Archive for the ‘Restaurant’ Category
Wednesday, June 3rd, 2015
Article source: Bas Tasarım
Mahir Lokantası where you can find Turkish traditional cuisine is located in Nisantasi, one of the most fashionable neigbourhoods of Istanbul.
The main idea for this project was to create a stylish yet accessible restaurant that felt comfortable for its customers with its warm atmosphere.
Image Courtesy © Bas Tasarım
- Architects: Bas Tasarım
- Project: Mahir Lokantası
- Location: Nişantaşı, Turkey
Thursday, May 28th, 2015
Article source: Carlo Berarducci Architecture
The project for a Japanese restaurant in Rome is inspired by the walkways in the forest bordered by the succession of black and glossy orange-red wooden portals, which lead to the temples of Fushimi Inari in Kyoto, of which reproduces colors and suggestions. “One of the most beautiful things in the world that I could not bring to mind the time when an opportunity was given to remake the interiors of my favorite Japanese restaurant in Rome”.
Image Courtesy © Carlo Berarducci Architecture
Wednesday, May 27th, 2015
Article source: Caroline Tissier Intérieurs
Restaurant \”David Toutain\” is an atypical and warm place makes of noble materials evoking the countryside. Association of leather, wood, polished concrete and brass which make of this place a unique place just like the star chef.
One big part of furniture and certain lamps were drawn by Caroline Tissier to offer to the restaurant owner a personalized interior design.
The decoration is just like the cooking of David Toutain, subtle, authentic and with a strong personality.
Image Courtesy © S.Biteau
- Architects: Caroline Tissier Intérieurs
- Project: 1 star gastronomic restaurant \”David Toutain\”
- Location: Paris, France
- Photography: S.Biteau
Sunday, May 24th, 2015
Article source: Parolio
Wanda is a new cafe and restaurant championing optimism in the Salamanca district of Madrid. “After the last few “gray” years of economic recession, I wanted to open a place that communicated the opposite: A projection of vitality, joy, color and a positive outlook on life. The problems and baggage must be left out of Wanda…”
Image Courtesy © Parolio
- Architects: Parolio
- Project: WANDA – CAFÉ OPTIMISTA
- Location: Madrid, Spain
Sunday, May 17th, 2015
Article source: Gustavo Guimarães Lda.
Love is an act of construction.
Miss’Opo is born from the desire to transport the Joy of intimacy to a more comprehensive life project, one of a public nature.
The Programme, six apartments, a restaurant space, a foyer/shop/gallery, a multipurpose space and technical areas are distributed throughout the building as if rooms in an old house.
Image Courtesy © Carlos Trancoso, Mariana Lopes
- Architects: Gustavo Guimarães Lda.
- Project: MISS’OPO Guest House
- Location: Oporto, Portugal
- Photography: Carlos Trancoso, Mariana Lopes
- Team: Cláudia Reis, Teresa Bento, Miguel Fernandes, Carla Cruz
- Client: Miss’Opo
- Fire Engineering: GPIC, MEW (Mechanical, ELEC, Water) GPIC, Fernanda Valente
- Program: Guest House&Restaurant (760 square meters)
- Awards: Selected for the 1st edition of “Respect for Architecture” Oporto 2012
- Status: Built
- Year: 2010/2012
Sunday, May 17th, 2015
Article source: HHD_FUN
The International Horticultural Exposition 2014 opened in Qingdao on April 25th; the two service centers, “Heavenly Water (Tianshui)” and “Earthy Pond (Dichi)”, are named after the two extant lakes on Baiguo Mountain where the buildings are respectively located. As the primary architecture of the Expo area, the buildings undertook multiple functions including circulation hub, activity center, restaurant, recreational landscape, cultural communication, exhibition, etc. Considering the distinctive nature of the architecture and its geographical location, the following unique relationships require particular design treatments.
