Archive for the ‘Restaurant’ Category
Tuesday, May 30th, 2017
Article source: Studio Munge
Located in the heart of fashionable Williamsburg, Leuca is the latest addition to the NoHo Hospitality Group’s collection of New York hot spots. Built within The William Vale hotel, the 5820 sq. ft. venue celebrates Southern Italian cuisine in a menu of wood-fired pizza, earthy pastas and grilled specialties crafted by chef Andrew Carmellini. Meant as an inviting, sophisticated yet approachable setting for travelers and locals alike to socialize in, the soulful 187 seat restaurant was designed following the poetic narrative of a young couple and their little girl relocating from Europe to Brooklyn. The venue is a romantic projection of their childhood spent in Italy and a reminiscence of their Nona’s country house.
Image Courtesy © Michael Stavaridis
- Architects: Studio Munge
- Project: LEUCA at The William Vale
- Location: New York, USA
- Photography: Michael Stavaridis and Maxime Bocken
Friday, May 26th, 2017
Article source: Re-Act Now
\”Entourage\” means firstly socializing but also what we want to become and leave behind us into a big marriage with the future.
We must take socializing on different layers as a positive game, first with ourselves. It is a game that helps us not being subordinated to some dogmas, it is a game that should make us expect to learn continuously… Also that we are in a continuous workout in this construction site of our souls .
Image Courtesy © Re-Act Now
- Architects: Re-Act Now
- Project: Entourage 3
- Location: Bucharest, Romania
Friday, May 26th, 2017
Article source: Mecanoo architecten
Surrounded by residential towers and infrastructure, the site for the Bao’an Public Culture and Art Center presents several challenges. Mecanoo reinterpreted these challenges as opportunities, capitalising on the proximity of the new cultural facility to the adjacent Bao’an Central Metro Station and the Binhai School.
Image Courtesy © Mecanoo architecten
- Architects: Mecanoo architecten
- Project: Bao’an Public Culture and Art Center
- Location: Xinhu Road and Chuangye Road, Bao’an District, Shenzhen, China
- Client: Urban Planning, Land & Resources Commission of Shenzhen Municipality, Bao’an Administration
- Programme: Culture and Art Center (49,830m² above ground, 34,290m² underground), including 21,015m² Museum, 16,070 m² Art Gallery, 17,450m² Gallery, 3,170m² sports field, and 23,490m² service area with auditorium, restaurant, art bookstore, meeting room and underground parking
- Size: 84,120m2
- Project Design: 2016
Sunday, May 21st, 2017
Article source: COLL COLL
Merging the Czech “chlebíček” and the traditional Basque pintxos, new and proud food-spot was created on the emerging Prague’s food scene. The restaurant offers a quick lunch for the busy day, as well as fine dining experience paired with assorted cocktails for the later eve.
Image Courtesy © Jakub Skokan, Martin Tůma / BoysPlayNice
- Architects: COLL COLL
- Project: Špejle Restaurant in Prague
- Location: Špejle, Prague, Czech
- Photography: Jakub Skokan, Martin Tůma / BoysPlayNice
- Area: 280m2
- Project year: 2015-2016
- Completion Year: 10 / 2016
Friday, May 19th, 2017
Article source: GRAFT
In Berlin, on the site of “Urbane Mitte” between the eastern and western parts of Gleisdreieck Park, GRAFT designed and planned a mobile brewery and beer garden. The building for BRLO BRWHOUSE combines a restaurant and bar, beer garden and events space with a craft brewery and administration spaces and is remarkable for its modular container architecture.
Image Courtesy © GRAFT
- Architects: GRAFT
- Project: BRLO BRWHOUSE
- Location: BERLIN, GERMANY
- Software used: Autocad
- Client: Braukunst Berlin GmbH
- Founding Partners: Lars Krückeberg, Wolfram Putz, Thomas Willemeit
- Project Lead: Raphael N. Hemmer
- Project Team: Ralf Bliem, Felix Grauer
- Size: 600 m²
- Year: 2016
Thursday, May 18th, 2017
Article source: Dominique Perrault Architecture
The design of the two high-rise towers for the Donau-City in Vienna represents the concluding phase of a development extending over several decades: on what was originally a municipal rubbish tip the UNO-City was erected (1973–1979), tentative plans to hold the 1995 Vienna-Budapest EXPO here were soon abandoned, as a result architects Krischanitz and Neumann (commissioned by WED AG) produced an urban design masterplan for the area in 1992. The outcome is an entirely new urban district with a diverse range of functions.
