Archive for the ‘Restaurant’ Category
Thursday, January 16th, 2014
Article source: SHH Architects
SHH has completely redesigned the National Railway Museum’s hospitality offer, following a commission by long-term client Levy Restaurants, the sports, leisure and hospitality division of Compass Group UK & Ireland, which provides catering services at the museum. The radical revamp involved the rebadging and redesign of the popular York attraction’s two main restaurants, as well as creating a third new offer in an external, courtyard space.
Image Courtesy © Alastair Lever
- Architects: SHH Architects
- Project: National Railway Museum restaurant
- Location: York, U.K
- Photography: Alastair Lever
- Client: Levy Restaurants / The National Media Museum
- QS/Project Manager: KMB Ltd
- Main Contractor: Dimension
- Shipping Container Contractor: White Circle
Tuesday, January 14th, 2014
Article source: MEMA Arquitectos
Located in one of the busiest streets of the city of Bogotá, The Fabulous is a high end Bar / Restaurant with capacity for about 500 people. The space that is enveloped by a wood timbertissue is designed as an acoustic element for the place.
Image Courtesy © Mauricio Mendoza
- Architects: MEMA Arquitectos
- Project: EL FABULOSO
- Location: Bogotá, Colombia
- Photography: Mauricio Mendoza
- Interior Design: MEMA Arquitectos + Collete Studio
- Furniture Design: Colette Studio
- Date: Octubre 2013
- Size: 420 m2
Thursday, January 9th, 2014
Article source: FGMF Arquitetos
Occupying a lot at Alameda Jaú in the Jardins district, São Paulo, Deliqatê is a restaurant specialized in gourmet sandwiches and is the first enterprise from this group of investors whose intention is to take it to other capital cities in the country.
Image Courtesy © Rafaela Netto
- Architects: FGMF Arquitetos
- Project: Restaurante Deliqatê
- Location: São Paulo, Brasil
- Photography: Rafaela Netto
- Type of Construction: Comercial
- Site área: 148,00 m²
- Building area: 275,22 m²
- Project Beginning: 2012
- Construction completion: 2013
- Builder: FOZ Engenharia
- Structural Engineer: Stec do Brasil
- Electrical and Plumbing Engineer: Ramoska & Castellani
- Lighting Designer: Marcos Castilha
- Landscape Designer: Cali Paisagismo
Saturday, January 4th, 2014
Article source: Acconci Studio
A bowl that morphs into a dome that morphs back into a bowl… The bowl is a theater — the dome a café, restaurant – the warping of dome into bowl & vice versa makes a playground. Light glows up fromthe bleachers & down from the dome; water pours down the shell of the dome.
Image Courtesy © Elvira Klamminger
- Architects: Acconci Studio (V.A., Dario Nunez, Stephen Roe, Peter Dorsey, Thomas Siegl, Gia Wolff, Sergio Prego)
- Project: MUR ISLAND
- Location: Graz, Austria
- Photography: Harry Schiffer, Elvira Klamminger, Vito Acconci.
Tuesday, December 24th, 2013
Article source: Handel Architects LLP
Located in Abu Dhabi’s new Al Maryah Island financial district between the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange and the Cleveland Clinic, Rosewood Abu Dhabi is a new 1,099,000 sq. ft. (102,000 m²) luxury, mixed-use development. The complex includes a five-star 189-room Rosewood hotel, 131 serviced apartments, banquet facilities, meeting facilities, spa, fitness center, retail space, restaurants, and parking.
Image Courtesy © Lester Ali
- Architects: Handel Architects LLP
- Project: Rosewood Abu Dhabi
- Location: United Arab Emirates
- Photography: Lester Ali, Don Riddle, Gerry O’Leary
- Completion Date: October 2013
- Lead Design Firm: Handel Architects
- Lead Designer: Glenn Rescalvo, AIA, Partner
- Size: 1,099,000 sq. ft. (102,000 m²)
- Software used: Autocad.
Sunday, December 22nd, 2013
Article source: OMA
De Rotterdam is conceived as a vertical city: three interconnected mixed-use towers accommodating offices, apartments, a hotel, conference facilities, shops, restaurants, and cafes. The project began in 1997. Construction started at the end of 2009, with completion in 2013.
