Archive for the ‘Restaurant’ Category
Sunday, August 6th, 2017
Article source: MVRDV
The Market Hall is a sustainable combination of food, leisure, living and parking, fully integrated to celebrate and enhance the synergetic possibilities of the different functions. A secure, covered square emerges beneath an arc, conceived as an inversion of a typical market square and its surrounding buildings. During the day it serves as central market hall, after hours the hall becomes an enormous, covered, well lit public space.
the Markthal from the East at dusk, as the lights come on, Image Courtesy © Daria Scagliola/Stijn Brakkee
- Architects: MVRDV
- Project: Markthal Rotterdam
- Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Photography: Ossip van Duivenbode & Daria Scagliola/Stijn Brakkee
- Client: Provast Nederland bv, The Hague, Netherlands
- Design team (competition phase): Winy Maas, Jacob van Rijs and Nathalie de Vries with Marc Joubert, Anet Schurink, Jeroen Zuidgeest, Michele Olcese, Laura Grillo, Ivo van Capelleveen
- Design team (design and construction phase): Winy Maas, Jacob van Rijs and Nathalie de Vries with Renske van der Stoep, Anton Wubben, Marc Joubert, Sven Thorissen, Gijs Rikken, Joeri Horstink, Elsbeth Ronner
- Co-architect: INBO, Woudenberg, the Netherlands
Wednesday, August 2nd, 2017
Article source: Wutopia Lab
Eight tenths Garden is an art museum dedicated to arts and crafts, which can also be used as a venue for the conference in the idle hours. It has a coffee shop, a library, offices, bed and breakfasts, as well as a restaurant, study rooms and chess rooms. It is a micro cultural complex in all.
Eight tenths garden was originally a sales center. The sales center was one of the two-story buildings on the street’s triangular corner, with a four-story circular hall embedded on the top of it. The entrance is located on the garth of the triangle. The other two sides of the building were the neighborhood committee and shops along the street.
Image Courtesy © CreatAR
- Architects: Wutopia Lab
- Project: Eight tenths Garden
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Photography: CreatAR
- Client: Shi Huijuan
- LDI: Shanghai DuJuan Engineering Design and Consultants Limited
- Interior Design: ShangRuiYuan Building Design Consultants Limited
- Landscape design: Atelier VISION
- Chief architect: Yu Ting
Thursday, July 27th, 2017
Article source: LOdesigner
Restaurant of Italian cuisine Trattoria Margarita was opened in December 2016 in Yekaterinburg, Russia. According to the project of the architect – designer Lena Ostapova, laureate of the First prize for innovative spaces of restaurants “Premio Le 5 Stagioni 2015” Milan, 2015.
Image Courtesy © Askar Kabjan
- Architects: LOdesigner
- Project: Trattoria Margarita
- Location: Yekaterinburg, Russia
- Photography: Askar Kabjan
- Author of the project: Architect – designer Elena Ostapova
Saturday, July 22nd, 2017
Article source: v2com
Calgary-based Lemay + Toker, the product of a recent merger between architecture and interior design firm Toker + Associates and Montreal-based integrated services leader Lemay, has worked with community stakeholders and two valued clients to reinvent the historic Hudson Block in downtown Calgary as an inviting, community-oriented space showcasing local artists and the latest in retail design.
ATB Financial, Image Courtesy © Robert Lemermeyer, Lemermeyer Photography Inc.
- Architects: Lemay + Toker
- Project: ATB Financial | Phil & Sebastian Coffee Roasters at Hudson Block
- Location: Calgary, Canada
- Photography: Andy Nichols and Robert Lemermeyer, Lemermeyer Photography Inc.
- Client: ATB Financial | Phil & Sebastian Coffee Roasters
- Real estate developer: Triovest Realty Advisors Inc.
- Project end date: 2016
Friday, July 21st, 2017
Article source: Dan Brunn Architecture
Dan Brunn Architecture created a surreal, minimalist space for diners to experience Yojisan Sushi in Beverly Hills, CA, through a narrative of allusion and light. This subtle surrealism begins with the façade, which beckons guests to enter a threshold subdivided by delicately intersecting planes. The transition from city street to refuge—chaos to serenity—is experienced on multiple levels. Instead of relying on restaurant design clichés, the architect elected “to step through the looking glass” with this design, upending ordinary representations of sushi restaurants. The result is a simple yet substantial visual array inspired by traditional Japanese materials, culture, and lifestyle.
