Archive for the ‘Resort’ Category
Tuesday, July 7th, 2015
Article source: SOMA architects
Responding to strong and specific data, our proposal for this project purposefully takes into consideration the cultural heritage in which it is set. Situated at terminus of the Damour River, the site is a gently sloping terrain with stupendous views of the Mediterranean and the river. Our proposal utilizes a radical system that is found in several natural formations: a branching configuration. It seemed like the natural solution to gently break down the site’s slope into a series of volumes perfectly oriented to the key sea and river views without obstruction from other buildings. Each “branch” allows direct street access, both pedestrian and vehicular, and soon individual volumes start to emerge following a rigorous strategy of sitting, form and placement in relation to external context, program requirements, and maximized privacy.
Image Courtesy © SOMA architects
- Architects: SOMA architects
- Project: Nikki Beach Resort
- Location: Damour, Lebanon
- Principal: Michel Abboud
- Partner: Leo Sguera
- Lead Designers: Fady Stefan
- Setting: Rural, Coastal
- Status: Aborted (more…)
Friday, April 17th, 2015
Article source: CUMULUS STUDIO
The project involved the adaptive reuse of Pumphouse Point into a wilderness retreat. The existing heritage listed, art-deco style buildings – ‘The Pumphouse’ and ‘The Shorehouse’ – were constructed in the 1940s as part of Tasmania’s hydro electric scheme and are positioned within the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area. The two buildings had been unused for over twenty years before works began.
Image Courtesy © Adam Gibson, Stuart Gibson & Sharyn Cairns
- Architects: Cumulus Studio (Chris Roberts, Liz Walsh,Peter Walker, Todd Henderson)
- Project: Pumphouse Point
- Location: Lake St Clair Road, Lake St Clair, Tasmania, Australia 7140
- Photography: Adam Gibson, Stuart Gibson &Sharyn Cairns
- Area: Total 1,035m2
- Shorehouse 418m2
- Pumphouse 566m2
- Care Takers 50m2
- Civil: Gandy & Roberts Engineers
- Hydraulic: Gandy & Roberts Engineers
Wednesday, February 18th, 2015
Article source: NEW THEME Inc.
Originally contracted to restore a family’s mid-century home in Encino, California, NEW THEME Inc. was brought on to develop an inspirational, unique and didactic playhouse for the family’s children. The playhouse was inspired by the concept of a “folie”, which, amongst its many meanings, also refers to a small structure popular in France for recreational purposes. By naming it the “Hayvenhurst Folie”, it signifies an escape from not only the main house but also the energy grid of the neighborhood. The structure utilizes significant sustainable systems to achieve an off-the-grid energy profile that provides a scalable model of energy responsibility.
Image Courtesy © NEW THEME Inc.
- Architects: NEW THEME Inc.
- Project: Hayvenhurst Folie
- Location: Encino, California, US
Friday, February 13th, 2015
Article source: SLOW Architects
The Italian word “Baita” refers to a place that allows climbers to have a break and regain their strength. This café located in Vanke Lake Songhua Resort is appropriately denominated as “Baita Italia” due to its remarkable place at the right beginning of the town center of the resort facing the mountain and the ski tracks, and its role in the cultural communication between Vanke and Italy.
Image Courtesy © Zhou Ruogu
- Architects: SLOW Architects
- Project: Baita Italia
- Location: Lake Songhua, Jilin
- Photography: Zhou Ruogu
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup and Photoshop
- GFA: approx. 500m2
- Completion time: 2014.12
Tuesday, January 27th, 2015
Article source: STUDIO DI ARCHITETTURA DANIELE MENICHINI
The “green room” project originates from architect Daniele Menichini’s eco-sustainable and eco-friendly approach to the projects he develops for the horeca sector, as well as for other client areas.
Each concept is developed by means of a search for solutions and products that have the least possible environmental impact and maximum energy saving – a philosophy that does not preclude elements of development, innovation and technology.
Image Courtesy © STUDIO DI ARCHITETTURA DANIELE MENICHINI
Wednesday, January 21st, 2015
Article source: OPPENHEIM Architecture + Design
An exceptionally expansive and rarely available oceanfront retreat, 699 Ocean Boulevard offers a truly private escape from the moment one enters the property and is greeted by a three-level living green wall. A modern garden paradise, this home fully embraces elegant indoor-outdoor resort-style living with 6,000 square feet of terraces and a 5,000-square-foot spa and fitness level.
