Archive for the ‘Restaurant’ Category
Tuesday, April 29th, 2014
Article source: Plazma Architecture Studio
Kukumuku is a restaurant–theatre designed for families with kids and located in the heart of Vilnius city centre. The idea to open such a niche restaurant came up due to the fact that public places are rarely adapted to accomodate the needs of the youngest members of the families. This is why, during the whole process of designing the Kukumuku restaurant, the main goal was to pay full attention to what is it that the kids want.
Image Courtesy © Leonas Garbačauskas
- Architects: Plazma Architecture Studio
- Project: Restaurant and theater for kids KUKUMUKU
- Location: Vilnius, Lithuania
- Photography: Leonas Garbačauskas
- Software used: Autocad, Archicad and 3dsmax
- Architect In Charge: Evelina Talandzevičienė, Laura Janavičiūtė, Dina Sargautienė
- Area: 300 m2
- Year completed: 2014
List of manufacturers and suppliers
- Flooring: Wicanders
- Chairs: TON
- Children chairs and suspended luminaires: Bevargo
- Beanbags: PUSKU PUSKU
- Tables: Andreu World
- Wall graphics: PETPUNK
- Upholsteru: Sedes Regia
Saturday, April 19th, 2014
Article source: Modourbano Architectural Design
Qking, the first space of Corestaurant network, will open in the coming April. Corestaurant is a place that offers the customer the opportunity to play, for a day, as a Chef. Corestaurant is a start-up that comes from the idea of sharing a passion: cooking with friends and colleagues.
Image Courtesy © Simone Bossi
Saturday, April 19th, 2014
Article source: Jean de Lessard, Designer Créatif
Incredibly enveloping, sexy… These are the words that best describe Chez Carl Tapas & BBQ, a new Nun’s Island restaurant created by the interior designer Jean de Lessard. This time, the designer explores the hidden dimension of space with amazing results!.
Image Courtesy © Adrien Williams
- Architects: Jean de Lessard, Designer Créatif
- Project: Chez Carl Tapas & BBQ Restaurant
- Location: Nun’s Island, Canada
- Photography: Adrien Williams
- Client: Restaurant Chez Carl tapas & BBQ
- Design: Jean de Lessard, designers créatifs
- General contractor: Castle Reno (Paul Cantwell)
- Restaurant: 1,229 square feet
- Dining capacity: nearly 70 places
Thursday, April 3rd, 2014
Article source: ANTHRACITE ARCHITECTURE 2.0
Restaurant & auditorium ‘LE CARROUSEL’ by ANTHRACITE architecture 2.0 in collaboration with David CRAS architect. The building is located in a new business district of the city [Rennes, FR]where are located main headquarters. The site is well connected with the main highway which bring traffic from the north to the south part of city. Rennes, is the major city of Brittany region, and has a population over 200 000 inhabitants.
Image Courtesy © ANTHRACITE ARCHITECTURE 2.0
Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014
Article source: APOLLO Architects & Associates
This is a rebuilding plan for a long-established eel restaurant that has been in business for 85 years in downtown Tokyo. Due to a full-scale road expansion plan, the owner was obliged to reduce the site area. The owner decided to welcome the 100 year anniversary of the restaurant in a renewed shop and planned an RC structured shop with residence.
Image Courtesy © APOLLO Architects & Associates
Wednesday, April 2nd, 2014
Article source: Michael Jantzen
About 35 years ago Michael Jantzen designed the concept for a windowless revolving restaurant that would replace its windows with large video screens. This was of course before the Internet, HDTV, etc. The basic idea was that instead of building a structure high enough to place a restaurant on top (in order to get a great view) he would mount real time video cameras onto the top of a tall support tower built into the center of the restaurant, which was to be constructed on the ground level. The real time view seen by the cameras on top of the tower would be sent down into the perimeter of the restaurant. The cameras would be slowly rotating so that the customers inside of the restaurant would feel as though the entire building was rotating.
Image Courtesy © Michael Jantzen
Tuesday, April 1st, 2014
Article source: 10 DESIGN
On 13th September 2013, Zhongxun Group and 10 DESIGN jointly hosted a press conference in Chongqing to unveil the design for Zhongxun Times, which will be the first within the 800,000 sqm Danzishi CBD(also designed by 10 DESIGN) to be built by spring 2015.
This mixed use office and retail development sits centrally within the CBDis located on the banks of the Yangtze River.