Image Courtesy © VIENNE DCTOWER
- Architects: Dominique Perrault Architecture
- Project: DC Towers I + II
- Location: Donau-City, Vienna, Austria
- Photography: Michael Nagl and VIENNE DCTOWER
- Client: WED (Wiener Entwicklungsgesellschaft für den Donauraum AG)
- Associated architect: Hoffmann & Janz Architectes
- Engineering: Perrault Projets (architectural engineering ), Bollinger & Grohmann, Gmeiner Haferl Zivilingenieure ZT GmbH (structure), Werner Sobek Ingenieure (façades), ZFG – Projekt (fluids), Dr Pfeiler GmbH (Bauphysik), TB Eipeldauer & Partner GmbH (electricity), AXIS Ingenieursleistungen ZT GmbH (VRD), Wacker Ingenieure (wind study)
Thursday, May 18th, 2017
Article source: Masquespacio
Masquespacio presents the design for Albabel’s new restaurant in Picaña, a small town 8 km away from Valencia.
Antonio Ramirez was managing his pizzeria Albabel during more than 20 years in Picaña when he decided to contact Masquespacio, having a dream to convert his old restaurant in a completely new one. Being passionate about gastronomy both on a national as international level, Antonio since a few years had the wish to offer a new food concept that fusions the Mediterranean kitchen with some Andalusian from its own roots and a touch of international ingredients. For this new adventure, counting with the support of his brother Rafael he aspired to have a space in which he could feel like at home.
Image Courtesy © Luis Beltran
- Architects: Masquespacio
- Project: Albabel restaurant
- Location: Valencia, Spain
- Photography: Luis Beltran
- Client: Albabel
- Surface: 100 m2
Wednesday, May 17th, 2017
Article source: mar.s architects
From the original “boat” interior we only kept wooden ceiling and beams and gave the floors new coat of paint. The oak furniture wooden elements stand out thanks to monochrome interior, including the gemstone of the restaurant – Dry Ager – where the meat matures. The only colour elements that lit up the whole area are gold insides of the pendant lamps. The front wall is decorated with original graphic by Jakub Šejvl that refers to the origins of steaks.
Image Courtesy © BoysPlayNice – Jakub Skokan and Martin Tůma
- Architects: mar.s architects
- Project: Dock House
- Location: Michelská 59, Prague – Michle, Czech Republic
- Photography: BoysPlayNice – Jakub Skokan and Martin Tůma
- Investor: Dock food, s.r.o.
- Surface: 65m2
- Realization: 6-7 2016
Wednesday, May 17th, 2017
Article source: Tellini Vontobel Arquitetura
Perro Libre produce craft beers and have called us to create an innovative design with a system of 10 taps integrat-ed with ipads and card reader. The customer arrives, checks in and credits a value, thereby releasing the chopp taps.
The concept we created was to make a cool space, creative and different.
Image Courtesy © Cristiano Bauce
- Architects: Tellini Vontobel Arquitetura
- Project: Perro Libre Tap Room
- Location: Porto Alegre, Rs – Brazil
- Photography: Cristiano Bauce
- Client: Perro Libre
- Interior design: Tellini Vontobel Arquitetura
Tuesday, May 9th, 2017
Article source: JJA / Bespoke Architecture
TATE Dining Room and Bar on Hong Kong’s historic Hollywood Road is the newest iteration of this Michelin Rated Restaurant by founder Chef Vicky Lau. Winner of Asia’s Best Female Chef Award in 2015, Chef Lau transforms her dreams, memories, and conceptual ideas into artful gastronomic iterations. This bar designed in collaboration with James JJ Acuna of JJA / Bespoke Architecture, is the culmination of her creative process, taking the much talked about Artful Dining experience to new heights and new directions.
Image Courtesy © James John Jetel
- Architects: JJA / Bespoke Architecture (James JJ Acuna) in Collaboration With Chef Vicky Lau
- Project: Tate Dining Room and Bar, Butler Catering Services and Poem Cake and Pastry Shop
- Location: Hong Kong
- Photography: James John Jetel
- Client: Design Department (HK) LTD.
- Artist Collaborations: Elsa Jeandedieu and Calico Wallpaper
- Area: Approx. 2,200 sq.ft. (front of house) + 1,160 sq.ft. (back of house)
- Date of Completion: February 2017