Archive for the ‘Resort’ Category
Sunday, November 15th, 2015
Article source: M CO Design
The central theme of this project is The Sea. The design explores new ways of using its power and attraction as a draw for people to come and experience it in a real and memorable way.
Image Courtesy © M CO Design
- Architects: M CO Design
- Project: Lumionous
- Location: Hongtong Bay Hainan Island, China
- Type: Integrated Resort
- Area: 70,000 m2
- Completion date: 2018
Wednesday, November 4th, 2015
Article source: AART architects
Musholm is located at the beautiful Danish coastline and pushes the potential of accessible architecture. In fact, it is recognized as one of the world’s most accessible holiday, sports and conference resorts for people with disabilities. The expansion of Musholm is divided into two sections in the form of a new multi-purpose sports hall and a number of new holiday flats. The multi-purpose sports hall is located at the heart of the resort, while the flats are located in its periphery.
Image Courtesy © AART architects
Wednesday, November 4th, 2015
Article source: SICART & SMITH ARCHITECTS
Suan Kachamudee project is an unique and cosy “boutique” resort located on the East Coast of Koh Samui Island in Chaweng Noi, Thailand.
Image Courtesy © Anne Sophie Maestracci
- Architects: SICART & SMITH ARCHITECTS
- Project: SUAN KACHAMUDEE Resort
- Location: KOH SAMUI, THAILAND
- Photography: Anne Sophie Maestracci
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: 9PM PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- SITE: 2,500 SQM
- GFA: 1,000 SQM
- TYPE: RESORT
- COMPLETION: 2015
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2015
Article source: Stinessen Arkitektur
Manshausen Island is situated in the Steigen Archipelago off the coast of Northern Norway. The Islan sposition between dramatic mountains and the Barents Sea is in itself the inspiration for celebrated Polar Explorer Børge Ousland´snewest adventure; an adventure and exploration resort. The area is home to the world´slargest population of Sea Eagles and the fishing is spectacular. To the north the horizon is dominated by the mountain-range of Lofoten.
Image Courtesy © Siggen Stinessen
- Architects: Stinessen Arkitektur
- Project: MANSHAUSEN ISLAND RESORT
- Location: Steigen, Norway
- Photography: Siggen Stinessen
Sunday, October 18th, 2015
Article source: Original Vision Limited
Contemporary tropical living is what Kata Rocks is all about. Conceived as an ultra-exclusive apartment resort, the emphasis is on clean and uncomplicated space paying homage to the view. 34 oversized apartments, duplexes and penthouses, terraced to take advantage of the natural slope, are fully serviced by all the facilities you would find in a five star resort.
Image Courtesy © Original Vision Limited
Tuesday, October 6th, 2015
Article source: REAL Engineering d.o.o.
The »NEBESA« Mountain retreat at Livek near Kobarid is a 21st century complex located on the foundation of the previous century. It is an architectural challenge ennobling this beautiful location as well as enabling the functional self-sufficiency of the condominium.
Image Courtesy © REAL Engineering d.o.o.
- Architects: REAL Engineering d.o.o.
- Project: NEBESA Tourist Resort
- Location: Livek near Kobarid, Kobarid 5222, Slovenia
- Author: Rok Klanjšček, architect, author architecture, interior design
- Co-authors: Klemen Pavlin, architect, co-author – architecture Aljaž Lavrič, architect , co-author – architecture Irena Brecelj, architect, co-author – interior design
- Statics: Angelo Žigon, Construction Engineer, ELEA IC d.o.o., Ljubljana
- Electrical installation: Tomi Križaj, TE Biro d.o.o., Ljubljana
- Machine installation: NevenkaŠkrabe, TE Biro d.o.o., Ljubljana
- Architecture Team: REAL Engineering d.o.o., BTC, Šmartinska 152, hala6, 1000 Ljubljana RokKlanjšček, u.d.i.a., director
- Owners: Katja in Bojan ROŠ
- Net to m2: 950m2
- Building Plot: 3500m2
- Investment: 2.100.000 EUR
Tuesday, July 14th, 2015
Article source: A+U Design Cosmopolitan
Award winning forest resort style spa residential architecture in China’s Hainan province. It’s sited by the Wan Quan River which residents can view the beautiful scenes of river. Design was centered round a tropical resort style hotel clubhouse. Apartment buildings were leveled from back to front and higher to lower level. Front was shops along street.
Image Courtesy © A+U Design Cosmopolitan
- Architects: A+U Design Cosmopolitan
- Project: Sea & Sky City
- Location: Hainan, China
- Software used: 3ds max and Photoshop
Thursday, July 9th, 2015
Article source: Dastin Hillery
Atelier Urbanus has again taken up a challenging assignment of a premium leisure hospitality development in an extreme topographical site condition in Ubud Bali, Indonesia, leading the role as lead architect, masterplanner, and landscape architect for the autograph boutique hotel of Marriott The Stone.
Image Courtesy © Dastin Hillery
- Architects: Dastin Hillery
- Project: The Stone Ubud
- Location: Ubud – Bali – Indonesia
- Client：Mahkota Propertindo
- Size：6.5 Ha
- Completion date : 2018
Tuesday, July 7th, 2015
Article source: SOMA architects
Responding to strong and specific data, our proposal for this project purposefully takes into consideration the cultural heritage in which it is set. Situated at terminus of the Damour River, the site is a gently sloping terrain with stupendous views of the Mediterranean and the river. Our proposal utilizes a radical system that is found in several natural formations: a branching configuration. It seemed like the natural solution to gently break down the site’s slope into a series of volumes perfectly oriented to the key sea and river views without obstruction from other buildings. Each “branch” allows direct street access, both pedestrian and vehicular, and soon individual volumes start to emerge following a rigorous strategy of sitting, form and placement in relation to external context, program requirements, and maximized privacy.
Image Courtesy © SOMA architects
- Architects: SOMA architects
- Project: Nikki Beach Resort
- Location: Damour, Lebanon
- Principal: Michel Abboud
- Partner: Leo Sguera
- Lead Designers: Fady Stefan
- Setting: Rural, Coastal
- Status: Aborted (more…)
Friday, April 17th, 2015
Article source: CUMULUS STUDIO
The project involved the adaptive reuse of Pumphouse Point into a wilderness retreat. The existing heritage listed, art-deco style buildings – ‘The Pumphouse’ and ‘The Shorehouse’ – were constructed in the 1940s as part of Tasmania’s hydro electric scheme and are positioned within the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area. The two buildings had been unused for over twenty years before works began.
Image Courtesy © Adam Gibson, Stuart Gibson & Sharyn Cairns
- Architects: Cumulus Studio (Chris Roberts, Liz Walsh,Peter Walker, Todd Henderson)
- Project: Pumphouse Point
- Location: Lake St Clair Road, Lake St Clair, Tasmania, Australia 7140
- Photography: Adam Gibson, Stuart Gibson &Sharyn Cairns
- Area: Total 1,035m2
- Shorehouse 418m2
- Pumphouse 566m2
- Care Takers 50m2
- Civil: Gandy & Roberts Engineers
- Hydraulic: Gandy & Roberts Engineers