lewis Marshall, Casanova + Hernandez architects
- Software used: Autcad LT and Photoshop
Friday, February 3rd, 2012
Article source: HartnessVision and YGS
New York City AIDS Memorial Park Competition
The combined site is experienced through the 2 ramped passageways, that begin and end at the same place but remain separate. “Health “– embodied by the verdant park, benches, and vegetation– surrounds “Infection”–symbolized by an isolated ramp. The two realities are visible to each other but separated by a glass enclosure.
- Architect: HartnessVision and YGS
- Name of Project: Melting Pot
- Location: New York City, USA
- Scope: NYC’s first AIDS memorial, creation of park
- Size: 18,000 sq ft
- Budget: $30Million
- Design Partners: Yael Getz-Schoen, AIA, LEED-AP
- Software used:
Plans, sections: sketchup
Modeling : Sketchup, 3DS Max
Rendering: 3DS Max
Post production: Photoshop, InDesign
Sunday, January 29th, 2012
Article source: Bunker Arquitectura
What happens when the concept of a project is reduced to a facade in the process of its development? Are purely aesthetic aims valid in architecture? Is façadism something worthwhile? Are we to become architectural dermatologists?
A client contacted us to design a hotel for corporate suites in Napoles, a residential neighborhood in Mexico City that has been rapidly converting to office use over the past few years. The plot was located across the street from the convention center of the World Trade Center, by far the busiest office building in the city. The suites were intended to accommodate businesspeople visiting the WTC and the year round expositions.
Image Courtesy Fabiola Menchelli
- Architects: Bunker Arquitectura
- Project: Filadelfia Corporate Suites
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Partners: Esteban Suarez (Founding Partner) and Sebastian Suarez (Partner)
- Project Leader: Diana Arroyo
- Project Team: Diana Arroyo, Ximena Muhlia, Ana Salcillo, Andrea Vazquezbracho, Jesús Romo Heredia, Jorge Núñez, Diego Jasso, Guillermo Bastián, Ana Hernández & Elizabeth Silíceo
- Collaborators: Jorge Arteaga & Zaida Montañana
- Structural Engineering: Juan Felipe Heredia
- Software used: Autocad, 3d Studio Max, Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop.
Friday, January 27th, 2012
Article source: Takehiko Nez Architects
The Japanese title “in kyo” is derived from a calm life apart from the active world for the rest of their days. Excessively ornamented mansions showing off surround the site in a rich green residential area. This modest house concealed its appearance in plant open to a neutral space such as a courtyard, a terrace, a garden, and the sidewalk between outdoor and indoor without steps.
Images Courtesy Takumi Ota
- Architect: Takehiko Nez Architects
- Name of Project: In Kyo
- Location: Kanagawa, Japan
- Status: Completed march 2010
- Structure: ASA
- Contractor: Daido Kogyo
- Image: @ Takumi Ota
- Site area: 501.43㎡
- Total floor area: 163.76㎡
- Software used: Vectorworks as CAD program, Illustrator and Photoshop as presentation program, and windows’ office as general programs mainly