Archive for the ‘Restaurant’ Category
Tuesday, March 14th, 2017
Article source: Infiniski
The architectonical concept behind Estado Puro was inspired by Paco Roncero’s approach towards what is supposed to be “typically Spanish”. In his case “cuisine” is based on innovation and experiment while preserving their origins. We proposed to redefine the popular symbolic images of Spain by giving the twist to what’s traditional in order to achieve a chic and sophisticated yet folk ambient. Spanish classical comb “La Peineta” is the chosen to star such an objective.
Image Courtesy © Gonzalo Mayoral
- Architects: James & Mau
- Project: Stado Puro Tepa
- Location: Calle San Sebastián 2, Madrid Hotel NH Palacio de Tepa. Madrid, Spain
- Photography: Gonzalo Mayoral
- Charge: Pure State Tapas, Bar NH Hotels for Paco Roncero
- Builder: Prodeco
- Built: 2008
Tuesday, March 14th, 2017
Article source: HappyANTS Interior Architecture and Design
The owners of the snack bar within the building of Leroy Merlin are Cypriot Americans who worked in the restaurant business in the US before returning home to Cyprus. It was the flair of the traditional American dinner that we wanted to bring to this space in a more industrial way to match the industrial building hosting it.
This project was in collaboration with interior designer Leonidas Leonidou.
Self service restaurant and dinner Deb, Image Courtesy © HappyANTS Interior Architecture and Design
- Architects: HappyANTS Interior Architecture and Design
- Project: Deb’s Dinner Snack Bar | Leroy Merlin
- Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
- Materials used: concrete/ acrylic glass/ membranes/ stainless steel/ pvc/ aluminum/ versatile fabric
Sunday, March 12th, 2017
Article source: Modourbano Architettura
MODOURBANO is a network of professionals coming from different cultural backgrounds and with wide international experience. Founded in early 2010, MODOURBANO is engaged in the development of innovative & sustainable solutions for contemporary architecture, design.
The Atkinson concept comes from the idea of creating an enveloping and warm space for Peabodys customers. Wood has been used on all surfaces; from floor to furniture such as tables and counter.
Image Courtesy © SIMONE BOSSI
- Architects: Modourbano Architettura
- Project: PBDY Peabodys Coffee Shop
- Location: Atkinson Morley Wing St. George’s Hospital Blackshaw Rd, London SW17 0QT, United Kingdom
- Photography: Simone Bossi
- Software used: Grasshopper
- Client: Peabodys Coffee Limited
- General Contractor: North West Commercial Construction Ltd
- Collaborators: Ambra Chiesa, Luca Colli, Lorenzo Cristoforetti, Milan Dragoljevic, Ester Ippolito, Veronica Julita, Ana Magro Figueiredo ,Hervé Matondo Fundani
- Consultants: Alessandro Costa
- Coffee shop: 83 m²
- Project: 2016
- Built: January 2017
Wednesday, March 8th, 2017
Article source: Elliott + Associates Architects
- This is the first rooftop restaurant on campus.
- It will be a new experience with views 90’ above the street.
- There is seating for 256 including 54 on the East Roof deck.
- The panoramic views…you can see 25 miles in all directions.
- The transparency lets the sky come into the space…
- Imagine a restaurant in a
- Imagine a personal
- Imagine dining while cantilevered over the edge of the building…lunch while floating.
The south elevation of Chesapeake Building 14 with the 6th floor Skyline Restaurant cantilevered over the edge. The form frames the downtown view. The lattice creates sun shading, Image Courtesy © Scott McDonald (Hedrich Blessing)
- Architects: Elliott + Associates Architects
- Project: Chesapeake Car Park 3
- Location: Oklahoma City, USA
- Photography: Scott McDonald (Hedrich Blessing)
- Client: Chesapeake Energy Corporation
- Scope: 14,160 sq. ft.; 2,080 sq. ft. roof deck
- Completed: 2014
Tuesday, March 7th, 2017
Article source: Studio Fuksas
The MyZeil Shopping Mall covers an area of 77,000 square meters, a structure that includes shops, leisure spaces, kids areas, restaurants, fitness center and parking.
The building is spread over 6 floors, the shopping area from level -1 to the third floor, while from the fourth floor, which serves as a square and meeting place, there are the fitness area and restaurants.
Image Courtesy © Karsten Monnerjahn
- Architects: Studio Fuksas (Massimiliano and Doriana Fuksas)
- Project: MyZeil
- Location: Grosse Eschenheimer Strasse 10-14, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Photography: Karsten Monnerjahn, Moreno Maggi and Gianmarco Chieregato
- Client: PalaisQuartier GmBH & CO., KG
- Structures: Knippers-Helbig Beratende Ingenieure, Stuttgart; Krebs und Kiefer Beratende Ingenieure für das Bauwesen GmbH, Darmstadt
- Realization of the façade and covering: Waagner Biro Stahlbau AG, Wien
- Cost: 135,000,000 Euros
- Built surface: 77,000 sq.m.
- Façade: 8,500 sq.m.
- Cover: 13,000 sq.m.
