Archive for the ‘Resort’ Category
Wednesday, October 19th, 2016
Article source: Absolut Custom Glass Systems
The brief from the client was to create a fresh, resort style family home.
Due to the warm climate, the extraordinary amount of sunny days on the Gold Coast and the property’s location on the regions Riviera it was important to spread as much of the living area to outside as possible. At the same time, it was just as important to blend the outdoor and the internal area together with the extensive use of toughened clear glass. Glass pool fencing helps to create a true resort style residence whilst not compromising on the intimacy that the owner should feel with their home. The house looks out over the waterway system that attracts so many people to the area, making it possible to park your car out the front of the house and have your boat docked in the backyard. The river system is a network of waterways that link the entire region together and, for most small boats, allows access to the ocean.
Image Courtesy © Absolut Custom Glass Systems
- Architects: Absolut Custom Glass Systems
- Project: Grant Place
- Location: Broadbeach Waters, Queensland, Australia
- Glass Layout & Design: Jason Walsh
- Builder: Adrian Hill Developments
- Building Design: Stuart Osmond
Sunday, October 9th, 2016
Article source: Sunshine PR
Stroll the one-mile beach of this 12-key 200 acre eco-resort, and what draws your gaze is an elliptical shaped bamboo wrapped platform hovering somewhere between the canopy of palms above and green shrubbery below. This perch is the beachfront bedroom of the 700sf bi-level treehouse suite.
Image Courtesy © Leonardo Palafox
- Architects: Deture Culsign
- Project: Treehouse Suite at Playa Viva Sustainable Boutique Hotel
- Location: Playa Icacos, Juluchuca, Guerrero, Mexico
- Photography: Leonardo Palafox, The Cubic Studio
- Owner: David Leventhal
- Management Company: Playa Viva S de RL de CV
- Total square footage: 700sf / 65 sqm
- Date project completed: October 2015
Sunday, August 14th, 2016
Article source: SAOTA
SAOTA’s design inspiration for Sindia eco-resort comes from the traditional architecture of the ‘fulbes’ – semi-nomadic shepherd people living in the savannah zone in Senegal. The proposed resort site is situated just outside the village of Sindia and from where its name originates. It is about 60km from Dakar.
Image Courtesy © SAOTA
- Architects: SAOTA
- Project: Sindia
- Location: Dakar, Senegal
Saturday, July 2nd, 2016
Article source: Matteo Thun & Partners
In harmony with nature, the family Longen cultivates the slopes of a Moselle Valley and can look back on a long tradition of generations.
Now they offer an idyll: an orchard – surrounded by orchards. On their property of 6.500 sqm the family provides its guests the most primary way of living that permits to enjoy the structures of a wine and fruit production, the setting of a village and to experience a life in harmony with nature.
Image Courtesy © Matteo Thun & Partners
Tuesday, June 28th, 2016
Article source: RYRA Studio
This ten-storey resort is located near Shemshak ski resort, the second largest ski resort in Iran and in only half an hour drive from the capital. In 2008, client requested architects to redesign a ski resort, a cozy and warm place for young people to relax in after skiing out in extremely cold weather. When the architects were brought on board to design the project, the base build had already been completed .The main structure and ceiling had been built in a classic cube shape, but the architects felt the rectangular shape was alien to the naturally sloping mountain formation.
Image Courtesy © Parham Taghioff & Mehdi kolahi
- Architects: RYRA Studio (Abbas Riahi Fard , Farinaz Razavi Nikoo)
- Project: BARIN SKI RESORT
- Location: Shemshak, Tehran, Iran
- Photography: Parham Taghioff, Mehdi kolahi
- Design Associates: Ashkan Bagheri Aghdam, Navid Nasrollahzadeh
- Project Associates: Yaser Karimian , Hamed Tabesh, Ali Aashouri, Mina Vakili, Morteza Rahbar, Mustafa Mohammadi, Amir Khademi
- Construction: RYRA Studio & Problem Co
- Supervisions: Abbas Riahi fard, Soroush Alipour, Hesam Raoofpanah, Ali Zarandi
- Structural Design: Kamran Edraki
- Mechanical & Electrical Consultant: Azmayesh and partners
- Area: 12000 sqm
- Project Year: 2011
Thursday, June 16th, 2016
Article source: v2com
Oppenheim Architecture, the award-winning architecture, interior design and planning firm, is honored to have received the Jury Winner award for Destination Spa and Resort at the Architizer A+ Award gala in May 2016. With entries from over 100 countries, the Architizer A+ Award jury selects one Jury Winner in each award category.
