Archive for the ‘Renovation’ Category
Thursday, October 27th, 2016
Article source: Raya Shankhwalker Architects
“Soro”, meaning alcoholic beverage in Konkani is a tavern conceptualised within the ruins of an old corner store. The corner store itself became the protagonist in the story of the bar; the design is centred around the concept of a 1940’s warehouse owned by a local dealer who traded in different merchandise. Thus retaining as much of the original structure as possible became pivotal.
Image Courtesy © Raya Shankhwalker Architects
Thursday, October 27th, 2016
Article source: Blitz Architecture + Interiors
Blitz’s project for Westport Capital Partners LLC (“Westport”) includes the complete renovation of two office buildings on the 150,000 SF Marina Landing campus in Brisbane, California, located just seven miles south of San Francisco. The goal of the building repositioning was to transform the location into a sought after creative office and campus strategic building.
Image Courtesy © Bruce Damonte
- Architects: Blitz Architecture + Interiors
- Project: Brisbane Renovation
- Location: 5000 and 7000 Marina Boulevard, Brisbane, California, USA
- Photography: Bruce Damonte
- Team: Seth Hanley, Principal-in-Charge & Project Architect
- Zach Meade: Lead Designer
- Tamara Roth: Technical Documentation
- John Hunter: Technical Documentation/Construction Administration
- Size: 165,000 SF
- Completion: May 2016
Tuesday, October 25th, 2016
Article source: Architecture Architecture
A stand of silver birches marks the place. Their trunks are white heat, tempered by pools of black. Everything here is light and shade. Taking cue from their slender friends, black downpipes score the white walls of the house, disappearing into the canopy above.
Approaching the threshold, the visitor is welcomed by pockets of shade nestled among protective brick walls. A large pivot window and a large pivot door throw themselves wide open, exposing the full throat of the house to the garden.
Image Courtesy © Peter Bennetts
- Architects: Architecture Architecture
- Project: THE KITE
- Location: Australia
- Photography: Peter Bennetts
- Project team: Michael Roper, Nick James, Anna Nguyen
- Builder: KLE Building Group
Sunday, October 23rd, 2016
Article source: Camille Hermand Architectures
This traditional 1900s family home in suburban in the Paris, was fully renovated by Camille Hermand Architectures to house a young professional family with adolescent children. Prior to renovations, the house hadn’t undergone any work in several decades. Home to three generations of the same family, the house was loosely divided into three separate apartments each with their own kitchen, but no indoor bathroom.
Image Courtesy © Jennifer Sath
- Architects: Camille Hermand Architectures
- Project: Renovation of a family home in suburban Paris
- Location: Suburban Paris, France
- Photography: Jennifer Sath
- Stylisme : Helena Amourdedieu
- Area: 200m2
- Year: 2015
Thursday, October 20th, 2016
Article source: WE architecture
Roskilde Campus is a new educational area for 1500 students within the fields of marketing, IT, and food engineering. The total project is 10.000m2 which includes renovation as well as 4000m2 new build. The new building contains educational areas, classrooms, canteen, production kitchen and administration.
The Campus will host various fields of education and the development of the project has taken a clear starting point in the needs of the individual fields of education. Three main concepts have been essential in the design process, “Community”, “Respect” and “Durability”.
Image Courtesy © WE architecture + Friis & Moltke
- Architects: WE architecture + Friis & Moltke
- Project: Erhvervsakademi Sjælland – Roskilde Campus
- Location: Roskilde, Denmark
- Software used: Rhino 3D using V-ray, Rhino (2D), Illustrator, Photoshop
- Client: Erhvervsakademiet Sjælland
- Engineers: Alectia
- Contractor: H. Skjøde Knudsen
- Team: Marc Jay, Julie Schmidt-Nielsen, Morten Breinholt Christensen, Kasper Munk, Corrado Galasso, Alexandra Ramos, Laura Ravier, Simon Skriver, Xinyuan Lin
- Size: 10.000 m2 restorations and 4000 m2 new building construction
- Budget: 172 million DKK
- Assignment: Invited competition / 1st Prize
- Status: Winner of competition, ongoing
Tuesday, October 18th, 2016
Article source: ELEVENstudio
The renovation of this 80-sqm-apartment located on the last floor of a traditional early 1900 English villa has used a very linear design as a frame for an eclectic mix of modern, ancient and ethnic details.