Image Courtesy © 10 DESIGN
- Architects: 10 DESIGN
- Project: Zhongxun Times
- Location: CHONGQING, CHINA
- Client: ZhongXun Group
- Function: Office, Food & Beverage, Retail
- Commencement Date: 2012
- Completion Date: 2015
- Design Company: 10 DESIGN
- Designer: Gordon Affleck, Design Partner
- Arch Design Team: Gordon Affleck, Ross Milne, Brian Fok, Jamie Webb, Ryan Leong, Nigel Height, Frisly Colop Morales, Jason Easter, Lukasz Wawrzenczyk, Colin Aston, Francisco Fajardo, Mike Kwok, Dan Narita, Caterina Choi, Laura RusconiClerici, Kevis Wong
- CGI: Shane Dale, Jon Martin, Miguel Vicente, Yasser Salomon
Thursday, March 20th, 2014
Article source: PRISM DESIGN
The Project place is Beijing Galaxy_Soho in China.
Client request is provide seafood in Restaurant, such as the deep sea.
Project began with this request.
Image Courtesy © TAMAKO SADA
- Architects: PRISM DESIGN (TOMOHIRO KATSUKI, MASANORI KOBAYASHI and REIJI KOBAYASHI)
- Project: Sea Fest Restaurant
- Location: Beijing, China
- Photography: TAMAKO SADA
- Total floor area: 300 square meters (Kitchen 100 square meters)
- Design period: Sep.2013 – Jen.2013
- Construction period: Jan.2014 – Sep.2013
- Construction: Shanghai Joint Design & Construction Co,.Ltd
Thursday, March 13th, 2014
Article source: Elías Rizo Arquitectos
Located in a commercial area to the west of the city of Guadalajara, the project developed from the idea of creating a building with a removable metal frame capable of holding a machine with artificial waves for surfing, complemented by an architectural program consisting of bathroom dressing rooms, restaurant and administration which orbit around the main attraction.
Image Courtesy © Marcos García
- Architects: Elías Rizo Arquitectos
- Project: PUNTO SURF
- Location: Jalisco, México
- Photography: Marcos García
- Collaborators: Jenny Mora, Paola Hernández, Alma Osnaya, Jenny Camarena, Gabriela Chávez, Roberto Contreras, Rigo González, Andrea Zúñiga, Daniela Valdez, Maripily Roel, Diana Reséndiz, Rodrigo Ortega.
- Constructor: Ing. César Cervantes López
- Iluminación: Construlita
- Year finshed: 2013
- Project area: 1216 m2
Thursday, March 13th, 2014
Article source: SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS
The multidisciplinary team includes Sou Fujimoto Architects, Nicolas Laisné Associés, Manal Rachdi Oxo Architects, engineer André Verdier, environmental engineering agency Franck Boutté Consultants, landscaping team Bassinet Turquin, designer Lumière Studio, and inspection firm Socotec and Casso et Associés. It was picked to design the 10,000 m² mixed-use tower to accommodate a housing programme, restaurant, art gallery, panoramic bar and offices.
Image Courtesy © SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS + NICOLAS LAISNE ASSOCIES + MANAL RACHDI OXO ARCHITECTS
- Architects: SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS
- Project: L’Arbre Blanc (The White Tree)
- Location: Montpellier, France
- Photography: SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS, NICOLAS LAISNE ASSOCIES and MANAL RACHDI OXO ARCHITECTS
- TYPE: Closed competition
- ARCHITECT TEAMS: SOU FUJIMOTO ARCHITECTS + NICOLAS LAISNE ASSOCIES + MANAL RACHDI OXO ARCHITECTS
- DEVELOPMENT: PROMEO PATRIMOINE: Gilbert Ganivenq, Cyrill Meynadier, EVOLIS PROMOTION: Francis Lamazère, Alain Gillet
- SURFACE AREA: 10,225 m2
- STATUS: Winner
- STRUCTURAL ENGINEER: ANDRE VERDIER (Montpellier, France)
- DESIGN AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING: FRANK BOUTTÉ CONSULTANTS (Paris, France)
- LANDSCAPING: BASSINET TURQUIN PAYSAGE (Paris, France)
- LIGHTING DESIGNER: ODILE SOUDANT (Paris, France)
- INSPECTIONS: SOCOTEC (Montpellier, France), CASSO & ASSOCIES (Paris, France)
- PERSPECTIVE: RSI studio, Manal Rachdi Oxo architectes. Nicolas Laisné associés.