Archive for the ‘Restaurant’ Category
Friday, August 19th, 2016
Article source: Allartsdesign
The new restaurant GASTROPORT, opened in Perm, Russian Federation. Above its design worked Saranin designer Artemy of ALLARTSDESIGN studio, together with Boris Kulinskiy restaurateur.
The restaurant is located on the bank of the Kama river in Perm, Russian Federation. Restaurant has panoramic windows and a perfect time – it is spending the evening sunset with excellent cuisine Nikki combines the features of Japanese and Peruvian gastronomy.
Image Courtesy © Saranin Artemy
- Architects: Allartsdesign
- Project: Gastroport
- Location: 1 , Reshetnikovsky spusk, Perm, Ural, Russia Federation
- Photography: Saranin Artemy
- Designer: Saranin Artemy
- Area: 278m2
- Completion date: 2016
Tuesday, August 16th, 2016
Article source: Koichi Takada Architects
We aim to change the way we ate and chat in restaurants. The acoustic quality of restaurants contributes to the comfort and enjoyment of a dining experience.
We have experimented with noise levels in relationship to the comfort of dining and the ambience a cave like environment can create. The timber profiles generate a sound studio atmosphere, and a pleasant ‘noise’ of dining conversation, offering a more intimate experience as well as a visually interesting and complex surrounding.
Image Courtesy © Sharrin Rees
- Architects: Koichi Takada Architects
- Project: Cave Restaurant (Sushi Train Maroubra)
- Location: Maroubra, Sydney, Australia
- Photography: Sharrin Rees
- Builder: Bonar Interiors
- Project Year: 2009
Sunday, August 7th, 2016
Article source: Tomas Ghisellini Architetti
The new (rediscovered) wings of the Hôtel de Galliffet
Mirror reflection: strategy of lightness
The new architectural wings of the Hôtel de Galliffet will be enigmatic and surprising appearances.
Logics of composition, materials and formal repertoire push the architectural bodies towards an expressive vocabulary for which the terms of lightness and permeability prevail.
The strategy of inclusion aims to give the new buildings a kind of perceptive dematerialization; this way proceeding the partial clogging of the courts will assume a character of agreement and co-operation rather than imposition.
View of the east wing, Image Courtesy © Tomas Ghisellini
- Architects: Tomas Ghisellini Architetti
- Project: MÉNAGE À TROIS
- Location: Paris, France
- Photography: Tomas Ghisellini
- Client: Italian Institute of Culture in Paris
- Collaborators: Lucrezia Alemanno, Daniele Francesco Petralia, Salvatore Scandurra
- Building construction cost estimated: 9.000.000,00 €
- Building Construction Forecast: 2018 – 2021
Friday, August 5th, 2016
Article source: Haldane Martin Iconic Furniture and Interior Design
Haldane Martin Iconic Design has designed a brewery and restaurant interior for Mad Giant beer that plays with scale referencing oversized metal toy construction kits. The result is a creative and welcoming industrial space that brings to life the DIY ethos of the renegade South African craft beer, while contributing to the urban regeneration of inner-city Johannesburg.
Image Courtesy © Micky Hoyle
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2016
Article source: studiolada architectes
Finished in 2010, the Pompidou Metz center imagined by Shigeru Ban quickly became an architectural icon not only for the city of Metz, but also for the region and even the country. Given the important number of visitors to the Museum and the restaurant, the need for more inside eating space on the terrace soon became apparent. However, the idea of intervening on an existing building does not come without important implications regarding architectural integrity ― the intervention will indeed modify the façaces and volumes of the existing structure.
Image Courtesy © Luis Diaz Diaz
- Architects: studiolada architectes (Christophe Aubertin ― Studiolada Architects)
- Project: Pompidou Metz restaurant extension
- Location: 1, parvis des Droits de l’Homme ― 57000 Metz, France
- Photography: Luis Diaz Diaz
- Partner architect: Benoît Sindt ― Studiolada Architects
- Commissioned by: Metz Métropole
- SCMC (Scheduling, construction management and coordination): ABECO / Anthony Bochaton
- Engineering Firm: BE Barthes Bois / Tecnos
- Graphic Designer: Morgan Fortems
- Surface: 100 sqm
- Year of delivery: 2015
Tuesday, July 26th, 2016
Article source: ggarchitects
Spaces, motifs, materials and light evoke the atmosphere of the Caliphate in the pursuit of a complete andalusian gastronomic experience
When Paco Morales embarked on the opening of his newest restaurant in Córdoba, he parted from a clear and ambitious premise: to regain and reinterpret Andalusian cooking from an avant-garde andhaute cuisine perspective. Therefore, the Cordoban chef didn’t conceive NOOR as a usual restaurant, but as a “cultural project” which would provide diners a complete gastronomic experience, that is, an actual recreation of what a palace banquet at the 10th century Medina Azahara might have been. Thisrequired going beyond a mere gastronomic proposal and involved all aspectssurrounding NOOR: from architecture to staff clothing, taking care and pampering every detail about decoration and tableware.