Image Courtesy © Michel van de Kar
- Architects: OMA
- Project: A mixed-use vertical city
- Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Photography: Michel van de Kar, Charlie Koolhaas, Ossip van Duivenbode, Philippe Ruault, OMA
- Status: Commission 1997, groundbreaking December 2009, completion November 2013
- Clients: De Rotterdam CV, The Hague (Joint venture MAB, The Hague, OVG, Rotterdam)
- Site: Former harbor waterfront between KPN tower and Cruise Terminal at Kop van Zuid
- Program: Total 162,000m2: offices 72,000m2; 240 apartments 34,5000m2; hotel (278 rooms), congress, restaurant 19,000m2; retail, F&B 1,000m2; leisure 4,500m2; parking (approx. 650 vehicles) 31,000m2
- Partners in charge: Rem Koolhaas, Reinier de Graaf, Ellen van Loon
- Associate in charge: Kees van Casteren Team 1997–2001 (50% SD): Christina Beaumont, Stefan Bendiks, Frans Blok, Robert Cheoff, Bert Karel Deuten, Sharon Goren, Juan Guardetti, Jens Holm, Alex de Jong, Adam Kurdahl, Carolien Ligtenberg, Anna Little, Nuno Rosado, Saskia Simon, Johan de Wachter, Barbara Wolff.
- Team 2007–08 (50% SD – building permit): Chantal Aquilina, Eva Dietrich, Anita Ernödi, Markus Frank, Jonah Gamblin, Clarisa Garcia-Fresco, Alex de Jong, Michel van de Kar, Christoph Michael, Elida Mosquera, Mauro Parravicini, Ippolito Pestellini Laparelli, Raphael Pulido, Louise Sullivan, Olaf Turck, Manuel Villanueva, with: Chun Chiu, Duncan Flemington, Evangelos Kotsioris, Sören Martinussen, Nobuki Ogasahara, Theo Petrides, Benoit Schelstraete, Ian Schopa, Kyo Stockhaus, Joao Viera Costa, Luca Vigliero, Jussi Vuori, Jean-Paul Willemse.
- Team 2009–13 (construction phase, interiors): Michel van de Kar (associate), Marlies Boterman, Christoph Michael, with: Katrien van Dijk, Nathalie Gozdziak, Sai Shu, Saskia Simon, Tomas Dirrix, Erik de Haan, Jue Qiu, Pal Trodahl.
- Interiors hotel (2013): Saskia Simon, Marina Cogliani, Clive Hennessey, Yasuhito Hirose, Arminas Sadzevicius.
Sunday, December 22nd, 2013
Article source: Celano Design Studio
Larchmont, NYItalianAmerican Chef Nick Di Bona has partnered with New Yorkbased Celano Design Studio to create his first restaurant, Madison Kitchen.
A native of Westchester, 28 year old Chef Di Bona has already proven himself a creative force in his own right, serving as Executive Chef at the renowned Pratt’s Inn and helping to bring its highest Zagat rating to date. Madison Kitchen will be Di Bona’s first solo restaurant venture, and will feature Di Bona’s personal twist on New American. “I wanted to offer an eclectic mix of good food. Westchester has a lot to offer, Asian markets, Italian grocers.” Inspired by Di Bona’s ItalianAmerican background, his respect for fresh and locally sourced ingredients, and his continuous search for new combinations of food and flavor, Madison Kitchen will bring delicious, inventive cuisine to Larchmont.
Image Courtesy © Celano Design Studio
Thursday, December 19th, 2013
Article source: Plan 9 Architecture
Image Courtesy © Plan 9 Architecture
- Architects: Plan 9 Architecture
- Project: Ristorante Sapore
- Location: Istanbul, Turke
- Software used: Autocad, 3ds Max, Vray and Photoshop
Tuesday, December 17th, 2013
Article source: BONE Structure®
With the inauguration of its new space, the restaurant-bar Brasseur de Montréal becomes the Montreal showcase for a commercial application of the BONE Structure® light steel construction system.
Using BONE Structure technology, part of Brasseur de Montréal’s outdoor terrace was closed in to expand the restaurant by 2,000 square feet, doubling its capacity with seating for 85 extra diners. “Our new space is superb,” notes Marc-André Gauvreau, vice-president and founder of Brasseur de Montréal, “with lots of light and an industrial feel that fits with the restaurant’s ambience. And it was all built in just two days, with no dust or waste.
Image Courtesy © BONE Structure®
- Architects: BONE Structure®
- Project: BRASSEUR DE MONTRÉAL
- Location: GRIFFINTOWN, Canada
Thursday, December 5th, 2013
Article source: Pascale Girardin
Anthology I & II is the title of ceramicist Pascale Girardin’s latest artwork, which has recently been unveiled in the Peninsula Hotel, New York, NY. The culmination of eight months work and throwing of over 1200 stoneware pieces, the twin sculptures are an important milestone for the Canadian artist, marking her first public work to be installed in the Big Apple.
Image Courtesy © Evan Dion
- Architects: Pascale Girardin
- Project: Newly Opened Clement Restaurant greets diners with sophistication
- Location: New York, United States
- Photography: Evan Dion
- Studio location: Montréal
- Project: Anthology I & II
- Client: Peninsula Hotel – Clement Restaurant
- Interior design: Yabu Pushelberg
- Completion date: Octobre 2013