Archive for the ‘Resort’ Category
Sunday, October 18th, 2015
Article source: Original Vision Limited
Contemporary tropical living is what Kata Rocks is all about. Conceived as an ultra-exclusive apartment resort, the emphasis is on clean and uncomplicated space paying homage to the view. 34 oversized apartments, duplexes and penthouses, terraced to take advantage of the natural slope, are fully serviced by all the facilities you would find in a five star resort.
Image Courtesy © Original Vision Limited
Tuesday, October 6th, 2015
Article source: REAL Engineering d.o.o.
The »NEBESA« Mountain retreat at Livek near Kobarid is a 21st century complex located on the foundation of the previous century. It is an architectural challenge ennobling this beautiful location as well as enabling the functional self-sufficiency of the condominium.
Image Courtesy © REAL Engineering d.o.o.
- Architects: REAL Engineering d.o.o.
- Project: NEBESA Tourist Resort
- Location: Livek near Kobarid, Kobarid 5222, Slovenia
- Author: Rok Klanjšček, architect, author architecture, interior design
- Co-authors: Klemen Pavlin, architect, co-author – architecture Aljaž Lavrič, architect , co-author – architecture Irena Brecelj, architect, co-author – interior design
- Statics: Angelo Žigon, Construction Engineer, ELEA IC d.o.o., Ljubljana
- Electrical installation: Tomi Križaj, TE Biro d.o.o., Ljubljana
- Machine installation: NevenkaŠkrabe, TE Biro d.o.o., Ljubljana
- Architecture Team: REAL Engineering d.o.o., BTC, Šmartinska 152, hala6, 1000 Ljubljana RokKlanjšček, u.d.i.a., director
- Owners: Katja in Bojan ROŠ
- Net to m2: 950m2
- Building Plot: 3500m2
- Investment: 2.100.000 EUR
Tuesday, July 14th, 2015
Article source: A+U Design Cosmopolitan
Award winning forest resort style spa residential architecture in China’s Hainan province. It’s sited by the Wan Quan River which residents can view the beautiful scenes of river. Design was centered round a tropical resort style hotel clubhouse. Apartment buildings were leveled from back to front and higher to lower level. Front was shops along street.
Image Courtesy © A+U Design Cosmopolitan
- Architects: A+U Design Cosmopolitan
- Project: Sea & Sky City
- Location: Hainan, China
- Software used: 3ds max and Photoshop
Thursday, July 9th, 2015
Article source: Dastin Hillery
Atelier Urbanus has again taken up a challenging assignment of a premium leisure hospitality development in an extreme topographical site condition in Ubud Bali, Indonesia, leading the role as lead architect, masterplanner, and landscape architect for the autograph boutique hotel of Marriott The Stone.
Image Courtesy © Dastin Hillery
- Architects: Dastin Hillery
- Project: The Stone Ubud
- Location: Ubud – Bali – Indonesia
- Client：Mahkota Propertindo
- Size：6.5 Ha
- Completion date : 2018
Tuesday, July 7th, 2015
Article source: SOMA architects
Responding to strong and specific data, our proposal for this project purposefully takes into consideration the cultural heritage in which it is set. Situated at terminus of the Damour River, the site is a gently sloping terrain with stupendous views of the Mediterranean and the river. Our proposal utilizes a radical system that is found in several natural formations: a branching configuration. It seemed like the natural solution to gently break down the site’s slope into a series of volumes perfectly oriented to the key sea and river views without obstruction from other buildings. Each “branch” allows direct street access, both pedestrian and vehicular, and soon individual volumes start to emerge following a rigorous strategy of sitting, form and placement in relation to external context, program requirements, and maximized privacy.
