Archive for the ‘Restaurant’ Category
Sunday, August 20th, 2017
Article source: Dittel Architekten GmbH
DIA – Dittel Architekten conceptualised and designed the fine food restaurant Enso Sushi & Grill in a prime location in the Dorotheen Quartier shopping mall in Stuttgart. The restaurant’s modern design is as sophisticated and creative as Asian-European fusion cuisine. The reinterpretation of traditional Asian architectural elements using high-quality materials and natural colours lend a unique appeal to the 250 m2 restaurant. The restaurant concept truly lives up to its name, Enso, which means “harmony and perfection”.
Image Courtesy © Dittel Architekten GmbH
- Architects: Dittel Architekten GmbH
- Project: Enso Sushi & Grill
- Location: Stuttgart, Germany
- Software used: Vectorworks
Friday, August 18th, 2017
Article source: Caglayan Architects
Demirci Restaurant designed by Caglayan Architects an Istanbul based interior design studio, offers its customers an escape from the metropol life while it enables them to take a ‘delicious’ tour to the past in a harmonized space with the historical atmosphere of old town.
Image Courtesy © Caglayan Architects
- Architects: Caglayan Architects
- Project: Demirci Restaurant
- Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Friday, August 18th, 2017
Article source: JJA/Bespoke Architecture
Morty’s is a Hong Kong-based Sports Bar and Deli approved by the New York Times. It specialises in classic “New York City-style” fares like Reuben Sandwiches, Pastrami on House Rye, Potato Salad, Bagel & House Lox, and Classic Cornbread selections. All using sustainable meat prepared for the menu and cured by the restaurant’s own in-house kitchen.
Image Courtesy © Natasza Minasiewcz
- Architects: JJA/Bespoke Architecture
- Project: Morty’s Delicatessen on Star Street
- Location: Hong Kong
- Photography: Natasza Minasiewcz
- Area: 750 sq.ft (front of house + back of house)
- Date of Completion: June 2017
Friday, August 11th, 2017
Article source: Team V Architecture
By combining state-of-the-art materials with optimal reuse the sturdy TU/e Main Building from the sixties is transformed into a transparent and energy efficient university building. Opening the low-rise towards both the high rise and outside, makes the building into an inviting entrance to the TU/e campus and a showcase for innovation and technology.
Image Courtesy © Team V Architecture
- Architects: Team V Architecture
- Project: Atlas Building Technical University Eindhoven the Netherland
- Location: Den Dolech, Eindhoven (The Netherlands)
- Client: Eindhoven University of Technology
- Design Team: Team RSVP Total Engineer, a collaboration between Team V, Van Rossum, Valstar Simonis and Peutz
- Visuals: Zwartlicht
- Start project: 2014
- Completion: 2018
Tuesday, August 8th, 2017
Article source: Isern Associats
An anodyne office building from the 1970s with not enough free height between the floor structures but at the same time higher than the current law allows, constructed above railway arches which subjected it to an insufferably high level of vibration.
Image Courtesy © Adrià Goula
- Architects: Isern Associats
- Project: Hotel Ohla Eixample
- Location: Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Adrià Goula
- Collaborators: Yaiza Diaz, Aleix Naudó, Nuria Widmann, Laura Muñoz
- Technical Architect: Albert Bordera
- Acoustic Engineer: AV Enginyers
- Structural Engineer: Nolac
- Installations Engineer: JG
- Project Lighting: Artec
Sunday, August 6th, 2017
Article source: MVRDV
The Market Hall is a sustainable combination of food, leisure, living and parking, fully integrated to celebrate and enhance the synergetic possibilities of the different functions. A secure, covered square emerges beneath an arc, conceived as an inversion of a typical market square and its surrounding buildings. During the day it serves as central market hall, after hours the hall becomes an enormous, covered, well lit public space.
