Archive for the ‘Resort’ Category
Thursday, January 30th, 2014
Article source: Bjarke Ingels Group
Albany is a modern paradise-like beach and golf resort community, located on the south coast of New Providence Island. The Honeycomb will be the tallest structure in Albany, making it a landmark in the resort, and a beacon from the ocean.
Image Courtesy © Bjarke Ingels Group
- Architects: Bjarke Ingels Group
- Project: Honeycomb RESORT
- Location: Bahamas
- Partner in Charge: Bjarke Ingels, Thomas Christoffersen
- Project Leader: Sören Grünert
- Team: Benzi Rodman, David Spittler, Jenny Shen, Karen Shiue, Lujac Desautel, Romea Muryn, Brian Foster
- Client: Tavistock Group, New Valley LLC
- Collaborators: HKS architects (local architect), Michael Diggiss Architects (executive architect)
Thursday, January 23rd, 2014
Article source: Lib.A
AMIANA On the Bay is the name of the resort which the restaurant was one part. The AMIANA RESORT is located in the north of Nha Trang City ,situated along the coast, looking out over beautiful Nha Trang Bay which is voted one of 29 most beautiful bays in the world.The rear of the resort is mountainside, which also contain outer approaches.
Image Courtesy © Lib.A
- Architects: Lib.A
- Project: Bacaro Restaurant of Amiana Resort
- Location: Nha Trang, Vietnam
Saturday, October 19th, 2013
Article source: EDSA
The richly textured landscape combined with the presence of a strong history and architectural language provides the inspiration for the planning and design of Luštica Bay Resort. With its dramatic setting, Luštica Bay Resort offers a variety of residential and hotel offerings.
Image Courtesy © EDSA
- Architects: EDSA
- Project: Lustica Bay Resort
- Location: Radovici, Montenegro
- Client: Lustica Development A.D.
- Scope: Master Planning and Detailed Design Services
- Scale: 440 Hectares.
- Software used: Sketch-up, Adobe Creative Suite programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign as well as AutoCAD Maps, Civil 3D, and Mcolor
Saturday, October 5th, 2013
Article source: RLDA
RLDA completed a ground breaking resort, Atali, 30 kilometers from Rishikesh on the banks of the river Ganga.
Distinguished by its use of stone, reed and steel wire, the project abandons a commonplace aesthetic and other such iconographic elements to distinguish itself in favour of a building that draws its aesthetic from the means, methods and modes of its construction.
Image Courtesy © Rahoul Singh
- Architects: RLDA
- Project: Atali Ganga
- Location: Rishikesh, India
- Photography: Rahoul Singh
- Typology: Resort
- Name of Client’s Firm: Aquaterra Adventures
- Contact Person: Vaibhav Kala
- Principal Architect: Rahoul Singh, Lakshmi Chand Singh
- Design Team: Rahoul Singh, Lakshmi Chand Singh, Kushal Lachchwani, Sajal Das, Ajay Saini
- Site Area (sq ft & sq m): 65,256sq ft, 6,070sq m
- Built-Up Area (sq ft & sq m): 22,000 sq. ft. 2,045 sq m
- Start Date: March, 2009
- Completion Date: 2012
Thursday, September 12th, 2013
Article source: M:OFA Studio
M:OFA designs a true Agro Resort. The design intent was to give a firsthand experience of countryside living to the urban travelers and sensitize them to the idea of living with nature, effectively utilizing resources and minimizing waste. Apart from being amidst nature in the cottages that resonate the local materials expressed in a contemporary design, the program also includes an animal farm with poultry, cattle, goats, fish and even an elephant for the rides around the forest. The experience within the resort would include a day-out at the dairy and the poultry farm. Further, there is a true emphasis on an organic vegetable, fruit and herbal garden from where the fresh produce along with the produce from the dairy and the poultry farm would be served in the gourmet restaurant throughout the day.
Image Courtesy © Dev Singh, Mridul Sharma
- Architects: M:OFA Studio
- Project: The Golden Tusk Resort
- Photography: Dev Singh, Mridul Sharma
- Name of Client: Mr. Sanjay Lakhotia
- Name of Client’s Firm: Ivory Destinations Pvt Ltd
- Contact Person: Mr. Anirudh Lakhotia
- Principal Architect: Manish Gulati
- Principal Planner: Tanushree Gulati
- Design Team: Sebastian Peter, Priyanka Mahajan, Richa Gupta
- Site Area (sq ft & sq m): 28,000 sqm or 300,000 sqft(approx.)
