Archive for the ‘Renovation’ Category
Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017
Article source: LoCa Studio
Were the goals for this this full refurbishment in the Sants District in Barcelona.
This mid-century house with brick walls and a wooden and metal structure had to be fully renovated extracting layer over layer to restore natural materials at the same time lighten up the weight of three overlapping floors.
Image Courtesy © LoCa Studio
- Architects: LoCa Studio (Daniel Lorenzo, Carlota Casanova, Sonia Lamesa)
- Project: Sol Apartment
- Location: Sants, Barcelona, Spain
- Partners: Lorenzo Daniel, Casanova Carlota
- Gross Built Area: 70m2
- Completion Year: 2016
Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017
Article source: Daipu Architects
In recent years, our studio has been working on a series of renovation projects. This is a legacy phenomenon caused by the mass and fast production during the past 10-20 years in the construction industry, and it impels us to proactively reflect on and respond to the professional reality behind this phenomenon.
Image Courtesy © Qingshan Woo
- Architects: Daipu Architects
- Project: Anti-Domino No. 02 – Wood Mountain
- Location: Chongqing, China
- Photography: Qingshan Woo
- Client: 2 cups bar
- Director: Dai pu
- Project Architect: Melca Gong
- Design Team: Dai Pu，Melca Gong，Wen Shikun，Cao Hui， Zhan Yu，Caryn Chen
Sunday, August 20th, 2017
Article source: Jbmn Architectes
The renovation of this apartment seeks to exploit the high height available in this former artist studio located on the top floor of a Parisian building built at the beginning of the 20th century. Two mezzanines are arranged and face each other around a large central void. Stairs made of metal and solid wood, arranged symmetrically, give access to the rooms thus created. Large balustrades in fishing nets delimit the living area of the staircase. With the opening/closing of large internal shutters, the rooms can open on the central void or on the contrary isolate themselves, allowing a flexibility of uses.
Image Courtesy © Hermann Wendler
- Architects: jbmn architectes
- Project: Loft L
- Location: Paris, France
- Photography: Hermann Wendler
- Program: Refurbishment of a loft
- Status: Direct Order
- Team: Julien Boitard
- Area: 80 m²
- Year: 2014
Friday, August 18th, 2017
Article source: CCTN Architectural Design Co. Ltd
The winter Olympics Plaza locates at the northwest part of the original factory, to the south of Fushi Road, to the north of Xin’an Street. The show lake at the north and the Shijingshan Mountain at the west bring about splendid natural landscape.
Image Courtesy © Chen He
- Architects: CCTN Architectural Design Co. Ltd
- Project: 2022 The winter Olympics Plaza
- Location: Shougang Garden, Shijingshan Zone, Beijing
- Photography: Chen He
- Design team: Bo Hongtao, Jiang Ke, Zhu Jiang, Zhang Yang, Gao Wei, Wang Zeng
- Gross floor area (m2): 86500㎡
- Design year: 2016
Thursday, August 17th, 2017
Article source: Guilherme Machado Vaz
João’s House is a renovation project for a small house located in the old part of the city of Porto, close to the Douro River.
It is a traditional XIX century ground floor building with walls made with stone, and a wooden roof structure covered with tiles.
It was once used as a bakery that served the local population who were mostly fishermen.
Image Courtesy © Luís Ferreira Alves
- Architects: Guilherme Machado Vaz
- Project: João’s House
- Location: Porto, Portugal
- Photography: Luís Ferreira Alves
- Area: 179m2
- Completion year: 2017
Sunday, August 6th, 2017
Article source: Wutopia Lab
In 2006, house No. 1, house No. 2 and courtyard No. 3 were completed at the same time in Jiu Jian Tang, Shanghai, which were all designed by famous international architect Isozaki.
In 2011, the owners of these estates, unbeknownst to the others, invited local architect Yu Ting to transform them one by one.
Image Courtesy © Chen Yao, Su Shengliang
- Architects: Wutopia Lab (Yu Ting, Pu Shengrui)
- Project: Wuji Academy
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Photography: Chen Yao, Su Shengliang
- Height: 12m
- Site Area: 550 m2
- Building Area before Renovation: 450 m2
- Building Area after Renovation: 940 m2
- Design Period: 2011
- Construction Period: 2011-2012
Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017
Article source: UFo,(UFo Studio, Beijing Institute of Architectural Design)
Huadian Tianning Temple factory, also known as the second thermal power factory, assumed of the central city heating tasks since 1976. After the main generator unit shouted down in 2009, the factory Facing the challenge of changing itself to a new area and meet the needs of the city.
