Archive for the ‘Restaurant’ Category
Thursday, January 10th, 2013
Article source: Denys & von Arend
The table is set!
Whenever you try to create a brand from scratch, to corporatize, beautify or modernize a concept traditionally associated to low costs and immediacy, as it is the case with take away food retail, there´s always the latent risk of snatching at the same time the personal aura, the crafty feeling and the accessible appeal this type of commercial establishments usually have. Therefore, the operation of transforming a former basement garage, in downtown Sabadell, into a catwalk for “Haute Cuisine Pret-a- Porter” was evidently raised from the very beginning as a major challenge that needed to harmonize all contradictions that such merger of concepts arose, while space distribution and overall branding needed to fulfill the needs of two quite distinct activities, address two different audiences, and promote, simultaneously, two ways of consuming high-class catering and low cost gourmet dinners.
Image Courtesy Victor Hugo Anton
- Architects: Denys & von Arend
- Project: Sensacions Catering
- Location: Sabadell, Barcelona
- Project Type: Restaurant
- Client: Jaume Subires
- Design Agency: Denys & von Arend
- Designer: Dani Pérez y Felipe Araujo
- Total Storeys: 1
- Floor Area: 150 m2
- Photography: Victor Hugo Anton
- Design / Completion Date: 4 months
Friday, January 4th, 2013
Article source: Wamhouse
“Ubojnia”is the second of twelve parts of an original collection called ”XII”, entirely full designed by Karina Wiciak (designer from Wamhouse).
Image Courtesy Wamhouse
Wednesday, December 19th, 2012
Article source: 403architecture [dajiba]
This project was the design and construction of a warehouse for an interiors shop and restaurant.
At this time, we had built up a stock of materials from three previous projects; “the floor of Atsumi”, “the grid of Santen” and “the difference of Ebitsuka” so, we decided to use these material for the warehouse. Unfortunately though, the amount was not enough. The idea for additional material was to reuse palettes used in freight trafficking. In modern distribution, the material of the palette has now shifted from timber to plastic and so, the transportation companies are burdened with the task of disposing of the large inventory of wood. It is for this reason, we decided to use this material, which had supported the commodity of the national distribution system, to try to create a relationship with local distribution and trade.
Image Courtesy Kentahasegawa
Monday, December 17th, 2012
Article source: Moral Arquitectura
The time is who builds this one
A lost place, a real place.
There is a Way that is always open
It is a family work, a personal option, a life story
This Project belongs to ground
Only the hand transformed the inside of the hill
The ancient gallery was already there. It was always there
This project thinks about how to define a sensations sequence
A mouth that swallows you and takes you to its entrails
The dryness of the place, the crudeness of the stations transform into rugosity. Day by day…
There was no exact plan. It was an intuitive work. It was a hard process. It was an experimental labor.
A heavy, firm, deep… matter that was marked by pressure, by the weather and by the…time
Image Courtesy © Jorge López-Conde
- Architects: Moral Arquitectura
- Project: Castle Winery
- Location: Moratinos (Palencia), Spain
- Photography: Jorge López-Conde
- Architects Office: Fernando Moral Andrés/Moral Arquitectura
- Project Architect: Fernando Moral Andrés
- Quantity Surveyor: José Luis Sánchez Rodríguez
- Collaborators: Teresa Gómez, Fernando P. Borrego, Antonio Moral, Miguel Ángel Moral, Javier Ramos, Javier Sancho, Alexis S. Verpont
- Structural Partner: Moncova, S.L.
- Construction: Javier Vega, Miguel Alonso, Alfonso Alonso, Secundino González, Tino Díez
- Area: 255.2 sqm
- Year: 2012
- Software used: AutoCAD
Tuesday, December 11th, 2012
Article source: HAO / Holm Architecture Office
The Tianjin Hotel project is located close to the center of the city of Tianjin, a city with a population of ten million, situated approximately 120 kilometers south of Beijing in Northern China.
The building program incorporates the traditional hotel amenities such as conference rooms, restaurants, and fitness areas with a vibrant gallery for art and changing exhibitions showcasing local and international artists.