Image Courtesy © Zhenfei Wang
- Architects: HHD_FUN
- Project: Heavenly Water Service Center of International Horticultural Exposition 2014
- Location: Qingdao, Shandong, China
- Photography: Zhenfei Wang, DuoCai Photograph
- LDI: BDGQingdao beiyang architectural design co., LTD
- Site area: 23000 m2
- Floor area: 6539 m2
- Completion Date: 2011-2014
Friday, May 15th, 2015
Article source: Architecture Patrick Mauger
Located on the tip of the Cotentin peninsula, this architectural complex placed on the French supplementary historic monuments list aims to increase the number of tourists visiting the area and develop its natural and ethnological heritage.
Image Courtesy © Didier Boy de la Tour
- Architects: Architecture Patrick Mauger
- Project: Le Tourp Cultural Center
- Location: Manoir du Tourp, 50440 Omonville-la-Rogue, France
- Photography: Didier Boy de la Tour
- Collaborators: Thierry Jourd’heuil landscape architect ,Normaprim, RFR., Hauguel & Mazier, Vareille
- Programme: Exhibition and documentation space, offices, accommodation, restaurant
- Client: Conservatoire du Littoral, La Hague Federation of Municipalities
- Budget: 5.9 M€
- Status: Delivered in 2002
Saturday, May 9th, 2015
Article source: archi5
The purpose here is to give a high school consistent with the city of Gisors. An institution rooted in a city of human scale and rich historical references. A city which kept his medieval past and his contemporary rural environment.
Historically the two high schools are adjacent, now closely linked by the administration and running, it is time to unite Louise Michel and Louis Aragon high schools.
Image Courtesy © Sergio Grazia
- Architects: archi5
- Project: Gisors Louise Michel and Louis Aragon high schools
- Location: Gisors, France
- Photography: Sergio Grazia
- Program: Rehabilitation and extension of the high schools. Restaurant, student housings, sports hall.
- Environmental specifications: Low consumption building B Class
- Egis Centre ouest: Economist, engineer, structure, fluid, acoustic deisgner
- Kitchen engineer: BBN Conseils
- Surface: 19 150 m² refurbished. 6 400 m² of new buildings
- Cost: 24 451 497 € Excl. Tax.
- Timetable: Competition prize winner july 2010 – Completion 2015
Thursday, May 7th, 2015
Article source: Liong Lie Architects
Fish restaurant Divinatio is located at the historical harbor of Utrecht, The Netherlands. The objective was to realize a restaurant with a maritime feel for the upper segment of the market. The building is designed to be functional. The contrasts – rough on the outside and smooth on the inside – have been translated in the design. The interior has to appeal to a broad and contemporary group, without discouraging the more traditional public. The visibility lines create oversight and views and the niches create a feeling of intimacy. When choosing the materials, Liong Lie (the architect) took both the visual as tangible effects into account. Leather, blue glass and Corian® have been used in the design. The open kitchen is framed in white Corian® and has a dark back wall which creates the illusion of cooks standing in a theatre. The walls have been covered with an acoustic clay plaster that has a mother of pearl effect which shimmers in the sunlight. The ceiling is made out of tufted leather panels to improve the acoustics. The chandelier appears to be rotating by the computerized lighting that increases and decreases in strength. A reference to a light house. At night the curiosity of the passerby is raised by the big illuminated glass bay window.
Image Courtesy © Christiaan de Bruijne
- Architects: Liong Lie Architects
- Project: DIVINATIO
- Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Photography: Christiaan de Bruijne
- ENTREPRENEURS: Grand Catering
- FINISHING: Brandwacht & Meijer
- WINNER OF VENUEZ BEST RESTAURANT DESIGN 2008
Thursday, May 7th, 2015
Article source: CAA
This is a whole set brand space design for a chain. CAA brand team , is leading the design from brand strategy , ideas to supervision on the construction. The whole idea originates from traditional Chinese “bamboo weaving” elements combine with western “Arch” structure. Implementing modulization to realize it. Now it’s presenting Eastern Nostalgia experience and post-modernism.
Image Courtesy © CAA
- Architects: CAA
- Project: Jordan Road Restaurant & Bar
- Location: Hong Kong, China
- Creative Director: Liu Haowei
- Brand Strategy: CAA Brand Team
- Project Type: Catering Brand
- Project Area: 400㎡
- Design Date:10/2014
- Completion Date: 02/2015