Archive for the ‘Research Station’ Category
Friday, September 29th, 2017
Article source: Ector Hoogstad Architecten
The Netherlands has an excellent reputation in the international world of science. Ector Hoogstad Architecten has won commissions to design many new buildings in Dutch universities and research institutes in recent years. DIFFER, the Dutch Institute for Fundamental Energy Research located on the campus of Eindhoven University of Technology, is the latest in the series. The building will be officially opened on 19 November.
Image Courtesy © Petra Appelhof
- Architects: Ector Hoogstad Architecten
- Project: Differ Eindhoven
- Location: De Zaale 20, 5612 AJ Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Photography: Petra Appelhof
- Client: FOM DIFFER
- Project team: Joost Ector, Max Pape, Koen Klijn, Ralph Sijstermans, Koert Hougee, Arja Hoogstad, Rena Logara, Joost vander Linden, Hetty Mommersteeg, Marco Verroen
- Construction management: Aronsohn raadgevende adviseurs
- Installation consultants: Deerns raadgevende adviseurs bv
Monday, September 4th, 2017
Article source: Bogle Architects
This international research and technology facility for high-powered laser experimentation is funded by The European Commission, the first of three research centres to be built within the EU.
Bogle Architects won the ELI Beamlines commission in international competition and were the lead designers of the project from concept design through to authorship review. ELI Beamlines won the ‘Best industrial & logistics development’ MIPIM Award 2016 as well as the coveted Czech Grand Prix Prize.
Image Courtesy © Filip Slapal
- Architects: Bogle Architects
- Project: Eli Beamlines
- Location: Dolní Břežany, Prague, The Czech Republic
- Photography: Filip Slapal
- Client: Fyzikální ústav Akademie věd ČR, v.v.i. Institute of Physics, Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic
- Contractor: MVO
- Civil Engineering: AED Project
- M&E: PBA International
Sunday, July 30th, 2017
Article source: MANGADO & ASOC.SL.
The building for the research center of the firm Norvento is located on the border between an industrial enclave and a forest, close to the city of Lugo. The project adopts the form that enables the building to open on to the forest and be in a continuum with it, capitalizing on all the attributes that the woods can contribute to the architecture, while closing up on the side facing the adjacent industrial scene. It uses the opportunity to establish a clear-cut scheme through architectural, typological, and spatial attributes.
Image Courtesy © Juan Rodríguez
- Architects: MANGADO & ASOC.SL.
- Project: Building for New Norvento Headquarter
- Location: Lugo, Spain
- Photography: Juan Rodríguez
- Client: NORVENTO ENERXIA S.L.
- Architect: Francisco Mangado
- Project manager: Francisco Mangado
- Architecture: Sergio Helguera, Jose M. Gastaldo, Luis Alves, Eduardo Ruiz, Angel Martinez, Paula Juango
- Structural engineering: IDI Ingenieros
- Energy-efficiency engineering: NORVENTO ENERXIA S.L.
- Energy concept: NORVENTO ENERXIA S.L.
Friday, June 16th, 2017
Article source: HKA | Hermann Kamte & Associates
The Lake Chad is dying and if nothing is done, it will belong to the past. It is important to understand, the Lake Chad is the home of first Men, and a worldwide patrimony which need to be preserve for the health and equilibrium of our planet. Hermann Kamte & Associates reveals their vision for the regeneration of the lake before its pronounced disappearance.
Image Courtesy © HKA | Hermann Kamte & Associates
- Architects: HKA | Hermann Kamte & Associates
- Project: The Forgotten – Dead Or Alive
- Location: Cameroonian
- Research: Humanitarian – Lake Chad Regenerattion
- Year: 2016 (December)
Sunday, May 14th, 2017
Article source: Dear Design studio
The new Creative Research Park of Barcelona is located in the Canòdrom, an emblematic rationalist building designed by the Catalan architect Antoni Bonet i Castellana in 1961, that used to work as a greyhound track.
After the building refurbishment in 2016, Dear Design Studio won the competition for the building’s interior design, and also proposed the corporate identity and signage design, to give the project greater coherence. The challenge was to adapt the facilities of the former greyhound stadium to its new function as a flexible and dynamic space for startups and technology companies in the creative and cultural industries. At the same time, Dear Design proposed to stimulate the neighbourhood by including technological interventions that reflect the processes developed in the building.
