Archive for the ‘Photoshop’ Category
Saturday, February 18th, 2012
Article source: SMV Architects
The mountains, canyons, powerful rivers, waterfalls and lakes surrounded by rough rocks have turned into the cradle of the Armenian nation. Armenia, being the first to adopt Christianity as a state religion in 301 has taken its faith through centuries of adversities and temptations to our days. Armenia is a country that thanks to its literary works and masterpieces of art has enriched the world culture.
- Architects: SMV Architects
- Project: Hotel Armenia in Sochi for Winter Olimpic Games 2014
- Location: Armenia
- Project Team: Sargis Sardaryan, Ruzanna Mamyan, Ani Veranyan
- Software used: ArchiCAD, 3DMax, Adobe Photoshop
Saturday, February 11th, 2012
Article source: maxwan architects+urbanists
Magdeburg, founded upon the Elbe River, has a history of scientific innovation. The scheme takes the existing bland, but quite functional campus and adds a series of gathering spaces. These linked spaces continue eastward to form the framework for the future development of a tech center, while also connecting to the historic harbor and the riverfront. This forms a car free spine that brings together diverse users to mingle in a series of mixed use spaces. Additionally, new pathways complete a previously broken link in the green network of the city. The signature element along the spine is a covered public forum that resides adjacent to the pedestrian underpass and is topped by a cinema and conference center.
- Architect: maxwan architects+urbanists
- Name of Project: Magdeburg
- Location: Magdeburg, Germany
- Program: Commercial
- Client: City of Magdeburg
- Software used: Photoshop, Illustrator, 3DMax, Autocad.
Wednesday, February 8th, 2012
Article source: Casanova + Hernandez Architects
Ginkgo project combines art, technology and architecture to integrate a housing complex in the nature of the existing park located in front.
CONTEXT AND PROGRAM
The project is located near the natural park of Veluwe in the Netherlands with views over an old church and the central park of the small town.
The urban structure of Beekbergen, much like most small towns in the Netherlands, is composed mainly of large single family houses that are not affordable for young people or suitable for older people with mobility problems.
Image Courtesy Christian Richters
- Architects: Casanova + Hernandez Architects
- Project: Gingko Project
- Location: Beekbergen, The Netherlands
- PROGRAMME: 26 DWELLINGS: 18 APARTMENTS, 8 ROW HOUSING
- SURFACE: 4.100 M2
- DATE: 2007-
- MAIN ARCHITECTS: HELENA CASANOVA, JESUS HERNANDEZ
- MODELS: CASANOVA + HERNANDEZ ARCHITECTS
- COLLAGES AND DRAWINGS: CASANOVA + HERNANDEZ ARCHITECTS
- PHOTOGRAPHY: Christian Richters, John Lewis Marshall, Casanova + Hernandez architects
- Software used: Autcad LT and Photoshop
Friday, February 3rd, 2012
Article source: HartnessVision and YGS
New York City AIDS Memorial Park Competition
The combined site is experienced through the 2 ramped passageways, that begin and end at the same place but remain separate. “Health “– embodied by the verdant park, benches, and vegetation– surrounds “Infection”–symbolized by an isolated ramp. The two realities are visible to each other but separated by a glass enclosure.
- Architect: HartnessVision and YGS
- Name of Project: Melting Pot
- Location: New York City, USA
- Scope: NYC’s first AIDS memorial, creation of park
- Size: 18,000 sq ft
- Budget: $30Million
- Design Partners: Yael Getz-Schoen, AIA, LEED-AP
- Software used:
Plans, sections: sketchup
Modeling : Sketchup, 3DS Max
Rendering: 3DS Max
Post production: Photoshop, InDesign
Sunday, January 29th, 2012
Article source: Bunker Arquitectura
What happens when the concept of a project is reduced to a facade in the process of its development? Are purely aesthetic aims valid in architecture? Is façadism something worthwhile? Are we to become architectural dermatologists?
A client contacted us to design a hotel for corporate suites in Napoles, a residential neighborhood in Mexico City that has been rapidly converting to office use over the past few years. The plot was located across the street from the convention center of the World Trade Center, by far the busiest office building in the city. The suites were intended to accommodate businesspeople visiting the WTC and the year round expositions.
Image Courtesy Fabiola Menchelli
- Architects: Bunker Arquitectura
- Project: Filadelfia Corporate Suites
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Partners: Esteban Suarez (Founding Partner) and Sebastian Suarez (Partner)
- Project Leader: Diana Arroyo
- Project Team: Diana Arroyo, Ximena Muhlia, Ana Salcillo, Andrea Vazquezbracho, Jesús Romo Heredia, Jorge Núñez, Diego Jasso, Guillermo Bastián, Ana Hernández & Elizabeth Silíceo
- Collaborators: Jorge Arteaga & Zaida Montañana
- Structural Engineering: Juan Felipe Heredia
- Software used: Autocad, 3d Studio Max, Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop.
