Article source: X-TU architects
Given the reduced program size and the location of the land parcel, the idea was to insert most of the program elements in a high vertical volume. Which set on a street angle will stand as an emblematic tower. The “special” elements of the program will have volumes of their own. They strain the composition from one end of the parcel to the other with glass walls. These spaces contain the ground floor and the first level and create a pedestal from where the rest of the masses stand on.
- Architects: X-TU architects – Anouk LEGENDRE + Nicolas DESMAZIERES
- Name of Project: Commissariat of Police France
- Location: Saint-Denis, Paris, France
- Team: Roel Dehoorne, Gaelle Leborgne, Melanie Bury and Ingrid Manger
- Client: Ministery of interior
- Situation: Saint-Denis, urban context