Archive for the ‘Restaurant’ Category
Wednesday, February 1st, 2012
Article source: Andre Kikoski Architect, PLLC
It was both an incredible honor and an exhilarating challenge to create The Wright, the new restaurant at the Guggenheim Museum — which is the first addition to the building’s iconic interior. We sought to create a contemporary response to complement the building with an extremely modest budget and 1,600 square feet in which to work.
Images Courtesy Peter Aaron
- Architect: Andre Kikoski Architect, PLLC
- Name of Project: The Wright at the Guggenheim Museum
- Location: New York City
- Owner: Restaurant Associates
- Engineer: HHF Design Consulting, Ltd.
- General Contractor: James G. Kennedy & Co., Inc.
- Lighting: Tillotson Design Associates
- Photo Credit: © Peter Aaron
- Software used: AutoCAD
Tuesday, January 24th, 2012
Article source: Amiot Bergeron Architectes
The concept is well defined through the name of the restaurant, especially because the restaurant is managed by blinds and sponsored by the foundation mira. Site selection, accessibility and interior planning were the guidelines for the concept, selected to be approved by the crsss. The challenge was in the organization of two (2) types of circulation: the public and the blind waiters. The sensitive approach is perceived through the floor textures and dividing low walls.
Saturday, January 14th, 2012
Article source: Buensalido Architects
Chef’s Table is a contemporary restaurant owned by celebrity Chef Bruce Lim, a well celebrated chef who hosts world-renowned tv cooking shows and consults for numerous food companies. His cuisine is essentially contemporary Filipino. He takes local dishes, ingredients, and recipies and gives them a surprising but pleasing twist.
Image Courtesy Buensalido Architects
- Architects: Buensalido Architects
- Project: Chef’s Table
- Location: Fort Global City, Manila, Philippines
- Size: 250 square meters
- Status: Built
- Year: 2010
Wednesday, January 4th, 2012
Article source: Donaire Arquitectos
Interior design restoration in a space located in the city center of Seville into a Restaurant themed around the world of wine. The main aim was to create a space where to integrate the tradition of wine culture and modern cuisine.
Image Courtesy Fernando Alda
- Architects: Donaire Arquitectos
- Project: Wine Restaurant PaCatar
- Location: Seville, Spain
- Client: Private
- Project Area: 130,00 m²
- Architects Authors: Juan Pedro Donaire (DONAIRE ARQUITECTOS)
- Photographs: Fernando Alda
- Architect Team: Carlos Iglesias, Ignacio Núñez Bootello, Jesús Núñez, Bootello, Delia Pacheco Donaire, Pablo Baruc García Gómez
Saturday, December 17th, 2011
Article source: rojkind arquitectos and Esrawe Studio
Considered one of the best Japanese restaurants in Mexico City and due to its remarkable success, Tori-Tori has now moved to a bigger location in the same area of Polanco, Mexico City, where Rojkind Arquitectos and Esrawe Studio teamed up to make it happen. At the residential area in Polanco that has seen changes in its zoning, houses have been transformed to office spaces or restaurants. Sometimes things happen so unnoticeably, that just a small sign appears where a new space has been developed with a completely different program inside, while preserving its exterior. Aware of this, Rojkind and Esrawe wanted to give enough strength to the new program that they proposed to transform the space inside out.
Exterior View (© rojkind arquitectos, Images Courtesy by Paúl Rivera)
- Architect: rojkind arquitectos and Esrawe Studio
- Name of Project: Tori Tori Restaurant
- Location: Polanco, Mexico City, Mexico
- Program: Restaurant
- Construction Area: 629 m2
- Photographer: Paúl Rivera
Friday, December 9th, 2011
Article source: Safdie Architects
Safdie Architects announced today that it has been chosen to design a 10- million-square-foot mixed-use complex for a historically significant site at the confluence of the Yangtze and Jialing rivers, in the inland Chinese city of Chongqing. The project, which was also announced in Singapore and Hong Kong by development partners CapitaLand, CapitaMalls Asia, and Singbridge, will feature residential and office space as well as retail and cultural facilities, a service residence, a hotel, restaurants and clubs, a park, gardens, and hubs for land and water transportation, including ferry docking and landscaped boardwalks.
