Archive for the ‘Residential’ Category
Thursday, March 27th, 2014
Article source: a/LTA architectes
This \” city fragment \” is conceived as a durable space, open and porous lending itself to new forms of function. The creation of a central garden provides clear and open spaces with unobstructed views for residents or passers-by alike which gives a more fluid link between public and private space, breaking down any impression of isolation. The question of urban density and environment are distinctive elements represented in the development of the project.
Image Courtesy © a/LTA architectes
- Architects: a/LTA architectes
- Project: INTERGENERATIONAL RESIDENCE
- Location: Rennes, France
- Client: NEOTOA
- Date: Competition 2013 (1st Prize) / ON GOING
- Cost: 10.1 M€.
- Area: 8.350 M² (housing + activities + artit’s workshops)
- Project manager: A.Plantady
- Engineering: Ouest Structures + ALBDO + CDLP + Acoustibel + Desormeaux Paysagistes
- Performance: BBC, RT 2012
Thursday, March 27th, 2014
Article source: Nico van der Meulen Architects
House Boz situated on a hill within a secluded nature estate in Pretoria East was originally destined for a very different location on a hillside in Mafikeng. Boasting 180 degree views of the whole of Pretoria, this monumentally elevated site close to a hectare in size, boldly exhibits the latest architectural masterpiece by Nico van der Meulen Architects.
Image Courtesy © Barend Roberts, David Ross
- Architects: Nico van der Meulen Architects
- Project: House Boz
- Location: Pretoria, South Africa
- Photography: Barend Roberts and David Ross
- Designed by: Werner van der Meulen
- Residence size: 777 m²
Wednesday, March 26th, 2014
Article source: ALTS DESIGN OFFICE
This plan is a project of the small detached living residence toward a rural landscape. We were kept to a minimum in functionality and use the residence away. Because it because we wanted to create a space with the comfort and spread a small but.. Then, what we considered prepared a big opening like a veranda in the south side of the rural landscape, and directed calm space, and it brought comfort to space by using pure timber for an inside.
Image Courtesy © ALTS DESIGN OFFICE
- Architects: ALTS DESIGN OFFICE
- Project: Ritto House
- Location: Shiga, Japan
- Architects Member: Sumiou Mizumoto, Yoshitaka Kuga
- Construction: built of wood
- Number of stories: 1
- Gross area: 71.33 ㎡
- Completed date: 2014.3
Friday, March 21st, 2014
Article source: Henning Larsen Architects
The Aalborg waterfront will soon boast 251 new youth residences, which are currently under construction. The youth residences constitute a lively residential environment on one of the most attractive sites in Aalborg, emphasising the city’s development as it becomes one of Northern Europe’s most significant knowledge cities.
Image Courtesy © Henning Larsen Architects
Friday, March 21st, 2014
Article source: Forum Phi Architecture
The Missouri Heights Residence project began with an interesting client, an amazing site and a goal for the ultimate in eco-conscious architectural design. Built on a 36-acre lot with majestic views of the Roaring Fork Valley, the “Mountain Modern” home is strongly focused on energy efficiency. The property is south facing to maximize solar access.
With views to the south, this home takes advantage of natural vistas and solar access to responsibly open its living space, creating a real sense of indoor/ outdoor living., Image Courtesy © Brent Moss Photography
- Architects: Forum Phi Architecture
- Project: Missouri Heights Residence
- Location: Carbondale, CO, U.S.A
- Photography: Brent Moss Photography
- Software used: Archicad, Ecotect
Tuesday, March 18th, 2014
Article source: Söhne & Partner architects
The residential building in the 21st district of Vienna contains a total of 42 small apartments between 40 and 50m². Each has either a bright balcony or a private terrace. In the attic floor there are spacious apartments with associated large roof terraces.
While planning this building it was essential to reach an optimal exploitation of the officially permitted building volume. Common areas such as a spacious green courtyard including a modern children’s play area have loads of space available.
Image Courtesy © Söhne & Partner architects
Wednesday, March 12th, 2014
Article source: NG architects
The house is located in west of Lithuania, town called Taurage. residence will be located in newly designed area surrounded by forest and flatlands.
Image Courtesy © NG architects
- Architects: NG architects
- Project: NV residence
- Location: Lithuania
Tuesday, March 11th, 2014
Article source: atelier d’arquitectura j. a. lopes da costa
The project of this Residential Home consists of 60 bedrooms (of three different types) with areas for management and administrative services, staff facilities, living and activity areas, dining and service areas (kitchen, pantry, laundry and backing facilities), Health and Hydrotherapy areas and, finally, technical areas, storage rooms and garage.
Image Courtesy © Manuel Aguiar
- Architects: atelier d’arquitectura j. a. lopes da costa
- Project: Elderly Residential Building TORRE SENIOR
- Location: Santo Tirso, Portugal
- Photography: Manuel Aguiar
- Collaborators: Rita Gonçalves, Filipe Ribeiro
- Technical Specialties: Termoprojecto
- Project Date: 2007-2009
- Construction Date: 2009-2013
Tuesday, March 4th, 2014
Article source: MU Architecture
“La Grange”, the new residence of the “Terrasses Cap-à-l’Aigle” development, is situated in the magnificent Charlevoix region. Its architecture highlights the rugged charm of the site while framing the breathtaking views of the St. Lawrence River. Located atop a ridge and surrounded by the neighboring forest, this large house dominates the site with its two storey height.
Image Courtesy © Ulysse Lemerise Bouchard (YUL Photo)
- Architects: MU Architecture
- Project: Malbaie VIII Residence, La Grange
- Location: Quebec, Canada
- Photography: Ulysse Lemerise Bouchard (YUL Photo)
- Client : Florent Moser, Alain Rajotte
- Project team : Charles Côté, Jean-Sébastien Herr, Jean-Philippe Bellemare, Pierre-Alexandre Rhéaume, Sabrina Charbonneau.
- Structural Engineer: Chevrons Charlevoix
- Project completion date: August 2013
Saturday, March 1st, 2014
Article source: WOHA
Set amidst an enclave of black and white houses just off the prime Orchard/Scotts Road area, and against a verdant 20-hectare backdrop of greenery, the 210-unit Goodwood Residence is conceived on a macro scale as a breathing space – a rarity in high density urbanised Singapore – and an extension of the Goodwood Hill tree conservation area that it shares a boundary of 150m with. Articulated as two 12-storey L-shaped blocks, the 2.5-hectare development dialogues with the hill that it embraces and merges with in a language of openness and continuity made expressive by varying degrees of scale and privacy.
Lush greenery along site perimeter dissolves the building boundary and affords a green introduction to the development., Image Courtesy © Patrick Bingham-Hall
- Architects: WOHA
- Project: Goodwood Residence
- Location: Bukit Timah Road, Singapore
- Photography: Patrick Bingham-Hall
- Design Inception: Jun 2006
- Start of Piling: Mar 2008
- Start of Construction: 25 Jan 2010
- Completed (TOP): 28 Jun 2013
- Cost Piling Contract: $11,319,000
- Cost 1st Main Contract: $191,930,000
- Cost 2nd Main Contract: $55,000,000
- Plot Area: 24,844.7 sqm
- Gross Floor Area: 43,696.51sqm – include Bonus Balcony GFA (3,530.20sqm)
- Constructed Floor: include Incentive GFA (414.79sqm)
- Area Total Strata: 69,350.01sqm
- Area: 51,058.00sqm