Archive for the ‘Renovation’ Category
Tuesday, April 3rd, 2018
Article source: PURE ARCHITECT CO., LTD.
DPlus Intertrade, an electronic accessory trading company in Thailand, aims to re-brand, to re-energize teams to move forward as family, and to renew employees’ quality of life through a renovation project.
Image Courtesy © Chaovarith Poonphol
- Architects: PURE ARCHITECT CO., LTD.
- Project: Dplus Intertrade Head Office
- Location: 123/21-22 Nonsi Rd., Chong Nonsi, Yannawa, Bangkok
- Photography: Chaovarith Poonphol
- Client: DPLUS INTERTRADE COMPANY LIMITED
- Structural Engineer: Teerayut Surasakchalothon
- Contractor: Perfect leaf decorate and construction co.,ltd
- Gross Built Area: (square meters or square foot): 1,600 sq.m.
- Completion Year: 2017
Tuesday, April 3rd, 2018
Article source: Tsutsumi and Associates
This is a building complex for an architectural material company that mainly deals with import carpet and domestic acoustic absorption material. We renovate and expand the existing building which has basement floor and 3 floors above the ground. Because of the difference of ground level, basement floor has open space on its south side, but on its north side it can’t get daylight. We need to carefully design the expanded volume so as not to block the daylight into the existing space. We studied a lot of models, like hollow volumes around central court or several separated volumes,and finally decided upon a simple box. In consequence, on the one hand its volume is just a simple box with a lot of randomly openings on its walls and roof, on the other hand the 4 scattered small courts make the plan complex. Because the openings of the small courts are restrained so that we feel it “inside”, but inside we can see trees and receive enough daylight from toplights so we feel it “outside”, of course the existing area also receive enough daylight. That is to say, the inside and outside are reversed, or those are merged.
Image Courtesy © Tsutsumi and Associates
- Architects: Tsutsumi and Associates
- Project: BMLZ Villa Office
- Location: Tongzhou District, Beijing, China
- Software used: Autocad, Vectorworks, sketch up, V-Ray
- Client: Bonus & Lambient
- Structural Design: Beijing Yanhuang International Architecture & Engineering Co.,Ltd.(Liansheng Bao, Yanhui Liu)
- Area: 740㎡
- Completion: 1st November 2017
Thursday, March 15th, 2018
Article source: velvet projects
The main premise of the project for the renovation of the Venta Melchor restaurant was to design a space that respected the original essence, mixing it with contemporary elements that would give it a more modern and cosmopolitan air.
Image Courtesy © Julio Gonzalez
- Architects: velvet projects
- Project: Restaurante Venta Melchor
- Location: Conil de la Frontera, Spain
- Photography: Julio Gonzalez
- Size: 180m2
- Date of Completion: june, 2017
Wednesday, March 14th, 2018
Article source: Aboim Inglez Arquitectos
The apartment, previously denominated as “the building’s caretaker apartment”, sits on top of six storey residential building, with two separate entrances.
Connected to the building’s two separate stair core, the apartment has two diametrically opposed entrances, joined by a long corridor and presents a highly comparted and disconnected spatial distribution.
Image Courtesy © Ricardo Gonçalves
- Architects: Aboim Inglez Arquitectos (Aboim Inglez)
- Project: Apartment Refurbishment
- Location: Rua do 4 de Infantaria, Lisboa, Portugal
- Photography: Ricardo Gonçalves
- Client: Montepio – Gestão de Activos Imobiliários, ACE
- Team: Tiago Ferreira, Rafaela Monteiro. Bárbara Vasconcelos
- Structural Engineer: M. Cabrita
- Services Engineer: 2h – Estudos e Projetos
Monday, March 12th, 2018
Article source: OOIIO Architecture
When we started to build this project we had no idea how was it going to end up looking. This has been a project designed day after day on site, solving problems, creating an intense teamwork together with the client and the builders.
Image Courtesy © OOIIO Architecture and josefotoinmo
- Architects: OOIIO Architecture
- Project: Refurbishment Former Haystack
- Location: Toledo, Spain
- Photography: OOIIO Architecture and josefotoinmo
- Team: Joaquín Millán Villamuelas, Natalia Garmendia Cobo, Milda Dudonyte, Pilar Bolaños Almeida.
