Archive for the ‘Resort’ Category
Monday, March 19th, 2018
Article source: Zeno Pucci + Architects
The \”Torre di Baratti – Bio Resort & Restaurant\” is located in the enchanting Gulf of Baratti and enjoys a panoramic position of considerable prestige, with unique views and characteristics, right in the middle between sea and hills, at the foot of the ancient Etruscan village of Populonia . The site is immersed in an extraordinary countryside, a fertile land populated by beautiful olive groves with centuries-old trees of wild beauty, stone walls \”dry\” that rise in the blue sky, delimiting the vast fields creating here and there plots variables, flanked by important remains of Etruscan civilizations, and ancient lookout towers. It is a strong landscape full of signs and meaning, the one where the village of Baratti is born, a gulf of sea of rare beauty, which has maintained that genuine taste of home, and where stands the \”Torre di Baratti – Bio Resort & Restaurant\”, immersed in the colors and smells of the countryside, whose name comes from the particular type of building, born as an outpost watchtower.
Image Courtesy © Zeno Pucci+Architects
- Architects: Zeno Pucci+Architects
- Project: Torre di Baratti – Bio Resort & Restaurant
- Location: Baratti, Italy
Friday, February 9th, 2018
Article source: Ingenhoven Architects
Nestled in one of Europe’s most beautiful landscapes, the Lanserhof resort on the Tegernsee in Southern Bavaria offers 70 rooms and suites. Guests can enjoy preventative and regenerative treatments in this health resort. The Lanserhof combines luxury hotel facilities and state-of-the-art medical care under one roof.
Image Courtesy © Ingenhoven Architects
- Architects: Ingenhoven Architects
- Project: Lanserhof Tegernsee
- Location: Marienstein, Germany
- Client: Lanserhof Marienstein
- GFA: 21,000 sq m
- Execution: 2012 – 2014
Wednesday, January 31st, 2018
Article source: Johannes Torpe Studios
Captured by the mystique and mystery of the Icelandic landscape, where, according to local mythology, ‘invisible people’ and ‘half-men, half-trolls’ are believed to roam, Johannes Torpe Studios has designed a place of unparalleled harmony. The Red Mountain Resort is a proposal for a spa and wellness retreat that offers guests a sensory escape into the solitude and seclusion of the breath-taking Icelandic nature; a place that is earthly and otherworldly at the same time.
Image Courtesy © Johannes Torpe Studios
- Architects: Johannes Torpe Studios
- Project: The Red Mountain Resort
- Location: Iceland
- Client: Festir Ehf.
- Creative Direction: Johannes Torpe
- Project Leader: Kit Sand Ottsen
- Design Team: Rachel Jayne Mackay, Suguru Kobayashi, Edit Fodor Kjær, Nina Stephanie Jarulf, Beatrice Dinoia, Fabio Bellini, Bozena Patrycja Kunka, Manuel Ateca
- Hotel: 4650m2 (including 50 hotel rooms, total: 2400m2)
- Restaurant: 350m2
- Spa experience: 800m2
- Geothermal Lagoon: 1400m2
- Landscape: 140000m2
Thursday, January 25th, 2018
Article source: ENOTA
Tetusa Oasis Thermal Resort is an extensive wellness and medical facility set in the midst of low-rise housing area in coastal town Cesme in Turkey. In this well known leisure town with a long history of thermal water exploitation the decision was made to enrich the town’s offer with new central thermal complex including spa, water park, hotel, medical prevention center, elderly care facility and some other supporting programs.
Image Courtesy © ENOTA
- Architects: ENOTA
- Project: Tetusa Oasis Thermal Resort
- Location: Cesme, Turkey
- Client Tetusa Company
- Project team Dean Lah, Milan Tomac, Tjaž Bauer, Nuša Završnik Šilec, Zoran Beloševac, Polona Ruparčič, Peter Karba, Goran Djokić
- Year: 2015
Thursday, January 4th, 2018
Article source: 3andwich Design
Here is Anlong county in Southwest Guizhou province, where is the start point of Via ferrata in Anlong Limestone Resort. The destination of our journey is Limestone Gallery suspended on mountain top, a hundred meters above us.