Main Hall_the Cordobese light goes through the dome, Image Courtesy © Alfonso Calza
- Architects: ggarchitects
- Project: Noor Restaurant
- Location: Córdoba, Spain
- Photography: Alfonso Calza
- Client: Chef Paco Morales
- Design: Jose Ramon Tramoyeres, Javier Cortina
- Project architect: Nacho Mor
- Design team: Adolfo de la Torre, Maria Jose Mora.
- Local executive architect: Manuel Gómez de la Haba
- Lighting: Vassilis Pappas
- Ceramic: Cerámica Levantina
Tuesday, July 26th, 2016
Article source: Studio Fuksas
After Hong Kong Chater House and Tokyo Ginza Tower, Fifth Avenue completes the trilogy of the Armani Stores designed by Doriana and Massimiliano Fuksas for the famous designer.
Situated in the centre of New York, in one of the world’s well known streets, the project takes up the first three floors of the two buildings located between 5th Avenue and 56th Street.
Image Courtesy © Ramon Prat
- Architects: Studio Fuksas (Doriana and Massimiliano Fuksas)
- Project: Armani Fifth Avenue
- Location: 5th Avenue – 56th Street, New York, USA
- Photography: Ramon Prat and SAMA-Allan Toft
- Client: Gruppo Giorgio Armani
- Contractor: Americon Construction Inc.
- Engineering: Engineer Gilberto Sarti
- Lighting: Speirs & Major Associates
- Area: 2,800 sq. m.
- Period: 2007-2009
Sunday, July 24th, 2016
Article source: Hyunjoon Yoo Architects
The Community Center in Aphae-do, Shinan-gun, Jeollanam-do is located on a special site, and has a special programme. First of all, it was my first building project to be built on an island. Second, the main programme of the building was the public bath and restaurant for the elders in the village. The elders, who make up most of the population in the fishing village, do not have a decent bathing facility in their home.
Image Courtesy © Park Young-Chae
- Architects: Hyunjoon Yoo Architects
- Project: The Void
- Location: Shinan-gun, jeonllanam-do, Korea
- Photography: Park Young-Chae
- Software used: Sketchup, Autocad
- Client: Shinan-gun office
- Design Team: Heo Jinsung, Son Insil, Park Jungkyu, Kwon Jinhee, Ham Seungho
- Exterior finishing: Dryvit finish, Exposed concrete,
- Structural engineer: Dawoo
- Construction: Joongsan construction company
- Mechanical engineer: Min Sung engineering
- Electrical engineer: Hyeob-In
- Site area: 5,554m2
- Building area: 604.07m2
- Gross floor area: 1436.47m2
- Design period: Oct. 2013 – Nov. 2014
- Construction period: Dec. 2014 – Mar. 2016
Sunday, July 24th, 2016
Article source: Piuarch
Piuarch’s design of the new Ekaterinensky Congress Center in Krasnodar, Russia, has been appointed for construction.
Located on the banks of the Kuban River, the design proposes a three level cultural complex, with a total floor area of 2,840 square meters. The plans include a conference hall with a capacity of 720 seats – which can be set up in different configurations – as a foyer, a restaurant, a bar and service areas, all the while offering a scenic view of the river bay on the side of the city, and a new pedestrian plaza where the entrance to the center will be located.
The building will also feature terraces on the roof and outdoor spaces on the ground floor, which allow for the expansion of the internal functions.
The project has offered Piuarch the opportunity to activate the relationship between the city and the river by designing a connection among the natural water environment, the coastal parks, and the urban area: reconfiguring the city’s interaction with the river.
Image Courtesy © Piuarch
- Architects: Piuarch
- Project: Ekaterinensky Congress Center
- Location: Krasnodar, Russia
Sunday, July 24th, 2016
Article source: Kanisavaran Architectural Group
This project was in Pasdaran area in Tehran. After the first visit of that location, decided first priority is to make a strong structure for this building. because this building didn’t have a strong structure and that was very old.In the drawing process, we decision an Architectural space for a predetermined paradox should be (as regards this restaurant has two kinds of approach to his service: Iranian food and international food but a focus on healthy food) an architectural method from forces around and atmosphere around. It was a new approach for our and we visited that location again and made new analyses from pay attention to forces around in this space and we find a new form of lighting and table and wall pattern but our Suggestion was to use of Brick because brick was one of traditional material for Iranian. After that, we made an imagining filter (Black & white) on the entrance and us decision all materials after arrived be must accept filter effect. for example, the brick after arrives to changed his color .this filter was impacted to all material Except Flowers and planet because: The plants are strong things in our life…
Image Courtesy © Ali Yaghoubi
- Architects: Kanisavaran Architectural Group (Mohammad Kanisavaran)
- Project: Sunlive Restaurant
- Location: Pasdaran St ,Tehran, Iran
- Photography: Ali Yaghoubi
- Client: Mr. Miri
- Supervision & Execution: Kanisavaran Architectural Group
- Resident Supervisor : Reza Abbasi
- Electrical: Mr.Maleky
- Mechanical: Mr.Abbasi
- Graphist: Gol Nessa Mottahed
- Area: 100 Sq
- Date: 2016