On the north and west side of the factory are the urban roads, and the roads inside the block are narrow and full of dead ends. On the east side of the factory is Tianning Temple, a well-known Buddhist holy site in Beijing.
south elevation and north plaza, Image Courtesy © Wang Xiangdong
- Architects: UFo,(UFo Studio, Beijing Institute of Architectural Design)
- Project: Renovation of Huadian Tianning Temple Factory (Phase 1)
- Location: Xicheng District, Beijing, China
- Photography: Wang Xiangdong
- Client: Huadian Power (Beijing) ThermoElectron Co., Ltd
- Discipline Chief: Liu yuguang, Li Jiaqi
- Project Architect: Shao weiping, Liu yuguang
- Structural Engineer: Ma jingyou
- MEP Consultant: Tian Jindong, Chen Jiujiu, Zhang Binbin, Li Fang, Pang Jing
- Lighting consultant: Cao Yujing
- Quantity surveyor: Zhang Guangyu
Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017
Article source: Central de Proyectos SCP
The project to reactivate the old Hacienda San Antonio Chable for a new hotel comprises the restoration and adaptation of the ancient buildings that make up the main settlement of the hacienda, as well as the open spaces, squares and gardens surrounding them. The hacienda, whose first records obtained date from the year 1813, began as a corn and livestock farm, and later as an henequen fiber production site.
Image Courtesy © Eduardo Calvo Santisbón
- Architects: Central de Proyectos SCP
- Project: Hacienda San Antonio Chablé Restoration for Chablé Resort
- Location: Choholá, Yucatan, Mexico
- Photography: Eduardo Calvo Santisbón
- Architects in charge: Arq. Ana Laura Puig Casares, Arq. Eduardo Calvo Santisbón, Engineer Luis Jorge Puig Espinosa
- Decoration: Paulina Morán
- Surface area: 50,000M2 (5 ha)
- Year: 2015
Sunday, July 23rd, 2017
Article source: tomomi kito architect & associates
This is an interior renovation project of an existing two-story timber structure house in Tokyo built approximately 40 years ago.
The client is a young couple, and the wife’s parents were living there before the renovation. The client decided to live with their parents in this house. Soon after, the wife’s grandmother who lives alone in the countryside – far from Tokyo – also decided to live together in this house. As such, the client requested to renovate the house suitable for accommodating 4 generations – the grandmother (1st generation), parents (2nd generation), the client (3rd generation), the client’s son (4th generation).
Image Courtesy © satoshi shigeta
- Architects: tomomi kito architect & associates (Tomomi Kito)
- Project: House for 4 Generations
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Photography: satoshi shigeta
- Software used: Vectorworks, Autocad
- Structural designer: Building Structure Institute
- Technical advisor: Yutaka Misawa
- Lighting advisor: Kanae Hagiwara
- Completion: April 2017
Sunday, July 16th, 2017
Article source: elisa valero arquitectura
This work is based on an initial project by Antonio Jiménez Torrecillas.
Three years after the arrival of the Dominicans to Huéscar 1544, they built their convent on the plot.
The convent complex had to be traced according to the models then in force for that class of buildings: a quadrangular organism with four wings around a central cloister and laterally attached church. Only one part was built.
Image Courtesy © Antonio Luis Martínez
- Architects: elisa valero arquitectura (Antonio Jiménez Torrecillas and Elisa Valero Ramos)
- Project: Rehabilitation of Convent of Santo Domingo for Exposition Hall
- Location: Huéscar, Spain
- Photography: Antonio Luis Martínez
- Building surveyors: Miguel Ángel Ramos Puertollano
- Collaborating architects: Zhou Xianjun and Leonardo Tapiz Buzarra
- Developer: Excmo. Ayuntamiento de Huéscar
- Constructor: Soyarte Construcciones S.L. Uni.
- Cost: 138.197 euros
- Constructed surface: 167 m2
- Project / work: November 2015 / December 2016