the Markthal from the East at dusk, as the lights come on, Image Courtesy © Daria Scagliola/Stijn Brakkee
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: Markthal Rotterdam
- Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Photography: Ossip van Duivenbode & Daria Scagliola/Stijn Brakkee
- Client: Provast Nederland bv, The Hague, Netherlands
- Design team (competition phase): Winy Maas, Jacob van Rijs and Nathalie de Vries with Marc Joubert, Anet Schurink, Jeroen Zuidgeest, Michele Olcese, Laura Grillo, Ivo van Capelleveen
- Design team (design and construction phase): Winy Maas, Jacob van Rijs and Nathalie de Vries with Renske van der Stoep, Anton Wubben, Marc Joubert, Sven Thorissen, Gijs Rikken, Joeri Horstink, Elsbeth Ronner
- Co-architect: INBO, Woudenberg, the Netherlands
Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017
Article source: Wutopia Lab
Eight tenths Garden is an art museum dedicated to arts and crafts, which can also be used as a venue for the conference in the idle hours. It has a coffee shop, a library, offices, bed and breakfasts, as well as a restaurant, study rooms and chess rooms. It is a micro cultural complex in all.
Eight tenths garden was originally a sales center. The sales center was one of the two-story buildings on the street’s triangular corner, with a four-story circular hall embedded on the top of it. The entrance is located on the garth of the triangle. The other two sides of the building were the neighborhood committee and shops along the street.
Image Courtesy © CreatAR
- Architects: Wutopia Lab
- Project: Eight tenths Garden
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Photography: CreatAR
- Client: Shi Huijuan
- LDI: Shanghai DuJuan Engineering Design and Consultants Limited
- Interior Design: ShangRuiYuan Building Design Consultants Limited
- Landscape design: Atelier VISION
- Chief architect: Yu Ting
Thursday, July 27th, 2017
Article source: LOdesigner
Restaurant of Italian cuisine Trattoria Margarita was opened in December 2016 in Yekaterinburg, Russia. According to the project of the architect – designer Lena Ostapova, laureate of the First prize for innovative spaces of restaurants “Premio Le 5 Stagioni 2015” Milan, 2015.
Image Courtesy © Askar Kabjan
- Architects: LOdesigner
- Project: Trattoria Margarita
- Location: Yekaterinburg, Russia
- Photography: Askar Kabjan
- Author of the project: Architect – designer Elena Ostapova
Saturday, July 22nd, 2017
Article source: v2com
Calgary-based Lemay + Toker, the product of a recent merger between architecture and interior design firm Toker + Associates and Montreal-based integrated services leader Lemay, has worked with community stakeholders and two valued clients to reinvent the historic Hudson Block in downtown Calgary as an inviting, community-oriented space showcasing local artists and the latest in retail design.
ATB Financial, Image Courtesy © Robert Lemermeyer, Lemermeyer Photography Inc.
- Architects: Lemay + Toker
- Project: ATB Financial | Phil & Sebastian Coffee Roasters at Hudson Block
- Location: Calgary, Canada
- Photography: Andy Nichols and Robert Lemermeyer, Lemermeyer Photography Inc.
- Client: ATB Financial | Phil & Sebastian Coffee Roasters
- Real estate developer: Triovest Realty Advisors Inc.
- Project end date: 2016
Friday, July 21st, 2017
Article source: Dan Brunn Architecture
Dan Brunn Architecture created a surreal, minimalist space for diners to experience Yojisan Sushi in Beverly Hills, CA, through a narrative of allusion and light. This subtle surrealism begins with the façade, which beckons guests to enter a threshold subdivided by delicately intersecting planes. The transition from city street to refuge—chaos to serenity—is experienced on multiple levels. Instead of relying on restaurant design clichés, the architect elected “to step through the looking glass” with this design, upending ordinary representations of sushi restaurants. The result is a simple yet substantial visual array inspired by traditional Japanese materials, culture, and lifestyle.
Image Courtesy © Taiyo Watanabe
- Architects: Dan Brunn Architecture (Dan Brunn, AIA, principal)
- Project: Yojisan Sushi
- Location: Beverly Hills, California, USA
- Photography: Taiyo Watanabe
- General Contractor: Tokyo Construction, Inc.
- Graphics/Logo: 6 Degrees LA
- Audio Video: Swayd Systems
- Exterior Sign: Tako Tyko
- Size: 1,657 square feet