Image Courtesy © Jin Weiqi
- Architects: 3andwich Design
- Project: Limestone Gallery
- Location: Dushan Town, Anlong County, Southwest Guizhou Autonomous Prefecture, Guizhou Province
- Photography: He Xiugen, Jin Weiqi, Yang Xiaohua
- Software used: SketchUp, Autocad
- Client: Anlong Heyun Tourism and Cultural Development Co.,Ltd
- Principal Architect: He Wei
- Design Team: Chen Long, Mi Jian, Sun Qi, Zhao Zhuoran, Song Ke, Wu Qiancheng, Wu Zhou, Li Wan
- Consultant: Nie Jian, Wang Bin
Sunday, November 19th, 2017
Article source: v2com
These guest rooms were designed as part of an annex to a membership resort hotel in Toba in Ise-Shima, where the 2016 G7 Summit was held. Arranged in an authentic Japanese style, the building is situated in a prime location overlooking the waters of Ise-Shima, with a traditional Japanese-style garden and a large pond that lends an impression of continuity to the sea. The interior was designed in a basic Japanese style that pursues new and modern expressions.
XIV Toba Bettei Guestroom-Type-S-01, Image Courtesy © Nacása & Partners Inc.
- Architects: NIKKEN SPACE DESIGN LTD
- Project: Private Resort XIV Toba Bettei
- Location: 212-8, Azanie, Arashima, Toba City, Mie, Japan, 517-0021
- Photography: Nacása & Partners Inc.
- Software used: Autocad
- Interior design: NIKKEN SPACE DESIGN LTD, Takeshi NAKANO・Nobuko SUZUKI・Masami SAWAMURA
- Client: Resorttrust, Inc.
- Surface: 8,722.41㎡
- Completion date: 27/3/2016
Friday, November 3rd, 2017
Article source: InterContinental Hotels Group
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG), one of the world’s leading hotel companies, proudly announces the opening of the InterContinental® Los Angeles Downtown hotel. As the tallest building west of Chicago, the InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown hotel forever elevates the Los Angeles skyline at 1,100 feet and 73 stories.
Image Courtesy © InterContinental Hotels Group
- Architects: InterContinental Hotels Group
- Project: The InterContinental(R) Los Angeles Downtown Hotel Elevates Luxury To New Heights
- Location: Los Angeles, California, USA
Sunday, October 29th, 2017
Article source: m12 AD
Dhermi, a quaint village in the south of Albania, halfway between the two nodal points of the national tourist flows, Valona and Saranda, will see in 2019 the birth of a new 5-star hotel, the Empire Resort Hotel, a modern structure that will add value to the hamlet, already famous for its green terraces and crystal clear waters.
Image Courtesy © m12 AD
- Architects: m12 AD
- Project: Empire Resort Hotel
- Location: Dhermi, Albania
- Software used: ArchiCAD
Wednesday, October 11th, 2017
Article source: YANG & ASSOCIATES GROUP
On the beach of Shimei Bay, known as the \”most beautiful\” beach in Hainan, there is a 4,000-year-old vatica mangachapoi forest community stretches along the coastline. It has been protected by the government from the Qing Dynasty Guangxu years, and is one of the world’s last three major coastal vatica mangachapoi forests. Covering nearly 120,000 square meters, Westin Shimei Bay Resort is located here. The unique geographical environment has been constantly providing design inspirations for YANG. “Exploring the Vatica mangachapoi Forest” is chosen as the theme in line with the Westin hotel’s natural leisure and vibrant brand positioning. Plants and natural distributions of water in the vatica mangachapoi forest are ingeniously move into the hotel lobby. Natural patches, trunks and other elements, extracted from vatica mangachapoi, are copied on screens, carpets, and walls.
Image Courtesy © YANG & ASSOCIATES GROUP
- Architects: YANG & ASSOCIATES GROUP
- Project: The Westin Shimei Bay Resort
- Location: No.1 Binhai Road, Shimei Bay Tourism District Wanning, Hainan, China
- Management Company: Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
- Chief Designers: Yang Bangsheng, Chen Anyun, Tian Shuai
- Area: Around 120,000㎡
- Opening Time: December 12th, 2016
Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017
Article source: Central de Proyectos SCP
The project to reactivate the old Hacienda San Antonio Chable for a new hotel comprises the restoration and adaptation of the ancient buildings that make up the main settlement of the hacienda, as well as the open spaces, squares and gardens surrounding them. The hacienda, whose first records obtained date from the year 1813, began as a corn and livestock farm, and later as an henequen fiber production site.
Image Courtesy © Eduardo Calvo Santisbón
- Architects: Central de Proyectos SCP
- Project: Hacienda San Antonio Chablé Restoration for Chablé Resort
- Location: Choholá, Yucatan, Mexico
- Photography: Eduardo Calvo Santisbón
- Architects in charge: Arq. Ana Laura Puig Casares, Arq. Eduardo Calvo Santisbón, Engineer Luis Jorge Puig Espinosa
- Decoration: Paulina Morán
- Surface area: 50,000M2 (5 ha)
- Year: 2015