- Built-Up Area (sq ft & sq m): 40,000 Sq ft (first phase) or 3700 sqm (approx.)
- Start Date: Feb 2010
- Completion Date: 2012
Thursday, September 12th, 2013
Article source: COOP HIMMELB(L)AU
The Deep Pit Ice and Snow World is located in the Dawang Mountain Resort Area near the city of Changsha. The project combines an Entertainment Ice World with an Indoor Ski Slope, a Water Park and supporting restaurant and shopping facilities with a total gross floor area of 120,000m².
Image Courtesy © COOP HIMMELB(L)AU
- Architects: COOP HIMMELB(L)AU
- Project: Dawang Mountain Resort
- Location: Changsha, China
- Photography: COOP HIMMELB(L)AU
- Site Area: 150,000m²
- Ice and Snow World Gross Floor Area:120,000m²
- 5 Star Hotel Gross Floor Area: 60,000m²
- Height Ice and Snow World: 30m
- Height 5 Star Hotel: 100m
- Depth of Pit: 60m
- Client: Changsha Xiandao Land Development & Construction Co., Ltd.
- Structural Engineering: B+G Ingenieure, Bollinger und Grohmann Gmbh, Prof. Klaus Bollinger
- MEP, HVAC: Buro Happold Ltd, Bath,UK, Steve Macey(Competition Phase)
- Project Team: Laura Ghita, Crystal K.H Tang,Donna Riedel, Xinyu Wan, Edward
- Design Principal:Wolf D. Prix
- Competition 1st Prize: 2013
- Start of Planning: 07/2013
Saturday, June 8th, 2013
Article source: Studio RHE
Located within “the best golf course in Spain”, Studio RHE’s La Selva Villas at PGA Catalunya Resort in Spain are designed to merge with the surrounding 300 hectares of verdant landscape.
Perfectly situated in the major Catalonian city of Girona, the two villas are a stone’s throw away from the idyllic Costa Brava, medieval villages and the Pyrenees.
Image Courtesy © Studio RHE
Thursday, May 30th, 2013
Article source: One Landscape Design
Located in the outskirts of Chennai, Confluence is a unique project in its scale and aspiration. Conceived as a resort destination and planned around a large central open lawn it is an oasis in its feel.
Image Courtesy One Landscape Design
Tuesday, March 26th, 2013
Article source: Foundry of Space
In the recent years, the growing tourism market in the East coast of Thailand has resulted in even more developments in hotel and tourism-related businesses in the region. Chang Island in the province of Trad, one of the most popular beach cities among European and Asian holidaymakers, has also followed this trend steadily.
Image Courtesy © Teerawat Winyarat
- Architects: FOS [Foundry of Space]
- Project: KC Grande Resort & Spa-Hill Side
- Location: Koh Chang, Trad, Thailand
- Photography: Teerawat Winyarat
- Design Team: Makakrai Jay Suthadarat, Rinchai Chaiwarapon, Singha Ounsakul
- Area: 8,000 sqm
- Year: 2013
- Interior Design: Fusionscape [Alisa Tejasrisukko, Thissana Leelahapant]
- Structural Engineer: Infra Technology Service
- MEP Engineer: Optimum Consultants
- Client: Kwan Wattana Co., Ltd.
- Software used: SketchUp
Saturday, February 2nd, 2013
Article source: HILBERINKBOSCH architects
In the Algarve, the south of Portugal, the transition from the coast to the hilly midlands is characterized by an ascending landscape. Historical agricultural structures, such as vineyards and orchards form an idyllic setting. We designed a holiday home for a Dutch principal on one of these typical plots with an old citrus- and olive orchard. The main focus point of the design are the life outdoors, the sun, the fantastic view over the ocean and the gathering around family and friends.
Image Courtesy René de Wit, Breda
- Architects: HILBERINKBOSCH architects
- Project: HOLIDAY HOME IN THE ALGARVE
- Location: Moncarapacho, Algarve, Portugal
- Area square metres indoor: 560 m2
- Start project: 2008
- Completion: 2011
- Photographer: René de Wit, Breda, The Netherlands (more…)