An Illusion within the Limits of Reality, Image Courtesy © Renderings: Luxigon
- Architects: Oppenheim Architecture
- Project: Destination Spa + Resort
- Location: the Middle East
- Renderings: Luxigon
- Software used: Maya, Archicad, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Project Manager: Rey Lester
- Designers: Gilbert Attic, Jose Ortez, Olivier Montfort, J.J. Bruyning, Santiago Eliaschev, Charles Michael Arnspiger, Victoria Pineros, Gerald Wood, Kevin McMorris, Kevin Heidorn
- Size: 650 Acres
Friday, May 6th, 2016
Article source: Original Vision Limited
Cascading in terraces down a gently sloping hillside high above the coastal town of Yalikavak, Jacaranda is an estate of thirteen fully managed resort villas. Through careful master planning and utilisation of the natural slope, every home enjoys the full unobstructed majesty of an Aegean sunset.
Image Courtesy © Original Vision Limited
- Architects: Original Vision Limited
- Project: Jacaranda
- Location: Yalikavak, Bodrum Peninsula, Turkey
- Total Development GFA: 3,825m2
Saturday, February 27th, 2016
Article source: Hi-Tech CADD Services
An environmental consultant had to assess a site and provide a plan to the client for retaining wall design meant to block the flood water from a nearby river from entering the site.
Image Courtesy © Hi-Tech CADD Services
- Architects: Hi-Tech CADD Services
- Project: 3D Modeling And Rendering of Retaining Wall Design for Environment Consultants
- Location: Los Angeles, USA
Tuesday, February 16th, 2016
Article source: Arkan Zeytinoglu Architects
A high-end family hotel in the middle of the biggest skiing and hiking region of Upper Austria – the new Leading family Hotel & Resort Dachsteinkönig is going to exceed all expectations. Its ground breaking took place in December 2014 and is planned to be completed by the end of 2016.
Image Courtesy © Arkan Zeytinoglu Architects & miss3 s.r.o.
- Architects: Arkan Zeytinoglu Architects
- Project: Leading Family Hotel & Resort Dachsteinkönig
- Location: Gosau, Austria
- Client: Hotel – Dachsteinkönig Hotel GmbH, Chalets – Dachstein Chalet Errichtungs GmbH
- Redenrings: Arkan Zeytinoglu Architects & miss3 s.r.o.
- Competition: May 2013
- Start of planning: June 2013
- Start of construction: December 2014
- Completion: December 2016
- S Hotel:105 Rooms, 12 Chalets, 2 Restaurants, Kids Restaurant, Café, Bakery, Bar, Shop, Kids Pool
Friday, February 5th, 2016
Article source: SICART & SMITH ARCHITECTS
SICART & SMITH ARCHITECTS Co.Ltd, is a 100% foreign owned company registered since 2010 under the Laws of Vietnam.
Previously known under the name Less Is More Design, the Company is lead by Franck Sicart and Julien Smith – Foreign French International Architects in Vietnam – Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon).
We are a multi-disciplinary design consultant engaged in Architecture, Interior Design, Furniture and Product Design.
We define our selves as a “Boutique Design Firm” deeply dedicated to our clients, with a strong need understanding.
Image Courtesy © Julien Smith
- Architects: SICART & SMITH ARCHITECTS
- Project: CHEN SEA RESORT AND SPA
- Location: PHU QUOC, VITENAM
- Photography: Julien Smith
- Project Management: 9pm Project Management
- Site: 3 Ha
- Completion: 2008