Archive for the ‘Restaurant’ Category
Wednesday, September 11th, 2013
Article source: Concrete Architectural Associates
A new restaurant of Catalan chef Sergi Arola recently opened its doors in China, at the Harbour City shopping centre in Hong Kong. The renowned chef created the Vi Cool brand in addition to his Michelin star restaurants and his more contemporary restaurant Vi Roses as an expansion to his luxury venues. The new concept was developed as a restaurant where guests including Arola himself and his family and friends can enjoy the authentic Spanish cuisine in a more informal ambiance. Dining Concepts commissioned concrete to design the restaurant.
Image Courtesy © michael perini
- Architects: Concrete Architectural Associates
- Project: Vi Cool
- Location: Hong Kong
- Photography: michael perini
- Project team: rob wagemans, ayca dogan, susanne schanz, femke zumbrink, erik van dillen.
- General contractor: alliance engineers ltd.
- Fixed furniture: alliance engineers ltd.
- Loose furniture: thicas furniture
- Lighting: wellfound ltd.
- Metal constructions: alliance engineers ltd.
- Total area: 190 m2
- Date: 19 october 2012
- Floor: end grain wood, black granite
- Walls: hand-made tiles
- Cabinets: raw steel
- Tables: end grain wood, white marble
Saturday, September 7th, 2013
Article source: SWeeT co.,ltd
Our concept for Joe’s Chinese Restaurant is forgetting the image of existing Chinese restaurant and creating new sophisticated identity for this restaurant. We are inspired form restaurants in New York City. We want to apply their the metropolitan atmosphere and attractive modern spatial design to break through stereotype for Chinese restaurant.
Image Courtesy © SWeeT co.,ltd
- Architects: SWeeT co.,ltd
- Project: Joe’s Chinese Restaurant
- Location: Osaka, Japan
- OPEN: 2013.4
- Designer name: Takeshi Sano
Thursday, September 5th, 2013
Article source: Kokaistudios
After having cooperated together in landmark F&B projects, VOL and Kokaistudios re-joined to work on a challenging new project of conceiving an innovative Cantonese Fine Dining restaurant in Shanghai, a new product where the contemporary and trendy environment that is the signature of the VOL Group meets the pure essence of the traditional Cantonese cuisine. The challenge of creating such innovative product become the opportunity for Kokaistudios to reinvent the approach with which Chinese restaurants are usually conceived and create Y2C2, a restaurant elegant and edgy at the same time, a project that brings a new energy and freshness to Shanghai’s dining scene.
Image Courtesy © Charlie Xia
- Architects: Kokaistudios
- Project: Cantonese Fine Dining Restaurant Y2C2
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Photography: Charlie Xia
- Chief Architect: Filippo Gabbiani, Andrea Destefanis
- Interior Manager: Mirei Lim
- Design Team: Ada Sun, Rake Wang
- Size: 900 sqm
- Date of Completion: April, 2013
- Client: VOL Group
Friday, August 30th, 2013
Article source: YOD Design Lab
Kyiv people have known the “Odessa” Restaurant since 1962. But the new time demands new rules. And today the same good, old, cosy “Odessa” invites guests, though in a completely new format.
Odessa is a rather original city, with its inexpressible ethnic flavour and centuries-old history, which is located at the seaside of the Black Sea in the South of Ukraine. You can truly understand and come to love Odessa only once you have visited it. This is why we didn’t aim at simply reproducing the spirit of this unique city. Instead, we were trying to identify invisible associative links through which the bright image of the place would be formed.
Image Courtesy © Andrey Avdeenko
- Architects: YOD Design Lab
- Project: Restaurant Odessa
- Location: Odessa, Ukraine
- Photography: Andrey Avdeenko
- Client: private person
- Creative Director : Volodymyr Nepyivoda
- Creating Date: 2013
- Art Director: Dmitriy Bonesko
- Designer: Volodymyr Nepyivoda, Dmitriy Bonesko, graphic designer: Ilya Nepravda
Tuesday, August 27th, 2013
Article source: concrete
DESIGN STORY / NARRATIVE
At supperclub, food, drinks, light and sound are in harmony, merged into an atmosphere that offers an escape from the everyday world. A visit to supperclub is an experience that washes over you, a sanctuary for the senses. The evening begins in a neutral environment, similar to a white canvas, which undergoes successive transformations into a café, restaurant, bar, theatre and club.
Image Courtesy © Paul Emous / concrete
- Architects: concrete
- Project: supperclub Dubai
- Location: The Palm Jumeirah, United Arab Emirates
- Photography: Paul Emous, concrete
- Client: Vibe Middle East
- Project team: Rob Wagemans, Marc Brummelhuis, Bart de Beer, Femke Zumbrink, Merijn Verduyn, Charlotte Key
- General contractor: Bash Hesnef
- Havc consultant: Bluehaus Group
- Lighting consultant: Bluehaus Group
- Audio visual consultant: WADG
- Acoustic consultant: Acoustic Logic
Friday, August 23rd, 2013
Article source: Hou de Sousa
Happy Panda is a new restaurant located within the Paseo San Francisco shopping center in Cumbaya, Ecuador.