- Area: 235 m2
- Project Year: 2016-2017
Sunday, March 11th, 2018
Article source: derksen|windt architecten
Our clients in Amsterdam gave us the opportunity to make a design for their home, do the elaboration and guide the project until completion. They live in a beautiful and popular antebellum residential block with a large courtyard garden, which is divided in private backyards. This spacious backyard provided the ideal opportunity to transform the already beautiful dwelling into a contemporary family house. We created a large entrance, many bedrooms, a large bathroom, and a beautiful, light-flooded, kitchen.
Image Courtesy © Studio de Nooyer and derksen|windt architecten
- Architects: derksen|windt architecten
- Project: Extension and renovation Amsterdam
- Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Photography: Studio de Nooyer and derksen|windt architecten
Friday, March 9th, 2018
Article source: EL STUDIO
This modest renovation resists the current inner-ring suburban trend towards demolition of older, smaller homes in favor of new over-scaled ‘farmhouses.’ The clients, a young family with two small children wanted more space for play and individual bedrooms but expressed a desire not to ‘lose one another’ in a home too vast or impersonal. Their one-story bungalow, a relic of the ﬁrst wave of suburban development in this area, has been expanded through the careful integration of appropriately scaled additional program and volume. The modest scale of the addition both responds to the client’s programmatic needs and limits the environmental footprint of the proposal. A carport and eﬀiciency apartment on the ﬁrst ﬂoor were removed to make way for a new addition containing a ﬁrst-ﬂoor playroom and a partial second story with side-by-side bedrooms for the children connected through a ‘Jack & Jill’ bathroom as well as a new Master Suite. The family room’s double-height volume binds all of the above and provides access to the garden beyond through a covered porch tucked under the Master Suite. Strategically placed south-facing roof apertures capture and direct daylight deep into the north-facing playroom and porch year-round, reducing the need for artiﬁcial lighting. New expansive windows frame views to a mature Japanese maple tree in the yard.
Image Courtesy © EL STUDIO
- Architects: EL STUDIO
- Project: Lincoln Street Residence
- Location: Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Friday, March 9th, 2018
Article source: Lautenbag Architectuur
Within a regeneration area in Gorredijk, The Netherlands, Lautenbag Architecture were commissioned to renovate and refurbish the existing façade of the Dutch Chain Store Hema and associated warehouse into eight individual apartments to complement the redevelopment of the surrounding areas.
Image Courtesy © Marcdefotograaf
- Architects: Lautenbag Architectuur
- Project: Hema Shop And Apartments
- Location: Gorredijk, The Netherlands
- Photography: Marcdefotograaf
- Area: 600 m2
- Year: 2016
Thursday, March 8th, 2018
Article source: ASPASIA TAKA architects creative lab
The renovation of Manassu beach bar and restaurant was designed by ASPASIA TAKA Architects Creative Lab in 2017. The freshness of the summer and the multifunctionality of the space were the main tasks for the redesign proposal of the famous beach bar, which lies at the Sithonia peninsula in Halkidiki. The design took into consideration the fully integrated into the sea site, thus the approach included use of natural materials and respect to nature. The concept is to create areas that embrace the guests so as to provide both relaxation and entertainment. The new amenities include a restaurant, a bar and multiple lounges that are located all around. Furthermore, changes in the ground levels optimized the different views from the bar to the sea. Moreover, the use of natural materials, such as stone and wood strengthen the connection to nature. Last but not least, a blend of textiles offers a variety of patterns and style.
Image Courtesy © Nikos Vavdinoudis – Christos Dimitriou / studiovd.gr
- Architects: ASPASIA TAKA architects creative lab
- Project: Manassu Beach Bar & Restaurant
- Location: Akti Oneirou, Halkidiki, Greece
- Photography: Nikos Vavdinoudis – Christos Dimitriou / studiovd.gr
- Client: Manassu Beach Bar & Restaurant
- Completion: 2017
Wednesday, March 7th, 2018
Article source: Best Practice Architecture & Design
Simply Measured, a Seattle-based marketing analytics company, sought to reinvent their existing work environment while satisfying their need to accommodate a growing development team and sales force. Located in the World Trade Center East Building along the waterfront in Seattle’s Belltown neighborhood. Recently named one of the “top 25 places to work in Seattle,” the client was interested in providing more informal, communal gathering spaces and work areas as well as traditional desk layouts to support their diverse staff.
Image Courtesy © Mark Woods
- Architects: Best Practice Architecture & Design
- Project: Simply Measured Offices
- Location: Seattle, Washington, USA
- Photography: Mark Woods
- Software used: Autocad, SketchUp
- Contractor: JMS Construction
- Building owner: Unico Properties
- Size: 20,000 square feet