Image Courtesy © SOMA architects
- Architects: SOMA architects
- Project: Nikki Beach Resort
- Location: Damour, Lebanon
- Principal: Michel Abboud
- Partner: Leo Sguera
- Lead Designers: Fady Stefan
- Setting: Rural, Coastal
- Status: Aborted (more…)
Friday, April 17th, 2015
Article source: CUMULUS STUDIO
The project involved the adaptive reuse of Pumphouse Point into a wilderness retreat. The existing heritage listed, art-deco style buildings – ‘The Pumphouse’ and ‘The Shorehouse’ – were constructed in the 1940s as part of Tasmania’s hydro electric scheme and are positioned within the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area. The two buildings had been unused for over twenty years before works began.
Image Courtesy © Adam Gibson, Stuart Gibson & Sharyn Cairns
- Architects: Cumulus Studio (Chris Roberts, Liz Walsh,Peter Walker, Todd Henderson)
- Project: Pumphouse Point
- Location: Lake St Clair Road, Lake St Clair, Tasmania, Australia 7140
- Photography: Adam Gibson, Stuart Gibson &Sharyn Cairns
- Area: Total 1,035m2
- Shorehouse 418m2
- Pumphouse 566m2
- Care Takers 50m2
- Civil: Gandy & Roberts Engineers
- Hydraulic: Gandy & Roberts Engineers
Wednesday, February 18th, 2015
Article source: NEW THEME Inc.
Originally contracted to restore a family’s mid-century home in Encino, California, NEW THEME Inc. was brought on to develop an inspirational, unique and didactic playhouse for the family’s children. The playhouse was inspired by the concept of a “folie”, which, amongst its many meanings, also refers to a small structure popular in France for recreational purposes. By naming it the “Hayvenhurst Folie”, it signifies an escape from not only the main house but also the energy grid of the neighborhood. The structure utilizes significant sustainable systems to achieve an off-the-grid energy profile that provides a scalable model of energy responsibility.
Image Courtesy © NEW THEME Inc.
- Architects: NEW THEME Inc.
- Project: Hayvenhurst Folie
- Location: Encino, California, US
Friday, February 13th, 2015
Article source: SLOW Architects
The Italian word “Baita” refers to a place that allows climbers to have a break and regain their strength. This café located in Vanke Lake Songhua Resort is appropriately denominated as “Baita Italia” due to its remarkable place at the right beginning of the town center of the resort facing the mountain and the ski tracks, and its role in the cultural communication between Vanke and Italy.
Image Courtesy © Zhou Ruogu
- Architects: SLOW Architects
- Project: Baita Italia
- Location: Lake Songhua, Jilin
- Photography: Zhou Ruogu
- Software used: Autocad, Sketchup and Photoshop
- GFA: approx. 500m2
- Completion time: 2014.12
Tuesday, January 27th, 2015
Article source: STUDIO DI ARCHITETTURA DANIELE MENICHINI
The “green room” project originates from architect Daniele Menichini’s eco-sustainable and eco-friendly approach to the projects he develops for the horeca sector, as well as for other client areas.
Each concept is developed by means of a search for solutions and products that have the least possible environmental impact and maximum energy saving – a philosophy that does not preclude elements of development, innovation and technology.
Image Courtesy © STUDIO DI ARCHITETTURA DANIELE MENICHINI
Wednesday, January 21st, 2015
Article source: OPPENHEIM Architecture + Design
An exceptionally expansive and rarely available oceanfront retreat, 699 Ocean Boulevard offers a truly private escape from the moment one enters the property and is greeted by a three-level living green wall. A modern garden paradise, this home fully embraces elegant indoor-outdoor resort-style living with 6,000 square feet of terraces and a 5,000-square-foot spa and fitness level.
Image Courtesy © OPPENHEIM Architecture + Design
- Architects: OPPENHEIM Architecture + Design (Chad Oppenheim)
- Project: Casa Playa
- Location: 699 Ocean Boulevard, Golden Beach, Florida, USA
- Developer: Jacob Abramson, Miami Golden LLC
- Sales and Marketing: Oren Alexander, The Alexander Team, Douglas Elliman
- Listing Price: $36 million