The existing site was a long and narrow shoe box shaped volume. Our analysis of the client’s needs revealed that in order to best serve different customer types, a private dining space was required in addition to a larger and more public dining area. We split the dining space in two by placing the service areas in between. The private space was placed in the back, while the public dining area faces the entrance. This had the added benefit of improving the overall proportions and feel of the space, which otherwise would have been overly stretched and corridor-like. We also raised the kitchen onto a mezzanine level in order to free up more space for seating and a bar.
Image Courtesy © Hou de Sousa and Jay Van der Meer
- Architects: Hou de Sousa
- Project: Happy Panda
- Location: C.C. Paseo San Francisco, Cumbaya, Ecuador
- Photography: Hou de Sousa and Jay Van der Meer
- Project Team: Nancy Hou, Josh de Sousa
- Project Type: Restaurant
- Contractor: Hou de Sousa
- Project Year: 2013
- Project Area: 200 sq. m
Wednesday, August 21st, 2013
Article source: St Arquitetura e Consultoria
Our office developed the concept and design of the first restaurant in Sao Paulo city, since in order to expand via franchising. We were responsible for development of all suppliers and architectural designs of the restaurants outside of SP and SP. Cities like: Brasilia, SJ Rio Preto, Salvador, Curitiba, Rio de Janeiro, as well as construction management units SP. Established a job well near the master franchisee to ensure standardization and replication of the restaurant throughout Brazil and outside of Brazil.
Image Courtesy © St Arquitetura e Consultoria
- Architects: St Arquitetura e Consultoria
- Project: L´entrecote de Paris – Restaurant
- Location: São Paulo, Brazil
- Architects Member: Stephan Steyer and team
- Gross area: 125m2
- Completed date: 2013.7
Saturday, August 17th, 2013
Article source: ARCO Arquitectura Contemporánea
In Mexico loncherías —snack bars— have a long history in the popular gastronomy and are usually a synonym for craving. With this tradition in mind, ARCO Arquitectura Contemporánea developed the interior design for Lonchería La Favorita, a new proposal for snacks cookery that is located on Insurgentes avenue in Mexico City. Architects Bernardo and Jose Lew, directors of ARCO, defined with the owners a well balanced project to make the most of the 70 sq m area.
Image Courtesy © Jaime Navarro
- Architects: Arquitectura Contemporánea
- Project: La Favorita
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Photography: Jaime Navarro
- Architectonic project and interior: ARCO Arquitectura Contemporánea, Arq. José Lew Kirsch Arq. Bernardo Lew Kirsch
- Contributors: Arq. Oscar Sarabia, Arq. Jonathan Herrejón, Arq. Guillermo Martinez, Arq. Federico Teista, Arq. Nahela Hinojosa, Arq. Emanuel Galvez
- Construction and construction supervision: ARCO Arquitectura Contemporánea
- Materials: Wood, pulp Mosaic, Concrete apparent, fachaleta, painting.
- Branding: Ernesto Moncada
- Renders: Arq. Jonathan Herrejón
- Built area: 70 m2
- Year: 2012
Saturday, August 10th, 2013
Article source: WAMHOUSE s.c.
About the collection “XII”
The collection “XII” will consist of 12 thematic interior designs, together with furniture and fittings, which in each part will be interconnected, not only in terms of style, but also by name. Each subsequent design will be created within one month, and the entire collection will take one year to create.
Here, visualization is to constitute more than a design, which is thrown away after implementation of the interior design, but mainly an image, which has a deeper meaning and can function individually, for instance as a print on a wall, or even a CD cover.
Image Courtesy © karina wiciak
- Architects: WAMHOUSE s.c.
- Project: SZWALNIA club & restaurant
- Photography: karina wiciak
Wednesday, August 7th, 2013
Article source: VAÍLLO & IRIGARAY + GALAR
We like the restaurants that change: that every time you go are different … changing your emotions with the type of event you want, with the environment you want to recreate … (we hate the feeders) …
we like places that speak of where you are, the climate in which they are involved, what they have at them side…
we like the restaurants that have appropriate corners, dwellings which can be tailored to each …
… seldom have found … perhaps that is why we accept the challenge of build a restaurant in a merca’o
Image Courtesy © José Manuel Cutillas
- Architects: VAÍLLO & IRIGARAY + GALAR
- Project: RESTAURANTE EL MERCA’O
- Location: PAMPLONA, Spain
- Photography: José Manuel Cutillas
- Project Manager: Daniel Galar Irurre, architect
- Builder: Conslau
- Project: Febrero 2007
- Work finished: Mayo 2008
- Client: Nueva hostelería del mercado 2006 S.L.
- Facilities: PyP Ingenieros – Luis Maeztu
- Lighting: ALS Lighting – Anton Amann
- Design: KEN Comunicacion