Image Courtesy © Taiyo Watanabe
- Architects: Dan Brunn Architecture (Dan Brunn, AIA, principal)
- Project: Yojisan Sushi
- Location: Beverly Hills, California, USA
- Photography: Taiyo Watanabe
- General Contractor: Tokyo Construction, Inc.
- Graphics/Logo: 6 Degrees LA
- Audio Video: Swayd Systems
- Exterior Sign: Tako Tyko
- Size: 1,657 square feet
Thursday, July 20th, 2017
Article source: AMOO and Arquitecturia Camps Felip
The Filmax Cinemas in Gran Vía, located within the Gran Vía 2 shopping centre, opened their doors 15 years ago, with this business model’s boom, which is based on leisure and mass consumption, and it led to fi lling the urban centres with a multitude of shopping centres, combining shops, restaurants and multi-screen theatres. After this golden age and before the paradigm shift, the client seeks a project to straighten up the cinemas by reducing their dimension, optimising their functioning and offering an experience which goes beyond what happens inside the room.
Image Courtesy © José Hevia
- Architects: AMOO and Arquitecturia Camps Felip
- Project: Filmax Cinema Hall
- Location: L’hospitalet de Llobregat, Spain
- Photography: José Hevia
- Client: Multicines Pedrosa S.A.
- Main contractor: Construcciones Barcelona 175, S.L.
- Gross area: 640,00 m2
- Tender date: June 2015 – December 2015
- Start on site date: April 2016
- Completetion date: June 2016
Tuesday, July 18th, 2017
Article source: Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos
In response to the current demand for quality spaces in a context of continual urban growth, Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos designed the Artz Pedregal, a mixed-use complex that promises to be a new icon in the heart of southern Mexico City. This project is located within a fully urbanized landscape on a 50,000 m2 site that is adjacent to major roads.
Park and Gallery view, Image Courtesy © Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos, render by Lighthouse 3D
- Architects: Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos
- Project: ARTZ PEDREGAL
- Location: Mexico City, Mexico
- Photography: Lighthouse 3D
- President: Javier Sordo Madaleno Bringas
- Architecture Leader: Javier Sordo Madaleno de Haro
- Project Leader: Andrés Cajiga
- Project Manager: Luis Hernández
- Design Team: Fernanda Roldán, Thelma Ruelas, Armando Ledesma, Marco Manríquez
Tuesday, July 11th, 2017
Article source: LoCa Studio
L’Actiu is an opportunity to create a warm atmosphere using practical and simple elements that add flexibility and versatility.
Mediterranean and colorful elements define the space indoors as well as outdoors to transform the original aseptic space into a welcoming place. The new restaurant in Barcelona Activa wants to be a reference in gastronomy, cultural events and after work meetings.
Image Courtesy © Pol Viladoms
- Architects: LoCa Studio
- Project: L’Actiu Restaurant
- Location: Poble Nou, Barcelona, Spain
- Photography: Pol Viladoms
- Lead Architects: Carlota Casanova, Daniel Lorenzo, Marta García Granell, Lara Ferrer, Sònia Lamesa
- Other participants: Pelayo Méndez, Graphic Design: Rombus, Marta García Granell, Lara Ferrer, Pablo Martinez, Mar Santamaria
- Gross Built Area (square meters or square foot): 300m2
- Completion Year: 2015
Sunday, July 9th, 2017
Article source: Robot 3 Studio
The design of White Metal Hut-LUCKY Kabob Bar has been completed in 2016. Then in 2017, the owner of the kabob bar commissioned the expansion work to Robot 3.
Black Stone has existed from the beginning of the Creation.
Image Courtesy © Robot 3 Studio
- Architects: Robot 3 Studio
- Project: Lucky Kabob Bar 2.0
- Location: Kexing Road No. 43, Changping District, Beijing, China
- Client: Lucky Bar
- Principal Architect: Pan Fei, Wang Zhi
- Design Consultant: Han Dong
- Building Area: 194 sqm
- Design Stage: 2017.03
- Completion: 2017.05
Sunday, July 9th, 2017
Article source: Powerhouse Company
Powerhouse Company, in collaboration with landscape architect ZUS and developer Amvest, won the invited competition for a 70,000 m2 mixed use building right next to the central station of Eindhoven. In Powerhouse Company’s winning design, three slender towers fan out to generous plinths. The complex combines a varied residential program with an array of (semi-)public amenities ranging from hotel to work/meeting spaces, a student study centre, shops, restaurants and exhibition spaces.
Image Courtesy © Powerhouse Company