Friday, January 27th, 2012
Article source: Takehiko Nez Architects
The Japanese title “in kyo” is derived from a calm life apart from the active world for the rest of their days. Excessively ornamented mansions showing off surround the site in a rich green residential area. This modest house concealed its appearance in plant open to a neutral space such as a courtyard, a terrace, a garden, and the sidewalk between outdoor and indoor without steps.
Images Courtesy Takumi Ota
- Architect: Takehiko Nez Architects
- Name of Project: In Kyo
- Location: Kanagawa, Japan
- Status: Completed march 2010
- Structure: ASA
- Contractor: Daido Kogyo
- Image: @ Takumi Ota
- Site area: 501.43㎡
- Total floor area: 163.76㎡
- Software used: Vectorworks as CAD program, Illustrator and Photoshop as presentation program, and windows’ office as general programs mainly
Tuesday, January 24th, 2012
Article source: KSP Juergen Engel Architekten
KSP Jürgen Engel Architekten International has won the international competition entitled “Blue Sky Building Project” for the Air China headquarters in the major west Chinese city Chengdu. With its design for the high-rise, the international team from Frankfurt/Main and Beijing headed by Johannes Reinsch, Managing Director of KSP Jürgen Engel Architekten International GmbH, saw off five other entries. The office boasts a gross surface area (GSA) of 124,000 m² and offers space for a total of 5,470 workspaces. The fact that the high-rise design should serve as a role model with regard to energy efficiency and sustainability is of major concern to the developer.
Nightview (Image Courtesy KSP Juergen Engel Architekten)
- Architects: KSP Juergen Engel Architekten
- Project: Air China Blue Sky Tower
- Location: Chengdu, China
- Developer: Air China
- GSA: in total 124,000 m², of which 24,000 underground
- Gross volume : 490,819 m³
- No. of storeys : 46
- Workspaces: approx. 5,470
- Parking spaces: 421
- Height of building: 180 m
- Competition: Nov. 2011, 1st prize, result announced Dec. 2011
- Software used: Autocad, Photoshop, Rhino, 3Dmax
Saturday, January 14th, 2012
Article source: Christopher Simmonds Architect Inc.
Juxtaposed volumes define the exterior appearance of this modern home while interweaving spacial volumes define the expansive interior. A generous transparency floods the living spaces with natural light and connects the home with compact yet effective outdoor living spaces.
Front view (Image Courtesy Peter Fritz)
- Architects: Christopher Simmonds Architect Inc.
- Project: Fraser Residence
- Location: Westboro Village, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Project Type: Urban Infill – Single Family Home
- Completion Date: January 2011
- Photography: Peter Fritz Photography
- Software used: Sketchup, AutoCAD 2009, Photoshop
Tuesday, January 10th, 2012
Article source: Emmanuel Combarel Dominique Marrec architectes
Contribute to a new polarity in the landscape
Located across from the St. Etienne station on the Esplanade de France, the influence of the intervention at the heart of the BIA Châteaucreux Is A Link Between Neighborhoods and horizon lines, a low point in the Topography of St. Etienne in front of a preferred route to the city center. Combined with the scale of the project and the symbolic value of the program, This unique location Gives the project has special status in the building of the city.
- Architect: Emmanuel Combarel Dominique Marrec architectes
- Name of Project: ZAC Chateaucreux
- Location: Saint-Etienne, France
- Program: construction of a property consisting of housing, offices, hotels and shops
- Owner: Vinci Immobilier, Cardinal Group
- Project Manager: ECDM
- Area: 30,000 sq.m.
- Delivery: 2014
- Sofwtare used: Photoshop for the images, for plans, Autocad.
Sunday, January 8th, 2012
Article source: Gwynne Pugh Urban Studio
Client: CAPSLO focuses on helping residents of San Luis Obispo County achieve economic self-sufficiency. The organization aids its participants in securing employment, maintaining adequate housing, receiving medical services, and providing childcare. CAPSLO offers its services to 43,000 people across San Luis Obispo County and nine other central and southern California counties nine other central and southern California counties.
- Architects: Gwynne Pugh Urban Studio
- Project: CAPSLO Homeless Services Center
- Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
- Client: Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County, Inc. (CAPSLO)
- Size: 26,000 square feet building + 26,000 square feet outdoor space
- Software used: AutoCAD, Rhino, Photoshop, 3D Studio MAX, Illustrator