- Architects: Safdie Architects
- Project: Chongqing Chaotianmen
- Location: Chongqing, China
Wednesday, December 7th, 2011
Article source: FreelandBuck
Maximiliano is an Italian restaurant and pizzeria for chef Andre Guerrero that opened in October 2011 in Los Angeles. The 2,200 sf tenant improvement is atmospherically distinct; a unique triangular dining area infused with color and evocative of the rich and refined menu. A large mural on the large south wall creates a strong graphic and spatial identity, evoking the rhythmic yet varied shapes of Guerrero’s handmade pastas. The rhythm of embossed white stripes shifts from evenly parallel at the ceiling to randomly wavy at the seats, giving a gravitational weight to the wall and infusing the space with vibrant color and pattern. Descending over a door to the patio is a deep porous soffit that undulates over the bar, filtering natural and artificial light and housing the restaurants wine collection. The brightly painted slats animate the space with local and varied color intensities creating 3d optical effects as the viewer moves that recall the visual instability of 1970’s Op Art.
Image Courtesy Nils Timms
- Architects: FreelandBuck
- Project: Maximiliano Restaurant
- Location: 5930 York Blvd, Los Angeles, 90042
- Client: Andre, Fred, and Max Guerrero
- Contractor: Giuliano Silva
- Completed: October 2011
- Size: 2200 square feet
- Photography: Nils Timms
- Software used: Rhino and Grasshopper
Thursday, December 1st, 2011
Article source: kotaro horiuchi architecture
A wall with 3 curved surfaces was designed to softly wrap around itself at the center of the space on the ground and 1st floor of the existing building, built during the 18th century. Inside the building, customers can see the superposition of cheese selling spaces and degustation spaces through the holes in the walls, like trough a piece(space) of cheese cellar.
- Architect: kotaro horiuchi architecture
- Name of Project: Salon du Fromage
- Location: 1st district, Paris, France
- Completion: december 2010
- Program: Restaurant, Boutique
- Built surface: 73 m²
- Structure: Bollinger und Grohmann
Tuesday, November 29th, 2011
Article source: dumdum design
The mission of dumdum design was to create a global concept for the new healthy restaurant brand SOJOU. The first restaurant opened in September 2011 in Casablanca – Morocco. From the interior design to the graphism, dumdum design has imagine a concept in perspective of other openings.
Interior View (Images Courtesy Jean Madeyski)
- Architect: dumdum design
- Name of Project: Sojou Fooding Concept
- Location: Quartier Gauthier, Casablanca, Marocco
- Date: September 2011 – First SOJOU is opening
- Size: +/- 60m2 (for the restaurant space)
- Seats: 29 seats inside + 10 seats outside
- Environment: Urban, district of offices
- Photo credits: Jean Madeyski
- Software used: Drawings were made on Vectorworks, and the visual of menu on 3d SketchUp
Wednesday, November 9th, 2011
Article source: ILMIODESIGN
Concept and Interior Design
LAH! Restaurant wants to win the challenge of introducing the South-East Asia through a new, innovative and unique space.
The project idea is that of bringing the core of a distant and unknown land with different cultures, customs and religions shaping it in a design which can produce a friendly space, speaking of architectural forms and proportions, to generate intense sensory emotions in the audience.
Front View in Night (Images Courtesy Usio Davila)
- Architect: ILMIODESIGN – Andrea Spada, Michele Corbani
- Name of Project: Lah! RESTAURANT
- Location: Calle Maria de Molina 50 – 28006 Madrid, Spain
- Client: Sigla S.A.
- Design Team: Andrea Spada, Michele Corbani
- Date of Starting: July 2011
- Date of Completation: September 2011
- Built Area: 350 M2
- Photographer: Usio Davila