The designers found a space that had been strongly transformed during the last renovation made in the 80’s. Revisiting the stylistic choices made in order to lighten and de-materialize the existing structure, they tried to create back a dialogue with the traditional architecture.
Image Courtesy © ELEVENstudio
- Architects: ELEVENstudio
- Project: Rosen Penthouse
- Location: Bordighera, Italy
Tuesday, October 18th, 2016
Article source: COBE
Over the weekend the competition for the future development of Cologne’s harbour was settled. The mayor of Cologne, Henriette Reker, announced Danish architects COBE as winner of the competition. The project transforms the old industrial harbour into a lively and sustainable neighbourhood with a huge waterfall and a big public pool as the new landmark. The pool collects rainwater and waste heat from the district and becomes a new attraction in the city.
Image Courtesy © Beauty and the Bit
- Architects: COBE
- Project: Masterplan for transformation of Harbour Area in Cologne
- Location: Cologne, Germany
- Renderings: Beauty and the Bit
- Client: The City of Cologne and Moderne Stadt
- Engineer: Transsolar
- Water strategy: Atelier Dreiseitl
- Size: 500.000 m2 floor space
- Status: 1st prize in competition in September 2016
Sunday, October 9th, 2016
Article source: Sinato Inc.
This project is the renovation of a unit in a twenty-five year old apartment building for a married couple. We inserted a single wooden wall into the unit, which is already partitioned by the existing structural concrete walls. Passing from the entrance through the entire interior space, the wooden wall organizes a series of spaces along its length.
Image Courtesy © Takumi Ota
- Architects: Sinato Inc.
- Project: Tama N
- Location: Tama-shi, Tokyo, Japan
- Photography: Takumi Ota
- Designer: Chikara Ohno
- Construction: Yoshinaga Industrial
- Lighting: FDS
- Area: 80.73 m2
- Completion: 01/2012
Sunday, October 9th, 2016
Article source: Arend Groenewegen Architect
Tucked away in the country side town of Breda, the Netherlands, sits a renovated old ‘flemish barn’ converted into an office. Developed by dutch firm arend groenewegen architect, the structure takes the ingredients of the original architecture form which consists of the wooden construction, low black facade and large thatched roof; and transforms it into a functioning work space. When the owner decided to stop his livestock business, the use of the existing barn built in the 1800, originally used for storage of hay and equipment needed a new vision. The renovation of the structure was in breach of the applicable zoning where the plot was designated as an ‘agricultural building block. The municipality changed the purpose of the area allowing an office to function in the space.
Image Courtesy © Arend Groenewegen Architect
- Architects: Arend Groenewegen Architect
- Project: Flemish Barn Bolberg
- Location: Bavel, The Netherlands
- Constructed: 1800
- Renovated: 2009
- Surface: 280m2
Friday, October 7th, 2016
Article source: Girimun
The renovation of this established landmark shopping and commercial complex in Xujiahui will deliver a refreshing, fashionable and aspirational new destination to the city. At the heart of the concept is the integration of shopping and non-shopping spaces and experiences throughout the seven storey of the building. Our creative planning and design will turn this well recognised address of Shanghai into a stage of experimental new ways of enjoying shopping and free time echoing contemporary demands of the ever young and mind-changing clientele.
Image Courtesy © Girimun
- Architects: Girimun
- Project: Grand Gateway 66 Retail and Commercial Renovation
- Location: Shanghai, China