- Period: 2002-2009
Sunday, March 5th, 2017
Article source: Masquespacio
Masquespacio presents its last design for Hikari Yakitori Bar, the second project from the founders of Nozomi Sushi Bar, located in the same district of Ruzafa in Valencia two steps ahead from their actual restaurant.
After the big success of Nozomi sushi bar with a waiting list of 2 months, founders José Miguel and Nuria, together with their disciple Clara, decided to continue to study their passion for Japanese food. This time they wanted to introduce a totally new concept through Hikari, Yakitori Bar, traduced literally in a skewers bar that as well as his big brother Nozomi carries on the name of a high velocity Japanese train. Differently to the previous project the interior designed by creative consultancy Masquespacio, has been inspired by the different quarters and alleys of Kabukicho, Omoide Yokocho y Hajimeya in Tokyo, where most of the of the yakitori bars are established.
Image Courtesy © Luis Beltran
- Architects: Masquespacio
- Project: Hikari Yakitori Bar
- Location: Calle dels Tomasos 18, 46006 Valencia, Spain
- Photography: Luis Beltran
- Software used: 3D Max.
- Client: Hikari
- Art Director/Designer: Ana Hernández
- Architect: Paula Pina
- Architect junior: Jessica Alejos
- Technical investigation: José Espejo
- Graphic Design: Ana García
- Construction: Helix
Sunday, March 5th, 2017
Article source: DROZDOV & PARTNERS Ltd.
Located in the very heart of kharkov’s busy downtown, ave plaza inevitably became a new commercial hub of the city, attracting visitors with a variety of shops and restaurants, as well as with its striking appearance. the new building fills a gap in the historic tissue along the red line of the street, providing smooth transition between two existing scales. although the building has a relatively small footprint, it proves to be highly efficient due to well thought-out circulation, which provides access to numerous facilities on each of the four commercial floors. in order to achieve maximum efficiency of the retail centre, the volume of the building is pierced by an ellipsoid atrium with a peninsular tower in the middle. the tower is occupied by a variety of restaurants, encouraging visitors to climb higher to the upper floors. the tower inside the atrium creates a lively atmosphere, without spoiling the sightlines and the entire visual perception of the interior space. occupying one fourth of the total area, the atrium represents an allusion to a city quarter. it is topped by a roof garden on the level of the fourth floor.
Image Courtesy © Andrey Avdeenko
- Architects: DROZDOV & PARTNERS Ltd. (Irina Goydenko, Oleg Drozdov, Vyacheslav Zhemir, Aleksandr Zhydkov, Dmitry Zhuykov, Denis Moseyko, Aleksey Yakymenko)
- Project: Ave Plaza
- Location: Sumskaya Str., Kharkiv, Ukraine
- Photography: Andrey Avdeenko
- Client: avek & co
- Size: 23400 m2
- Status: Realized (2011)
Sunday, March 5th, 2017
Article source: Caro Communications
Knight Dragon unveils a new £1billion landmark, designed by international architect and engineer Santiago Calatrava, at the heart of its transformation of Greenwich Peninsula.
This major new landmark is set to transform Greenwich Peninsula, London’s emerging cultural district. Residents and visitors to the Peninsula will arrive from the tube into an 80ft high winter garden and glass galleria. The scheme will total 1.4 million sq ft including a new tube and bus station, theatre, cinema and performance venue, bars, shops and a wellbeing hub. Above this will rise three towers of workspaces, apartments and hotels, all connected to the Thames by a stunning new land bridge.
Day, Image Courtesy © Uniform
- Architects: Santiago Calatrava Architect and Engineer
- Project: Peninsula Place
- Location: London, UK
- Executive Architect: Adamson Associates
- Architect PP2: Allies and Morrison
- Structural Engineer of record: Meinhardt
- MEP Engineer: AECOM
- Quantity Surveyor: Alinea
- Hotel Architect: Reardon Smith
- Hotel Advisors: Hamiltons
Sunday, March 5th, 2017
Article source: Framework Studio
Waldeck is a new bar in Amsterdam. Waldeck refers to the street on which is located. The Emmastraat is named after Queen Emma van Waldeck- Pyrmont.
The center of the design is the large bar located in the middle of the Cafe. The Bar defines the entire layout of the space. With its detailing and finishings it feels like the bar feels like a bar should feel. Sitting at the bar you have a perfect view over the Vondelpark and Konininneweg.
Image Courtesy © Peter Baas
- Architects: Framework Studio
- Project: Waldeck
- Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Photography: Peter Baas
- Year: 2016
Friday, March 3rd, 2017
Article source: PASQUINEL Studio
This restaurant it’s located in a new commercial center: Miyana, on Mexico City’s neighborhood, Polanco.
The main idea for the design was to create a relaxed atmosphere through warm materials and different spatial planes that generate a dynamic perception of the place. The restaurant is set on one level, but there is a mezzanine for services and a private area. It is integrated by a terrace on the commercial track, a non-smoking lounge with its terrace, and a terrace for smokers.
Image Courtesy © PASQUINEL Studio
- Architects: PASQUINEL Studio
- Project: Sonora Grill Miyana
- Location: Polanco, Mexico City