Image Courtesy © OPPENHEIM Architecture + Design
- Architects: OPPENHEIM Architecture + Design (Chad Oppenheim)
- Project: Casa Playa
- Location: 699 Ocean Boulevard, Golden Beach, Florida, USA
- Developer: Jacob Abramson, Miami Golden LLC
- Sales and Marketing: Oren Alexander, The Alexander Team, Douglas Elliman
- Listing Price: $36 million
Thursday, August 14th, 2014
Article source: Rhythmdesign
The project is located in resort house area which is 30 minutes drive towards west from center of Fukuoka city, Japan. The site has over 14meters difference of elevation, and is the only one which remains original terrain.
Image Courtesy © Koichi Torimura
- Architects: Rhythmdesign
- Project: House in Raizan-forest
- Location: ITOSHIMA, FUKUOKA pref., JAPAN
- Photography: Koichi Torimura
- Project Architect: Kenichiro Ide
- Design Team: Kenichiro Ide, Yuta Kinai
- Structural Engineers: Kuroiwa Structural Engineers
Image Courtesy © Koichi Torimura
- Lighting consultant: USHIO SPAX FUKUOKA
- Main contractor: HIROICHI corporation
- Site area: 926.96m2
- Building area: 118.58 m2
- Gross internal floor area: 117.17 m2
- Commissioned: October 2010
- Completed: December 2012
Tuesday, July 15th, 2014
Article source: Ark-kassam Architects
Amongst the scenery of the majestic mountains of Latakia and in harmony with the Local surroundings and environment, ARK-Kassam architects designed the Mountain Breeze resort as a lead pioneer project of sustainable architecture in Syria.
Mountain Breeze Resort is located 950m above sea level, perched at Al- Qlayla Village, 40km north-east of Latakia and 30 km from Basil al-Assad international airport.
Image Courtesy © Ark-kassam Architects
- Architects: Ark-kassam Architects
- Project: Mountain Breeze Resort
- Location: Latakia, Qlayla, Syria
- Software used: AutoCAD, Max. Photoshop
- Client: MBR Co.
- Year: 2010
- Total Built area: 15000 Sq. M
Tuesday, July 1st, 2014
Article source: studio19
An old historic noble house, located in Linguaglossa, Sicily (italy) near Etna volcano, restored, becomes a charming hotel.
In 2004 the owners decided to restore the 19th century building to obtain a resort.
The will was to maintain the old charm and insert the new functions with minimal impact; the owners asked to create an intimate atmosphere, a place to feel “at home”.
Image Courtesy © studio19
- Architects: studio19 (Paola Mariotto, Lucia Papa)
- Project: SHALAI resort_sicily
- Location: Linguaglossa, italy
- Project team: Elisa Pafumi, studio Deda, studio19
- Floor area: 1.230 sqm
Thursday, March 6th, 2014
Article source: JSa Arquitectura
The complex has 102 apartments, of about 2,700-2,960 sq ft (duplex and simplex), in four towers, with different distribution layouts with a total area of 305,360 sq ft.
Inside the complex there are two swim clubs with three pools each, one pool for free swim, one for training, and one for kids. Each of these clubs has a multi-use room, with both, covered and open-air areas covering about 52,300 sq ft.
Image Courtesy © Rafael Gamo
- Architects: JSa Arquitectura
- Project: PUNTA IXTAPA
- Location: Zihuatanejo, Mexico
- Photography: Rafael Gamo, JSa Arquitectura
- Project Date: 2013
- Type of projects: Resort
- Design Team: JSª / Javier Sanchez, Francisco Martinez, Jorge Bracho,, Othon Reynoso, David Herrera, Sofia Villareal, Savlan Hauser.
- Interior Design: Larissa Kadner, Raúl martínez
- Number of units: 102 apartments
- Average surface area: 94 units between 265 m2 and 270 m2, and 8 units of 460 m2
- Área total construida, Total surface area: 538,195 sq ft