Image Courtesy © aitorestevez
- Architects: Dear Design studio
- Project: Canodròm, Creative Research Park
- Location: Carrer de la Riera d’Horta, 3, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: aitorestevez
- Client: Barcelona City Council
- Design: Dear Design
- Creative Director: Ignasi Llauradó
- Collaborators: Paulina Calcagno, Sebastián Pereira, Laia Freixes, Cristina Anglès, Fran Rodríguez.
- Graphic Design: Jordi Rins
- Surface Area: 2312m2
- Year: 2016
Tuesday, September 27th, 2016
Article source: ggarchitects
The project is born out of chef Quique Dacosta’s will to open to clients the creativity studio of his 3 Michelin stars restaurant, allowing people to have a gastronomic experience in the studio itself.
Because of Dacosta’s creativity and unconformity, what once started as a chef’s table ended up influencing the entire space. The influence was global, and all the knowledge, tools and techniques developed created new paths, new potential in two areas.
- The food design
- The restaurant’s lounge-kitchen area
Sliding systems and folding closures are used for the closets, Image Courtesy © Alfonso Calza
- Architects: ggarchitects
- Project: Creativity Studio
- Location: Denia, Alicante, Spain
- Photography: Alfonso Calza
- Client: Quique Dacosta Restaurant
- Design: Quique Dacosta, Jose Ramon Tramoyeres, Javier Cortina
- Project Architect: Maria Jose Mora
- Design Team: Adina Burlacu
- Builder: Ultrahogar
- Lighting: Carlos Tomás (Leds Workshop)
- Área: 22,65 m2
- Year: 2016
Thursday, October 8th, 2015
Article source: Malik Architecture
The act of research and discovery is essentially an intuitive function. This complex therefore explores those elements, that to my mind, foster and inspire intuitive thought, which is the core of the creative process.
Image Courtesy © Malik Architecture
- Architects: Malik Architecture
- Project: Lupin research Park
- Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
- Climate: Tropical wet and dry climate
- Site Area: 1,40,000 sq. ft.
- Architect in Charge: Kamal Malik
- Team: Ketan Chaudhary, Meghana Tipnis, Rajesh Parmar
- Engineers: Sterling (Structural), R L Dalal (contractor), Vikas Joshi (Electrical), Suhas Gangan (fire fighting & plumbing), Kamal Malik Architects (HVAC)
- Project Status: Completed in October-2001
Saturday, May 9th, 2015
Article source: Gerber Architekten
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum’s IC-Complex has undergone a two-year process of refurbishment, and is now a state-of-the-art research building. This complex of buildings now provides a space where around 5,000 students and scientists can study and research in a harmonious architectural environment that is technologically equipped to a high standard, and is ideally suited to its function.
The freshly renovated IC-Complex of Ruhr-University Bochum, Image Courtesy © Hans-Jürgen Landes
- Architects: Gerber Architekten
- Project: IC – Ruhr-Universität in Bochum
- Location: Bochum, Germany
- Photography: Hans-Jürgen Landes
- Design: 06/2009 – 02/2011
- Construction: 08/2011 – 09/2013
- Completion: 09/2013
- GFA: 52.300 m2
- Building costs: 80 million Euro
Saturday, July 26th, 2014
Article source: C’ arch architecture
The Pulau Banding Rainforest Research Centre is located in an environmentally sensitive area at the heart of the Belum-Temenggor Forest Complex. Conceived during a series consultations with various NGO’s, it represents a key element of the client’s commitment to sustainable development on the island.
Image Courtesy © 807Studio Sdn Bhd
- Architects: C’ arch architecture
- Project: Pulau Banding Rainforest Research Centre
- Location: Pulau Banding, 33200 Gerik, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia
- Photography: 807Studio Sdn Bhd
- Total Site Area: 8,888 sq. meter
Thursday, March 6th, 2014
Article source: Michael Jantzen
The Black Hole Research Center is a conceptual design proposal for a large, solar powered building designed to be located in a hot dry climate. It would be dedicated to the science of, and the research into black holes. The structure’s design is symbolically based on the image of a large black hole located in the center of a large spiral galaxy.
Image Courtesy © Michael Jantzen
- Architects: Michael Jantzen
- Project: The Black Hole Research Center
- Status: Unbuilt