Image Courtesy HAO / Holm Architecture Office
- Architects: HAO / Holm Architecture Office
- Project: The Tianjin Hotel
- Location: Tianjin, China.
- Program: 250 Hotel Rooms, Restaurant, Conference Areas, Lobby, Fitness Center, Nightclub & Art Gallery.
- Type: Invited Concept Proposal.
- Size: 34,000 M2.
- Client: Confidential.
Saturday, December 8th, 2012
Article source: Studio Kalamar
A leading Slovene restaurant and catering chain commissioned us to develop a new, larger-type restaurant in the DSU Palace Building in Ljubljana: a daytime restaurant in a building with 1500 public administration employees. Basic volume, installations and construction of the restaurant space were predefined with the building project, our task was to optimize the secondary space areas and create a new, distinctive restaurant ambient which would serve as a basis for further chain expansion as well as for renovations of existing restaurants.
Image Courtesy Studio Kalamar
- Architects: Studio Kalamar
- Project: Restaurant Apetit
- Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Area: 800 m2
- Client: Slorest d.o.o.
- Type: interior
- Completed: 2011
Wednesday, December 5th, 2012
Article source: Panorama Architecture
Izakaya Singer is a Japanese restaurant situated at the newly-opened food & entertainment hub “OCT Bay” in Shenzhen, China. A main scene of “Dining Room” was created to give a “home” feeling and move the traditional izakaya’s dining experience to a new level of trendiness. Up-cycling of different found objects provide unique casual dining experience for the whole space:
Image Courtesy Ng Siu Fung
- Architects: Panorama Architecture
- Project: Izakaya Singer
- Location: Shenzhen, China
- Area: 340 sq.m
- Completion Date: July 2012
- Client: Izakaya Singer Co., Ltd.
- Design Team: Horace Pan, Alan Tse, Nick Wong
- Photographer: Ng Siu Fung
- Writer: Horace Pan (Founder, PANORAMA)
Saturday, December 1st, 2012
Article source: Organic Scapes and Architecture [OS+A]
The concept design proposal is based on the social aspect that defines every manufactured product within its geographical scope. This social aspect manifests itself through the design of an externally equipped public space, internal common areas with natural light, an elaborate landscape and hard-scape design, a predisposition of interesting observation points and the contemplation of their surrounding context, and the desire to accentuate a constant permeable state between external and internal spaces.
Image Courtesy Organic Scapes and Architecture
- Architects: Organic Scapes and Architecture [OS+A]
- Project: Redevelopment of Malga Fosse
- Location: Comune di Siror, Trento, Italy
- Project in collaboration with: Chiara Marchionni, Luca Vernocchi
- Type: International Competition
- Program: Restaurant, Residence, Bar
- Year: 2012
- Status: Competition Entry
- Team: [OS+A – Gabriel Belli Butler, Stefano Rocchetti] in collaboration with: Chiara Marchionni, Luca Vernocchi
- Energy and Sustainabilty Consultant: Lukas Sosna
- Building Volume: 1740 m³
- Software used: Rhino 4.0, 3D studio Max 11, Vray 1.5, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign CS5
Saturday, December 1st, 2012
Article source: Lmarchitects
The shell that houses the restaurant- Karaiskaki Stadium, which is built over the water, was a benchmark in the design proposal.
The wave of the sea that existed in place is introduced in the design of the space in the form of an optically moving roof element. This element, which is the result of parametric design, dominates the environment and gives identity to the restaurant.
Image Courtesy Studio Paterakis
Saturday, November 17th, 2012
Article source: Boué Arquitectos
Boué Architects team, led by Gerardo Boué, Oliva project development, a concept Deli-restaurant and wine shop specializing in gourmet and kosher food, which is located in Bosques de las Lomas. The development of the project is over 3 floors, the basement where the wineries, the first level where the restaurant and deli located and the second level where the kitchen was installed and inaugurated in December 2011.
Image Courtesy Boué Arquitectos
- Architects: Boué Arquitectos
- Project: Oliva
- Location: Bosques de las Lomas, Mexico
- Architects: Gerardo Boué, Agustín Funcia
- Photos: Boué Arquitectos