Archive for the ‘Restaurant’ Category
Wednesday, October 8th, 2014
Article source: CHYBIK + KRISTOF ASSOCIATED ARCHITECTS
The winning project of an international tender for the Czech Republic‘s pavilion at the World‘s Fair EXPO 2015 in Milan came from a young pair CHYBIK+KRISTOF ASSOCIATED ARCHITECTS. The pavilion is a house and an experience. But its life does not end when the World‘s Fair is over.
The submitter of the competition was the Office of the Commissioner of participation of the Czech Republic at the World‘s fair EXPO. At the end of 2013, the architects Ondrej Chybík and Michal Kristof won with the company KOMA Modular s.r.o., which will carry out the construction.
Image Courtesy © CHYBIK + KRISTOF
- Architects: CHYBIK + KRISTOF ASSOCIATED ARCHITECTS
- Project: Czech pavilion at EXPO 2015
- Location: Milan, Italy
- Team: Ondrej Chybik, Michal Kristof, Krystof Foltyn, Pavel Hruza, Vojtech Kouril, Veronika Mikulkova, Radim Musil
- Partners: Miss3.cz – visualizations
- Status: international public competition, 1st prize
- Client: The Office of the Commissioner of participation of the Czech Republic at EXPO 2015
- Implementation: KOMA Modular s.r.o.
- Program: exhibition pavilion, restaurant, swimming pool
- Size: 3 200 m2
- Year: 2013-15
Tuesday, October 7th, 2014
Article source: RARE architecture
Porte 12 designers, award wining studio RARE architecture, conceived a precise and textured design interpretation of the sleek and exacting cuisine of chef Vincent Crepel’s new restaurant. Housed in a former sewing and lingerie workshop in Paris’s new culinary district, Porte 12 is a contemporary ode to craftsmanship and the refinement of manual labor through both the design and its young chef’s cuisine. Top ten of the best restaurants in the world, the chef/artist André Chiang of Restaurant ANDRE in Singapore, is the helping force behind the “bistronomique” adventure of his longtime protégé.
Image Courtesy © RARE architecture
Thursday, October 2nd, 2014
Article source: MM18 ARCHITECTS
Ramona is a restaurant with bar and pocket show spaces, located on the ground floor of a building at a very famous corner downtown. São Paulo
The program is distributed in 3 levels (basement, ground floor and mezzanine) and the aesthetic (concept?) emerged from the existing structure that has been preserved, the slab grid that was hidden under a plaster lining.
Image Courtesy © PEDRO VANNUCHI
- Architects: MM18 ARCHITECTS
- Project: RAMONA RESTAURANT
- Location: SAO PAULO, Brazil
- Photography: PEDRO VANNUCHI
- TEAM: Mila Strauss + Marcos Paulo Caldeira
- INTERIOR: MM18 ARCHITECTURE
- PROJECT START DATE: JUNE 2012
- Date of BUILDING: JAN 2013
- LAND AREA: 178,76m²
- BUILT AREA: 358,90m²
Saturday, September 27th, 2014
Article source: TechneArchitecture + Interior Design
“Mr Big Stuff, who do you think you are? You wear all those fancy clothes and have a big fine car,” sang Jean Knight.
This new restaurant and bar located in Meyers Place, Melbourne shares its name with the iconic song ‘Mr Big Stuff’ from the 1970’sand sets the tone for both the food offering and the space itself.
Image Courtesy © TechneArchitecture + Interior Design
Wednesday, September 24th, 2014
Architects: Triopton Architects
The newly designed restaurant, Pitulka Eatery by Triopton Architects in Victoria Athens, adds a modern touch to the area with a sensibility to materials, culture and lifestyle. Defined as the “ancient pie”, the word Pitulka is one of the first reports to a Greek pie, approximately 7000 years ago.
Image Courtesy © Dimitris Kleanthis
- Architects: Triopton Architects
- Project: Pitulka Eatery
- Location: Athens, Greece
- Photography: Dimitris Kleanthis
- Design Team: Hysolli Edis, Sergios Eleftherios, Vourliotis Dimitrios
- Construction: K-Constructions
- Address: 7 Cheiden Street, Victoria Square
- Area: 62 sqm
Friday, September 12th, 2014
Article source: Estudi Josep Cortina
In 2010, after many years dedicated to the formation and execution of great works in a renowned interior design office in Barcelona, Josep Cortina breathes life into his own interpretation of the creative process under the name of Estudi Josep Cortina, a multidisciplinary studio based on interior and industrial design.
Image Courtesy © Mauricio Fuertes
- Architects: Estudi Josep Cortina
- Project: UMO RESTAURANT
- Location: Carrer de Tarragona, Barcelona
- Photography: Mauricio Fuertes
- Designing time: 3 months
- Finishing time: January 2014
Friday, September 5th, 2014
Article source: MZArchitecture
French architectural practice MZArchitecture carried out the architectural and interior design for Yo’Mo Lounge, an upmarket Lebanese and Mediterranean lounge restaurant in the heart of Cannes, South of France. The 200m² restaurant has three main areas – a lounge furnished with armchairs and sofas designed for convivial aperitifs, the main restaurant with bespoke banquette seating, and a 12 seat private chef’s table with a view to the open kitchen.
Image Courtesy © MZArchitecture
- Architects: MZArchitecture
- Project: Yo’Mo Lounge
- Location: Cannes, France
Tuesday, August 19th, 2014
Article source: K-STUDIO
OPSO is an all-day restaurant situated on the corner of Paddington Street and Nottingham Place in the London neighbourhood of Marylebone.
The brief was to create a design that would reflect the overall philosophy of the restaurant: Greek inspired, London made. For this concept to come across successfully the design, the menu and the branding had to come together coherently in one identity. We worked closely with the whole team to ensure that the design of the space is seen as a natural physical extension of the OPSO concept.
Image Courtesy © Tom Gildon
- Architects: K-STUDIO
- Project: OPSO
- Location: London W1U 5QL, UK
- Photography: Tom Gildon
- Main Contractor: OWN Property & Development
- M&E Engineer: OWN Property & Development
- Structural Engineer: Michael Alexander Consulting Engineers
- Lighting Engineer: HALO.
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2014
Article source: ROSSETTI
This popular arena in Boston is home to both the NBA Boston Celtics and the NHL Boston Bruins. It hosts more than 3.5 million guests each year and 200 public events annually. Nearly 20 years old, the venue’s fan amenities lagged behind most pro sports arenas.
Image Courtesy © ROSSETTI
- Architects: ROSSETTI
- Project: TD Garden Renovation
Tuesday, July 22nd, 2014
Article source: Atelier I-N-D-J
G九成都 or G9 Chengdu – sits like a jewel lined cave directly adjacent to the luxury woman’s wear section of China’s most exclusive and latest department Store: Lane Crawford Chengdu.
Image Courtesy © Atelier I-N-D-J
- Architects: Atelier I-N-D-J
- Project: G9 Lane Crawford Chengdu
- Location: Chengdu, China
- size: 183sqm